Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/EMIYA

>Avenger possessed Ayako

That could be interesting, but that won't be the case here.

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
    I will want that!
    Would you like to change your counterdare to this?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    Would you like to change your counterdare to this?
    Nah, I prefer my original dare (unless if your having a hard time with it?) though a AM Ayako is still tempting.

Teasing the Penguin God!

It's Saturday. As classes ended, I got up and prepared to help Issei with the work that needed to be done before Monday. It was still early, and the sun was high in the sky. Right now, not a single cloud was in the sky, but the forecast I read during breakfast today predicted a cloudy evening. Worse, there could be storms coming later tonight.

On my way out of the classroom door, I nearly bumped into the man I was going to see. After taking a step back to avoid colliding with me, Ryuudou Issei brushed off his tan uniform jacket and smiled at me past the glasses perched on his nose.

"Emiya, just the man I was going to see," he said as he brushed a hand through his dark hair.

I leaned against a desk and placed my bag down in the aisle below. "What do you need Issei?" I said. "If you're coming straight to me, there must be a lot of work to do. Don't tell me that air conditioning unit on the roof broke again."

Issei waved me down and said, "No, nothing like that. In truth, I'm here to tell you that the work has been called off. Allow me to ex-"

Before he could finish, a brown haired girl jogged up to his side. "Ryuudou-san," she said, "I just called talked to Kuzuki-sensei on the phone. It seems that he won't be coming in for a while."

Issei pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. "Very well, it's as I thought. Thank you very much. You didn't need to do that for me."

I smiled at the girl and said, "Saegusa-san, what brings you to the rescue of the student council?"

She turned and smiled at me with closed eyes. "Issei-san asked me, Emiya-kun! I couldn't possibly refuse."

She ran off then, leaving the two of us smiling in the classroom doorway. Saegusa Yukika was the manager of the track team, and an all around wonderful girl. Though she has club responsibilities, she'll basically help out anyone. I've worked with her on late nights sometimes. She's an eager girl.

"Anyway Issei, you were saying?" I asked.

Issei shrugged and looked at me with an expression that spoke of fraying patience. "As you heard, Kuzuki-sensei is absent today, and he won't be coming in to help us out. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but he never told me what we were supposed to be doing today."

I bit my lip as I thought, and then said, "Anything else I can help you with? Surely the student council has other work to do?"

"There's no heavy lifting to be done," he said, "All that's left is paperwork, and you can't exactly help me with that."

I rubbed the back of my head and said, "I guess I'm unemployed for the day."

Issei adjusted his glasses and asked, "Could you not go to your part time job?"

"No," I replied, "It's closed today. I finished preparations for the next week yesterday."

A small grin crossed Issei's face. "It seems it's your lucky day Emiya. Enjoy your afternoon. I have a lot of club forms to review."

With a wave, he went down the hall, returning in solitude to the student council room. I watched him until he disappeared from sight, and then made my way to the stairway within the mass of students that were preparing to either leave campus or go to their afternoon clubs. As I reached the first floor, where the first year classrooms were, I encountered a familiar face.

"Hey Sakura," I said to the purple haired girl. Immediately her face brightened and a wide smile appeared. She suddenly seemed filled with energy and there was a gleam in her dark eyes.

"Senpai!" she said, "Are you going home?"

I shrugged. "Yeah, I guess. The student council is out of work for me, so there's nothing else for me to do."

Then her face became even more excited, something I didn't think was possible. "Then you should come to the Archery Club and watch us practice! I'm sure Fujimura-sensei and my brother would be pleased."

I got the feeling she wanted to ask me to watch her practice for a while. I returned her smile and said, "Sure Sakura. I haven't watched the club in a long time."

"I'm glad," she said with a giggle. "I'll meet you there."

She quickly ran from the hall, dodging a few of my classmates as she ran to the Archery dojo near the school gate. I slowly followed, chatting with a few of my classmates that didn't have afternoon clubs. As we reached the yard, I bid them goodbye and made my way towards the dojo. I crossed the open expanse slowly, taking in the sun. The other students did the same, talking and laughing in pairs as they walked.

