Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 123471252102 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 2435

Thread: [FF] Trinity VII: The Twilight (Type-Moon/Harry Potter X-over)

  1. #21
    Jester of the Moon Cell's Sovereign Kieran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    According to most, my own little world
    Age
    39
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,538
    Blog Entries
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlitz View Post
    Update! . I find Ciel to be far more frightening than Rin. She has assault rifles! Takara and Hermione will eat those words.
    No doubt.


    The mighty Dark Lord has spoken! It's too bad laws and such never really stopped the Scarlet Seven.
    Point - but as he'll control immigration, he can detain them for even trying to enter the country. Between that and that fact that Galen is "dead," it seems to him that Neville will be all but defenceless, and if he is the prophesied child (unlikely, but possible), he'll be easier to kill. If it turns out to be Einzbern, at least he'll be far away from Voldemort, giving the Dark Lord time to consolidate his power against the boy.




    Quote Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
    Great chapter's I am ver much enjoying it and have copyed it onto a notepad for when I get a new ereader
    Did yours die on you? Sorry about that.




    Quote Originally Posted by YamiheKazeto View Post
    Yay, update. Read it, now will sleep, comments tomorrow.
    OK - sleep well.




    EDIT:

    Quote Originally Posted by torisuke View Post
    Wow, after dealing with Takara's Vampire issues all last book, the Takara/Hermoine bit spammed the "warm and fuzzy feelings" button hard for me, and Rin in hard-ass mode was pretty damn amusing. I'm also *almost* surprised that Voldemort could ignore the gigantic bulls-eye in the room (almost :P).
    Being saved from rape will do that for you - especially knowing what it means that you were able to be saved by that person.


    The Neville segment took the cake, IMHO; He's almost gained a full rank in GAR from his thought processes and preparations alone,and the "Whatever you say, Gran.” leitmotif was really touching. The fact that you've made Grandma Longbottom(who I spent a good chunk of the original books wanting to punch) a compelling character is pretty awesome, too.
    I'm working under the assumption that she was a grieving mother who fostered expectations that Neville just couldn't meet, and took it out on him (albeit, not physically) when he failed. But even in canon, she's quick enough with her praise when Neville shows some backbone and skill, so the fact that they had him working at it from year one (and his performance in the Triwizard, and onwards), she's a lot more supportive of him. Heck, she helped form LAPIS out of respect for Neville's friend!


    Anyways, I've updated the epub,PDF, and added a zip of raw Markdown-formatted .txt to the new chapter. With my mighty Regex Sword of Asterisk Smiting, cleared out all the conversion oddities I could find, so books 1-6 should now be clean. I added all the youtube links into both versions, but a good chunk of links are dead, so you'll have to ask Kieran what the links were supposed to be to if youtube won't say the name.
    Are they? Damn - sorry about that.


    To keep from polluting this thread with useless ebook updates, I'm going to keep all of the links the same from this point on and throw any important info as an edit on this post, and add something to my sig saying to what point the ebook is updated to. If anyone sees any errors in books 1-6, PM and I'll fix them ASAP. Also, I'm sorry about how lacklusterly the PDF is formatted still, but the LaTeX-Fu is weak in this one.
    I appreciate your efforts, nevertheless - and I'm assuming everyone else does, too, because they should.
    Last edited by Kieran; August 8th, 2012 at 08:26 PM.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

    — Carmilla Theme




    "Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

    ―Jim Butcher, Vignette

  2. #22
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    7,826
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlitz View Post
    Update! . I find Ciel to be far more frightening than Rin. She has assault rifles!
    Now I'm thinking of Ciel dressed as Ellen Ripley....

  3. #23
    Jester of the Moon Cell's Sovereign Kieran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    According to most, my own little world
    Age
    39
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,538
    Blog Entries
    193
    Actually, after watching her, I could see Ciel (at this age) as Marion Cotilliard . . .
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

    — Carmilla Theme




    "Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

    ―Jim Butcher, Vignette

  4. #24
    on again / off again Techlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    1984
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,904
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Actually, after watching her, I could see Ciel (at this age) as Marion Cotilliard . . .
    But I can never bring myself to trust Marion Cotilliard... ;___;

    That said, great chapter. Loved the Takara/Hermione fluff.

  5. #25
    Jester of the Moon Cell's Sovereign Kieran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    According to most, my own little world
    Age
    39
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,538
    Blog Entries
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    But I can never bring myself to trust Marion Cotilliard... ;___;
    Well, unfortunately, I only really know of two other French actresses, off the top of my head. The girl from "The Da Vinci Code" is a brown-eyed brunette, and Clemence Poesy doesn't have the maturity for Ciel, I don't think (besides, she already has a role in this fic as Fleur!). Besides, Marion has the exotic look that could hint at Japanese ancestry.


    That said, great chapter. Loved the Takara/Hermione fluff.
    Thank you - and I figured that after two books of Takara waking up with Hermione wrapped around her, a reverse of the usual position might be fun. And it's for much the same reason, too. Takara's upset, and in need of comfort, and Hermione keeps the nightmares away. Maybe if Galen was available, she'd choose him instead, but just because Hermione's the substitute, she's not an inferior choice.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

    — Carmilla Theme




    "Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

    ―Jim Butcher, Vignette

  6. #26
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors MWkillkenny84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,104
    Good start.
    Umh, a question: WHAT will happen if Voldypants half-blood bastard (read: child of an unmarried couple) will be made public to the magical society?
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

    Perchè immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchè no?, è la risposta più adatta.
    Almeno, questo è ciò che credo io.


    Spoiler:


    CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!

  7. #27
    Stupid Low Luck Rating Elf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,133
    Blog Entries
    58
    I don't even think Voldermort knows that Shirou is his, and if anything, Shirou's not a half-blood bastard in the wizarding sense. He's the son of a dark lord and the head of a highly recognized and power Japanese wizarding family.

    Also, while Rin would be a hard ass in training, she would have quite a bit of sympathy (and curiosity, a lot of curiosity) over Hermione's condition.



    The Law Unto Herself Chronicles- JukePop Serial

    Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

  8. #28
    Jester of the Moon Cell's Sovereign Kieran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    According to most, my own little world
    Age
    39
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,538
    Blog Entries
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by MWkillkenny84 View Post
    Good start.
    Umh, a question: WHAT will happen if Voldypants half-blood bastard (read: child of an unmarried couple) will be made public to the magical society?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I don't even think Voldermort knows that Shirou is his, and if anything, Shirou's not a half-blood bastard in the wizarding sense. He's the son of a dark lord and the head of a highly recognized and power Japanese wizarding family.
    I think he means more in the case of Voldemort's own blood status - and probably nothing good. It might be a tactic worth trying, but the real trick will be getting enough credulous evidence, seventy-odd years after the fact, to convince people.


    Also, while Rin would be a hard ass in training, she would have quite a bit of sympathy (and curiosity, a lot of curiosity) over Hermione's condition.
    Very true (Aoko and Touko are similarly curious, as pertains to their specialties), but it's not something they can discuss with her in the confines of the Departement. On the plus side, Hermione's getting a lot of practice at passing for human, and if she can do it among these people, she's pretty much set.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

    — Carmilla Theme




    "Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

    ―Jim Butcher, Vignette

  9. #29
    Persona rajvir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by torisuke View Post
    Wow, after dealing with Takara's Vampire issues all last book, the Takara/Hermoine bit spammed the "warm and fuzzy feelings" button hard for me, and Rin in hard-ass mode was pretty damn amusing. I'm also *almost* surprised that Voldemort could ignore the gigantic bulls-eye in the room (almost :P).

    The Neville segment took the cake, IMHO; He's almost gained a full rank in GAR from his thought processes and preparations alone,and the "Whatever you say, Gran.” leitmotif was really touching. The fact that you've made Grandma Longbottom(who I spent a good chunk of the original books wanting to punch) a compelling character is pretty awesome, too.

    ------------

    Anyways, I've updated the epub,PDF, and added a zip of raw Markdown-formatted .txt to the new chapter. With my mighty Regex Sword of Asterisk Smiting, cleared out all the conversion oddities I could find, so books 1-6 should now be clean. I added all the youtube links into both versions, but a good chunk of links are dead, so you'll have to ask Kieran what the links were supposed to be to if youtube won't say the name.

    epub: http://www.mediafire.com/?b8uc5pr9foz4x1r
    PDF: http://www.mediafire.com/?xzq5adkdr2dkd5j
    txt: http://www.mediafire.com/?78rea7bks3zmz9c

    To keep from polluting this thread with useless ebook updates, I'm going to keep all of the links the same from this point on and throw any important info as an edit on this post, and add something to my sig saying to what point the ebook is updated to. If anyone sees any errors in books 1-6, PM and I'll fix them ASAP. Also, I'm sorry about how lacklusterly the PDF is formatted still, but the LaTeX-Fu is weak in this one.
    Thank you so much this will likely be better then my copying and pasting hopefully you keep doing it and finish it that way I can delete my text copies.

  10. #30
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six gwonbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Watching you post. Always.
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,660
    Let's start work on trying to guess what Riddle's last Horcrux is instead of Nagini. I can't think of any founder's objects he would have had the opportunity to obtain, so I'm going to guess his wand, even though it isn't the smartest of choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

  11. #31
    Elementalist YamiheKazeto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Europe
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    Let's start work on trying to guess what Riddle's last Horcrux is instead of Nagini. I can't think of any founder's objects he would have had the opportunity to obtain, so I'm going to guess his wand, even though it isn't the smartest of choices.
    How about a different question in return. Who's to say he has that horcrux? Since he knows about their state now, he also knows some of them are being hunted, so he would expect people to look for that last horcrux before facing him. Ergo, not having it would sow confusion among his enemies, the ones who really know how to combat him, because they won't be able to tell how vulnerable (or not) he is.


    Also, sleep is awesome. You guys should try it sometimes.
    “Evil or not, I refuse to accept this 'fate'.”

    Spoiler:
    There is a need to preserve tension in battle scenes. Therefore, if the protagonist is strong, show battles from his foes' perspective.
    There is a need to pull reader in with emotional scenes. Therefore, when creating one, write it as if you were describing a painting.
    There is a need to give your reader relief with comedic scenes. Therefore, you need them short, and cut off from the drama.
    There is a need to create suspense with drama scenes. Therefore, show the thoughts of your characters, make readers relate to their problems.

    And there is a need for you in all of your scenes.
    Create things you want to create; shape the world to your whim.
    For you are the author of your tale.


  12. #32
    Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Night of Wallachia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25,660
    JP Friend Code
    083945095
    US Friend Code
    296095729
    Blog Entries
    42
    The PDF is totally missing the Trinity prequel. That needs to be remedied.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.



  13. #33
    Chronic Lurker torisuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    21
    I kinda bet that the last Horcrux will be something completely in Mind-screw worthy territory. A couple possibilities a the top of my head are that it's something completely innocuously mundane like a boot, with the only way anyone can find it is if Voldemort says what it is himself, or someone else pulled a Regulus an got rid of it a while ago :P.

    Quote Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
    Thank you so much this will likely be better then my copying and pasting hopefully you keep doing it and finish it that way I can delete my text copies.
    For better or for worse, I've adopted this fic until the end,so unless Kieran bombs this hard, my house burns down, or something else equally unlikely, You won't have to worry about making your own copies :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    I appreciate your efforts, nevertheless - and I'm assuming everyone else does, too, because they should.
    I appreciate that you appreciate my efforts :P. However, the effort is a case of self-interest on my part: I didn't spend $150 on an ereader to ignore it and read long stories on my desktop for arbitrary lengths of time, so any fic worthy of a reread( or just plain long enough to make reading on a screen a challenge) will end up an epub. This has been pretty interesting learning experience for me, as well; My efficiency at gathering and manipulating text has drastically improved, and figuring out how format ebooks for devices I don't have and making actual pdfs has been enlightening, despite how often I've wanted to yank my hair out while learning said skills(or go back in time and brutally maul the people who wrote the relevant specs).

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    The PDF is totally missing the Trinity prequel. That needs to be remedied.
    I've yet to read the prequels, so I didn't know how tightly they fit into the story. Are they a tight enough fit they need to be in the main PDF, or should they be separate? I've been wondering that for a while now, but have been too lazy to go search for them :P. I guess I need to stop putting that off soon :P

  14. #34
    Jester of the Moon Cell's Sovereign Kieran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    According to most, my own little world
    Age
    39
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,538
    Blog Entries
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    Let's start work on trying to guess what Riddle's last Horcrux is instead of Nagini. I can't think of any founder's objects he would have had the opportunity to obtain, so I'm going to guess his wand, even though it isn't the smartest of choices.
    That's OK - I've spent a long time trying to figure out where Riddle's wand went, after he was defeated in 1981. Because it sure wasn't with Wormtail when his cover as "Scabbers" was broken in 1993 - and yet, as soon as he got his body back, there it was . . . Where was it in the intervening twelve years? Why wasn't it destroyed?

    For that matter, on the subject of Horcruxes . . .

    Riddle went there to make one by killing Harry - so when the piece of his soul broke off, why would it not go into the prepared container, as opposed to latching onto Harry? (Leaving aside the question of why the protection his mother died to give him would allow it to . . .) And like Riddle's wand, where did said item disappear to - or was it just sitting in the ruins of the cottage in Godric's Hollow all along? If the Horcrux in question was Nagini, it could be explained by her slithering away, but this obviously didn't happen, either in my story or in canon.

    As you can see, I have a wealth of questions to play with for this last one.


    Quote Originally Posted by YamiheKazeto View Post
    How about a different question in return. Who's to say he has that horcrux?
    Because Harry's death was planned to make his last one - in the books, Nagini was a desperate, last-minute substitute.


    Since he knows about their state now, he also knows some of them are being hunted, so he would expect people to look for that last horcrux before facing him.
    He does? How?


    Also, sleep is awesome. You guys should try it sometimes.
    Granted.




    Quote Originally Posted by torisuke View Post
    I kinda bet that the last Horcrux will be something completely in Mind-screw worthy territory. A couple possibilities a the top of my head are that it's something completely innocuously mundane like a boot, with the only way anyone can find it is if Voldemort says what it is himself, or someone else pulled a Regulus an got rid of it a while ago :P.
    That's possible.




    I appreciate that you appreciate my efforts :P. However, the effort is a case of self-interest on my part: I didn't spend $150 on an ereader to ignore it and read long stories on my desktop for arbitrary lengths of time, so any fic worthy of a reread( or just plain long enough to make reading on a screen a challenge) will end up an epub.
    Makes sense.


    I've yet to read the prequels, so I didn't know how tightly they fit into the story. Are they a tight enough fit they need to be in the main PDF, or should they be separate? I've been wondering that for a while now, but have been too lazy to go search for them :P. I guess I need to stop putting that off soon :P
    I'll let the others judge that for you.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

    — Carmilla Theme




    "Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

    ―Jim Butcher, Vignette

  15. #35
    Elementalist YamiheKazeto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Europe
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by torisuke View Post
    I've yet to read the prequels, so I didn't know how tightly they fit into the story. Are they a tight enough fit they need to be in the main PDF, or should they be separate? I've been wondering that for a while now, but have been too lazy to go search for them :P. I guess I need to stop putting that off soon :P
    They are pretty much "prequels" to this story, just like "prequels" to "The Witcher" saga - they aren't necessary to enjoy the experience, but they are the immediate backstory and they explain how we got to the point of start (to compare it with "The Witcher", there the saga focuses on someone named Ciri, while the prequels explain what kind of person is Geralt [the titular "Witcher"] and how did it come that Ciri had been sworn to belong to him [which is something you might not know and still enjoy the whole thing, but without this, the whole story would not have happened.]).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Because Harry's death was planned to make his last one - in the books, Nagini was a desperate, last-minute substitute.
    Well, yes. But I mean, here, in this story. He clearly is a bit saner here than in the original story, and thus he might realize that sometimes it's better not to do things just for the sake of doing them. Not to mention the fact that there hadn't been any "glorified" enough murders he committed after his revival, with the only memorable one being Snape's, and unless I'm mistaken now he just fed the guy to a dementor.
    That is, unless you want to tell us that he really did make one when killing Harry here, in which case it might really be anything (and I reckon it would be something he'd leave in Potters' house, in that case, because it is under a Fidelius charm with only him and a few more people [all of them being either dead or already planned by him to be made dead] having access to it).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    He does? How?
    With the level of intellect you have him, do you really think he would have no method of somehow learning that a horcrux of his got taken down?
    I mean, okay, we have the standard "check if the ring of Gaunts is in the shack and if it's in good shape", but outside of occasional bursts of villainy-induced stupidity (like sleeping with Touko in the past; a fine job you did, mister Vadermort) he should be savvy enough to realize that they will at least observe the shack. And they did take down the basilisk, at the very least, with the diary weirdly disappearing after that, so if he got to know about that little fact (why wouldn't he, Lucius was still alive when he got revived), he would have some time to find some way of checking on them. Like via his legilimency, as he was able to screw with Harry with that due to Harry's nature as his horcrux.
    Last edited by YamiheKazeto; August 9th, 2012 at 05:46 PM.
    “Evil or not, I refuse to accept this 'fate'.”

    Spoiler:
    There is a need to preserve tension in battle scenes. Therefore, if the protagonist is strong, show battles from his foes' perspective.
    There is a need to pull reader in with emotional scenes. Therefore, when creating one, write it as if you were describing a painting.
    There is a need to give your reader relief with comedic scenes. Therefore, you need them short, and cut off from the drama.
    There is a need to create suspense with drama scenes. Therefore, show the thoughts of your characters, make readers relate to their problems.

    And there is a need for you in all of your scenes.
    Create things you want to create; shape the world to your whim.
    For you are the author of your tale.


