Page 6 of 144 FirstFirst ... 45678111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: What if _________ was _________'s servant?

Blog Entries
    Yeah good point, so how do you think Rin would react to thinking she would get Saber but getting a Hassan instead?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    She'd get angry, of course. She wouldn't tsun because whoever her Hassan is, won't be as cheeky as Archer. She won't patrol the city though. Not in the middle of the night.

She'd lay hidden in the shadows until the combat servants show up, and then she'll have Hassan follow them back to their master and have her/him attack the Master. Then she allies with Shirou to make the plot easier.

Blog Entries
    Lol ikr. Well I'm gonna head off to bed but one more suggestion before I go.

What if Illya summoned, Gilles de Rais.

Blog Entries
    They'd summon lotsa beasties and use them as fodder to make strong combat homunculi. They will then do their best to zerg rush the Servants so they can zerg rush the masters.

Or not.

Don't worry, the liquid is resplendent Incarnite Azurnum's Avatar
    It would be worse. So so much worse. With a proper base of operations, Gilles can just spam midgets until he can drown Fuyuki in a tsunami of tentacles.

The power of having a master with too much mana.

Also my eyes hurt, why do you two have to have the same avatar?

Also Combo Breaker

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    She'd lay hidden in the shadows until the combat servants show up, and then she'll have Hassan follow them back to their master and have her/him attack the Master. Then she allies with Shirou to make the plot easier.
    Honestly, that doesn't sound very Rin-like to me, particularly if the master in question is Shirou or Sakura (who are the only two viable targets, really).

Blog Entries
    Well if Rin were to ever get an Assassin what choice would she have? Assassin really wouldn't have much firepower to go straight on against other Servants.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    Well if Rin were to ever get an Assassin what choice would she have? Assassin really wouldn't have much firepower to go straight on against other Servants.
    Well, there's a reason why the Assassin class is one you have to choose to obtain, and which is almost always taken by villains or people who want to use Assassin to scout rather than fight....

Rin would find it very difficult to kill people in cold blood, and I certainly can't imagine her ordering the death of either Sakura or Shirou.

Blog Entries
    Yeah barring a certain bad end same here, though with all the other classes taken Assassin is probably what she would be stuck with anyway.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah barring a certain bad end same here, though with all the other classes taken Assassin is probably what she would be stuck with anyway.
    Well, I dunno how she'd react, honestly. Besides just dying as a result of Lancer attacking her, anyway....

Also, of course, if Caster steals the gem, then Shirou would die when Lancer stabs him. Plus, Rin summoned before Shirou, so technically she should get a Saber-class in that case, rather than being forced into the Assassin class.

I dunno what the Grail would do there. Possibly it would just cheat and force some other servant into the Assassin class rather than giving Rin/Shirou an Assassin when they didn't specifically ask for one....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides just dying as a result of Lancer attacking her, anyway....
    Which (rather unwarrantedly) supposes Rin would be so stupid as to compromise her Presence Severed Servant by going along on its scouting mission.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Which (rather unwarrantedly) supposes Rin would be so stupid as to compromise her Presence Severed Servant by going along on its scouting mission.
    Well, perhaps, but if that doesn't happen, then the entirety of FSN changes totally anyway....

Also, I'd have thought she would want to scout, so she could see what was going on for herself. Whether she'd let her servant be detected is another matter, however....

Plus, for Rin, having an Assassin-class servant is a disaster. She's a known participant (as the Tohsaka head), so she can't claim not to be involved, and she doesn't seem to be able to use her house's defenses to their full capacity. Plus, Lancer was ordered to fight every servant, which includes her servant....
    Last edited by Mike1984; September 11th, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    Though with Rin as his Servant, perhaps the Hassan would be at least a bit better then it was under Zouken? (Though likely it would be a different Hassan altogether considering she has different goals then Zouken does.)

Blog Entries
    Will Rin order Sakura's death in cold blood? No. At least, not without a potential benefit (saving the people of Fuyuki City and maybe the world from the Shadow and the counter force) and someone she trusts giving his approval of the deed (like Shirou). Would she ally with Sakura, if she gets an Assassin? It'd be hard.

Anyway, what if (Almost) Everyone was Shirou's Servant?

Blog Entries
    It's dead?
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Shirou summons the incarnation of Alaya, Rin the incarnation of Gaia, and Sakura the incarnation of Anti-Thesis.
    End of an Empire

"I think you just failed... quite spectacularly if I say so my self. Idiot." -I forget who said it originally.

Badass Side-Step

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Though with Rin as his Servant, perhaps the Hassan would be at least a bit better then it was under Zouken? (Though likely it would be a different Hassan altogether considering she has different goals then Zouken does.)
    Yeah, but he's still going to be utterly useless against other servants. That's kind-of part of the class definition.

Also, I'm not sure there are any Hassans that would share Rin's goal or personality. They're all Lawful Evil, remember....

Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    Will Rin order Sakura's death in cold blood? No. At least, not without a potential benefit (saving the people of Fuyuki City and maybe the world from the Shadow and the counter force) and someone she trusts giving his approval of the deed (like Shirou).
    Exactly. She will do it in some circumstances, but not solely for personal gain.

Would she ally with Sakura, if she gets an Assassin? It'd be hard.
    Well, honestly, it'd be difficult for her to get Sakura's support and, besides, if she has an Assassin-class servant then anyone she allies with she basically has to kill if she wants to win.

So, most likely, Rin with Assassin would flail around trying to solo the Grail War without actually killing anyone she likes....

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Yeah, but he's still going to be utterly useless against other servants. That's kind-of part of the class definition.

Also, I'm not sure there are any Hassans that would share Rin's goal or personality. They're all Lawful Evil, remember....

Given that Anti-Heroes were ineligible for summoning when the war was created, there must be some that are lawful. Otherwise, you could always fudge it and have her use a Catalyst to overwhelm the 'all Assassins are Hassan' clause.

Well, honestly, it'd be difficult for her to get Sakura's support and, besides, if she has an Assassin-class servant then anyone she allies with she basically has to kill if she wants to win.

So, most likely, Rin with Assassin would flail around trying to solo the Grail War without actually killing anyone she likes....
    Or, she could still form an alliance with Shirou, like she does in canon, given that he has zero interest in actually winning

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Given that Anti-Heroes were ineligible for summoning when the war was created, there must be some that are lawful. Otherwise, you could always fudge it and have her use a Catalyst to overwhelm the 'all Assassins are Hassan' clause.
    I think Hassans were always exempt from the whole "no anti-heroes" thing, because by their very definition they're all anti-heroes....

Or, she could still form an alliance with Shirou, like she does in canon, given that he has zero interest in actually winning
    That's not true, though.

Rin quite explicitly does want to win, because she sees it as her "duty" to do so. She's not overly bothered about it, so that goal tends to fall away pretty fast as soon as she finds anything else (such as not dying), but she doesn't tend to consciously abandon it until fairly late into the route (if ever).

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Re-read my post

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    given that he has zero interest in actually winning
    I'm saying that Rin would be quite happy to ally with Shirou, because he doesn't care about the grail, not that she doesn't. Shirou will happily surrender to her once it's down to just the two of them. Not that Saber would be very happy about it.