Page 13 of 110 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182363 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Avengers 2's after credits scene will probably involve Thanos fucking the Nova Corps up to get the Infinity Gem/Stone.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Spoiler:
    It was more the being 100% fine immediately after when he was literally freezing over while floating in space. Which, you know, poor thermal conductivity so why's that happening in the first place. But whatever.
    Spoiler:
    Again, tests have shown that flesh can recover nearly back to 100% original form after brief exposures in a vacuum and low temperatures. You'll die faster to asphyxiation or your body rupturing from any internal gas if you didn't exhale as much as possible in a vacuum than freezing or lack of gravity.

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Spoiler:
    Again, tests have shown that flesh can recover nearly back to 100% original form after brief exposures in a vacuum and low temperatures. You'll die faster to asphyxiation or your body rupturing from any internal gas if you didn't exhale as much as possible in a vacuum than freezing or lack of gravity.
    Interesting thing to note:

Spoilers

When Quill is coming back after getting his music player from prison, you can see his hands swelling in size from space before returning to normal after getting inside. It was a nice detail.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Interesting thing to note:

Spoilers

When Quill is coming back after getting his music player from prison, you can see his hands swelling in size from space before returning to normal after getting inside. It was a nice detail.
    If I decide to go see the movie a third time I'll definitely need to keep my eye on small details like that.

Banned
    So nice I saw it twice. Definitely the best standalone Marvel movie, probably liked it more than the Avengers, and probably the best space adventure flick in 20 years.

Spoiler:
    WE are Groot.

Spoiler:
    Also please don't ruin the stinger joke by making more of it than it is.

It's good to see James Gunn finally loose and successful in the mainstream after like, 10 years of unsteady floundering after he escaped Lloyd Kaufman's basement.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    So nice I saw it twice.
    Ditto, but I had to - I was laughing so hard at points, I missed things the first time through.

Definitely the best standalone Marvel movie,
    Depending on your definition of "standalone," I'm still a fan of "Thor" and "The Wolverine" - but given that this was based on a six-year-old incarnation of a team I'd only ever heard of, even in my comic-devouring heyday, I'll agree that it's definitely one of their best.

probably liked it more than the Avengers,
    I'd mark them equal, which is good enough, really.

and probably the best space adventure flick in 20 years.
    One of - I still like "Serenity" and "Galaxy Quest."

EDIT: Now all that said, Rocket is now pretty much my hero.
    Last edited by Kieran; August 14th, 2014 at 06:54 PM.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

It would be hilarious if the first scene of Guardians 2 is the team escaping on the Milano from being blown up by an army of Peter's jilted ex-girlfriends, one of whom turns out to be a very pissed general of the Kree Empire. Would make for some hilarious dialogue.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; August 14th, 2014 at 10:54 PM.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Blog Entries
    It would.

And it's kind of sad that I'm old enough to guess why the ship has that name . . .

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Wonder if the Venom movie (?) will give us material for Agent Venom, since Flash becomes a part of GotG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Can't happen. Sony owns Spider-Man movie rights, so Marvel Studios can't touch anything Spidey.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Wonder if the Venom movie (?) will give us material for Agent Venom, since Flash becomes a part of GotG.
    I wish . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousMan View Post
    Can't happen. Sony owns Spider-Man movie rights, so Marvel Studios can't touch anything Spidey.
    . . . But this. For at least the next decade, apparently.

On the other hand, maybe we can get Angela, now?

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Because Sony won't give up Spidey since he's a cash cow. They'll keep rebooting him, and rebooting him, and rebooting him just to keep his rights.

Hell, they might reboot him again soon considering the financial disappointment ASM 2 was and how much a lot of the fans hated it.

I just hope they take a long time to actually figure out a good script and run out of the required time necessary they must have to make a movie or loose the rights so that they can go back to Marvel, much like what happened with Daredevil, Punisher, and Blade.

It would be interesting though if Marvel Studios does something totally left-field and have their Spider-Man movie focus on Miles Morales, with the first few minutes being establishing that Peter was an up and rising super-hero before being tragically killed.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; August 14th, 2014 at 10:24 PM.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

Blog Entries
    i liked amazing spider-man 2 ;~;
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Also, how awesome would it be if in Phase 4 that Marvel actually went through and did a Miracleman movie? Like as their first R-rated full-on serious movie, albeit with a different ending than the one from the comics and connects with the cinematic universe.

It would also take subtle shots at Superman and Captain Marvel, while taking the 'Battle of Metropolis' in Man of Steel to its horrifying conclusion and not leaving out the scenes of people dying and Kid Miracleman being a horrid psychopath.

It would also set the stage more for the developing fear and mistrust in heroes that Marvel is known for.

- - - Updated - - -

Villains were shoe-horned in, Electro was under-developed, and Gwen seemed to die just so that she would be dead for the sequel.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; August 14th, 2014 at 10:31 PM.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It was alright but was lacking compared to the first. Certainly better than Toby's Spiderman but yeah, TIM covered the biggest gripes of this one though I thought Gwen's death was handled well enough.

I would actually love it if Marvel also, after the Netflix Defenders mini-series' are done, did a mini-series of the Punisher with Thomas Jane back as Frank. He was awesome in the movie and has stated numerous times he is willing to take the role again.

Oh, and hopefully maybe do a Blade mini-series with Guillermo del Toro directing and maybe writing the thing because Blade 2 was awesome.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Won't happen. Marvel is trying to show that their stuff is kid friendly and the punisher is... not.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    So the Penance movie is off the table, huh? :V
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Penance... no. Just no.

And well, it has been mentioned that the Netflix series' will be pretty dark. Will maybe be borderline R with Daredevil if they follow Frank Millar's run more than Mark Waid's. So the Punisher mini-series will probably be the straight-up R-rated series.

Still have my fingers crossed that somewhere down the line Marvel Studios will get more ballsy with their properties and pump out a few R-Rated hero movies. The Miracleman movie hopefully being one.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    The Netflix stuff is specifically able to be more "adult" so an R-rated show seems entirely possible.

As for Spiderman, the problem Sony has is that he's the only superhero they have in their stable. So there's this fatigue of just Spideyspideyspideyspideyspidey that I think the public will tire of relatively soon.

I'm not sure what other heroes or villains Sony has obtained in their contract, but they really need to stop focusing on Spiderman. One movie per decade seems fine to me.

Though I must be honest and admit that I actually don't want to see Spidey, F4 and the X-Men revert back to Marvel. I really like that Marvel is delving into lesser known characters and I don't particularly want to see Wolverine and Spiderman shoehorned into various MCU movies really awkwardly. If Marvel had those big names then you can be pretty damn sure we wouldn't have got GotG or stuff like the upcoming Antman or Doctor Strange.