Page 103 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3539398101102103104105108113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2483

Thread: [FF] Trinity VII: The Twilight (Type-Moon/Harry Potter X-over)

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    On a different tangent . . . People have often asked me, over the years, who I'd cast as certain Trinity characters. In terms of voice actors, it's easy. I always figured Maaya Sakamoto would be Takara in Japanese, while Amanda Winn-Lee would play her in English; for Galen, I'm told Daniel Southworth is a good fit - I never did find a Japanese voice I liked for him, though. Actual actors, on the other hand, are obviously trickier.

But, given recent exposure, I think Christina Masterson would make a good Takara, if you gave her a set of blue contacts.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maaya Sakamoto ( in her Shiki voice) as Takara would be a little too... husky, imo, although maybe for her angry tones.....

I kind of have her pegged as a Tomatsu Haruka( e.g Asuna) , Saitou Chiwa ( Senjougahara Hitagi) or Sawashiro Miyuki ( Saeko Busujima) although her yamato nadeshiko tone would probably Chihara Minori ( Nagato Yuki)

Galen needs a Suwabe Junichi (Archer, Duh) or maybe Takeuchi Shunsuke (although if he's gonna be THAT basso.... *laughs*)
    Last edited by hatori; December 10th, 2015 at 12:05 PM.
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    Maaya Sakamoto ( in her Shiki voice) as Takara would be a little too... husky, imo, although maybe for her angry tones.....
    I was kind of leaning towards her "Aura" voice for Nanaya, actually, and "Lunamaria Hawke" for her schoolgirl side.

I kind of have her pegged as a Tomatsu Haruka( e.g Asuna) , Saitou Chiwa ( Senjougahara Hitagi) or Sawashiro Miyuki ( Saeko Busujima) although her yamato nadeshiko tone would probably Chihara Minori ( Nagato Yuki)
    I'd have to hear them all again to hear the differences - it's been too long since I've watched anything on the Japanese track.

Galen needs a Suwabe Junichi (Archer, Duh) or maybe Takeuchi Shunsuke (although if he's gonna be THAT basso.... *laughs*)
    Maybe. Daniel Southworth was picked because, according to Elf, he's closest to my own speaking voice. I will admit to some depth to my voice, though it's rarely consistent. I can't do Darth Vader unless I really lower the volume, for example, which spoils the effect.

. . . And no comment on her "real" appearance?

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    some of them, I can help u with, if u want to hear some voice tracks.

*cue kancolle links*

Voiced by Taketatsu Ayana : http://www51.atpages.jp/kancollev/kc...hp?f=0&c=136v1

as for her appearance, I already have enough imagination in mind. *chuckles*
    Last edited by hatori; December 11th, 2015 at 08:50 AM.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Fair enough - and thanks.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Hey Kieran, some of the character themes on the first page are MIA.
    I only post at 1:00... In 24 hour time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikigod784 View Post
    The Blue NTRs various harem protagonists before their harems are created, creating a inverted-shota-harem with broken stats that she steals from their future canon selves. No regrets, this is the only path.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads-up - I've fixed the only non-functional one I've found.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    OK - sadly, you're only getting a progress update rather than an actual update, tonight. Trying to bring my schedule back into something resembling working order has been difficult, and with my boss's imminent retirement and my sister's imminent birthday (both in the same week), it's not likely to get easier over the next little while.

On to the good news: I have completed 5 pages, and one scene. Depending on how this plays out, then, I'm either half-done, a third done, or somewhere in-between - which means that an update next Sunday is not actually impossible . . .

Here's hoping - and as always, I'm sorry for making you wait so long.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Good luck with your schedule and the chapter, and thanks for the update
    "I am the core of my thoughts ; Belief is my body ; And choice is my blood
    I have revised over a thousand judgments
    Unafraid of loss ; Nor aware of gain
    Have withstood pain to update many times
    Waiting for truth's arrival. ; This is the one uncertain path.
    My whole life has been... ; Unlimited Bayes Works !"

- HP and the Methods of Rationality, Omake 4 : FATE/SANE NIGHT

Blog Entries
    Thanks - and while I know I've been quiet, of late, I don't intend to be one of those authors that just disappears; I'll try my best to keep you aware of what's going on, so you don't wonder whether or not your favourite fic will ever be finished.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Thanks for the update

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    I don't intend to be one of those authors that just disappears; I'll try my best to keep you aware of what's going on, so you don't wonder whether or not your favourite fic will ever be finished.
    Thank you for that too. I'm quiet and patient but i want you to know that fans don't forget you just like that because it's slower or they don't comment often.
    I still expect much of that seventh year. No pressure of course
    Take the time you need, you're not alone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by belby View Post
    Thank you for that too. I'm quiet and patient but i want you to know that fans don't forget you just like that because it's slower or they don't comment often.
    I still expect much of that seventh year. No pressure of course
    Take the time you need, you're not alone.
    And while it took me far too long to tell you so, that means a great deal to me - thank you.

