Page 1 of 110 12361151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

You can discuss all about currently released and future MCU movies here

Blog Entries
    I suppose I shall be one the to start.

Ahem.

Just got to watch Captain America and Thor, have to say I quite enjoyed the forays.

I'll keep watching if their as good as those.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    Of what I've seen, Thor was actually pretty run of the mill. Have yet to watch Cap though. Iron Man 1/2 were fantastic and I can't wait for 3.

Blog Entries
    I liked Thor solely because of the coffee scene. And also the South Park episode about the History Channel.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    The black guy guarding the gate was also great.

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Thor was pretty average, nothing much of substance and you could definitely feel like it was a movie to set up for the Avengers. Captain America was genuinely good though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I liked Thor solely because of the coffee scene. And also the South Park episode about the History Channel.
    That SP ep was amazing. Did you see the Inception one?

I enjoyed all of the Avengers backstory movies, to varying degrees, Iron Man being the best. I am interested to see how they plan to use Mark Ruffalo in 5 new flicks.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Pretty damn awesome
    Iron man 3 "Destroyed" The Avengers Overseas Opening
    Not gonna be out till Friday here, and I'm not gonna see it 'til a week after that but still, DYYAMMNNN

GET HYPE FUCKERS

IBooBies

Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    Well, my dick just went Beast Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Evangelion 3.33, Your Boner Can (Not) Rise

Oh wow. Makes sense though, I can't think of a single thing wrong with Iron Man 3. Except maybe referencing certain events from the Avengers, which some people might not have watched before it.
    Last edited by Rockxas; April 28th, 2013 at 04:31 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shouldn't really be an issue. Its like comic book references. If it doesn't make sense to people, it just goes 'whoosh' over their heads. At this point though, its fair to assume that people who are watching Iron Man 3 have watched Avengers.

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockxas View Post
    Oh wow. Makes sense though, I can't think of a single thing wrong with Iron Man 3. Except maybe referencing certain events from the Avengers, which some people might not have watched before it.
    They give the necessary bits to get it. Not the whole picture but enough.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thor 2 was… okay. The story was… okay. Christopher Eccleston was… okay. Rather misused actually. Loki was the best part really.

post-credits scene
    who cares, infinity gems, infinity gems, yess, yess, infinity gems.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Okay:

Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    fuck laith btw

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought the movie was hysterical, myself, and rather in the vein of the first one, as being a good "popcorn muncher" - you sit back, disengage brain, and enjoy the ride.

I'm trying to figure out when I can see it again - and yeah, that scene was cool.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Saw Thor 2 yesterday, I will say I'm glad I saw it in theaters, cus that shit was definitely made for it
    plot wise it was pretty predictable, alot of the "twists" i feel you could see coming a mile away, ... well if you had even that much time
    like seriously
    the whole Loki "betraying" Thor thing lasted all of 40 seconds before they were like LOLNOHP

but yeah was pretty enjoyable to watch, even if Natalie Portman was Macguffining it up

also
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT BENICIO DEL TORO AS THE COLLECTOR
    ugh i know its probably old news, but ive been pretty behind with keeping up with this shit, and just seeing him pop up as that character was fuckign awesome, really wanna see what he does with it in GotG or whether theyll try and throw him in when they actually have Thanos as the main villain... although we still have 3 more "stones" to hype up so might not be until Avengers 4 =_=

IBooBies

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lilithsama View Post
    Saw Thor 2 yesterday, I will say I'm glad I saw it in theaters, cus that shit was definitely made for it
    Yup.

plot wise it was pretty predictable, alot of the "twists" i feel you could see coming a mile away, ... well if you had even that much time
    like seriously
    the whole Loki "betraying" Thor thing lasted all of 40 seconds before they were like LOLNOHP

but yeah was pretty enjoyable to watch, even if Natalie Portman was Macguffining it up
    It's what I call a "popcorn muncher" - you sit back, eat your popcorn, and just enjoy it. No serious thinking required. And you watch it for the performances of the people in it; I mean, they've got major talent here, and they're all so obviously enjoying it, so how can you not?

also
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT BENICIO DEL TORO AS THE COLLECTOR
    ugh i know its probably old news, but ive been pretty behind with keeping up with this shit, and just seeing him pop up as that character was fuckign awesome, really wanna see what he does with it in GotG or whether theyll try and throw him in when they actually have Thanos as the main villain... although we still have 3 more "stones" to hype up so might not be until Avengers 4 =_=
    Count again - they've revealed two, and there are six. (Though oddly enough, I wouldn't have pegged that one as the blue one . . .)

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Count again - they've revealed two, and there are six. (Though oddly enough, I wouldn't have pegged that one as the blue one . . .)
    Makes sense tho. It does represent
    Spoiler:
    Space as Aether represents Strength. If my memory of the gems is not failing me.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    I cant math
    but yeah that means waits gonna be even longer, but all the more hype.... maybe

and eh
    I can get them upgrading the cosmic cube/"tesseract" to an infinity gem, since the reality gem is basically a suped up version of it anyways, but meh, i really dont know if theyre gonna stick with same colors/gems
    they did go ahead and switch the name to "Stones" (although that could just be because saying gems over and over would start sounding uber gay), but i dunno, maybe theyre doing the name change so they can play around with the concept and make their own version of them
    or they could have just dropped the ball and after 3+ movies decided "fuck it, reality gem is blue now"

IBooBies

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Makes sense tho. It does represent
    Spoiler:
    Space as Aether represents Strength. If my memory of the gems is not failing me.
    Spoiler:
    In the comics universe, Red = Power (makes sense, given the Aether's effect), Yellow = Reality, Green = Soul, Orange = Time, Purple = Space, and Blue = Mind, which I really don't see the Tesseract being.

I cant math
    but yeah that means waits gonna be even longer, but all the more hype.... maybe

and eh
    I can get them upgrading the cosmic cube/"tesseract" to an infinity gem, since the reality gem is basically a suped up version of it anyways, but meh, i really dont know if theyre gonna stick with same colors/gems
    they did go ahead and switch the name to "Stones" (although that could just be because saying gems over and over would start sounding uber gay), but i dunno, maybe theyre doing the name change so they can play around with the concept and make their own version of them
    or they could have just dropped the ball and after 3+ movies decided "fuck it, reality gem is blue now"
    OK, yeah - that wouldn't be the first change they've made, would it?

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Finally saw Thor 2.

Well, I could nitpick every instance (not really, I don't want to), but in the end let's say this movie was... really, really silly.

Not in a "what the fuck am I watching?" way, but still not in a good way. There were a lot of "mmmyeh, really, no" stuff going on.

Some things to say though: I realized how good Hiddleston is in portraying Loki. I mean, he is Loki, incarnated. He totally portrays a character that feels "real". On the other hand, though, Natalie Portman's Jane Foster is completely superfluous).

Dem hints at the Infinity Gems~

AND THAT POST CREDIT SCENE, MEN. I was totally blown away. Like literally, "shiiiiiiiit!!". I was already surprised at Loki's betrayal, but okay, I could have expected that, but not the post credit scene!

[spoiler=also]HOLY FUCKING SHIT BENICIO DEL TORO AS THE COLLECTOR
    Ah, that's him! I knew I had already seen that face!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Spoiler:
    In the comics universe, Red = Power (makes sense, given the Aether's effect), Yellow = Reality, Green = Soul, Orange = Time, Purple = Space, and Blue = Mind, which I really don't see the Tesseract being.
    To be fair (or better, as not a particular hardcore comic fan), I'd say that switching the colors (and relative powers) of some gems is a minor and overall irrelevant change.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Well, shit. I need to go see this.