Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 5090959899100
Results 1,981 to 1,997 of 1997

Thread: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

  1. #1981
    マリーの味方 Sesto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,711
    US Friend Code
    656873700
    Personally I feel like every single arc in Endgame lasted a bit longer than necessary. It really didn't need to be that long.

    Regardless, most Marvel movies are very mediocre. Endgame and IW are a few of the actually great ones imo, so at least they managed that.

  2. #1982
    Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Suba (not Dzyuba!)
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    This'll be fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Personally I feel like every single arc in Endgame lasted a bit longer than necessary. It really didn't need to be that long.

    Regardless, most Marvel movies are very mediocre. Endgame and IW are a few of the actually great ones imo, so at least they managed that.
    No, it sucks. Just like the post-2012 internets.

  3. #1983
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,582
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I think there was a good core to Thor's arc in the movie, marred by the unfortunate decision to make most of it into throwaway jokes.
    That said, "Thor being humbled by his failures and needing to step up" was already much better done in the first movie, and even in Ragnarok. Even though the focus is ultimately quite different in Endgame, it would still have felt a bit like a rehash even if it had been done better.
    Yeah, because Thor should remain the same confident self he's always been after watching half his people, including his brother and the one remaining close friend he had, die at the hands of Thanos, with nothing he could do to stop it. It was pretty obvious Thor was going to suffer from some sort of mental disorder from Infinity War already, what with his dialogue towards Rocket about how all he needs is rage so that he doesn't have to focus on anything else.

    Hulk's dab was stupid, but it's a stupid on the level of a few seconds that, not including it, wouldn't have realistically changed the scene in any way.

    Only change to movie I would have made would be to not have another Infinity War-level fight at the end, making it more about the Time Heist stuff. With how they were "fine" with making up whatever time travel rules they wanted, they could have picked another way for Gamorra to come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  4. #1984
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Yeah, because Thor should remain the same confident self he's always been after watching half his people, including his brother and the one remaining close friend he had, die at the hands of Thanos, with nothing he could do to stop it.
    You misunderstand. I'm not saying I disagree with Thor becoming depressed from everything that's happened to him (although I do think it wasn't well-executed), I'm saying there was no need for yet another arc of "Thor loses something and needs to deal with it".
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan in the distant past.

  5. #1985
    分かろうとするな、感じれ Mcjon01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,813
    Blog Entries
    1
    Fun fact originally Hawkeye’s character arc belonged to Thor but they thought it was too much of a retread and decided to break him instead

  6. #1986
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    NC
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,900
    Blog Entries
    9
    Punisher Thor?

  7. #1987
    吸血鬼 Vampire weeblord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Age
    27
    Posts
    393
    Thor being a fat drunk loser is them preparing him for Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

  8. #1988
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,563
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    But which of them gets first crack at the BowFlex?
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  9. #1989
    分かろうとするな、感じれ Mcjon01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,813
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Thor being a fat drunk loser is them preparing him for Guardians of the Galaxy 3.
    Actually they were just responding to my yearly complaints that I want to dress up as Thor for Halloween but keeping my diet in check all year for the body was just too hard

    - - - Updated - - -

    I sent a lot of letters

  10. #1990
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,582
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    You misunderstand. I'm not saying I disagree with Thor becoming depressed from everything that's happened to him (although I do think it wasn't well-executed), I'm saying there was no need for yet another arc of "Thor loses something and needs to deal with it".
    I can understand that, but I saw it as more that depression isn't something as easy to end with a single moment of triumph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  11. #1991
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thor's breakdown actually is reasonable, not only because of all the lost that has piled up, but because he screwed up in the heat of the moment, going for revenge by causing pain and not aiming for the head, allowing the first snap to happen. It is one thing if you are powerless to stop something, but another when you have the power, but you fail because of your own reasons.

    Despite all this, I'm glad Scott is around since he actually lift the atmosphere and changes the whole mood of the film.

  12. #1992
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Deathhappens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Always somewhere
    Posts
    4,701
    Unrelated to Endgame, I finally got around to watching Into the Spiderverse, and man it was amazing. I'm not gonna debate pros and cons between movies, and perhaps it's futile to try and analyse it, but I just had so much more fun watching it compared to any other Marvel movie I've watched in recent years.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Once and always and nevermore.

  13. #1993
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,825
    One of the few recent superhero movies I was actually excited to see, but didn't. Argh.

    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Thor's breakdown actually is reasonable, [...]
    It is, but the writers could have done something different. At the very least, they shouldn't have used it for comic relief so much.
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan in the distant past.

  14. #1994
    分かろうとするな、感じれ Mcjon01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,813
    Blog Entries
    1
    The jokes might have been a bit heavy handed but I think it was supposed to tie into the "don't worry about what you or anyone else thinks you SHOULD be just be the best you that you are" arc of his plot this time

    - - - Updated - - -

    Of course they probably also just wanted to lighten up the movie given how comparatively grim it is and fat jokes are low hanging fruit, so, maybe it's just that after all and I'm giving them too much credit

  15. #1995
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    The actual comic relief is Scott, which is pretty over the top when he is the key person to turn the tide.

    I agree Thor being a comic relief is pretty badly done since he is obviously suffering from a serious case of PTSD here.

  16. #1996
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six R.Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dust City
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,718
    Blog Entries
    28
    Scott's gravitas all comes from his family interaction. Having no one (Tom Holland) to bounce off of hurts his chances at being serious near Avengers or having any chemistry.


  17. #1997
    The Greatest Cool Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,812
    US Friend Code
    858,943,293
    After watching the first couple MCU movies last September I've spent the last week watching more. Still not done, but up to Homecoming I think it, IM1, Cap 2, and GotG1 are my favorites so far.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •