Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Moon Wars 2 - Discussion/Development

Blog Entries
    >Balance issues
    >Ado motherfucking Edem as a Played Character

Pffffffthahahahaha
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

You have ADO FUCKING EDEM as a playable character, and you're worried about balance issues?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    He's a playable character after an entire playthrough, and only if you've busted enough balls to collect dem battle masteries. It's okay for him to be broken. The players deserve it.

If Heracles-as-Berserker is a normal playable (minor unlockable seems best, IMO), then he'll need to be somewhat nerfed. Of course he won't have 100,000 HP like he does as a Boss, that much is a given.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    if you've busted enough balls to collect dem battle masteries.
    Wouldn't just beating the game on hard be enough?
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    It's just standard modus operandi for Super Robot Wars/the original Battle Moon Wars - if you want the good stuffs, ya gottsa works for dem. Like trying to get Mech-Hisui and Sacchin back in BMW1: the player has to jump through a few hoops, but after you unlock them they will serve your party well.

Lily Saber and Magical Amber were also unlockable by collecting all of the Battle Masteries. Is is a pain? Hell yes, but with those two the carnage you reave on the mission field is unparalled.

Replay value~

Although just to whet people's appetities, Ado Edem will be a temp. For the obligatory WTFHAX-party member.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Not to mention the dangers about using him. One attack more than what is safe and he would destroy Gaia and kill everyone. Or something like that. He is our Ideon, after all. Or be responsible of a series of battles, after that chapter, that ends with a game over without a chance of evading it. And losing characters one by one to depress more the player. No, pals, Ado isn't a "you win" button. Not in too many battles, at least.

About Zerker, I remember that we have adjusted him somehow in the old thread. BUt right now I'm not exactly awake enough to try to remember what we said about him. Tomorrow I'll try.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    But if you obtain it as a secret character after hard-earned battle-masteries, he should not have that flaw. I want my Game-breaker, damnit!
    Arthur-san is my waifu

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    So, we're torn between making him a flawed-party character who would cause a bad-end if we use him too much...and on the other hand we have him being post-game as an unlockable.

WAIT - this is exactly like what happens in SRW@3. It's impossible to see the Ideon-ending on the first playthrough, but after that...make sure you don't use the OP Super too much, unless you want everyone to die.

I think a Ado Edem-related Bad End is a good idea because it would be a shout-out to SRW-canon, but...if he truly is a game-breaker...
    Maybe we should flip a coin on this, or come to a compromise. The compromise would be that Ado Edem is an unlockable character (unlocking difficulty: Medium-High), but there's a Bad End associated with using him too much. If you unlock all Battle Masteries, one of the perks is a flawless Ado Edem who won't break the game for you (in the bad way. Aren't you glad you busted your ass for those points now, huh?! >8) ). ADO EDEM MK. II!

I like this. Let's go with it.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; March 28th, 2011 at 12:31 AM.

I had a similar idea. You can unlock your flawed game breaker getting your battle masteries in normal difficult. In hard you obtain the other form of Ado, the MK II, who is flawless. And you can change forms, if you want to see the bad end.

About Zerker, how about giving a damage barrier a la Akiha but weaker? He has monstruous armor, so a barrier would make him almost invulnerable to normal mooks, but the real ones would hit him at full force. A bit like Takumi in the first BMW, but with a stronger barrier. He is motherfucking Heracles, after all.

Spoiler:
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

As for Ado Edem MK II...
    I have an interesting idea:
    ADO FUCKING EDEM RIDING ATOP THE BIG DAMN ORT!!!
    (yes, caps were absolutely required.)

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    FUND IT NOW
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    ADO FUCKING EDEM RIDING ATOP THE BIG DAMN ORT!!!

Arthur-san is my waifu

Nah, it's Gilgamesh the one riding atop Ort. In one of the last chapters, if not the last one. We need our overpowered evil character with his epic mount, after all.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    No way, that'd be too OP. We can use him as the extra final boss once we have Ado Edem Mk.II unlocked, and cue an epic scene where he steals ORT from Gil's dead hands. AND IT EVOLVES INTO ADO EDEM MK III, CRYSTAL KNIGHT!
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Quote Originally Posted by Erlkonig View Post
    No way, that'd be too OP. We can use him as the extra final boss once we have Ado Edem Mk.II unlocked, and cue an epic scene where he steals ORT from Gil's dead hands. AND IT EVOLVES INTO ADO EDEM MK III, CRYSTAL KNIGHT!
    I don't have a reaction image for what I'm feeling about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    After chating a bit, Gil swordspams them, aiming mainly at Arcueid and pincushioning her in the wall, while Saber thanks to her instincts parries the blunt of the attack aiming at the others, and Shirou manages to block the rest with projection. After a fight, with Arc unable to do anything
    But how? it's not possible for him to do that. You do know that 15% Arcueid >= Berserker Heracles in terms of physical strength, right? If GoB was unable to pin down Alexander powered up by Commmand Seals and Heracles, what makes you think he will succeed against Arc? It's just not possible.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    But how? it's not possible for him to do that. You do know that 15% Arcueid >= Berserker Heracles in terms of physical strength, right? If GoB was unable to pin down Alexander powered up by Commmand Seals and Heracles, what makes you think he will succeed against Arc? It's just not possible.
    He's probably thinking that because Gil did pin Arc to the wall in BMW 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Phantas-Moon is pretty squishy in comparison to normal Arc. At least following BMW game mechanics: Lower HP, strength, agility and endurance but greater range and magic.

DArtz, Im going to use the same argument that I used last time, okay?

Because I need freaking Arcueid Brunestud pinned in that freaking wall for her to not kill Gilgamesh. Call it plot hax, if you prefer. or call it continuity, as gil did it in BMW the first time they fought against him. But in my plot, Arcueid, even if its 100% arcueid without bloodthirst (and it isn't), is pinned in that wall thanks to gil's swordspaming.

Or you prefer to have either Gil killing Arcueid for good (as he can, Word of God said it) or Arc, ciel, Saber, HF!Shirou, Rider, HF!Sakura etc etc in Misaki because they can't follow Gil as they kill him there?

Geez, man, she isn't all powerful, and Gil is one of the few characters able to beat her. not to mention that she is lighter than Herc, and when not using her reality marble she isn't all that strong (as she says in the novel, iirc, if she isn't using her powers, she is weaker than Shiki, exactly the same as Saber, by the way)

Spoiler:

Nasu just said that she has awfully bad compatibility against Gilgamesh, because she can only use 15% of her power against an opponent such as him. I guess you might be able to jump from that to "he might be able to win against her". But, don't forget that inside her castle the world doesn't retrict her power, so if she summons the Millenium Castle she would be able to use all 30% (50% or 100%, depending on her bloodlust) of her power regardlass of her opponent, and in that case Gil's advantage would not apply. I am sorry, but Gil (nor any other Servant) can react to an opponent that is two times as powerful as Berserker Heracles. Neither him nor his sword would be able to keep up.

Also, what do you mean by her Reality Marble? Don't you mean Marble Phantasm? She doesn't need to use it. On normal circumstances the world restricts her power but still puts her above her opponent. Seem like you don't understand that the main point of the Counter Force is to destroy any threat with overwhelming power to allow absolute victory. It will obviously be stronger than the target. Inside the castle no one can stand against her (no one who is at least a Servant unit above Herc in terms of physical power), since she will kill her opponent before they realize what hit them.

Also, it doesn't change the fact that against most Servants she is as powerful as Heracles (it doesn't matter if she has a smaller frame, she is still as strong as him in terms of physical power). On normal conditions she is as strong as a Servant (or a True Ancestor, since she isn't even human), she is by no means as strong as a normal human, her basic stats are those of a Servant.