In any case, while I'm sorry it's a largely fluffy chapter, (I'm still manoeuvring pieces into places before I can get to the meaty action stuff), the wait is over! Enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of Kinoko Nasu and Type-Moon, along with anyone who's happened to license them, like Geneon or Funimation. Harry Potter and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of J.K. Rowling, along with her publishers and Warner Bros., as regards the movie material.

This is a not-for-profit, just-for-fun project.

Writer's Note: Certain dialogue sequences in this story are lifted from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, but I trust in the intelligence of my readers (and the availability of the books) to recognise them.

Chapter 69 – Family and Friends

December 6 - 7, 1997

The airfield was private, bought by Touko upon her brother’s posting to London; an entirely non-magical transaction that had gone unrecorded by the British Ministry of Magic. A carefully-worded Fidelius Charm had later been added to its enchantments, once that particular magic had been uncovered; it was, even the more diehard Nihonjin would admit, a very useful one, regardless of its ultimate origin.

The overall result was an airfield that existed, so far as the real world was concerned, but was utterly unknown to enemies of the Aozaki. It had been very useful, over the years, for such things as smuggling Sirius Black out of the country . . .

And, on days like today, for being smuggled back in to it.

Takara paced restlessly, needing to move, to burn off the nervous energy that tensed inside her body. All the reassurances in the world, from multiple sources, were useless to her; she needed to see her parents – her father – all right and intact. And it didn’t help that some of Galen’s natural paranoia had rubbed off over the years, and it was giving her visions of all the ways that this could still manage to go disastrously wrong.

And neither was she helped by the fact that for the moment, at least, she was alone.

Partly as a security measure to prevent drawing too much attention, and partly because they’d volunteered to brief the Prime Minister in order to allow this reunion, the Einzberns were taking a different method home. Naturally, that meant that Shirou and Ilya had gone to meet with them – and as for the rest of her friends . . .

Well, even without her innate distaste for daylight activity, placing Hermione within sight or sense of her vampire-loathing mother was just asking for trouble. Takara would personally like to keep that little secret as long as possible – preferably until long after all of them were dead. Ginny had gone to fetch her brother and sister-in-law as part of the briefing; Neville and Luna were planning and working on the next defence lessons for the students of Hogwarts, and Galen—

Galen had said, with quiet conviction, “This is a time for family, Takara – and I’m not. Maybe that will change, eventually, but for now . . .” He’d shrugged. “You’re about to meet your baby sister, Takara. It’s private, and I won’t intrude.”

Takara suspected that he was projecting a bit of his own family issues, there; he loved his own baby sister, but they were hardly close – and given some of the problems with his extended family, he regarded good relations with its core members as paramount. She could hardly blame him for that, however inconvenient she currently found it.

And there was one bright spot: that his expression had softened, then, as he added, “But that said, Takara . . . Call me, if you need me.”

It was, she knew, a sign of the depth of his feelings for her that, though he would hate intruding, he’d do it anyway if she asked him to. Not that Takara really thought he would be intruding, if her mother’s feelings on the subject matched her father’s – but if she was to be perfectly honest, she wasn’t quite ready to broach that subject with Mother, yet . . .

Her train of thought was immediately derailed as her mother entered the terminal, supporting her father.

The combat-trained aspect of her mind, the instinctive killer, noted that despite that support, her father didn’t seem in need of it; it was merely her mother’s instinct to hover that had her holding on to him – the rest of her, on the other hand, was too busy flying to him.

FATHER!

Time, or at least Takara’s sense of it, got a bit muddled, from there; to be frank, she didn’t really care about how much time might have passed. She was in her parents’ arms – the embrace of both of her parents, again, finally – and frankly, that was all that really mattered to her.

In a very real sense, for many years, that was all that had ever mattered to her – and she had it back, at last.

In the back of her head, a voice as soft as snow took a dark amusement in pointing out how similar her attitude, her willingness to sacrifice anything and everything, was to Galen’s. That same whisper wondered how there could possibly have been any doubt as to how perfect a match the two of them were – ever . . .

