Thread: F\SN & Realta\Nua patch

F\SN & Realta\Nua patch

I recently managed to get my hands on the F\SN game discs and I also downloaded the English patch.But I have a few questions.1.Will the Mirror Moon English patch activate the voice-overs or will I need the RealtaNua patch for that?2.What new features does the Realta\Nua patch include? Anything good?3.If i decide to get the Realta\Nua patch,can I simply download it from the internet(I know it is available) or would I need the Realta\Nua game discs to make the patch work?4.Does the Realta\Nua patch censore some parts of the original game?Thanks in advance and please forgive me if any of the questions are noobish(This is only my 2nd Vn after Tsukihime!)

Blog Entries
    You need the Realta Nua game disc itself for voiceovers, you'll see an option to include them on the mirrormoon patch. As for the Realta Nua patch itself, you don't need the disc. I think just some additional cool CGs and the H-alt scenes are added.
    I actually have no clue about the censorship lol but I'm sure someone else does.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, at this point I don't think the H-alt scenes have been added to the patch yet, so it doesn't "censor" anything at the moment.

The voice patch is part of the Mirror Moon patch. You need the RN PS2 disc (or else a non-physical version of the disc ifyouknowwhatimean).
    Last edited by Kotonoha; July 30th, 2012 at 10:06 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The RN patch doesn't censor the game at all, to my knowledge. It just adds the extra RN CGs and music.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    The RN patch doesn't censor the game at all, to my knowledge. It just adds the extra RN CGs and music.
    This was my experience as well.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Also, it doesn't show any H-Alt scenes. I have the newest patch and am replaying the game, and still saw the H-scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Thanks for your responses !
    I ran Mirror Moon's v3.2 English Patch and installed the translated game in the E:\Fate folder. I have also downloaded the Realta Nua patch to E: drive,extracted the files 4_2.xp3 and novoice.xp3 and renamed them to patch4.xp3 and patch5.xp3 respectively.
    But now what should I do ? The Readme that came with the download seems to suggest that I have to just copy the files to E:\Fate folder.
    Will that be enough?
    And is there any way to test if the Realta Nua patch was applied successfully?
    I am using the voiceless version.
    Please help if u can.

JP Friend Code
    Yeah, all you have to do is put the correctly named patch files into the Fate folder. You can see if it's working by checking the Another section in the Gallery (Extra -> Gallery). If it has 8 pages, the patch should be good to go.

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    I have the game and downloaded the patch but I don't get the menu when I start I instead start off with the Are you my master scene. Is this normal. Also I can't get solidfiles to work to download the latest patch. Any ideas.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Probably the save data of the normal game is incompatible with the save data of the patched game, but that's nothing a good ol' Ctrl button mash can't solve.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Its a brand new game from the beginning, just got it in the mail today.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's normal, the menu screen comes up when you finish the prologue.

I've got the patch and when I got to the UBW finale where Shirou is creating UBW the game crashes and won't let me advance to another scene and its only that one spot but since its my first time through I don't have any other saves ahead of that point so I can't advance to HF. Any ideas.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai Burnout View Post
    I've got the patch and when I got to the UBW finale where Shirou is creating UBW the game crashes and won't let me advance to another scene and its only that one spot but since its my first time through I don't have any other saves ahead of that point so I can't advance to HF. Any ideas.
    Reinstalling and 'Ctrl'-plowing till that point OR finding a UBW save file. Other than that, i've got nothing. ._.
    Last edited by LoyaltL; April 12th, 2013 at 07:20 AM.