Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 914171819

Thread: A New Age

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    ... You went and necro'd it, good job. >.<

Also Ado Edem is likley not an HS at all, there's probably not enough people to know of him for him to even become an HS.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the World does the recording of an HS then into the Throne; Gaia is dead during Ado Edem's time.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There would also need to be a catalyst to summon him. A copy of Notes is not good enough, I'm afraid.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    There would also need to be a catalyst to summon him. A copy of Notes is not good enough, I'm afraid.
    Meta-catalyst? :3
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

You can have him as a counter guardian(maybe he make a wish to Alaya after he is imprisoned) and then he is summoned just by chance

But he would be just broken...

Blog Entries
    Ado Edem ain't that broken, definitely not compared to actual Heroic Spirits. Even in the world of Notes, IIRC he's not considered all that amazing until the whole TYPE thing happens.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Ado Edem ain't that broken, definitely not compared to actual Heroic Spirits. Even in the world of Notes, IIRC he's not considered all that amazing until the whole TYPE thing happens.
    Because Slash Emperor have a massive drawback(the whole eating/consuming/destroying the remains of Gaia thing) he never used it until the TYPES come out.
    And the guy survived a explosion that destroyed a continent(IIRC) this is some serious endurance(I mean, Excalibur can't destroy a city, let a alone a continent).

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Why Ado Edem and not Gun God? He seems like he would be much better suited to the time period anyways.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Erl where are yooouuuu

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Because Slash Emperor have a massive drawback(the whole eating/consuming/destroying the remains of Gaia thing) he never used it until the TYPES come out.
    And the guy survived a explosion that destroyed a continent(IIRC) this is some serious endurance(I mean, Excalibur can't destroy a city, let a alone a continent).
    Just gonna say this, the size of an attack does not always indicate strength, a condensed strike will almost always have more power then something over a wide area even though it might do less damage overall. So yes it was a massive explosion that took out a continent (to what degree we don't know, like was a crater left or was it just burnt to a crisp) but a strike of massive amounts of condensed energy turned into light could still kill him potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    Just gonna say this, the size of an attack does not always indicate strength, a condensed strike will almost always have more power then something over a wide area even though it might do less damage overall. So yes it was a massive explosion that took out a continent (to what degree we don't know, like was a crater left or was it just burnt to a crisp) but a strike of massive amounts of condensed energy turned into light could still kill him potentially.
    Sure, size of the attack != power, but you still can't compare Excalibur to the self-destruction of an Aristotles. TYPEs are the ultimate lifeforms, the fact that Ado even survived the Aristotle's whole energy going out of control and exploding, from the distance where he slashed with Slash Emperor, is ludicrous. Besides, even if Ado's size is minuscule compared to the size of the explosion, from the distance he was in, probably 10 to 20% of the blast would be directly affecting him, and all the other discharges would also affect him indirectly due to the relatively small distance from ground zero of the explosion.

No, he is broken. Not being considered amazing because you weren't able to show off your hax power yet does not make you non-broken. Being able to own two TYPEs is definitely broken no matter how you look at it.

Slash Emperor's consumption is relative to how much mass it needs to expand. It's completely possible that he used it before, it's just that, you know, a sword that can cut through anything and reveal the truth etc. isn't that impressive when used in a human scale, regardless of its conceptual power. Remember we're talking about a timeline where there were people with the energy output of nuclear weapons, for God's sake.

Why Ado Edem and not Gun God? He seems like he would be much better suited to the time period anyways.
    Gun God a shit, he couldn't even survive basic formalcraft attacks.

Erl where are yooouuuu
    MORNING RESCUE
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    I'm happy now.

Blog Entries
    Also Bloble stop being delusional, Macedonia = Bulgaria II in modern days, stop pretending you're related to Alexander.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlkonig View Post
    Also Bloble stop being delusional, Macedonia = Bulgaria II in modern days, stop pretending you're related to Alexander.
    You're entitled to your opinion, Erl. Anyway, please don't post stuff like that in this thread. I'll debate you (read: RAGE at you) on IRC if you want, but I'm planning on letting this thread die for a while, so I'd rather we not debate here.

Which brings me to my real reason for posting here. I've decided that the story's going on a long hiatus until I become a better writer. I've taken a look at the situation and realized that while my original plan for was solid enough, I as a writer am not skilled enough to write something of such scope and size. A story such as this requires detailed research to learn about all the historical figures involved, an in depth knowledge of world politics and the personalities of the world leader's involved, and the ability to simultaneously keep several dozen plot threads and intricate characters in check, things which I do not possess at the moment. If I try to write it now, it'll just end up being a shitty modern rip-off of Manhattan Project II, and I don't want that.

Once I do possess these qualities, however, I will try and revive this. But as it is, I don't think that continuing to write A New Age is something I can do while producing a work that meets my standards. So I'm waiting until the day when I can take this idea and turn it into a fic I can be proud of.

Thus, for now, you may consider this story Dead.

Blog Entries
    Ahhh, the toughness of technical writing. I know that feel well.

But it wouldn't be a rip-off, sir! MPII involves more secrecy and Cold War stuff; this is much more global and that. As it stands, though... if you want to get serious about this, you might as well cut ties with the Nasuverse and write it as original fiction. The idea is standard enough that it hasn't got much to do with the Nasuverse specifically, and can be easily severed. You'd probably get more comparisons to maybe American Gods, almost, than Fate/Stay night.

Why am I holding a scale? The Curious Fan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah well, makes sense.

Try not to die before you decide you're good enough to continue this! Or just go with Five's idea.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It's 100% even. Alexander was naturally gifted with a huge penis, but Archer, who was born hopelessly average, nevertheless attained a huge penis through years of jelqing and penis pumping.
    "Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Clearly, immersing himself in excessive grimdark has turned Gen into a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X
    Zelretch: Time travelling sex offender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    If the HGW was fought between Indian heroes Fuyuki would be a smoking crater.

Like this Facebook page please: https://www.facebook.com/EvilHatProductions

Ah, oh well. That's too bad I guess, well good luck on your research Bloble.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Blog Entries
    god dammit