  16. #36
    Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Night of Wallachia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25,660
    JP Friend Code
    083945095
    US Friend Code
    296095729
    Blog Entries
    42
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...inity-Prelude)
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...-Trinity-Zero)

    They'd fit pretty snuggly right into the beginning of the super PDF/Epub.

    Of course, they could also do just fine with their own separate "prequel" PDF/Epub because the current Trinity one is already a massive beast.

    Either way, your call. The completionist in me was just bothered by the fact that it's not, well, complete.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.



  17. #37
    Jester of the Moon Cell's Sovereign Kieran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    According to most, my own little world
    Age
    39
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,538
    Blog Entries
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiheKazeto View Post
    Well, yes. But I mean, here, in this story. He clearly is a bit saner here than in the original story, and thus he might realize that sometimes it's better not to do things just for the sake of doing them. Not to mention the fact that there hadn't been any "glorified" enough murders he committed after his revival, with the only memorable one being Snape's, and unless I'm mistaken now he just fed the guy to a dementor.
    No, if things had gone according to his original plan, it would've been baby Harry - he just assumed he botched it. And the murders were never glorified, just the objects themselves. The other point to consider is that Voldemort made multiple Horcruxes in order to reach the "ultimate" protection of splitting his soul into seven pieces. Even if he's saner here, the goal hasn't changed, ergo, he has to have six Horcruxes, regardless.


    in which case it might really be anything (and I reckon it would be something he'd leave in Potters' house, in that case, because it is under a Fidelius charm with only him and a few more people [all of them being either dead or already planned by him to be made dead] having access to it).
    Not quite true, as Hagrid found it easily enough in canon, although I'll grant you that it's unlikely to be a memorial in this world.

    The fanon explanation is that the secret was something along the lines of "The Potter family lives in such-and-such," and once the family had been wiped out, the secret no longer existed to be protected, thus breaking the charm. Alternatively, it could've been "the Potters," and once there was only one, the same result. It's a bit of handwaving, but it's the only way that Harry should ever have been found, with Peter Pettigrew's being the real Secret Keeper still remaining a secret.



    With the level of intellect you have him, do you really think he would have no method of somehow learning that a horcrux of his got taken down?
    I mean, okay, we have the standard "check if the ring of Gaunts is in the shack and if it's in good shape", but outside of occasional bursts of villainy-induced stupidity (like sleeping with Touko in the past; a fine job you did, mister Vadermort) he should be savvy enough to realize that they will at least observe the shack. And they did take down the basilisk, at the very least, with the diary weirdly disappearing after that, so if he got to know about that little fact (why wouldn't he, Lucius was still alive when he got revived), he would have some time to find some way of checking on them. Like via his legilimency, as he was able to screw with Harry with that due to Harry's nature as his horcrux.
    The true protection of his Horcruxes - aside from all the magics placed on them - is that their existence is largely unknown. His enemies don't know to look for them (or so he thinks), and he's gone to great pains to keep it that way. I will grant you that he almost certainly has a charm on their hiding places to alert him if anyone comes in search of them, rather like the Ministry does at the moment, but thus far I can't see him having a reason to be concerned about their safety.

    My reasoning is thus: the only Horcrux whose destruction he knows of is the diary - and that was not a deliberate attempt. Moreover, since it was destroyed before it could be thoroughly examined, it's unlikely that Dumbledore (or anyone else) was able to understand just what it was they were dealing with, as nothing salvageable of it would remain. Now, should another one come under assault, now that he's corporeal and can feel the effects, I agree that he will do precisely as you've suggested.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

    — Carmilla Theme




    "Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

    ―Jim Butcher, Vignette

  18. #38
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six gwonbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Watching you post. Always.
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,660
    Why should he be able to feel the effects of the destruction when he didn't in canon? He didn't realizethat the Horcruxes were being hunted until they broke into Gringotts (i.e. the newspaper told him).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

  19. #39
    Jester of the Moon Cell's Sovereign Kieran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    According to most, my own little world
    Age
    39
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,538
    Blog Entries
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    Why should he be able to feel the effects of the destruction when he didn't in canon? He didn't realizethat the Horcruxes were being hunted until they broke into Gringotts (i.e. the newspaper told him).
    I'm drawing on the last movie, here - where destroying them sent him into epileptic fits.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

    — Carmilla Theme




    "Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

    ―Jim Butcher, Vignette

  20. #40
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six gwonbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Watching you post. Always.
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,660
    Well there is my problem. I never actually got around to seeing Deathly Hallows since my faith in the movie franchise had dropped significantly after 5 and 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •