Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36414445464748 LastLast

Thread: Battle Moon Wars 2 - Discussion/Development

Blog Entries
    Will you add stuff from F/Apo?

Blog Entries
    We've been debating about it since F/Apo got released and right now we are at maybe.

Blog Entries
    Also, progress/change logs would be greatly appreciated.

This is still a thing? I thought it became a legend.

Blog Entries
    No, it's a zombie.

More like a snail, really.
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

Blog Entries
    Man with all these characters your thinking of putting in, it'd be best if you think about putting in a Duo or Tri System.

You can get an example of the squad systems in Super Robot Taisen Z1 and Z3.1 Jigoku-Hen.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZidanReign View Post
    Man with all these characters your thinking of putting in, it'd be best if you think about putting in a Duo or Tri System.

You can get an example of the squad systems in Super Robot Taisen Z1 and Z3.1 Jigoku-Hen.
    Let me put it this way. In the heirarchy of "going to be finished soon", you have:

UBW --> HF movie --> FH/A translation --> Mahoyo translation --> CCC translation --> Tsukihime Remake --> Katawa Shoujo 2 --> heat death of the universe --> Tsukihime Anime --> heat death of several parallel universes --> BMW 2

No one here expects it to be finished, least of all by a bunch of amateurs who have none of the needed skillset, have never made a game before, and spend a grand total of "maybe like 5 minutes if I have free time" a week on it.

Basically, to skip over a whole lot of nonsense, since I left, the rest pretty much decided to try and do this the "proper" way, rather than the hack-job I suggested, back when Bloble was building maps using the map editor.

This means that, yeah, the project will be *better* once its done, its just going to take much longer than my suggested plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi
    [18:56] <Satehi> I will never leave Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru
    [12:28:01] <Lian|work> I'm not a shotacon!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt -- Abraham Lincoln

Join Mafia 5 - A great game for losing friends and making enemies!

Blog Entries
    I have no expectations at all of this being done.

I'm just saying if their going to keep adding stuff, they need to balance stuff out if they even get that far.

Personally, this project should've been dead months ago. A proper Project Manager wouldn't even look at this mess and think its saveable. There are better things they could be spending their time with than try to make a sequel to an already niche doujin fangame of all things (considering they already are.)

But, people are stubborn.

The team already decided that we wouldn't go with BMW2 as our final title, just a moniker while its in development. I'm afraid I can't much about everything in the matter, but we really do need more programmers with the prerequisite of having alot more time on their hands. I'm not really much help considering I'm just the art asset guy, and I don't have enough money to hire programmer to some professional work for us.

In any case, if you want to see some slightly more tangible evidence of progress, here's the Azaka/lighting concept that I had posted a while back on my art thread. This is also the general resolution of the battle sprites.

Last edited by Phearo; January 5th, 2015 at 11:44 PM.
    Hamburgers.
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

Blog Entries
    I can't say I would be able to help much. I wouldn't call myself a programmer, more like a code monkey that can figure out how to make things work crudely from bash attempts.

You could always try the M.U.G.E.N. communities. Even now their still active.

Quote Originally Posted by ZidanReign View Post

Personally, this project should've been dead months ago. A proper Project Manager wouldn't even look at this mess and think its saveable. There are better things they could be spending their time with than try to make a sequel to an already niche doujin fangame of all things (considering they already are.)

But, people are stubborn.
    I wish I could say you were wrong. Despite officially having departed from the project, I did take a look at the project, having some former experience in managing projects such as these, and several...key issues are there.

1. The engine is nonexistent and no list of features and planned implementation methods existed in any way whatsoever on any kind of document. This should have been Step 1 -- to define the problem correctly and to note areas which needed to be solved. So far, I have not seen any such definition of the scope of the project -- something which needs to be discussed by both a game designer and a programmer in conjunction to balance both desires and possibilities, balanced with timeframe.

2. Regardless of engine functionality, I do not see any form of standard for all battle sprites or how they're going to be handled -- something that should be key information for both whoever's making the game on a programming side, and the artists, because if battle sprites all have to abide by certain restrictions, I have yet to hear of them.

3. No content pipeline has been planned for art assets.

4. Mapping ostensibly is possible, but the programmer has left no documentation, and I'm not in the mood to dig through code to find out what precisely needs to be done.

5. Story personnel have refrained from developing anything along their lines due to fear the project will not complete.

6. I have seen no roadmap once the "base engine" is developed for developing several key features, which include but are not limited to: Visual Novel portions, a scripting language for the storyliners, battle mechanics (which are available in the original code acquired by the team but have not to my knowledge been deciphered into proper formulas), and whatever scripting system will handle the battle animations (which will need to be programmed in, in some form or another, to include basic animation features like switching frames and generally moving the sprite here and there).

Based on this, I believe that this project will take, optimistically, 3 years before it can have even an initial release. 5 years is more likely, though still reasonably optimistic. Don't get me wrong, if people stick with it they *could* finish it, its just going to be a bit of a wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi
    [18:56] <Satehi> I will never leave Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru
    [12:28:01] <Lian|work> I'm not a shotacon!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt -- Abraham Lincoln

Join Mafia 5 - A great game for losing friends and making enemies!

Blog Entries
    So, no significant progress at all, I see.

RR, I thought Mil has those stuff tucked away in DSM?
    Last edited by Phearo; January 6th, 2015 at 01:24 PM.
    Hamburgers.

Blog Entries
    >DSM Illuminati

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Let me put it this way. In the heirarchy of "going to be finished soon", you have:

UBW --> HF movie --> FH/A translation --> Mahoyo translation --> CCC translation --> Tsukihime Remake --> Katawa Shoujo 2 --> heat death of the universe --> Tsukihime Anime --> heat death of several parallel universes --> BMW 2

No one here expects it to be finished, least of all by a bunch of amateurs who have none of the needed skillset, have never made a game before, and spend a grand total of "maybe like 5 minutes if I have free time" a week on it.
    Hollow Ataraxia is fully translated though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Blog Entries
    Stop meming.

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post

You want to know how I know you're wrong? Half-life 3 isn't at the end of your list. It's a phony!

Also, at the rate people keep referencing the Heat Death of the Universe and everything that comes after, it seems like we miss out on a tonne of cool shit when the universe dies.

Lio Shirazumi but no Shiki..
    Blasphemy