Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Age

Blog Entries
    The whole point of the scene was the suddenness of it. Saber just came to and was like "whoa what am I doing here" and then we moved onto another character. It'll probably be explained in depth later.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    The whole point of the scene was the suddenness of it. Saber just came to and was like "whoa what am I doing here" and then we moved onto another character. It'll probably be explained in depth later.
    Right.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustine View Post
    Paris eh? Is he as cowardly as Paris was in the Illiad? I hope not, for his and his Master's sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alulim View Post
    Hmm...Paris has quite the Master.
    Let's just say that it's a good thing it's Paris this guy summoned, and not someone more competent. Otherwise the world would be what suffered, not just Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    It should, at least partially. In the place of a random "wut I doin ear?" should at least be a scene when she suddenly feels that she needs to awake because of a strange feeling that she's needed.
    Kim Jong Il hardly qualifies for being a Heroic Spirit. I don't think logic applies here, Keyne mah boy.
    Indeed, there are a few more factors into Arturia's 'summoning' than those of the other Heroic Spirits, and those will be elaborated upon later. Let's just say that there is a specific reason Avalon didn't stop her from being called.

And for Kim Jong Il, I have several different explanations, but for now I'll take a leaf from Five's book and say that Cult of Personality is a powerful thing.

Well.. there's also that thing that she's not a Heroic Spirit... but I'll let that pass and wait.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    And for Kim Jong Il, I have several different explanations, but for now I'll take a leaf from Five's book and say that Cult of Personality is a powerful thing.
    But can he curbstomp Herakles? Inquiring minds need to know.

But can he curbstomp Herakles? Inquiring minds need to know.
    I bet he knows why kids like Cinamon Toast Crunch!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well.. there's also that thing that she's not a Heroic Spirit... but I'll let that pass and wait.
    Since when were you under the impression that in this fic she's a Heroic Spirit?

Blog Entries
    Counter Guardian PENDRAGON
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    Or maybe she just cut the whole contract business, gave death an armored middle finger, and went to chill in Avalon. Maybe Saber is just here because of that whole "Arthur will return" business.

Which makes me wonder if that's the case, is Piratits back too?

Blog Entries
    Just think of it as her missing Shirou. Or something.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

I wonder what American heros will be summoned. If a president is summoned at least Obama won't have to worry about a coupt or civil war since very few presidents died in office and those that did, none would try to take over. Any Civil War Hero summoned won't try to start the fighting again because only the fringe crazys would follow them. The social and economic issuses of the south are far different then they were before, during, and even after the civil war. And while most would be pisst about shermons march and the events of the reconstruction era, and mabye even the slavery and equal rights issue though that would be a small minority the current South has no beef with the North. The Modern American Country is unified, which even most confederacy heros would be happy to see. America should probably be one of the most stable places in cthis new world.

Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis Suncofold's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Damn.

Instascribe.

Current Fanfics:

Maybe Saber is just here because of that whole "Arthur will return" business.
    That was my first guess/suggestion when I started the conversation.

i think if any American hero gets summoned it would be famous presidents, generals, and people who are just famous like Martin Luther king Jr., that guy who killed Lincoln, and Elvis Presley for example and as a side note also the people from tall tales if any were ever real

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Meanwhile, in a small Japanese town...

The indistinct shape floated in before his eyes. The man could see it clearly but his mind was unable to fully recognize the object. He couldn’t process it, and was only able to create a rough replica in his mind. The same way a three dimensional object could not be fully expressed on a two dimensional plane, this object before him was something he could never fully replicate.

Still, he tried.

Within his mind the image sharpened as he poured forth his prana, using his own body’s energy to compensate for his mind’s inability to comprehend the object. That which he lacked was replaced by roiling energy, filling in the flaws and holding the structure together.

Once the shape within his mind was as complete as he could make it, the man closed his mind, and opened his eyes.

“Ah, it failed again.”

Emiya Shirou opened his eyes and looked at the object in his hands. It was crafted from spun gold and embroidered with pure blue ribbon, deeper than the depths of the sea. The flawless sheath seemed to make the very air around it purer, and just staring at it would bring anyone to a peaceful contentment.

Shirou closed his hand, and the failed replica crumbled into dust, which itself quickly faded from the world. He sighed, and shook his head.

“Geeze, this thing is ridiculous.” Even after more than ten years of trying, he couldn’t replicate Avalon again. Although he had held it in his body for most of his life, and even created it once in his youth, the sheath of King Arthur was something Shirou couldn’t seem to grasp. Even though he tried to recreate it at least once a day, this was the furthest he’d gotten. Perfect physical replicas that crumbled and faded away the moment he tried to even touch them. Of course, when most of his attempts ended in a sprinkle of golden dust and a stupendous drain on his magic circuits, a useless picture was still pretty good.

