Page 100 of 110 FirstFirst ... 5090959899100101102105 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2197

Thread: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

マリーの味方
    Personally I feel like every single arc in Endgame lasted a bit longer than necessary. It really didn't need to be that long.

Regardless, most Marvel movies are very mediocre. Endgame and IW are a few of the actually great ones imo, so at least they managed that.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    This'll be fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Personally I feel like every single arc in Endgame lasted a bit longer than necessary. It really didn't need to be that long.

Regardless, most Marvel movies are very mediocre. Endgame and IW are a few of the actually great ones imo, so at least they managed that.
    No, it sucks. Just like the post-2012 internets.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I think there was a good core to Thor's arc in the movie, marred by the unfortunate decision to make most of it into throwaway jokes.
    That said, "Thor being humbled by his failures and needing to step up" was already much better done in the first movie, and even in Ragnarok. Even though the focus is ultimately quite different in Endgame, it would still have felt a bit like a rehash even if it had been done better.
    Yeah, because Thor should remain the same confident self he's always been after watching half his people, including his brother and the one remaining close friend he had, die at the hands of Thanos, with nothing he could do to stop it. It was pretty obvious Thor was going to suffer from some sort of mental disorder from Infinity War already, what with his dialogue towards Rocket about how all he needs is rage so that he doesn't have to focus on anything else.

Hulk's dab was stupid, but it's a stupid on the level of a few seconds that, not including it, wouldn't have realistically changed the scene in any way.

Only change to movie I would have made would be to not have another Infinity War-level fight at the end, making it more about the Time Heist stuff. With how they were "fine" with making up whatever time travel rules they wanted, they could have picked another way for Gamorra to come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Yeah, because Thor should remain the same confident self he's always been after watching half his people, including his brother and the one remaining close friend he had, die at the hands of Thanos, with nothing he could do to stop it.
    You misunderstand. I'm not saying I disagree with Thor becoming depressed from everything that's happened to him (although I do think it wasn't well-executed), I'm saying there was no need for yet another arc of "Thor loses something and needs to deal with it".

Blog Entries
    Fun fact originally Hawkeye’s character arc belonged to Thor but they thought it was too much of a retread and decided to break him instead

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Punisher Thor?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Thor being a fat drunk loser is them preparing him for Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    But which of them gets first crack at the BowFlex?
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Thor being a fat drunk loser is them preparing him for Guardians of the Galaxy 3.
    Actually they were just responding to my yearly complaints that I want to dress up as Thor for Halloween but keeping my diet in check all year for the body was just too hard

- - - Updated - - -

I sent a lot of letters

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    You misunderstand. I'm not saying I disagree with Thor becoming depressed from everything that's happened to him (although I do think it wasn't well-executed), I'm saying there was no need for yet another arc of "Thor loses something and needs to deal with it".
    I can understand that, but I saw it as more that depression isn't something as easy to end with a single moment of triumph.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Thor's breakdown actually is reasonable, not only because of all the lost that has piled up, but because he screwed up in the heat of the moment, going for revenge by causing pain and not aiming for the head, allowing the first snap to happen. It is one thing if you are powerless to stop something, but another when you have the power, but you fail because of your own reasons.

Despite all this, I'm glad Scott is around since he actually lift the atmosphere and changes the whole mood of the film.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Unrelated to Endgame, I finally got around to watching Into the Spiderverse, and man it was amazing. I'm not gonna debate pros and cons between movies, and perhaps it's futile to try and analyse it, but I just had so much more fun watching it compared to any other Marvel movie I've watched in recent years.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

One of the few recent superhero movies I was actually excited to see, but didn't. Argh.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Thor's breakdown actually is reasonable, [...]
    It is, but the writers could have done something different. At the very least, they shouldn't have used it for comic relief so much.

Blog Entries
    The jokes might have been a bit heavy handed but I think it was supposed to tie into the "don't worry about what you or anyone else thinks you SHOULD be just be the best you that you are" arc of his plot this time

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they probably also just wanted to lighten up the movie given how comparatively grim it is and fat jokes are low hanging fruit, so, maybe it's just that after all and I'm giving them too much credit

Blog Entries
    The actual comic relief is Scott, which is pretty over the top when he is the key person to turn the tide.

I agree Thor being a comic relief is pretty badly done since he is obviously suffering from a serious case of PTSD here.

Blog Entries
    Scott's gravitas all comes from his family interaction. Having no one (Tom Holland) to bounce off of hurts his chances at being serious near Avengers or having any chemistry.

US Friend Code
    After watching the first couple MCU movies last September I've spent the last week watching more. Still not done, but up to Homecoming I think it, IM1, Cap 2, and GotG1 are my favorites so far.

This weekend I watched the Dark Phoenix movie, and holy fuck, 2 attempt, 2, is not possible they can make a Jean Phoenix more interesting that a piece of cardboard?

Right? And what's more baffling is that Claremont's writing is rarely (if ever) subtle, certainly never during the Dark Phoenix arc.

I think part of the issue is that they jump straight to Dark Phoenix instead of taking the slower route.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    It turns out that having the guy that wrote an abysmal Phoenix Saga Adaptation in The Last Stand write the new Phoenix Saga movie was not a great move!

What a shocking twist!!!