Page 93 of 110 FirstFirst ... 438388919293949598103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2197

Thread: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Blog Entries
    Oh right, this thread is a thing. Eh, i guess this goes here then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Hey rapebird, what did you think of Infiniti war?

I dunno. Tell you after I see the other half of it.

:|
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean, I left satisfied, the movie focused enough on Thanos that ending it with his journey complete makes up for the cliffhanger on the heroes' side.

Though it'll be really weird to watch fucking Ant-Man & The Wasp after all this. I'm sure it'll be as entertaining as the the first one but it happens before IW so it's hard to care about it, even though I was more hyped for it than IW before.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    because we wanna see dudes punch the badman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Because that’s not how dudes named Thanos do
    Fair enough?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    An actual, non-joke answer came to me:

Because that sounds like micomangerial bullshit and who has the time or responsibility for that. It's comparatively easier to just wipe half the universe every once in a while.
    Thanos would have the time, he has a gem with abilities all about that, but I'll take that answer, if he was so committed to the people like he sounded when describing to Gamora what happened to her people after he got there he'd still take the time to do things in a better way with the gauntlet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    you cant stop the heat death of the universe

time to harvest the despair of the remaining half
    Inb4 Madoka cross-over.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Finally saw Infinity War.
    Spoiler:
    [It was funny and then it wasn't. Thor was amazing, so I'm glad I saw Thor Ragnarok a day before so I was fresh on his arc. I'm really ticked at all of the times they lost a stone for one person (and all of those people died anyways!) but killing people for the greater good is wrong.

Thanos was good, though I'm curious as to why the Reality Stone alone didn't make him invincible. It's control over reality, it's got to be better than a few magician tricks!

Star-Lord is a shitter who ruined everything. Wakanda was less destroyed than I thought which is a relief.

You'd think that they'd kill off more old people so that people would actually worry that the deaths stick, but I guess the GotG count as old enough. Oh right, Falcon too. I guess I'm just not remembering them as much as T'Challa and Peter. Speaking of:

PETER NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HE WAS THE ONE FUCKING PERSON I BEGGED TO LIVE AND THEY KILLED HIM ANYWAYS GODDAMMIT I DON'T CARE IF IT WON'T STICK IT STILL HURTS]

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler:
    [Also I agree on the eye thing and now I wonder what happened to Valkyrie given that we didn't see her die like poor Heimdall.

Man, Thor's life sucks. ]

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler:
    [Oh right, Wanda and Strange going poof was bad since they're the people most capable of interfering with the stones]
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Some people pointed out although I don't remember seeing it that Valkyrie can be seen in the background of some shots and she looks taken out.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Spoiler:
    Thanos was good, though I'm curious as to why the Reality Stone alone didn't make him invincible. It's control over reality, it's got to be better than a few magician tricks!
    Seems like in the movie the reality stone just changes things temporarily, like when he uses it against Drax and cute-alien-girl, but then when he leaves they go back to normal.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    One other thing which annoyed me was the quick resolution between Gamora and Star Lord's feelings just to provide justification for the latter's mistake. That development should have been saved for a movie where it could be explored with the emotional weight it deserved - it's been brewing over two movies, after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockxas View Post
    Thanos would have the time, he has a gem with abilities all about that, but I'll take that answer, if he was so committed to the people like he sounded when describing to Gamora what happened to her people after he got there he'd still take the time to do things in a better way with the gauntlet though.
    You know what Spock said about the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few, and then sacrificing himself? Thanos would never count himself among the few. Yes, he genuinely believes the Universe needs to be balanced, just like he genuinely loves Gamora, but both of those are genuine feelings coming from a warped mind. For instance, he never hesitates to say how, after he's done, he'll just find somewhere he can rest; he never even considered including himself in the "fair" and "impartial" selection of who lives and who dies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Seems like in the movie the reality stone just changes things temporarily, like when he uses it against Drax and cute-alien-girl, but then when he leaves they go back to normal.
    Still would have been mighty useful when he was fighting both teams of heroes. Instead, the combined might of Soul, Power, Reality, Time, and Space amounted to little more than a poor man's version of a Green Lantern ring.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah definitely, the entire movie was very good about showcasing the powers of the stones even in some pretty creative ways sometimes, but then in the end it was just Power, Space, Power, Space, Power, Space, done. Pretty boring.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Spoiler:

Star-Lord is a shitter who ruined everything.
    Spoiler:
    I heard it mentioned that they actually set that up in GotG 2 when Ego reveals that he killed Pdter's mom, and he immediately shoots him down no delay. No finishing his monologue or attempt to explain his reasoning just oops and now in exploding. And in that movie it was a good thing. Less so in this case, but still almost the exact same situation.

Yeah definitely, the entire movie was very good about showcasing the powers of the stones even in some pretty creative ways sometimes, but then in the end it was just Power, Space, Power, Space, Power, Space, done. Pretty boring.
    The soul stone is normally more subtle and the time stone is would only have a use if they actually injured him. Reality he could have just pulled a repeat of earlier, but that would undercut the scene a bit if he oneshotted everyone at the same time.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Yes, well, them's the breaks.
    Also, I can think of a few different things he could do using the power of time which aren't limited to rewinding things.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; May 1st, 2018 at 10:19 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    [Fair enough, though him not using Time sooner then makes its use later all the more of a gutpunch. Though I have to wonder:]
    Spoiler:
    [Would Thanos still have trashed everyone on Titan if Strange actually used the Time Stone, or did Strange just elect not to because Thanos losing then means that people who'd already died would've stayed dead?]

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Spoiler:
    I heard it mentioned that they actually set that up in GotG 2 when Ego reveals that he killed Pdter's mom, and he immediately shoots him down no delay. No finishing his monologue or attempt to explain his reasoning just oops and now in exploding. And in that movie it was a good thing. Less so in this case, but still almost the exact same situation.
    Oh no, it was very consistent, just maddening.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    So much comic foreshadowing in 1 trailer.

マリーの味方
    star lord is dumb

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    RUINED EVERYTHING
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Star Lord being dumb may have been the tipping point of the long game tho, you don't know

I, for one, believe in the Bumblesnap Crumpysnitch

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Yeah sure it had to have been but still
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    I, for one, believe in the Bumblesnap Crumpysnitch
    seconded

there's literally no one else who can give a second opinion, so i trust the magic doctor

I gotta say Tom Holland is an amazing Spidey, no pun intended

I'm so glad I don't have to bear with those god awful Sony's Spiderman movies and reboots

Ain't gonna bother watching Venom either, their marketing campaign has been blatantly and shamelessly trying to ride the MCU's hypetrain

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I'm still in disbelief that someone's even making a Venom movie.
    canon finish apo vol 3