Page 11 of 125 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162161111 ... LastLast

Thread: [FF] Trinity VII: The Twilight (Type-Moon/Harry Potter X-over)

Blog Entries
    I enjoyed the poisoned tooth idea.

Also, do not fuck with the Weasleys. Ever.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

C-Rank Presence Ignored TheAbsolutistsCreed's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    068,149,146/IGN: Emprisk
    Now if only Seamus was around you could include a little bit on how 'no one messes with me with impunity,' type deal that is usually standard with scots... I would know since I have dabbles of that gene pool in me and it's almost genetic for me to resist tyranny in all its forms. They're certainly channeling them.

If you need any ideas on breaking and entering magically or defending in the same capacity, then check out Chapter 44 of Partially Kissed Hero at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4240771/...ly-Kissed-Hero . It has a lot of good points on the matter and is actually something I can read given the writer actually thinks rather then going along simple lines like: Finding out bad guy's plans, succeeding in every endeavor behind his back in warring against the big bad and then winning with nothing left to it. When the entirety of the story is focused on this with black and white characters and the actions taken to the end without any flaws in it, or any particular individuals to even go through with them... I abhor those kinds of stories and there are simply too many of them. They may be good for lols, but no sense of fulfillment at all.

In fact, that's basically the HP series in a nutshell. On a side note nostalgia of a Mr. Potato head comes to mind.

Edit: I'm going to have a lot of fun poking and prodding at stories I'm working on for fun. I hope you have a sense of fulfillment from this as well. And sorry for editing too much. Too much damn chatter up in the ol' noggin to leave it alone.
    Last edited by TheAbsolutistsCreed; November 26th, 2012 at 03:08 AM.
    US Story Support:

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiheKazeto View Post
    GMT+1, occasionally +2.

And yes, it's 4 AM there. I just happen to often have afternoon shifts (because I'm the sort of person who doesn't have any qualms about walking for half an hour near midnight to return home, as opposed to some other people who either would have to walk a lot more with no normal public transport [middle of the night, really] or are just plainly afraid to get anywhere by foot in the middle of the night) which makes waking up near midday (and thus going to sleep at about 4 AM) a rather tempting option.
    Ouch for the 4 AM part - but that's nice to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I enjoyed the poisoned tooth idea.
    Let's hear it for old spy stories.

Also, do not fuck with the Weasleys. Ever.
    And now, for even more reasons than before!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbsolutistsCreed View Post
    Now if only Seamus was around you could include a little bit on how 'no one messes with me with impunity,' type deal that is usually standard with scots... I would know since I have dabbles of that gene pool in me and it's almost genetic for me to resist tyranny in all its forms. They're certainly channeling them.
    Seamus is Irish, I'm afraid - but I know what you mean.

If you need any ideas on breaking and entering magically or defending in the same capacity, then check out Chapter 44 of Partially Kissed Hero at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4240771/...ly-Kissed-Hero . It has a lot of good points on the matter and is actually something I can read given the writer actually thinks rather then going along simple lines like: Finding out bad guy's plans, succeeding in every endeavor behind his back in warring against the big bad and then winning with nothing left to it. When the entirety of the story is focused on this with black and white characters and the actions taken to the end without any flaws in it, or any particular individuals to even go through with them... I abhor those kinds of stories and there are simply too many of them. They may be good for lols, but no sense of fulfillment at all.

In fact, that's basically the HP series in a nutshell. On a side note nostalgia of a Mr. Potato head comes to mind.
    Yeah, I know the story and the author. His SI story introduced me to D&D, which caused the creation of my druid character - and while he has his flaws (his SI is bloody near a "How Not To" textbook), he can still make it fun.

I'll revisit the chapter, just for tips. Thanks.

Edit: I'm going to have a lot of fun poking and prodding at stories I'm working on for fun. I hope you have a sense of fulfillment from this as well. And sorry for editing too much. Too much damn chatter up in the ol' noggin to leave it alone.
    I have that problem, too.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

well now we have a ex-counter guardian to organize the “Rebel Alliance” and Ginny is going to show what happens when you mess with the Weasleys
    the Death Eaters will never know what hit them. and that will hit them hard
    Last edited by lokoloki; November 26th, 2012 at 08:25 AM.

forward to the end of the word

my English is bad now because i still learning

US Friend Code
    Well, at least they're only bad enough to rate only a few Death Nibblers, and not the head honcho himself. He'll probably be after our trio (and maybe Neville if he wants to cut up some loose ends). Isn't that great!

Well... I suppose it's not surprise I get little facts like that wrong. Just goes to show how much hatred I have for wasting my time reading HP... Though being bored is a good reason...

Wait... he has a SI story? I've never seen it :/ ...
    Last edited by TheAbsolutistsCreed; November 26th, 2012 at 02:53 PM.
    US Story Support:

Blog Entries
    The "Otaku" series - though they don't completely connect. I came in with the fourth one, "Skysaber's Choice" - it's where I got the "cursed items shop" for Kurai in Grail Works.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I remember Partially Kissed Hero....

It started out good, but then Harry got all his negative traits removed, got a magical harem (In that they are magical beings and they come out of nowhere), and everyone who could have/has died got magical immortality in the past due to lol!timetravel. I just gave up trying after that....
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Well... I suppose it's not surprise I get little facts like that wrong. Just goes to show how much hatred I have for wasting my time reading HP... Though being bored is a good reason...
    Sorry, I forgot to mention earlier that I take that statement as a compliment - because you're still reading this, despite that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I remember Partially Kissed Hero....

It started out good, but then Harry got all his negative traits removed, got a magical harem (In that they are magical beings and they come out of nowhere), and everyone who could have/has died got magical immortality in the past due to lol!timetravel. I just gave up trying after that....
    Sadly, that's generally that author's problem.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

US Friend Code
    It's more like building off a good thing until it spirals off to crap. In fact, the same thing he's calling blood for with Bakamoto is the same thing he's doing. It's irony at it's greatest, then again, something to entertain oneself vs. a serious effort from beginning to end to tell a plausible story is a difference you have to appreciate in both works and take with a grain of salt. Not that it would be a stretch to say that they might be doing it purposefully.

And your welcome Kieran, though it's one thing to read a story just to entertain yourself, but another to actually fulfill your mind doing it. It's like playing MMORPG's to a degree... terribly wasteful of time on a simple and usually not different premise of effort needed to 'rise up.'

At least older games like Final Fantasy gave you a story until they play the 'new story' card with similar mechanics for newer versions. If you're looking for a good game, then FF isn't for you, while if you're looking for a story like I am it would be a good experience. Case in point I watched the FFXIII walkthrough from beginning to end and I just couldn't stop watching it until I finished. At least their characterization's are a lot better given the better graphics put into the newer versions so they can focus on things like facial expression or other subtle things like that. I could care less about actually playing the game.
    Last edited by TheAbsolutistsCreed; November 26th, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
    US Story Support:

It's more like building off a good thing until it spirals off to crap. In fact, the same thing he's calling blood for with Bakamoto is the same thing he's doing. It's irony at it's greatest, then again, something to entertain oneself vs. a serious effort from beginning to end to tell a plausible story is a difference you have to appreciate in both works and take with a grain of salt. Not that it would be a stretch to say that they might be doing it purposefully.
    I agree with that. His stories were fun on the beginning, where you could just laugh at the quasi-immature weirdness or bashing because it was silly, but later the plot appeared to get into a phase where it ought to become more serious and yet all we got was more weirdness and his characters becoming sues or heavier bashing.
    Not that I'm saying that the works he based his stories on were perfect, because they weren't (well, duh). But yeah, it's as if he was putting himself as some sort of impersonation of the main character and wanted no bad thing to happen to him.

And, of course, there's also the "harem" issue. Unless it's a really specific case where the one person who has a harem has some means to enforce its stability (and such a thing might be morally ambiguous), even "love triangles" can get very messy and so awkward that nobody gets together at the end, regardless of the intentions of people in it.
    “Evil or not, I refuse to accept this 'fate'.”

Spoiler:
    There is a need to preserve tension in battle scenes. Therefore, if the protagonist is strong, show battles from his foes' perspective.
    There is a need to pull reader in with emotional scenes. Therefore, when creating one, write it as if you were describing a painting.
    There is a need to give your reader relief with comedic scenes. Therefore, you need them short, and cut off from the drama.
    There is a need to create suspense with drama scenes. Therefore, show the thoughts of your characters, make readers relate to their problems.

And there is a need for you in all of your scenes.
    Create things you want to create; shape the world to your whim.
    For you are the author of your tale.

Blog Entries
    And, of course, there's also the "harem" issue. Unless it's a really specific case where the one person who has a harem has some means to enforce its stability (and such a thing might be morally ambiguous), even "love triangles" can get very messy and so awkward that nobody gets together at the end, regardless of the intentions of people in it.
    Which is one big reason I was very leery of doing what I've done with Galen, Takara and Hermione. Yes, I set up the laws regarding vampirism as a mechanism to do it, all the way back in Book 1, but I was never quite sure I was going to use it. If it weren't for the number of readers who were in open support of the idea, I wouldn't have - though what would've happened as a result, I can't say.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Luna:*drags kuni in* You have time away from home, class, and Final Fantasy IV TAY, go read and summarize. *throws kuni at monitor*
    *pouts, while cleaning monitor* Fine.
    Summary: in which Shirou muses on a werewolf and waiting, Amelia Bones achieves a Dying Moment of Awesome(Copyright), the Weasleys plan to return to Britain under cover, and I keep mistyping and capitalizing where I shouldn't.
    At the end of the day, I wonder how many living things Lulzylort will have killed in frustration from this pyhrric victory.
    Luna: *shrugs* RIP, Amelia Bones, the most badass Minister of Magic in kuni history. You shall be missed.
    Miscellany~
    Anyone who mentions THAT Majora's Mask meme gets to meet the Ladder. <- Is serious
    Reality Marble: Ascended Memorized Phantasm - Perfect Manikin Army
    I have been uncursed! My groin still hurts.
    I have a folder full of stolen avatars and sig pics. Short of mind-probing, no one's going to find it.
    I look away for a sec, and I'm suddenly attending a college called MGS.

A living portrait, a forgotten portrait... and Yoshi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Which is one big reason I was very leery of doing what I've done with Galen, Takara and Hermione. Yes, I set up the laws regarding vampirism as a mechanism to do it, all the way back in Book 1, but I was never quite sure I was going to use it. If it weren't for the number of readers who were in open support of the idea, I wouldn't have - though what would've happened as a result, I can't say.
    Well, to be fair, you've managed to handle it pretty skilfully. And you have both the "control" thing and emotions between all the harem members, so you went the most plausible route when it comes to being realistic with love triangles that do work (the implausible types being ones where either "A loves B loves C" or "A and C love B who loves them both").
    Last edited by YamiheKazeto; November 27th, 2012 at 05:37 PM.

Spoiler:
    There is a need to preserve tension in battle scenes. Therefore, if the protagonist is strong, show battles from his foes' perspective.
    There is a need to pull reader in with emotional scenes. Therefore, when creating one, write it as if you were describing a painting.
    There is a need to give your reader relief with comedic scenes. Therefore, you need them short, and cut off from the drama.
    There is a need to create suspense with drama scenes. Therefore, show the thoughts of your characters, make readers relate to their problems.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kuniKaiRoe View Post
    At the end of the day, I wonder how many living things Lulzylort will have killed in frustration from this pyhrric victory.
    Hard to say - he lost quite a few in the explosion, and the damage to the Ministry's records and such means he'll need all the help he can get.

Luna: *shrugs* RIP, Amelia Bones, the most badass Minister of Magic in kuni history. You shall be missed.
    Amen.

Well, to be fair, you've managed to handle it pretty skilfully. And you have both the "control" thing and emotions between all the harem members, so you went the most plausible route when it comes to being realistic with love triangles that do work (the implausible types being ones where either "A loves B loves C" or "A and C love B who loves them both").
    Thank you. I have tried, and it's nice to know I've succeeded.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

US Friend Code
    Nice to see you have such a springboard here... I have no doubt with everyone here that you've improved since you've started. I must be missing something though... what happened to Obliviation Man?

Most of the time when harems come up they're mindless and there's no character to it, and what is there you just have to ask, "What the fuck?" With Kieran's I can at least see it happening, though when it comes to many of the others... I'll stop here before I get into issues that are better discussed with the thread about Gabriel Blessing...
    US Story Support:

Blog Entries
    Nice to see you have such a springboard here... I have no doubt with everyone here that you've improved since you've started. I must be missing something though... what happened to Obliviation Man?
    Gilderoy Lockhart, you mean? He was killed in Book 5, allowing Amelia to step up as Minister.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

US Friend Code
    Thank you, I need to read that scene again then, hope it was in a manner befitting a liar .
    US Story Support:

Thank you, I need to read that scene again then, hope it was in a manner befitting a liar .
    He got spliced pretty badly when he teleported apparated Neville (and Galen + one of the girls, Luna if my memory is still usable, both under the death cloak) to the cemetery, and there he got a green light.
    Last edited by YamiheKazeto; November 29th, 2012 at 12:01 AM.

Spoiler:

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    actually, it was Ginny.
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

US Friend Code
    Cool thanks guys, I still need to re-read things though, I branch out into too many other readings...
    US Story Support: