Page 6 of 125 FirstFirst ... 45678111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: [FF] Trinity VII: The Twilight (Type-Moon/Harry Potter X-over)

Blog Entries
    Oh no, Bones is Bones.

Also, it seems like they seared Shiki's eyes. The Tohnos are sick fucks.

And poor Rin.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Oh no, Bones is Bones.
    Hence, she took a bunch of them with her?

Also, it seems like they seared Shiki's eyes. The Tohnos are sick fucks.
    When you're dealing with trying to imprison someone who could kill you with a look, I'd call it "practical," myself. Ruthless, but practical.

And poor Rin.
    Well, you're dealing with my interpretation of her, which may or may not be accurate when dealing with a largely canon Rin . . . And you don't like the idea of her having a Veela-blooded Mini-Me?
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    (spoken)
    For some reason, the mention of you, Kieran, portraying a hopeless yet defiant to the end struggle made the below-linked song (which I most certainly was not listening to for the sole purpose of cleaning my 'Watch Later' playlist) come to mind:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyYH6hcLYjI
    Also, Veee~la~
    Last edited by kuniKaiRoe; August 23rd, 2012 at 08:55 PM.
    Miscellany~
    Anyone who mentions THAT Majora's Mask meme gets to meet the Ladder. <- Is serious
    Reality Marble: Ascended Memorized Phantasm - Perfect Manikin Army
    I have been uncursed! My groin still hurts.
    I have a folder full of stolen avatars and sig pics. Short of mind-probing, no one's going to find it.
    I look away for a sec, and I'm suddenly attending a college called MGS.

A living portrait, a forgotten portrait... and Yoshi.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kuniKaiRoe View Post
    (spoken)
    For some reason, the mention of you, Kieran, portraying a hopeless yet defiant to the end struggle made the below-linked song (which I most certainly was not listening to for the sole purpose of cleaning my 'Watch Later' playlist) come to mind:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyYH6hcLYjI
    Not bad - but I still prefer "Seizure of Power" for that kind of scene.

Also, Veee~la~
    Yeah - I don't think Ilya will ever get tired of that. I'm certainly not.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Things escalated quickly. I wonder how Dumbledore is going to behave once this year really gets underway.

Blog Entries
    With luck, you'll find that out next chapter, too - but first, FanExpo!

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

QUADRUPLETS?!?
    Yes, Kohaku TRULY wanted for the Tohno to destroy themselves from the inside: with a older first born heir-apparent AND _four_ younger, but "higher" blood-gifted (Tohno PLUS Nanaya) heirs around, the plots to 'gain the future favors' of the babies (read: remove Akiha and use one of them as puppet Heads of the Clan)...
    Ah, on the subject "Air around the sordid past of Voldyshort's birth", they do no need proofs.
    Inside groups like the DE and similars, even RUMORS can 'inspire' the underlings into killing the 'chief' to claim his power/place/other...
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Perchè immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchè no?, è la risposta più adatta.
    Almeno, questo è ciò che credo io.

Spoiler:

CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!

Blog Entries
    Well, if you re-read Shin's recitation of the family history, Akiha was built (in a near-literal sense) to breed. The phoenix aspects she got from her dad's experiments involved making her the most nurturing environment possible for new life, in hopes of making the Nanaya Death Sight breed true. Shin was conceived at the worst point in her cycle, and he's still pretty damned powerful. She planned for this pregnancy at the height of her fertility, so multiples are no surprise.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    in b4 anyone else.

the quads either a) get killed or b) get sent to foster homes.

my money's on b. given that galen would intervene on their behalf. also, i bet dumbledore has something to do with that final horcrux a.k.a the Sword of gryffindor
    Last edited by hatori; August 24th, 2012 at 04:08 PM.
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

awesome story, it's managed to drag another lurker out of the woodworks

Blog Entries
    I apparently have a knack for that. Nice to meet you - hope you enjoy your stay.

EDIT: And while I think of it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    in b4 anyone else.

the quads either a) get killed or b) get sent to foster homes.

my money's on b. given that galen would intervene on their behalf.
    Haven't worked that out yet.

also, i bet dumbledore has something to do with that final horcrux a.k.a the Sword of gryffindor
    Ooh - I hadn't considered that one . . .
    Last edited by Kieran; August 24th, 2012 at 08:30 PM.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

My money is on Shiki and Ciel raising them.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, i think u made it quite clear about how Voldemort is obsessed with collecting stuff related to the four founders... so.... why shouldn;t the sword be his Final Horcrux?

well, that and the fact that dumbasadoor will get himself killed in the process, making it a significant death that is tied into it's creation
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    Well, i think u made it quite clear about how Voldemort is obsessed with collecting stuff related to the four founders... so.... why shouldn;t the sword be his Final Horcrux?
    Actually, I figured out a reason why that wouldn't work - the basilisk venom would've killed it along with the diary. Nice idea, though.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking Riddle's the kind that's insane enough to make all of Hogwarts into a Horcrux.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle B.B. Rain's Avatar
    Kind of tricky to pull off...Size matters not, but there are limits to HP magic. And beyond the size, I'd expect Hogwarts to be mystically difficult to imbue with a portion of his soul even if he was Headmaster, and thus in control of its wards.

I don't doubt he'd love the idea of pulling it off, I just doubt he could.

As for the kids....Hm. Don't suppose Kohaku came up with a contingency plan, in case she wasn't able to deliver vengeance in person? I can't see her just letting them live evilly ever after, should she be incapacitated while sneaking around.

Something I'm not clear on, even if it's a potion rather then physical removal: is Shiki blind permanently, or is it the sort of blindness that can be reversed? Or more to the point, are you willing to commit one way or the other, or keep the option in reserve should a plot twist occur to you? After all, given enough time, everyone breaks....And Nanaya vs. Nanaya could be pretty interesting, even without a crazy knife fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    "Earn Shirou's love, Berserker!" Ilya said.

"RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARGH!" Berserker said, interpreting this order the way he interpreted most orders: kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    "Berserker!" Ilya screamed. "Come find love!"

Berserker exploded into the room with a roar that shook the foundations of the very castle.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Rin said.

Sweeping down on her faster than the eye could see, Berserker plucked Rin up in his arms and ran off, ignoring her shrieks of protest.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    He made his final Horcrux after killing Harry, presumably almost immediately after. In other words, it had to be carried by him into the Potter house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    He made his final Horcrux after killing Harry, presumably almost immediately after. In other words, it had to be carried by him into the Potter house.
    Which would make it sensible for said item to be hidden somewhere in the house of Potters (but Kieran did say that it's not the case) or taken away by one of his servants, seeing as he was slain by Dumbledore soon afterwards.
    “Evil or not, I refuse to accept this 'fate'.”

Spoiler:
    There is a need to preserve tension in battle scenes. Therefore, if the protagonist is strong, show battles from his foes' perspective.
    There is a need to pull reader in with emotional scenes. Therefore, when creating one, write it as if you were describing a painting.
    There is a need to give your reader relief with comedic scenes. Therefore, you need them short, and cut off from the drama.
    There is a need to create suspense with drama scenes. Therefore, show the thoughts of your characters, make readers relate to their problems.

And there is a need for you in all of your scenes.
    Create things you want to create; shape the world to your whim.
    For you are the author of your tale.

C-Rank Presence Ignored TheAbsolutistsCreed's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    068,149,146/IGN: Emprisk
    Damn, how'd you manage to actually kill a Phoenix? The only thing I can see making that happen is trying it when they're 'young' when their magic renews and reasserts itself.

Dang, not only a gland but he has something going on down south as well. Sheeeet! What a nightmare, with the two supposed parents against each other there's going to be quite some dissonance in raising the kids. Another loose end that could become something more.

As for the Mini-Me... well, someone has to surpass the previous generation and Ai-chan has more weapons to use in her arsenal than Tohsaka... though it'll be interesting to see how she develops and if she has as many weak points as her bigger 'counterpart.'

And NICE foreboding statement! Let's see how you make wizards kill each other. And make it better than the books and the movies. Seeing Harry duel Voldemort in the last movie was disappointing. Too much Computer Graphics and lack of any tactical knowledge...
    US Story Support:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B.B. Rain View Post
    As for the kids....Hm. Don't suppose Kohaku came up with a contingency plan, in case she wasn't able to deliver vengeance in person? I can't see her just letting them live evilly ever after, should she be incapacitated while sneaking around.
    Good point.

Something I'm not clear on, even if it's a potion rather then physical removal: is Shiki blind permanently, or is it the sort of blindness that can be reversed? Or more to the point, are you willing to commit one way or the other, or keep the option in reserve should a plot twist occur to you? After all, given enough time, everyone breaks....And Nanaya vs. Nanaya could be pretty interesting, even without a crazy knife fight.
    We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    In point of fact, according to Rowling, he made his final Horcrux by killing Harry, so that's definitely the case. The object would've had to be there, and appropriately prepared as a vessel (so, of course, the soul fragment rushed into the baby protected by ancient blood sacrifice magic? ). Where it went after that, however . . .

Quote Originally Posted by YamiheKazeto View Post
    Which would make it sensible for said item to be hidden somewhere in the house of Potters (but Kieran did say that it's not the case) or taken away by one of his servants, seeing as he was slain by Dumbledore soon afterwards.
    Or by Voldemort himself, after having done the deed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbsolutistsCreed View Post
    Damn, how'd you manage to actually kill a Phoenix? The only thing I can see making that happen is trying it when they're 'young' when their magic renews and reasserts itself.
    The secret died with Makihisa - and that's probably for the best.

Dang, not only a gland but he has something going on down south as well. Sheeeet! What a nightmare, with the two supposed parents against each other there's going to be quite some dissonance in raising the kids. Another loose end that could become something more.
    Mm-hm.

As for the Mini-Me... well, someone has to surpass the previous generation and Ai-chan has more weapons to use in her arsenal than Tohsaka... though it'll be interesting to see how she develops and if she has as many weak points as her bigger 'counterpart.'
    I suppose you'd have to wait for my version of the crapilogue epilogue . . . But I wouldn't make you skip nineteen years!

And NICE foreboding statement! Let's see how you make wizards kill each other. And make it better than the books and the movies. Seeing Harry duel Voldemort in the last movie was disappointing. Too much Computer Graphics and lack of any tactical knowledge...
    I'll do what I can.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette