Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Vestigial Mercies [young Kirei in Shirou's place]

I live in the fiery depths of an Octopus's garden in the SHADE!
    Every night I will sleep peacefully at the thought of Shinji gagging on the reality that the hyper-religious school girl he was failing to hit on was actually Kirei. Trolling him.

Such glorious radiance... I am unworthy, my Lord. Zalgo, in this fic, you are the Shepard of my eyes.

...Now that I read what I just wrote, that comes off as being very creepy.
    A profound assessment of fanfiction, in general.

Apparently, I'm okay at writing quests. Neat.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kirei is so moe~
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Blog Entries
    The latest chapter is Brilliant. I'm looking forward to more
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

US Friend Code
    Awesome stuff, Zalgo, that internet posing and the Mapo tofu question were the best parts.
    何処に行くの

I am greatly amused by this piece of work. It is a rather original way to present the deliciousness of Kirei's trolling skills.

Basically, this is awesome.

... That... was interesting.

I really find myself wondering why Kirei did that.

Trolling and all set aside, the best explanation I can think of, is that he's trying to avoid the temptation of misusing a potent magical artifact, like he knows he probably would.

That's a big temptation after all, and it's not like Kirei has the greatest track record for avoiding that sort of thing.

Blog Entries
    This is epic.

Epic.

It makes me want to read fanfics again.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I hope you keep adding more. I don't know how Kotomine is actually going to stick with his goal of just helping Rin, although it might turn into him helping her win the Grail only to summon Angra Mainyu. But having him legitimately trying to help would be a nice change too.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, instead of trolling all the time.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Mac, You think thats his goal?

I very, very much doubt it.

At best, he knows something is wrong with the grail from having been exposed to it last war, and he wants to see the misery on her face when she finally attains it. At worst... well pretty much the same thing, only he kills sakura in front of her just before, as well.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardOne View Post
    Mac, You think thats his goal?

I very, very much doubt it.

At best, he knows something is wrong with the grail from having been exposed to it last war, and he wants to see the misery on her face when she finally attains it. At worst... well pretty much the same thing, only he kills sakura in front of her just before, as well.
    Nah, I don't think that's why he did it. Maybe he just legitimately wants her to win?

But I could see him learning about AM as the war continues, and then deciding to help Rin win (without really letting her know the truth) so AM gets unleashed. That's only a potential way it could go. I like him just being Rin's partner and trolling Shinji and stuff though.

Then again, who was it that tells everyone about AM in the first place in FSN? It's Kotomine. Not sure how they'll learn without him in his traditional role. Maybe Ilya or Zouken.
    Last edited by mAc Chaos; July 17th, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

I come back to my forum hiatus, and what do I find?
    Zalgo, you brilliant motherfucker.

I'm subscribing to this NOW.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Nah, I don't think that's why he did it. Maybe he just legitimately wants her to win?
    And perhaps pigs are known for breaking the land speed record.

I think this is pretty unlikely. Kirei is E.V.I.L. (Extremely, Violently, Insanely Loathsome)

You literally cannot describe to me, someone who is more evil than kirei. He's so incredibly evil. The only emotions he feels are pleasure when other suffer.

And this Kirei is VERY similar to canon. The scene with his father dying is almost identical to when main timeline kire's wife died. He'd rather have killed them himself.

So he's a person well known for their psychosis and their evil. He often uses machiavellian schemes to cause maximum suffering. His smile is fake, he doesnt feel happiness except when causing suffering, and even WORSE, he's ALREADY been explosed to angray Mainyuu in this timeline.

I cannot in any possible way even begin to fathom that this kirei has good intentions.

I live in the fiery depths of an Octopus's garden in the SHADE!
    And perhaps pigs are known for breaking the land speed record.

I think this is pretty unlikely. Kirei is E.V.I.L. (Extremely, Violently, Insanely Loathsome)

You literally cannot describe to me, someone who is more evil than kirei.
    ...Johan Liebert.
    A profound assessment of fanfiction, in general.

Apparently, I'm okay at writing quests. Neat.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Pretty evil.

But he loves, in some way, his sister, and he's kind to children with no ulterior motivation like kirei, who was kind to children only so far as they had a use for him, like mutilating their bodies and exposing their nerves to air as prana battery.

Kirei has literally ZERO redeeming qualities, he's so evil he's almost a charicature. He loves no one, he cares for no one, he doesnt even feel those emotions. He's not even a sociopath, so he can't use that as an excuse. He feels happiness and such. He has emotions, he's just incapable of feeling them unless he's causing someone extreme suffering.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kirei has literally ZERO redeeming qualities, he's so evil he's almost a charicature. He loves no one, he cares for no one, he doesnt even feel those emotions. He's not even a sociopath, so he can't use that as an excuse. He feels happiness and such. He has emotions, he's just incapable of feeling them unless he's causing someone extreme suffering.
    I don't know. He'd need a real nice Snidely Whiplash mustache and cape to become a characture. As is I think he's much more of a Magnificent Bastard. The Kind who you hate, but are still impressed by. I always think of Shinji as being much lower on the Totem Pole. At least Kirei is a major villian, Shinji reminds me more of the head Mook, who exists only to get offed halfway through the story for a nice mid-tale action scene.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But the Kirei in this seems to hold his own nature in great distaste. To the point of causing himself physical harm when he gets lost in his own desires.
    LIKE A KING

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Alulim View Post
    But the Kirei in this seems to hold his own nature in great distaste. To the point of causing himself physical harm when he gets lost in his own desires.
    Yeah, Original kirei hated his own nature as well. It didn't stop him being a murderous evil psychopath though.

He's been told his entire life, and educated by scripture and pious people that to enjoy the suffering of others is evil. Thats what makes it so much worse. He was raised and lived in an environment where the blacks, whites, and greys of morality are blatantly clear. However, even though other people have told him he shouldn't enjoy it, he still loves it. He loves to cause pain, suffering. He wants to murder his family.

His response to his wife committing suicide to try and bring forth any spark of compassion or goodwill is to think 'I wish I was the one who had killed her.'

He's completely unremittantly EVIL.

Eventually, gilgamesh managed to convince him that, well, who cares what you were told. Enjoy what you want to enjoy. And then, all the gloves were off.

@Mattias: I love kirei myself. He's so unambiguously evil from our omniscient perspective, that he's the character you love to hate, and hate to love. He's awesome. Magnificent bastard indeed. He's not satisfied with being stupidly evil though, he's evil with a goal, and his goal is nothing more than his own pleasure.

Its like, most evil characters have some background, some reason for being the way they are. Something that makes them less than complete monsters. Evil, but vaguely sympathetic. Almost all of them.

Johan was horribly abused, the anti-spirals want to stop the end of the universe, Hitler thought he was improving the human race. They all have their reasons for being monsters.

Kirei just WANTS to be EVIL. THATS IT. Thats the sum total of his goals and his ambitions. Just pure black. And its wonderful.

However, it really doesnt lend itself to Altruisim. Thats why i can't believe that Kirei just wants to help Rin win. He has a goal. Somehow, promising to not win the grail for himself is going to cause the maximum amount of suffering. Thats just how Kirei works.
    Last edited by WizardOne; July 18th, 2012 at 08:58 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, Original kirei hated his own nature as well. It didn't stop him being a murderous evil psychopath though.
    It didn't stop him ending up as a murderous evil psychopath.
    LIKE A KING

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    In case you forgot, that was the whole basis of Kirei's tragedy: He was born incapable of enjoying anything else but suffering. He couldn't wrap his mind around why would God allow such a being in His domain.
    In a sense, early Kirei's complex because he was both Evil and Good at the same time: His nature was Evil, but he fought against his nature.

Then Gil happened.
    Of course, even then, his bringing forth of AM was born from his desire to see if God would allow a being even more Evil than him to exist.