I reached the dojo after a group of first years that I didn't know, but before I entered, something near the gate caught my eye. Matou Shinji, a good friend of mine, was in a heated conversation with a feminine figure. That Shinji, I thought. It's true that Shinji is a narcissist with a massive ego, but I can't help but think there is a good guy hidden somewhere inside of him. I looked past him, trying to get a clear view of the woman, and my breath caught in my throat.

Across from Shinji, with a frown on her normally stoic face, stood Tohsaka Rin, the resident "Ms. Perfect" of Homurahara High School. She was a girl that the majority of the school looked up to, and most guys tended to give her space. Right now, Shinji was on the receiving end of one of her legendary dressing downs. I actually felt sorry for him as I saw him recoil back. Sweat was pouring down his face and it looked like his ego might have taken a massive hit. He turned with a scowl and said his last words to Tohsaka before marching towards me. The entire time, she didn't move a step, and only relaxed once Shinji had wordlessly passed me to enter the dojo.

I didn't really know what to think. Shinji would definitely be irritable for a while, and it was probably a good thing I was coming to watch today. If he got angry and caused a scene, it would be trouble. I looked back at the gate, realizing with a bit of embarrassment that it was to catch a glimpse of Tohsaka before she left. I recoiled when our eyes locked. She hadn't turned to walk away, and for a moment we stared at each other. Her gaze wasn't filled with malice or anything really. Her face was calm and even. It was the face of the Tohsaka Rin that I admired. Right before she left, a small smile crossed her face, and suddenly a thin, but strong arm wrapped around my neck, dragging me to the right.

"Hey Emiya," said a familiar voice, "What are you doing?"

I gently pried the arm off and turned to face my 'attacker'. "Nothing really, Mitsuzuri," I said. She smiled at me with her trademark grin and I couldn't help but return it.

Then her eyes thinned and she leaned in close, whispering like a secret agent out of a movie. "Are you sure you weren't staring at Tohsaka? Do you have a crush on her? Wouldn't that be scandalous?"

I felt my ears turn a little red and looked at the ground as I said, "Do you have to tease me Mitsuzuri? It's not fair when I can't give you anything back."

She put her hands on her hips and leaned forward. "What makes you think that you can't tease me back? It's not like I'm some anime tsundere, Emiya. I can take it just as well as I can dish it out."

"But how am I supposed to tease you? There's no way I can fluster you without making you angry."

She smiled and moved past me to the dojo door. "I guess you just aren't up to par Emiya."

"I guess I could touch on the difference in our archery skills, or your occasional bad joke."

Her eyes closed in a mask of false anger, and she said, "Now now, Emiya. Don't make me challenge you to another match."

She opened the door and turned to close it after she entered, but was surprised when I followed her through. That was a good look on her face. I flustered her without even trying, but her mask-like smile quickly returned.

"Oh, I may have been wrong Emiya. Maybe you came to see your precious underclassman, Sakura."

Now I could get her, I thought. With ease that came from years of verbal sparring, I said, "Mitsuzuri, what makes you think I didn't come here to watch you? I can't have the club run by someone who can't teach."

If that got her, I couldn't tell, because she laughed gently. It seemed like that was the ending buzzer for our match, and when she spoke again her voice didn't have the same tone as before. "I'm glad you came, Emiya. It's been a long time since you attended. Did you tell Sakura and Fujimura-sensei?"

I nodded and said, "Sakura convinced me to come in the first place. I don't think Fuji-nee knows yet. She will probably be mad that I didn't tell her."

Mitsuzuri laughed and together we walked into the dojo proper. There we found Fuji-nee trying to balance an unstrung bow on her forehead, only for it to fall to the ground with a clatter. I winced. Most of our bows were wood, and if they broke, it would cost a lot to replace. Our club didn't exactly have good funding, so we needed to be careful. I generally fixed up the dojo every once in a while. We watched Fuji-nee for a bit, and then Mitsuzuri whispered to me that she was going to change, and disappeared to the dressing room. Shinji was at the far end of the range, sulking even though he was surrounded by a mass of attractive first-year girls. Tohsaka must have been really cruel to him.

