Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Not sure about Wonder man, but Vision is basically a sentient AI construct in an android/robot body that gains free will from it's AI creator and learns to value life instead of destroying it as its creator instructs. That's kind of easy to extrapolate that into a realistic version on the cinematic screen.
    I meant, an android with this color palette and that can turn intangible, what were they smoking?

Although that doesn't mean it's impossible without some modifications.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was the '60s (I think - maybe the '70s) - 'nuff said.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Banned
    avengers only one I liked

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    at least wait for days of the future past to flop arrive

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    I only watched Iron Man movies. Liked first two very much, but not the third one. It likely was my fault for expecting an actual adaptation of Extremis arc from the comic. Also got annoyed when it referenced events in Avengers or whatever it was because I haven't seen it.
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlandmine View Post
    I only watched Iron Man movies. Liked first two very much, but not the third one. It likely was my fault for expecting an actual adaptation of Extremis arc from the comic. Also got annoyed when it referenced events in Avengers or whatever it was because I haven't seen it.
    I don't really follow Iron Man, so the adaptation didn't really bother me (though I found the Mandarin plotline an intriguing one). As to the Avengers reference . . . Well, get used to it. Marvel's designing all their adaptations to work in conjunction now. We've entered Phase II, as they call it.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

I used to follow Iron Man for a while until it got ridiculous and found the Extremis arc very enjoyable. To think of it, a straight up adaptation of said arc wouldn't fit as a follow-up to first two movies, but the way they threw it's elements into the 3rd movie felt too wonky for me. I don't mind their reimagining of Mandarin though, it was indeed pretty fun.

How many interdependent movies they already got? It all started with Avengers, didn't it?
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Blog Entries
    Truth be known, they started tying things together in Iron Man 2, as a build-up to the Avengers movie. Since then, they've done Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, and are working on Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Avengers 2 will tie off Phase 2, and Phase 3 includes things like Black Panther and Ant-Man (which is the dumbest possible idea they've had, in my opinion).

And I believe they did "Extremis" as a motion comic - so you might be able to pick that up.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

That's a lot. I'll think about checking out Avengers or Thor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    And I believe they did "Extremis" as a motion comic - so you might be able to pick that up.
    Yeah, I heard about that one and even watched some parts of it. Not the whole thing though.

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Blog Entries
    I apologize if this is in the wrong thread, but whatever. Don't know who's been following it, but it's supposedly coming Aug. 2014? Don't recall the date perfectly, so I apologize in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by GotG
    From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team — the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits — Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand — with the galaxy’s fate in the balance.

Blog Entries
    No, this would pretty much be the thread - and it's the first I've seen about it, so thanks.

. . . And August? Really? Well, rats.

(And how is it that Zoe Saldana always gets herself turned into an alien in non-Star Trek films, and always looks so hot doing so?)

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huh, I thought it was June. All I know about it is that Karen Gillan is going to be a space pirate.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Karen Gillan is going to be a space pirate.
    Well, that's a must see now.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Empire's 25 Days of Future Pasts covers.

So, uh, Michio Kaku comes from the even further future? It would explain things.

Blog Entries
    Why the hell is there a Rouge cover? Apparently she was edited out of the movie for time.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Why the hell is there a Rogue cover? Apparently she was edited out of the movie for time.
    FTFY

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    FTFY
    Over the years, I've concluded that either Elf is partially dyslexic, or like me - she gets so excited and rushed that her fingers move before she really processes what she's typing.

As for the cover - the "Days of Future Past" cover has been done, re-done, and imitated at least a dozen times over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Not bad.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One