Takara sighed, mentally. Strictly speaking, Nanaya wasn’t a separate personality, any longer – or existing at all, really. Bloodline traits like those weren’t really compatible with the way the supernatural functioned in this world, so the part of her that she’d identified as “Nanaya” had been integrated into her conscious mind where possible, and outright erased where it hadn’t been. She was one whole person, now – at best, all that remained of her was the construct that Takara used as part of her aggressive Occlumency defence. Nanaya was no more than a subconscious whisper conjured up by Takara’s imagination, if she was anything at all.

. . . But apparently, none of that stopped her from being a smug little bitch when she was proven right.

Her father’s sudden murmuring drew her out of her thoughts. “. . . That’s two I owe Galen.”

Surprised, Takara pulled back. “I’m sorry?”

His expression was pleasant enough, but his tone was serious. “Your mother caught me up on what’s happened while I was . . .” He hesitated briefly, before settling on “Away. Even if she hadn’t, Hisui did warn me – but now, I’ve heard all the details. I owe him you, now, as well as your mother. Well, all your friends, really, but given what it cost him . . .

“He wouldn’t count it that way – you know he wouldn’t,” Takara said in what she hoped was a reassuring tone, while she winced inwardly.

While it was nice to see that her father’s already-good opinion of Galen had still managed to improve, it only made the eventual blow-up when and if they learned about Hermione – seem all the more foreboding. Her mother hated vampires; with good reason, yes, but it wasn’t a negotiable position. Father would be obligated to support her (and to a degree, agreed with her). But the sense of obligation he felt towards Galen would only serve to see him torn him more deeply between Mother and herself.

Because Takara had no doubt at all Galen would defend her, and Hermione, even against her parents, if he had to; they would be forced to kill him before he allowed Mother or Father to get to either of them, he would make sure of that. And if by some chance they managed to outmanoeuvre or overpower him . . .

She shivered, and did her best to repress it, lest her family feel it, and wonder why – but then her glowing godmother walked into the room, and she lost track of everything else.

Now, Arcueid wasn’t glowing in the literal sense (although, given her nature as a Veela, it was certainly possible for her to do so). Rather, she glowed in the way reserved for new brides and mothers: a ruddy, yet radiant bloom of colour on her face and a joyous light in her eyes. Always a breathtaking sight for as long as Takara had known her, the difference in her was even more striking; now the Veela dazzled like the sun where before she had enchanted like the moon.

And the scary thing was that she wasn’t even trying, really – all her attention, minus what was needed to move around without bumping into people or things – was focussed on the little wrapped bundle in her arms.

Naturally, Takara had to look, and so she moved towards the older female, and was greeted with one of the brightest smiles she’d ever seen Arcueid wear.

“Here she is, Taka-chan,” the Veela whispered. “This is Satsuki – your new little sister.”

It was interesting, seeing the similarities and differences between them – and they were visible. For example, even asleep, Takara could see that the shape of the baby’s eyes matched her own, favouring the almond configuration of the Japanese over Arcueid’s more Caucasian ones. Likewise, although she was just guessing, she suspected that Satsuki would tend towards the Japanese bone structure, as well. And given Arcueid’s height and general build, Satsuki would probably be tall, and more than likely well-endowed, when she was grown – but no matter how she turned out, she was guaranteed to be attractive.

. . . On the other hand, other traits could be ascribed to Satsuki with no guesswork whatsoever. For starters, she most certainly had her mother’s hair; a thin layer of fuzz atop her head, corn-silk soft and just as blonde, proved that. Likewise, if Ilya and Ai (not to mention Fleur and Gabrielle Delacour) were anything to go by, then those eyes of hers would be a pretty pale blue when they were open.

Most striking of all, however, was how tiny she was, even for a baby.

“She’s a – did you call her a ‘preemie,’ Ciel?” Arcueid near-whispered, causing Takara to blink in surprise at the realisation that she must have made that observation aloud.

“Yes, that’s the common term,” her mother replied, just as quietly. She sighed. “It’s been a long time since I’ve read those books, though – I’m not entirely sure what the state of modern medicine is now, regarding them.”

Takara blinked again, and her mother elaborated, “I had nine months to worry about you, Takara – nine months in a highly stressful situation, where even going for standard checkups were potentially dangerous. The chances of your being premature seemed a reasonable risk, so I read up. Alex I was less worried about, under the circumstances, so I didn’t bother refreshing my memory . . . And now, I wish I had – all I really remember is that preemies being as small as they are, they have trouble maintaining their body temperatures, so they need help to be kept warm.”