"Shirou!" cheered Fuji-nee. The hyperactive teacher-advisor to the Archery club charged towards me with a smile on her face. "You should have told me you were coming! I would have made you cook!"

"I actually found out a few minutes ago that I wouldn't be able to work. Sakura convinced me to come and watch."

Fuji-nee puffed out her cheeks and said, "Next time cook as a precaution! That way you can be prepared."

I smiled and waved her off before taking a seat near the range to watch. After a moment, Mitsuzuri came by all geared up, holding her bow in her right hand. "Emiya," she said, "Feel free to give instruction to the underclassmen. Heck, give instruction to anyone. You're a better archer than anyone here."

"I couldn't impose like that Mitsuzuri," I replied. "I'm not even in the club anymore."

Her face fell a bit, almost out of disappointment. "Yeah, but we wish you were. Even I'll admit you are the best, Emiya."

I leaned back in the chair. "Mitsuzuri, you know I was never good at instruction anyway. The techniques I used and the ones you teach now are incompatible," I said in a neutral tone.

"I suppose you're right," she replied. "Still, I'm glad you came. Enjoy!"

The last word was extended with a load of faked cuteness, and came with an over-exaggerated wink. Then she moved to her spot on the range and began to practice. I watched the club for a while. Fuji-nee naturally fooled around, leaving the majority of the work to Mitsuzuri and the senior members of the club. My eyes slowly passed over the first years. Many of them had just barely learned to use their bows and their movements were slow and awkward. One boy in front of me struggled with his draw. Quietly, I stood and adjusted his arms.

"It's just a single motion," I said. "Breathe deeply, pull back and shoot."

He tugged on the string, but even with the effort he gave, he couldn't pull it back. He turned his sweaty face to me with a look of frustration and helplessness.

"Don't worry about it," I said. "Everyone gets it in time. You just need to work on your upper body strength."

The boy nodded and thanked me, and I stepped back. From across the dojo, I caught Mitsuzuri staring at me with a small smile on her face. I just couldn't help it. When somebody right in front of me needed instruction, I sprang into action without even thinking. This would certainly have consequences. Mitsuzuri would probably try and harass me into rejoining the club.

"Shirou! I'm going out for a bit!" said Fuji-nee. The hyperactive teacher quickly left the dojo. She probably had papers that she hadn't yet graded. It was only when she was halfway out the door that I noticed in annoyance how she had told me instead of any member of the club. Was she in on Mitsuzuri's schemes as well?

Fuji-nee had only been gone for a few minutes when trouble began to brew. Shinji, having sulked all practice, finally blew up in the face of a first year that dropped his bow on the ground. The relative silence of the dojo was shattered as he screamed in the boy's face. "Hey moron! You should be more careful next time! Do you know how much bows cost? Did you even buy that one yourself? I swear, all you upstart fucks have no clue what you're doing!"

I was on my feet and ready to intervene but Mitsuzuri was there first. "Matou," she said. "I don't recall you being in charge of this club. Leave any reprimands to me."

The blue haired boy pinched his nose and groaned. "Just what I needed, you butting into my business. Get out of my way so I can teach that boy a lesson!"

I gritted my teeth as I helped the first year to his feet. He seemed pretty frightened, so I thumped his back and gave him a small smirk. Then I stepped past him, almost side by side with Mitsuzuri.

She scowled at Shinji, and her eyebrows were contracted angrily. She looked about ready to slap him, and I feared for Shinji if she decided to. "Listen Matou, you have no right to threaten an underclassman, no matter how badly he screws up. It was an accident anyway, so you can leave him alone."

Shinji bared his teeth and looked past Mitsuzuri at me. "Emiya, are you going to let this stand? I thought you were better than this."

I shook my head and said with an even tone, "Sorry Shinji. Mitsuzuri's right. You're about to cross a line."

Shinji snapped. "Fuck both of you! This is pathe-" His voice was cut off as Mitsuzuri's open palm slapped across his right cheek, and he stumbled back clutching his face. I tensed. I didn't know if he would try to hit Mitsuzuri back, but I certainly wasn't going to let him. On second thought, I was more afraid of Mitsuzuri continuing to hit him. I gently put a hand on her shoulder and her head whipped towards me. After a split second, the aggression on her face disappeared and she quietly exhaled. I nodded silently to her, but when I turned back to Shinji, my eyes had turned back to steel.

"Fuck this, I'm out of here," said Shinji. He moved to leave the dojo, and shouted back, "Hey Captain, don't think for a second I'll forget this!" With that, he stormed out, slamming the sliding door behind him as he went, and leaving a trail of frightened first year girls behind.

The dojo was silent for a few minutes before Mitsuzuri said, "Alright everybody, back to practice. That's practically normal for him." She quickly turned to the boy that Shinji had shouted at and said, "Don't trouble yourself. He's just bitter 'cause he got rejected by a girl he liked."

"T-thanks Captain," muttered the boy with a bow. "I really appreciate it."

I patted him on the back and said, "The Captain is like a big sister. She'll stand up to troublesome people for you."

With a nod, the boy returned to shooting, and I made to go back to my seat at the other end of the dojo when a hand gripped my elbow like a vice and I was dragged backwards towards the exit. I spun on my heel as Mitsuzuri let go of my arm. We left the dojo and stood in the shade of the building, quietly breathing in the warm afternoon air.

"I appreciate it Emiya," she said. She was leaning against the wall, staring up at the sky with crossed arms and an expression that was just barely hiding her agitation.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

She closed her eyes and breathed in quickly through her nose with a satisfied look on her face. "You backed me up. I can't say I didn't expect you to, but you certainly weren't obligated to help me out."

"Shinji was out of line," I said matter-of-factly. "Even if you had ignored him, I would have said something."

"Still, with just me against him it would have been more trouble. I owe you."

"Not at all," I said, "Just glad to help."

She hit my arm playfully and then said with an oddly serious expression, "No, really. Let me treat you to dinner or something. Besides, we haven't really spent time together in years."

I was taken aback. Yeah, Mitsuzuri and I were friends, but it was true that we hadn't actually hung out in a year or two. I'll admit that it was mainly due to me feeling awkward around her after leaving the club. After a moment, I nodded. "Sure. Is right after practice ok?"

"Yeah," said Mitsuzuri as she moved past me to reenter the dojo. "Come on, we've been gone too long."

Practice continued, and as the day winded down I told Sakura my plans for the evening. She assured me that she would take care of the dinner for the evening. Fuji-nee wasn't exactly happy, but at least she would have Sakura to cook for her. As the sun began to go down, the club members left, and only Mitsuzuri and I remained to clean up.

She groaned as she reached down to pick up a bow and said, "They should be more careful with their equipment," as she unstrung it. She silently put it on the bow rack at the back of the dojo and went to get changed. After a moment she returned in her school clothes, bag slung across her shoulder.

"Ready?" she asked, and I nodded. The two of us left the school as the sun fell low in the sky. In an hour it would be dark. The walk to the restaurant was quiet. Neither of us spoke a word. I suppose that Mitsuzuri was taking in the scenery, but I was apprehensive. This was the first time I had gone out to eat with a female classmate alone in a long time. If anyone saw us, there could be massive misunderstandings.

"What's the matter Emiya?" asked Mitsuzuri as we arrived at the restaurant. It was a small establishment that served a variety of Japanese foods. I doubted that it was very cheap. Mitsuzuri must have been serious.

"Nothing," I said hurriedly as I opened the door for her. "Have you been here before?"

As we were led to a table, Mitsuzuri said, "Yeah. They always have something good here, but for a master cook like you it may be a bit disappointing. Go ahead though, eat whatever you want. I'm buying."

"I'm still not really ok with that Mitsuzuri," I said. "I didn't do anything. I can't accept a free meal."

She frowned and chewed on the end of one of the chopsticks that was placed on the table. While looking away from me she said, "Emiya, can't you be a little more thoughtful and accept a gift when it's given?"

Oh crap, I must have made her mad. Worse, I might have actually hurt her feelings. Quickly, I said, "Ok, Mitsuzuri. I'll accept." I smiled at her to show I was serious. She seemed to accept that, and I was put at ease.

We chatted pleasantly until our food arrived. I had ordered a beef bowl and quickly dug in once it was placed in front of me. Mitsuzuri ordered fried noodles for herself and gently breathed in the scent before she began to eat. After a moment, she looked at me through the steam rising from her plate and asked a particularly embarrassing question.

"So, have you and Sakura hit second base yet?" she said with thin eyes and an even thinner smile.

I nearly sprayed the table with the contents of my mouth and sputtered a bit as I tried to get the food down without choking. My face was probably turning red, and Mitsuzuri was eating it up. The gleam in her eyes was frightening. As I began to calm down, she said with a bit of a mocking tone, "Easy there, champ. I thought I was going to have to resuscitate you."

Food cleared from my throat, I breathed in deeply and said, "Mitsuzuri, you shouldn't joke about that. Sakura's my underclassman. I couldn't take advantage of her like that."

Mitsuzuri rested her forehead in her palm, as if there was something she knew and I didn't. When she looked back at me, she was back to wearing that mischievous look. "Oh. If it isn't Sakura, who is it? Maybe you have your eyes set on someone out of your reach? Tohsaka-san maybe?"

My face flushed. Steam was probably rising from my ears. Was I so obvious in my admiration for Tohsaka?

She continued, "Oh, maybe I hit home there!" She giggled and then said, "Or maybe you have a different objective? Could it be Taiga? Do you have a preference for older women?"

"No," I said immediately, "Taiga's like a mother to me, well more like a big sister, well. . ."

I trailed off as I realized that Taiga is really more like a child that I needed to take care of. "Anyways, Mitsuzuri, you're wrong. I'm not attracted to Taiga, and I don't have a particular preference for older women. Why are you so interested in my love life anyway?"

She entwined her fingers like an overacting villain in a movie and said, "I need to watch out for you, Emiya. I don't want you to be careless and end up alone. Sometime, you should hit the town with me."

"Why would that make a difference?" I asked her.

She shook her head as if she was dealing with a child. "Emiya, Emiya, Emiya," she repeated slowly. "You don't understand girls at all! When a guy is out alone or with a group of his friends, the girls around automatically think they're there to pick them up! Now, if you went out with me, they'd feel secure. Some might even think you're more desirable. Women are like that."

"Mitsuzuri," I said through rising uneasiness, "what are you saying?"

She leaned over the table and patted my shoulder. "Emiya, I'm saying I could be your wingman. Your success rate would skyrocket."

"I don't think that's necessary, Mitsuzuri," I replied. "I'm happy you offered, but I'm not exactly looking to pick up women on my weekends anyway."

"Fine," she said, looking a little disappointed, "suit yourself."

Our dinner continued with little conversation, and when the check came I allowed Mitsuzuri to pay it. She seemed relieved that I didn't protest, and we left the restaurant together.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" I asked her, "its dark out."

She smiled as she looked down at her feet. It was different than her usual. This smile was soft and unusually feminine for her and it appealed to me in a way I couldn't really recognize. "It's ok Emiya. I'll be fine. I'm glad you asked though."

"If you need anything, you know I can help you," I said.

She cocked her head at me. "Where's this coming from?" She grinned playfully and punched my shoulder hard enough for it to hurt. "We're bros; we always look out for each other. See you around!"

With that she turned and ran down the street, clutching her bag with her right arm. Then I suddenly realized the lack of weight on my back. Damn, I must have left my bag at school. Quickly, I began jogging. I might need to jump the fence if it was locked. As I ran, I began to feel lightheaded. Something was moving inside of me, and I began to hear voices whispering through the air, but comprehension was beyond me. The world began fading away, colors gradually became lighter, then. . .

. . . I awoke.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    You do realize now that you'll have to show us the entire Holy Grail War in this route, right. :3
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

It's all part of the plan my friend.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Did... did Ayako just steal the spotlight of this story through her awesome broness, all the way from a flashback dream?

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Indeed, Ayako is a magnificent bro.

Completed my timeline/outline for the Grail War today. This will be interesting, to say the least.

Blog Entries
    It's going to be good to see what happens.
    [rubytest=永遠の旅人]Infinite Wanderer[/rubytest]

Is it bad that I came to read about Shirou becoming Garcher and now I just wanna read about Shirou and Ayako being bros.

Damnit Augustine! *Shakes fist angrily*
    All Nasuverse women hold my heart, I do however go through phases.

Entering the Jeanne phase

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherEMIYA View Post
    Is it bad that I came to read about Shirou becoming Garcher and now I just wanna read about Shirou and Ayako being bros.

Damnit Augustine! *Shakes fist angrily*
    It's not bad, considering that's what I find myself wanting to write. I'm desperately searching for a way to give this story anything but a downer ending, considering what happens.

Blog Entries
    I am entirely alright with fated-to-be-Archer-EMIYA-Shirou and Ayako being bros. And more. :3

Though, considering what we know of EMIYA's background...this may mean bad news for Ayako. D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustine View Post
    She leaned over the table and patted my shoulder. "Emiya, I'm saying I could be your wingman. Your success rate would skyrocket."
    This plan would be doomed to fail from the beginning. Because BAR. Sure, she's going to fall eventually but this would lead to it being much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    I am entirely alright with fated-to-be-Archer-EMIYA-Shirou and Ayako being bros. And more. :3

Though, considering what we know of EMIYA's background...this may mean bad news for Ayako. D:
    Is it really bad news for Ayako? I can't see her as someone waiting patiently for him to come back home.

... and we already know that Archer had a lover but she left him.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Junky View Post
    Is it really bad news for Ayako? I can't see her as someone waiting patiently for him to come back home.... and we already know that Archer had a lover but she left him.
    That was likely Archer pulling off a zero approval gambit. Shirou has no sense of self, so he doesn't care what happens to him; other people do care. He needs to piss every one of them off so badly they come to hate him for it and then Shirou can go to die happily, knowing that he saved the others from himself.Ayako would likely leave Shirou if he pulled off a convincing enough lie about sleeping with someone else.May sound weird but that's the understanding I have of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Alter View Post
    This plan would be doomed to fail from the beginning. Because BAR. Sure, she's going to fall eventually but this would lead to it being much quicker.
    BAR?

Blog Entries
    The reason that Hollow Ataraxia Shirou gets lucky with Sakura, Rin, Rider, Saber and Caren. Not too aware of all the fandom jokes myself, but I think it's a jump he just can't make, but continues to try at anyway.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, no, not really. It's the reason Shirou gets lucky with Sakura and Rin, but none of the other characters actually saw him attempting to jump the BAR. And it's got nothing whatsoever to do with Hollow Ataraxia. It's mainly mentioned in HF (although it's alluded to in UBW too).

It got turned into a meme to match Shiki's "gland", and now it's used to apply to any girl who falls for Shirou.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Well, no, not really. It's the reason Shirou gets lucky with Sakura and Rin, but none of the other characters actually saw him attempting to jump the BAR. And it's got nothing whatsoever to do with Hollow Ataraxia. It's mainly mentioned in HF (although it's alluded to in UBW too).It got turned into a meme to match Shiki's "gland", and now it's used to apply to any girl who falls for Shirou.
    I was not aware of that.