The red haired man slowly rose from the ground, uncrossing his legs and unsteadily testing them once more. Although he had been sitting for at least half an hour, it had felt like only a few short seconds. Shirou leaned against one of the structural beams of the shed while waiting for blood to return to his aching legs.

He glanced at his surroundings. When he opened the shed it he had expected it to be unbelievable dusty but surprisingly the small room was spotless. A proper magus would never have considered leaving his workshop to gather dust, but Shirou wasn’t most magi. The shed was almost unchanged since the last time he had used it, several years prior. “She must’ve cleaned it.” He couldn’t stop a small smile from appearing on his face as he remembered the reason he had returned to Japan.

It had been months since he last saw Matou Sakura face to face, and he was looking forward to speaking with her again. Of course, he had other friends as well, but they could wait, or at least didn’t have an irresistible compulsion to clean his empty house every week.

Shirou pushed the shed door open and went to explore the rest of his old house. He found that it had been surprisingly well maintained and felt a pang of guilt at going straight for the shed and sleeping there instead of the futon Sakura had taken care to lay out for his arrival. But then again, sleeping in the shed was a sort of ritual by now. The only thing that was missing to bring him back to his high school days was his beautiful underclassman waking him up.

“She said she’d be here by four,” The man mused as he ran a hand through his still red, but paler hair. Although it was beginning to turn white at the roots, he could never care enough to dye it. Shirou looked at his battered watch, and his eyes widened. “Five!?” He’d overslept, big time. And this wasn’t something he could afford to miss.

Shirou ran through the house, looking for a phone. He’d rarely ever needed to use it, so he’d kept the only phone in the living room, right next to-

He suddenly stopped as a familiar scent assaulted his nose. He knew that smell, very well in fact. He’d helped make it several times along with...

“Sakura!” He called out as he approached the kitchen. The smell strengthened, and he heard the scraping of utensils on wood in response to his greeting.

A smiling woman poked her head out of the kitchen. “Hello, Sempai.” Sakura Matou greeted the returning homeowner. “You’re just in time to help me finish dinner.”

“O-of course.” Shirou averted his eyes, embarrassed. Despite his own lateness, it was humbling seeing Sakura refuse to get angry at him. “S-sorry I’m late.” He said weakly as he grabbed an apron and entered the kitchen. Sakura had already started a veritable feast, and he was having trouble imagining who could eat so much food.

“It’s fine, Sempai.” Sakura wordlessly handed Shirou a ladle, and they once more fell into their old cooking team. “I saw you sleeping in the shed earlier, but you looked too peaceful to disturb.” She finished chopping up some green herbs and passed them to Shirou, who tossed them in the stew and stirred it. “You looked like you were having a nice dream.” She added.

“Maybe,” Shirou shrugged. He took a chance and sneaked a glance at Sakura, then quickly looked away. She hadn’t aged a bit since he’d last seen her, and for that he was glad. He was the only one who needed new scars. “I can’t really remember,” He continued. “If its dreams you’re thinking of, all I’ve been dreaming of lately is some green plain with on a nice day, with a nice blue sky and not a cloud in sight...” He trailed off as he tried to remember last night’s dream and then was distracted by the pot about to boil over.

“That does sound peaceful,” Sakura agreed, giggling a little as Shirou tried to save the stew. “How have you been, Sempai? You look a bit tired.”

“It’s the plane,” The man confessed, “I just don’t think flying is for me.” He finally managed to get the stew under control and sighed in relief when it looked like the coast was clear. “I’ve been fine, though,” he continued. “The last case was a bit tough, but I managed it with some assistance from the locals.”

“Really?” Sakura asked, genuinely curious. Shirou rarely if ever spoke to her about his work on his infrequent visits. “What was it about?”

“Oh, nothing much.” Shirou shrugged. “Murder accusations against some high schoolers who don’t exactly keep the best company. The victim was a rich man’s daughter, so he had a pretty good team of high powered lawyers under him. I managed it in the end, though.” He smiled weakly. “How about you, Sakura? How’s Fuyuki these days?”

“It’s been slow.” She admitted. “The students are a bit rowdy, but Sister’s been teaching me a few tricks to deal with the difficult ones.”

“Tohsaka?” Shirou frowned. “I thought she was supposed to be at the Clock Tower.”

“She is.” Sakura said. “She’s acting as a guest lecturer, helping to teach the younger magi along with mister Velvet. Apparently there aren’t many differences between young magi and young students.” She turned off the stove and started to wash her hands, having finished most of the food while talking.

“Tohsaka teaching?” Shirou chuckled and started to untie his apron. “Strangely, that seems to suit her. But how’s she been talking to you from a country away? I don’t think she’d ever spend money she doesn’t have on international calls.”

“I’ve been teaching her to use computers.” Sakura replied. At Shirou’s sceptical expression, she shrugged. “It’s been slow going, I’ll admit, but Sister is nothing if not determined. She’s already learned how to use e-mail, and she’s only had to replace her computer twice!”

“Sounds rough.” The man said as he put his apron back into its cupboard. “But we’ll be able to talk to her properly now, won’t we? Did she have any trouble getting back? If she had as much trouble as I did with the flight, I wouldn’t want to meet her so soon.”

“No, no. Sister has already gotten used to flying around. She arrived about a week before you did. I told her when you’d be here, so she should be arriving an-.”

“Any second now?” A teasing voice interrupted from the kitchen entrance. Shirou and Sakura spun to look and were treated to the sight of a smirking woman in red tapping her finger against the wall.

“Forgive me for forgetting to knock,” Tohsaka Rin said. “But I got to see you two cooking together again, so I’d say it was worth it.”

“Sister!” Sakura smiled, and rushed forward, throwing her arms around her sister. Rin stiffened, and awkwardly patted her sister on the back. It was obvious that she wasn’t used to having a younger sibling, least of all a slightly overenergetic one that tended to lapse into hugs spontaneously when she got too excited.

“Ah, uh, hi.” She said lamely, with none of her earlier confidence. She wasn’t used to having someone buried in her chest. Desperately, she shot Shirou a pleading look.

He coughed. “Um, Sakura, you’re doing it again.”

“Ah!” Sakura quickly disentangled herself and leapt backwards. “Sorry!” She squeaked. “I’m still having some trouble adjusting. I’ve been a lot more energetic, and every time I feel happy I get the urge to spontaneously hug people.” She blushed, and looked to the ground.

“It’s fine, it’s fine.” Rin waved her apology away. “You’ve been adapting rather well, I think. Most people wouldn’t even have been able to be themselves in your situation. It’s a miracle that you’ve managed to retain this much of yourself as is.” She looked over her sister’s body and nodded in approval. “You’ve also been growing rather well.” She added.

“Maybe.” Sakura looked at her hand. “But it’s still different. And no matter what I do, my chest isn’t growing at all.” She looked morosely at her almost flat chest, utterly devoid of the round bumps she was used to bearing. “Ah well, I’ll just have to hope. Besides, we match now, Sister!” She beamed again, her sorrow utterly forgotten.

Rin stiffened. “W-well excuse me!” She crossed her arms around her own lack of breasts and turned away. “C’mon, Emiya, help me set the table!” She grabbed a stack of plates and stormed out of the room. Shirou quickly grabbed a bunch of utensils and followed after muttering a quick apology to Sakura, who just blinked and stared at the suddenly empty kitchen.

“Are you still sore about that, Tohsaka?” He whispered to Rin as he joined her at the table. “Don’t worry, you look fine.”

“I don’t need to hear that from you.” Rin said, blushing. “And watch where you’re looking, pervert!”

“Sorry, sorry.” Shirou said with a smile. “Anyway, you’ve been talking to Sakura more than me these past two years. This is the first time I’ve seen her since... then. How is she?”

“Like I said, fine.” Rin said. “She’s adjusting well, and other than some small hiccups which are to be expected, her body’s fine as well.”

“I’m glad.” Shirou confessed. “I was worried she wouldn’t be able to...”

“Forget that train of thought.” Rin ordered. “We’re fine, Sakura’s fine, and you’re looking fine too, although now you look like you’ve been working in the sun bit too much.” She teased. “Is your television working?” She forcibly changed the topic. “I want to catch the news while we eat.”

“It should work.” Shirou abandoned the remote that hadn’t been used for two years and turned on the television by hand. He settled it onto the global news channel, the only one that still had a steady signal on his outdated antenna. “I feel kind of guilty for having Sakura check up on it on top of her duties as Supervisor.” He admitted.

“It’s fine, Sempai.” Sakura said as she brought the food to the table. “But if you’re feeling guilty, it shouldn’t be for me cleaning your house, but because you haven’t even been back to visit for two years!” She pouted. “And you refused to take me with you when I asked, even though I’ve been through the same school as you!”

Rin was too absorbed in watching the news to reply, so Shirou was left to fend for himself. “Uh, well, you were still adjusting and I didn’t want to burden you even more...” He scratched the back of his head and looked away, busying himself with examining a fork on the table to avoid Sakura’s piercing gaze.

“Then there’s no problem now, right Sempai?” Sakura twirled in a circle and folded her arms together. “I’m perfectly fine, 100%, no problems! Now you’ve got no reasons to not let me go with you!”

“You’re also not acting like yourself.” The redheaded man pointed out using the fork. “You were never this... perky before, and you also never raised your voice like that. Also, I think you’re a bit too old to be pouting.” He suddenly blinked. “Wait a second; did you invite me home just so you could convince me to let you travel with me?”

“I’m not old!” Sakura insisted. “Anyway, I’ve prepared a list of reasons-!”

“Guys, shut up for a second and come over here.” Rin’s voice interrupted the rising argument. Shirou and Sakura turned to answer and then stopped as they saw the sight on the screen.

A Greek city burned, and right next to it, continents away, a glowing man ravaged a city that with supernatural powers. Both scenes of destruction were right next to each other on the screen, and a reporter’s voice droned over the muted sounds of screaming and explosions.

“Both ‘attacks’ have happened within hours of each other, but otherwise no connections have been established. The death toll in South Korea is currently in the millions, and the one in Athens is in the thousands and still climbing. North Korea’s government has refused to comment on the sudden appearance of the glowing man reported by many to share a likeness with the recently deceased Kim Jong Il. In Athens, the cause of these sudden deaths is still a mystery, but all of them occurred within several minutes of each other. Many surviving citizens have reported feeling a mysterious ‘drain’ on their vitality as others passed away. So far, 90% of the victims of the second ‘attack’ have been elderly or infirm, but the significance of this has yet to be discovered, although the current hypothesis seems to be some sort of airborne toxin. The UN has converged in a meeting to discuss these troubling developments and several countries including Japan are expected to declare a state of emergency in the near future. We will have an update on the situation shortly.”

Shirou’s fork clattered as he let it fall onto the plate.

“Sorry, guys.” He growled and clenched his fists, glaring at the television as if he could make its words a lie. “Looks like I’ll be cutting my vacation short. There are going to be a lot of people to save out there, and I have no time to waste.”

The man made way for the door, but two pairs of hands grabbed him and forcefully pulled him back inside before he could go.

“Oh no you don’t.” Rin growled. “I’m not letting you rush into something you don’t understand, idiot.”

“Yeah! You just got here!” Sakura agreed. “You can at least stay a bit longer so we can figure out what’s going on!”

“There’s no time!” Shirou insisted, but nonetheless let the girls bring him inside again. “You heard what the reporter said! Millions dead! Millions!”

“Millions that you have no possible way to save.” Rin forced the redheaded man to sit on a chair, and Sakura firmly clamped down his arms so he wouldn’t try to run again. “Now listen to me,” Rin glared at Shirou firmly, not letting him look away. “That thing that ravaged South Korea is unmistakeably a Heroic Spirit. You and I stand no chance if we want to take it on. And there’s nothing you can do about people randomly dying in Greece, unless you can bring back the dead.”

“I’ve fought Heroic Spirits before.” Shirou countered. “Besides, you can’t just expect me to sit back and let people die!”

“I don’t want you going into something you don’t understand with only a vague, unreachable goal.” Rin said. “And anyway, I don’t expect you to do nothing. We are going to see what we can do about this together, and that doesn’t involve waltzing off to Korea trying to kill something that blew up half a city.”

“At least be intelligent about this, Sempai.” Sakura chipped in, looking remarkably calm. “We should first try doing some investigation about what’s going on. How about you stay here, and I’ll book us a flight to London so we can go to the Clock Tower and ask around.”

“…fine.” Shirou said, and as he gave up his entire body seemed to slump down. “But I’m only doing this because I know you’re right.” He said miserably.

“Don’t worry, Sempai.” Sakura patted Shirou’s head. “You’ll find a way to fix this-“

“Breaking news!” Suddenly, the reporter came back to the screen. Instantly the group focused their attention on the television in hopes of hearing something more. “The peculiar circumstances in Greece are being replicated all over the world!” The haggard reporter said. “We’ve had reports of deaths all over Europe, China, South America, and Africa. The same unexplained deaths are occurring, once more targeting the old and infirm. So far there have been no deaths in Australia, most of North America, and Japan- ack!” The middle aged reporter suddenly clutched his chest, his eyes bugging out as he tried to breath. He choked once, then collapsed, leaving the screen empty.

Shirou was the first to feel it. His knees weakened as he felt something trying to drain his body’s strength. It was a strangely familiar feeling, and he instinctively activated his magic circuits, producing prana that was quickly sucked away to replace his soul’s vitality. The sensation only lasted a few seconds, but it was enough to drain almost half his capacity.

“Ah, um, we will be with you shortly.” A younger female reporter entered the scene and took over while medics dragged the older man’s body away. “There have been no confirmed reasons for these attacks yet, but we ask all of you to stay indoors and keep your windows closed-“

Once more the speech was interrupted, but this time by the entire back wall of the studio being blown open. The camera shook wildly, and the shriek of the female reporter was cut short as a chunk of rock smashed into her head and she fell to the floor. The floor of the studio rumbled, and dust covered the o

However, it all abruptly stopped. The camera had fallen to the floor, but a large hand covered the screen as it straightened the machine. As the hand was removed, a new figure had replaced the female reporter.

“Hello Japan.” A man’s gravely voice said. The dust disappeared, revealing the figure of a Japanese man clothed in an Sengoku-era hakama stained with blood, or at least created to appear that way. “I am Oda Nobunaga. Remember my name, for it is the name of your new King.”

The words themselves were blunt and to the point. It was for that reason and one other that rather than disbelieving the newcomer’s words, Shirou and everyone watching the program instantly acknowledged them as the truth. This man was Oda Nobunaga resurrected, one of the greatest and most brutal figures of the Sengoku period brought back to life.

The other reason was his sheer aura. As the dust cleared away and his figure became clearer, Shirou was seized with a sudden compulsion to run away somewhere where this man wouldn’t be able to find him. His instincts screamed at him to flee and avoid combat, something he hadn’t ever done. Though he had been able to stand against a Berserker Hercules, this unassuming Japanese man had a presence that screamed death and despair.

“You there, camera crew.” Nobunaga said bluntly, this time looking behind the camera rather than under it. “Don’t even think about turning off your machines.”

“Y-yes, my Lord.” One of the few surviving technicians choked out.

“Good.” Nobunaga nodded, then turned back to the screen. “Now then, as for you who are still watching. Do not think to try and resist me. I was undefeated during my first life, and this time I shall not make the mistake of trusting betrayers. If you wish to serve as my vassals and live, come to Kyoto. I have decided that it will be the capital of my unified Japan-.”

Abruptly the program was cut off, only to be replaced by the image of a nice boat peacefully floating across water. Someone higher up had probably decided to cut off the program.

“Well shit.” Rin frowned. “So Japan’s not safe either, then. That lowers our options.”

“Yeah, now all I can do is try and kill him before he conquers our country again.” Shirou growled. “Or are you going to tell me we should let this madman have his way with Japan right in front of our noses?”

“Don’t be an idiot, Emiya.” Rin snapped. “We’re going to have to take this guy eventually, but not at the moment.”

“What are we going to do, Sister?” Sakura asked, quivering slightly and still staring fearfully at the television. “It’s not safe here anymore…”

“All of us are going to the Clock Tower as soon as possible.” Rin said bluntly. As Shirou glared at her, she sighed. “We’re not running away, idiot, just getting some reinforcements. As much as we’ve all improved over the years, there’s no way we can kill a Servant by ourselves without sustaining major damage. I know a few people in the Mage’s Association that can help us out, so we’re going there first, okay?”

Shirou paused and considered the idea. On one hand, he still wished to rush in sword swinging, but he had mostly grown out of his ‘no plans, no hesitation’ phase and had to admit that Rin’s idea made sense. “Fine.” He said. “But we’ll have to go as fast as possible. I don’t know how long the planes will still be working. You’ll have to hypnotise a pilot to fly us, so we should get to the airport as soon as possible.”

“Wait, I’m coming too, right?” Sakura suddenly shouted. “You’re not leaving me behind this time!”

Shirou sighed and brought his palm to his face. “Yes, Sakura.” He muttered morosely. “You can come too.”

Chapter 2: Shirou 1: End

----------------------------

So yeah, stuff happened. This is approximately 12 or so years after FSN, so things have changed in the canon cast as well as the rest of the world. For starters, remember that 'incident' where Waver dismantles the Grail 10 years after FSN and there's a big uproar over it? Yeah, that still happened. Yeah, shit got real.

Also, flat chested Sakura is just because I want to watch the world burn (yes she is OOC for a very good and probably very obvious reason).

>Nice boat

Very clever. I'm enjoying this immensly.

Blog Entries
    Bloble...

Of course, I will be reading Nobunaga's lines in Norio Wakamoto's voice. Because Sengoku Basara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

That's the only proper way to read Nobunaga.

Some people would just like to see the world burn...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustine View Post
    >Nice boat

Very clever. I'm enjoying this immensly.