“And it’s been enough,” Arcueid answered warmly, even as Takara abruptly registered how much warmer the air in her godmother’s vicinity was – between the indoor environment and the physical closeness of her family, she hadn’t noticed it before. “Satsuki-chan has been all right, thanks to you.”

“Well, let’s get her behind some protections, so we can keep her that way,” Takara said quietly. “Can she take Portkey travel, or Apparition?”

“Neither is recommended for someone her age,” Mother said, and Takara nodded.

“All right; I have money, we can take a cab.” Normally, Takara would prefer her broom, but she was leery of Arcueid trying to hold on to the baby and keep her seat at the same time. “Do you remember where we’re staying at the moment?”

“Yes,” Father answered. “Your aunts took care to remind us of all the hiding spots before we left.”

“Good,” Takara said with relief. “The homeowner’s there, so he can let you in.” So far as they knew there wasn’t any such thing as a Taboo in this world, or any real reason to place Galen’s name on it, since he was supposed to be dead – but she didn’t see any point in taking chances. “We’ll meet you there.”

“Be careful,” her father advised as he hugged her, “and remember that we love you.”

“Take care, kitten,” her mother murmured in Japanese with her hug, adding, “I am so proud of you.”

As she returned the gesture and sentiments, Takara was acutely aware of the knife twisting guiltily in her heart, even as she led her godmother and newest family member away.

There is just no way that this is going to end well, is there . . . ?

Ginny was really starting to understand why the older members of the Seven seemed to like teaching combat techniques so much. There was a certain pride in seeing the awe on people’s faces when they mastered something you’d taught them – and it was nearly as much fun as seeing the looks on their faces when you showed off in the first place.

Aside from that, however, it was a legal excuse to beat the daylights out of people – and considering the natures and characters of some of the people she was working with lately . . .

Parvati Patil wasn’t too bad, so long as her sister was around to keep her grounded – but Padma Patil seemed to be the only Ravenclaw with any sense. Even leaving aside a certain tendency amongst the seventh-years to look down on her because she was younger, so many of the others refused to deviate from the available dueling texts, it was painful.

. . . Actually, it was painful for them, mostly; Ginny had developed a habit of using Stinging Hexes whenever she found an opening. A couple of them had fast enough reflexes to avoid her the first time – but she’d been sparring with Takara Aozaki for years. Learning how to chain spells together and make minimal aim adjustments to cover wide swathes of ground and box your opponent in was practically lesson one, if you wanted to tag her.

She’d managed to avoid throwing anything explosive (literally), yet, but if the so-called “Smart House” didn’t get a clue and start getting more creative . . .

The Hufflepuffs were nearly as bad, but for mostly different reasons. Unlike the Ravenclaws, they had the teamwork aspect of the drills down; she usually ended up dodging or shielding against multiple spells, and often from oblique angles. True, they did tend to get predictable, just like the Ravenclaws did, sticking with one or two common variations of attack, but the main problem with the ‘Puffs was something else entirely.

In a nutshell, it was that they fought defensively, almost exclusively. There was no real sense of aggression for them, no instinct to take her out before she got to them. They would cast Shield Charms, they would dodge out of her way, but there was rarely any retaliation from them. Holding her off seemed to be their primary goal, with nothing beyond that.

I suppose the only good thing is that they’re learning that, with enough numbers, they can do that, Ginny thought to herself ruefully. It’s certainly an improvement over the “panic, and wait to die” reflex that seems to have happened to most witches and wizards in the past.

But I’m only one witch, and even if I got
    everyone here at once to help demonstrate, we’d only be a handful. Considering that Riddle has potentially hundreds at his command . . .

As of her entrance into sixth year, Ginny was aware that Hogwarts’ enrollment currently stood at about five hundred-plus students; barely more than half of its maximum capacity, but reasonable when you took into account the circumstances. The year she’d been born was the year after the first war, after all: when people were celebrating, but not entirely sure that the threat was gone. The years of peace following that had encouraged population growth, but adding in the recent troubles with dying and/or disappearing Ministers . . .

Well, fear and/or paranoia had prevented Britain from throwing caution to the wind entirely.

Regardless, the population was usually split more or less equally along house lines, but there was presently a discrepancy, in that all the mundane-born (and a good number of half-bloods) had been evacuated from Britain prior to the takeover. This meant that while a good two-fifths of the castle’s students were currently not present, while there were still over a hundred Slytherins in the castle.

While not all of them might be Death Eaters, they still weren’t good odds. Worse, pure-bloods made up roughly 20% of the population, and while concentrated in Slytherin, they were in every house, and not all those who weren’t in Slytherin were “blood traitors.” And when you included the fact that there were half-bloods who were passing as pure – or who just didn’t want to rock the boat . . .

It meant that they were looking at a third of the school as enemies, and could potentially be looking at least half of it – and that was before considering the addition of foreign wizards, or Dark creatures like Dementors or werewolves. Or even just measures like the Imperius, to turn people against them.

. . . No, Ginny conceded, there were just too many of them. As good as she was – as good as all seven of them were – not even they could take on the total of Riddle’s resources and win, or even properly defend themselves. And if that was true for them, the students here would be helpless, unless they were properly trained; and unless they learned quickly. Which meant that she needed to be here, doing this, especially since they’d only managed to get to perhaps an eighth of the endangered students, so far.

These were facts of which she was very well aware; constantly aware, really. And it made her glad, for the very first time in her life, that she’d inherited her mother’s temper; it made her a drill instructor of a calibre equal to Mrs. Aozaki herself (adjusting for their relative experience). That it was giving her a reputation as a red-haired little martinet (Hermione’s expression, after hearing her recounting of the situation) was something she’d have to live with – and that would require that she, and those she trained, did.

Despite all that, however, Ginny still wanted to go out and bust some Death Eater heads. It was just her nature to want to be active – and where possible, proactive. And her preference was for being direct; it wasn’t her fault, it was genetic!

She smiled at the memory that thought brought up, of a long-ago conversation:

“Your father enchanted a car to fly, your mother’s preferred method of scolding involves Howlers, your oldest brother wears fangs as earrings, and your second-oldest brother wrestles dragons for a living. And the twins hardly need be mentioned . . . With all that as evidence, Ginny, you have to admit that it seems to be a family trait: Weasleys don’t really do ‘subtle,’ as a general rule.”

Galen’s voice had been wry, but not unkind. With the benefit of hindsight and maturity, she could see now that he had been teasing, a little, but it really had been meant mostly as a joke, and partly as an indirect bit of advice, to use that expectation against people. What the redhead remembered most about that conversation was Hermione’s voice, drier than any of Binns’ lectures, as she’d immediately responded to that.

“I’m so glad to see you making Miss Kettle’s acquaintance, Mister Pot; you have so very much in common.”

The werewolf had good-naturedly acknowledged that jibe as being “more than true enough,” and from then on, Ginny had started to relax a bit more around the older (and honestly, weirder) students. Hermione was friendly enough, but her intellect was a little intimidating – and Galen was just plain intimidating, period. Add in her crush on Shirou and admiration of Takara, and it was a wonder that she’d managed to become friends with the group at all . . .

But times like those, as much as anything else, had been why. None of them had judged her for being poor, or “another Weasley,” or even just a little girl. They’d welcomed her in joining their studies – academic, martial, mental or physical – and hadn’t held back . . . But they’d also made a point of doing what they could to help her keep up and keep her pride at the same time. And whenever she’d impressed them, they’d made sure to tell her so.

All in all, they’d been nice friends to grow up with – and she’d missed them, and the crazy adventures they’d dragged her into. So the sooner they got around to finishing the planning for the Gringotts job, the better – and oh Merlin, how sad was it that she was thinking of robbing one of the most dangerous places in Britain as a bonding experience?

Then Luna came into her field of vision, and Ginny’s self-reflection took a sharper turn. Partly, it was a wry internal observation that Luna never seemed to miss a cue . . . But mostly, it was just wondering why she looked so sad.

“I miss Colin,” the blonde answered with a sigh. Ginny blinked, and Luna added with a shrug, “With that expression on your face, you were either wondering what I was thinking about, or you’d picked up a Nargle infestation.”

Ginny suppressed her smile before it got past the lip-twitching stage, and concentrated on the more important part. As forgotten and useless as she’d been feeling, this was a reminder that Luna had it worse – at least Neville was around . . .

“He’s safer where he is,” the redhead said, gently but firmly. “And would you really want him in the thick of the fights that are coming?”

Luna blanched, “No.

Ginny was surprised, not just by the vehemence of her response, but the physical reaction. Luna was normally so serene that the sudden change, bordering on outright panic, was chilling to witness —

And then the redhead remembered that, in the histories they’d been told of, Colin died in the last battle against the Death Eaters.

“I’m sorry,” Ginny said. “That was thoughtless of me . . . Maybe it’s Wrackspurts that got me, instead of Nargles?”

“Perhaps,” the petite blonde admitted. “In which case, we’d best apply ice cream immediately.”

Ginny grinned. According to Luna, the pain of brain freeze was one of the most effective ways to drive off Wrackspurts – and upon hearing that, not one of them had contradicted her as to their possible inexistence.

“Sounds good,” Ginny said. “Besides, it’s traditional to have ice cream when talking about boys, isn’t it?”

“Hermione never disagreed with Takara when she said it,” Luna admitted. “And if any research disagreed with the idea, she would know.”

“Then I say it’s an ancient Japanese tradition worth following,” Ginny said, knowing perfectly well it wasn’t anything of the kind – but this sort of banter was what they did. “Let’s get dishing. What should we ask the house elves for – chocolate, vanilla, cookie dough?”

Luna brightened as she considered, and Ginny felt better for seeing it, before the blonde mused lightly, “I wonder if they have mint chocolate chip . . .?”

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    yay! Satsuki! Sacchin!

When I go random.

it made her glad, for the very first time in her life, that she’d inherited her mother’s temper; it made her a drill instructor of a calibre equal to Mrs. Aozaki herself (adjusting for their relative experience). That it was giving her a reputation as a red-haired little martinet (Hermione’s expression, after hearing her recounting of the situation) was something she’d have to live with – and that would require that she, and those she trained, did.
    Ginny makes such a fearful instructor ! O_o
    I'm very glad they started training people seriously. Since they don't really have the time to make real fighters out of them, some 'dirty' strategies used by people formed to non conventional methods could do the trick to achieve , erm... stuff ^^. Wait and see
    "I am the core of my thoughts ; Belief is my body ; And choice is my blood
    I have revised over a thousand judgments
    Unafraid of loss ; Nor aware of gain
    Have withstood pain to update many times
    Waiting for truth's arrival. ; This is the one uncertain path.
    My whole life has been... ; Unlimited Bayes Works !"

- HP and the Methods of Rationality, Omake 4 : FATE/SANE NIGHT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    yay! Satsuki! Sacchin!
    Yeah - Ai now has competition for "most adorablest."

Quote Originally Posted by Malphas View Post
    Ginny makes such a fearful instructor ! O_o
    Well, I figure given her mother (and possibly, the example of Oliver Wood as an instructor . . .), she can be rather terrifying.

I'm very glad they started training people seriously. Since they don't really have the time to make real fighters out of them, some 'dirty' strategies used by people formed to non conventional methods could do the trick to achieve , erm... stuff ^^. Wait and see
    There are two points in Ginny's favour: first, standard wizarding combat is easier to teach (read: more simplistic/less creative) than most mundane self-defence systems; and second, Ciel is back in the country - and she literally does this for a living. That, of course, makes her the "go-to" source for the quick and dirty methods of turning untrained civilians into something approximating a credible defence force - fast.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

*Shakes head* Even I'm not that cruel - and even supposing that I wanted to do that, I have no idea how to logically explain it.

. . . However, a side-story involving breaking out of Heaven and storming the gates of Hell to get Hermione back - that, I could see writing.
    Hmm, or perhaps Hermione doing all that in the opposite direction...

On a side note, I am surprised - it's been months since I've paid any attention to this thread - and that there was only that much progress... I'm divided - I was worried and hopeful in equal measure that the story was already over!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Faraway-R View Post
    Hmm, or perhaps Hermione doing all that in the opposite direction...
    Well, I did write her as Takara's demonic contractor . . .

On a side note, I am surprised - it's been months since I've paid any attention to this thread - and that there was only that much progress... I'm divided - I was worried and hopeful in equal measure that the story was already over!
    For that, I have to blame real life - and the fact that I'm actually getting something that resembles a life. Between the recent holidays, work (we've been short-staffed for months, now), my workout sessions (you'd really think those would get less painful as time goes by, but nooo . . . ), and the fact that I've started running games again, my writing time and/or energy is not what it used to be.

For what it's worth, I am sorry - but I'm kind of stuck with it.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Eh, don't worry. It's not like I was all free the last months.

As for that snippet... The only relevant question to ask is who is supposed to be the contractor to Illyasviel?

Blog Entries
    Well, either I'd crib off a Bayonetta crossover fic I like, and give her Astarte (the goddess who inspired the demon Astaroth), or I'd follow a canon route, and take advantage of Ilya's "snow fairy" theme and Germanic heritage to give her the Demon Queen Odile.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette