Page 123 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2373113118121122123124125 LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2483

Thread: [FF] Trinity VII: The Twilight (Type-Moon/Harry Potter X-over)

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    Okay... so an epilogue planned for the end. Alright, then... now I really gotta play catch-up to read the whole series properly.
    You might have a little more time than that - I'm still debating whether to put up the epilogue next, or my "alternate death of Voldemort" scene, and then the epilogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    That was a badass lightning incantation, gotta say.
    Thank you, that's good to hear - I was beginning to wonder if anyone besides Xam had read the chapter (though I realise the holiday would throw readers off . . .).

I would like to apologise if you found the death a bit anticlimactic; I spent weeks considering a full-on fight scene, but honestly couldn't come up with a scenario where Voldemort wasn't just pounded into paste - there were just too many people available (and willing) to throw curses at him. Just as noted: ten Weasleys (counting Fleur), two Creeveys, the rest of the Seven, Rin . . . *Shakes head* Too many directions for spells to come from for Voldemort to realistically survive, I finally concluded.

So, in the end, I decided to humiliate him, instead - make his death almost an afterthought. That kind of inglorious end would be the last insult, as it were. I hope you all found it reasonable, if not necessarily satisfying.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    ...alternate death of Tom M. Riddle? Why not?
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Blog Entries
    Yeah - it relates back an idea I thought really was a cop-out (however funny and prophecy-fulfilling it might be); so I thought I'd save it as an omake, instead.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Good thing you'll share it with us.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    wow... just wow...
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

Blog Entries

OMAKE: The Prophecy Fulfilled?

Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    wow... just wow...
    Hopefully, you're impressed - and if not, hopefully this will keep you amused . . .

DISCLAIMER: Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of Kinoko Nasu and Type-Moon, along with anyone who's happened to license them, like Geneon or Funimation. Harry Potter and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of J.K. Rowling, along with her publishers and Warner Bros., as regards the movie material.

This is a not-for-profit, just-for-fun project.

Writer's Note: Certain dialogue sequences in this story are lifted from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, but I trust in the intelligence of my readers (and the availability of the books) to recognise them when they see them.

Or, The Alternate Death of Lord Voldemort

They were magi and supernatural assassins, a former Heroic Spirit and Holy Grail – and one really imaginative liar with more power and luck than he’d ever deserved.

They had spent seven years preparing for this fight, learning techniques and strategies more suited to black ops soldiers than witches or wizards, honing abilities and skills the likes of which this world had rarely, if ever, seen. They had artefacts of power which were literally the stuff of legend, and intimate knowledge of their enemy.

They believed that they were ready for this fight . . .

And they had been so. Very. WRONG . . .

Shirou groaned as he regained consciousness. His head was pounding, his bones ached, and—

And he was presently suspended, crucifixion-style, in mid-air.

As his vision cleared, he could see the others, in varying states of injury and consciousness, spread out beside him. At the sight, his memory started filling in the blanks of where they were and how they’d gotten there, and Shirou winced.

Considering what we knew of Grindelwald – and thanks to Durmstrang and Beauxbatons’ history classes, that was a lot – we really should have been more cautious . . .

They’d all known the title, but it had been dismissed as mere hyperbole, based on what they’d actually seen Riddle do in the films and the wizarding world’s natural tendency towards exaggeration and panic. Apparently, however, the moniker of “Greatest Dark Lord in a millennium” wasn’t handed out on a whim – or at least, this version could live up to the name.

He’d been just as powerful as any of them; where they’d had natural gifts, he’d ritually sacrificed and bargained his way to a similar level of magical strength. His skin wasn’t quite dragon-hide, but it was at least as spell-resistant as Hagrid’s, or a little better, and he exhibited a comparative level of physical strength. Worse, he was faster than even Takara, with all the flexibility of the snake he resembled – and then there was that bloody venom . . . .

Their parents were dead; Riddle had taken particular pleasure in literally tearing Kiritsugu and Irisviel apart. Shiki and Takara had found out the hard way that Riddle could spit his venom, and over an impressive distance. Between the blindness and the venom’s other effects, they’d unfortunately gotten taken out quickly. Galen and Neville had been the victims of bites that not only injected the venom, it ruptured arteries, so it was a tossup as to which would kill them faster. Veela fire had proven to be no match for Fiendfyre, and the sheer psychic shock of Ilya’s death had been a vulnerability Riddle had quickly taken advantage of.

. . . Shirou might have wondered why any of them were still alive, but having dealt with Riddle and those like him many times over the years, the answer was obvious: he needed an audience to gloat to.

“—I have no wish to spill more magical blood—” he was orating to the school at large, courtesy of a Sonorus incantation (and no help to Shirou’s headache). “Swear an Unbreakable Vow to serve me, and you shall live.”

Shirou, meanwhile, was running an inventory on his available options. His movement was non-existent, his wand was presumably part of the pile of ashes and glowing embers off to one side, the Sword of Gryffindor was somewhere out of sight, and Takara’s sword was in pieces—

Surprisingly, Galen began to laugh; surprising if only because Shirou had thought him unconscious, or dead. Faintly, at first, with a rasp to his voice that was almost painful just to hear, but gradually increasing in volume and range until he seemed to have gone into a full-blown fit of hysteria.

Riddle turned at the sound, his face warring between irritation and curiosity. His voice, upon speaking, would have been a silky hiss, if not for its current volume. Instead, it was closer to an ominous rumble.

“You find this amusing, boy? Or has the sheer hopelessness of your situation simply driven you to mad—?

The Sword of Gryffindor chose that moment to suddenly emerge from his chest, and the rest of Riddle’s statement trailed off into screams as his body began to corrosively ignite . . .

And when the ashes blew away, the blade clattering to the ground, they revealed the source of the attack.

Vengeance,” Kreacher pronounced grimly “in the name of House Black.

Sirius stared, not quite believing what he was hearing.

Kreacher beat You-Know-Who? The Darkest of Dark Lords was beaten by a House-Elf?

Galen shrugged, wincing at the pain the movement caused. “It makes the prophecy actually mean something, eh? The ‘power that the Dark Lord knows not’ being a truly loyal servant? And Kreacher was ‘born to those who thrice defied him’—looking at it as you, Regulus, and me. And the line ‘The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches’ made a lot more sense once I found out that your brother used to send him to the Hog’s Head on booze runs . . .”

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    LOL!! XD I'm impressed you decided to pull off such a ridiculous end for Riddle like that.

Blog Entries
    *Chuckles* I mainly asked myself, "What's the most preposterous way that the prophecy could be accurate . . .?"

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Personally, I like how Voldemort died here: with a whimper, not with a glorious bang, to be buried and forgotten like a bad dream, with no legacy to his name apart the 'he-who-must-not-be-named' moniker.
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Perchč immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchč no?, č la risposta piů adatta.
    Almeno, questo č ciň che credo io.

Spoiler:

CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWkillkenny84 View Post
    Personally, I like how Voldemort died here: with a whimper, not with a glorious bang, to be buried and forgotten like a bad dream, with no legacy to his name apart the 'he-who-must-not-be-named' moniker.
    That's what I liked about it, too. Which is why, after literal months of agonising, I decided to end it that way.

. . . Seriously - do you realise that, if I'd continued this on into about mid-February, I'd have been writing this single story for six-and-a-half YEARS?1

*Shakes head* Adding it up, I have been writing the Trinity series, just the Harry Potter parts, for a decade; how time flies.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    O_O I... see. That's a lot of time spent on this particular story.

Blog Entries
    O_O I... see. That's a lot of time spent on this particular story.
    *Nods* Indeed (or, more in line with the board, "Umu!"). Hence, I'll be somewhat glad to see this one finished - even if I'll also be somewhat sad to see the series end.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Frankly kieran, u should really bring the series to a writing class or something, im sure that with some adjustments, u'll definately get something published, and it'll be one of the bestsellers
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    Frankly kieran, u should really bring the series to a writing class or something, im sure that with some adjustments, u'll definately get something published, and it'll be one of the bestsellers
    *Chuckles* I'm pleased that you think so. I suspect, however, that given the amount of stripping I'd need to do in order to eliminate copyrighted elements, it'd be easier and faster to just write a whole new book.

. . . Now, that said, I've often thought that Takara has the potential as a character to be a literary protagonist in her own right. Granted, again, I'd need to strip away some of the TYPE-MOON elements for copyright and IP reasons - but I think that even altering those, she could still be recognisably herself. It's just a question of coming up with a suitable backstory to fill in the missing pieces (and a plot, of course) . . .

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    DISCLAIMER: Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of Kinoko Nasu and Type-Moon, along with anyone who's happened to license them, like Geneon or Funimation. Harry Potter and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of J.K. Rowling, along with her publishers and Warner Bros., as regards the movie material.

This is a not-for-profit, just-for-fun project.

Writer's Note: Certain dialogue sequences in this story are lifted from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, but I trust in the intelligence of my readers (and the availability of the books) to recognise them.

Epilogue – 9 and ľ, 7 and One-Third

King’s Cross Station, London
    September 1, 2005

King’s Cross had changed somewhat, Shiki noted, in the last half-decade or so – though, if certain sources were to be believed, not as much as it would in the next half-decade or so. Still, some things never changed; a fire-engine-red steam engine train among them. And it was to this engine and its accompanying train that he and Ciel were walking now, Alex sandwiched between them.

After four years of day-schooling in Mahoutokorou, they’d asked him if he’d like to transfer schools, and let him apply to any he wished. Beauxbatons would have been more than happy to scoop him up – the Headmistress still had fond memories of her mother, after all, and the Deputy Headmistress was a family friend – but Alex had decided to accept an entirely different offer.

After all, his nearly-twelve son had said, if Hogwarts could teach his sister to become the Potioneer that cured lycanthropy, it had to have excellent merits.

Alex hadn’t quite phrased it that way, of course – he was only almost twelve, after all – but that had been the general idea of his arguments. And despite telling him that it wasn’t that simple, having as much to do with Takara’s own inclinations and talents as the curriculum, he still insisted that Hogwarts was where he wished to go.

Shiki could understand it, really: while all of the family was famous in their respective fields and/or home countries, Takara’s achievements were the most recent, and those best known by Alex’s peers. As such, in terms of measuring himself against them, to Alex, Takara would be the one to beat; and the one that he’d be most often compared to, in school. As a mostly-only child himself – and the “elder,” when he’d had siblings – Shiki had never had that problem, but he understood it.

God knows, Arihiko complained about his sister, often enough . . .

And it wasn’t as though Takara’s accomplishments weren’t something to be proud of. In the short time since she’d graduated Hogwarts, his daughter had become regarded in the Wizarding World much like Florence Nightingale in the mundane one – an angel of mercy who was in the process of completely overhauling the practice of medicine. Even if despite having the dexterity to make her a world-class neurosurgeon or practising Healer, she focussed more on the research and development of new potions and techniques.

But Shiki was very much afraid that Alex might be putting more weight on their relevance to his own life than was deserved – particularly because he was reasonably certain that Takara had been given the sole credit for at least a few techniques that were not entirely her own work. For all her considerable talents, after all, his baby girl had never shown enough Transfiguration talent to perform brain surgery to such a level of precision that it could actually affect memories.

(And that was just her publicly known achievements – thanks to his contacts, Shiki was fairly certain that at least some of her “research time” was doing things alongside her friends and lovers that was more akin to his line of work . . .)

As if his earlier thoughts had been a Summoning Charm, Shiki spotted the Longbottoms: Augusta and Neville, of course, alongside his parents – the first of many patients that Takara’s efforts (joint or otherwise) had seen released from the Janus Thickey Ward. Even five years after their miraculous recovery, they still drew attention; or perhaps that was the fact that they were escorting the newly-announced Hogwarts’ Herbology Professor – their son, Neville.

Whatever the source, it made for a nice distraction; allowing the three of them, despite being very rare Asians amongst the crowd – and very famous ones, at that – to slip away from the crowds into relative privacy.

DON’T GO, ALEX-SEMPAI!”

. . . For a little while, at least.

Ai von Einzbern was nine years old, her daddy’s princess, and utterly miserable. Her sempai and best friend was going away, and nobody was stopping him!

It wasn’t fair – they’d had a great summer, away from Mahoutokoro and all those girls who were mean to her and tried to take him – and now, instead of coming back to keep her and her sisters company, he was going to be on the other side of the world! Who knew what might happen – to her or him? She and Sakura-chan would be alone at school, and his new school fought in wars! She’d heard the stories!

And what if he forgot about them, so far away . . .?

. . . What if he forgot about her . . .?

Sakura-chan, her new favourite little sister, was assisting Ai’s attempts to stop him by hugging firmly onto his other side. The twins, Chloe-chan and Miyu-chan, were a bit too scared of all these people to help, but they were only four; they were staying pressed against Daddy, which at least stopped him from stopping her – even if he still tried . . .

“Ai-chan,” he said, “we talked about this—”

“He shouldn’t go, he isn’t going!” she yelled. Sakura made a noise of agreement, and they tightened their grip.

“I knew Ilya was using her pregnancy as an excuse to avoid this . . .” Daddy muttered under his breath. “Girls, you’re going to hurt him if you keep holding on that tight – do you want him to be mad at you?”

It almost worked. They did loosen their grips, but they didn’t let go, and they planted their feet firmly on the ground. If Alex-sempai tried to get on that train, he was taking them with him!

“Ai-chan, Sakura-chan . . .” Alex sighed. He sounded annoyed, but Ai could see the faint smile on his mouth. Their feelings meant something to him, and it caused both girls to pause in their efforts.

“Yes, Sempai?” the sisters asked in union.

“You know you can join me when you turn eleven, right?”

“That’s two whole years away!” Ai protested.

“That’s four years away!” Sakura echoed in horror a moment later, showing off that she could do subtraction.

Ai nodded. “That’s too long – we’re not letting you go, and nothing anybody says can make us!

“Hello, little love,” said an answering voice. “Hello, blossom.”

As his daughters sprang automatically towards the newcomer with a cry of “GODPAPA,” Shirou nodded inwardly. He’d been expecting something like that.

Not that the girls wouldn’t react that way anyways; Galen was the favourite uncle who was a never-ending source of ice cream, toys, Disney stuff and bedtime stories. Not to mention a convenient pet dog when one was required . . . But for all his obliviousness towards girls as a teenager, he knew his daughters. Ai was upset about Alex’s going to Hogwarts over back to Mahoutokoro – she’d been inconsolable for days, now – but certain statements and reactions she’d made struck him as rehearsed.

And when interest in their little scene-makers had abruptly died down, he’d known the distraction for what it was; it was just a question of what it was a distraction for.

Galen stood up from his hug with a girl in each arm. That was showing off his strength a bit, but they enjoyed it – and the fact that they served as convenient human shields probably wasn’t a consideration, but from the way Aunt Ciel was trying to glare holes through Galen’s face, Shirou thought it might almost be reasonable to have expected it to cross his mind.

That standing up also caused the amulet around his neck to jingle, drawing attention to the fact he was wearing it in the first place, was probably just a bonus. It seemed silly to have assumed Galen would’ve planned for that to happen – but he was just fond enough of melodramatics and contingencies that it was actually possible that he had.

“Listen,” he said to Shirou, “I know it’s not Sunday, but do you mind if I take the girls for the day? I really think they might benefit from talking with Takara – she has personal experience with this sort of thing.”

“True enough,” Shirou agreed. “And since they’re not listening to us, it’s either her or their godmother – and I don’t think I want them following Rin’s example. It’s a bit too . . . Extreme.

Galen said dryly, “Leaving aside the fact that, as I recall, the Mesdames Edelfelt are still on their honeymoon.”

“That, too,” the redhead said with a chuckle. “I’ll take the little pair home, and explain things to their mother – should we expect them home for lunch, or dinner?”

“Best make it dinner,” Galen decided aloud. “This strikes me as a conversation that will require a lot of ice cream – they’ll need time to digest.”

Sakura squealed, having heard her favourite words. The twins started to pout, and Shirou reassured them that they’d get some themselves on the way home. The fact that it would probably be a cone to the multi-scoop sundaes their older sisters were likely to build weren’t mentioned – dealing with the sugar rush would be a big enough headache as it was.

“Don’t stuff them too full of sugar, please?” he asked wearily.

“Not too full,” Galen agreed, grinning as he failed to clarify any further, the bastard. “Nice to see you again, in-laws – GOODBYE, ALEX!”

An arm emerged from the window, hand waving. Shirou didn’t quite hide a smirk as his mother realised that Alex had snuck onto the train in the distraction of Galen’s appearance – though he certainly did once Ciel realised Galen had Disapparated when they’d turned towards the train.

Smart kid, using the distraction like that – and that wasn’t even what the distraction was for . . .

Conversations could be really interesting – not to mention private – when one or more parties had skills with Legilimency, and no one knew it.

Hello, Alexandre,” Takara greeted her little brother in Japanese, stressing the French pronunciation of his name, which he and Mother preferred to use at home. “How are you?

“Takara-oneesan!” he blurted, rushing forward for a hug. “I didn’t think you’d come!”

He latched onto her, being only a head shorter than she was (so much taller than she last remembered, in so little time!) and she hugged him back fiercely. Save for hair colour and the lack of glasses, Alexandre was a miniature, European version of their father, not quite yet suffering the awkwardness of puberty. And even there, she suspected he’d handle it with better grace than most boys; spending a number of formative years around Veela had done wonders for his ability to deal with women, and unconsciously, at that.

. . . Forcibly reburying memories of Galen’s jokes about a “Tohno gland,” she turned her attention to responding.

“I don’t always have control of my schedule,” Takara said, switching back to English. “But I wouldn’t miss your first trip to Hogwarts if I could help it . . . But I didn’t want a scene with Mother and Father, either, so we did a little scheming with Ai-chan and Sakura-chan, so we could say goodbye in private.” She ruffled his hair. “It wasn’t all acting, though – they are going to miss you terribly.”

“I miss you terribly,” he retorted. “So does Dad. When are you, Mom and Aunt ‘Mione going to stop all this fighting?”

“. . . Is that why you wanted to go to Hogwarts, Otouto?” she asked carefully. “Because I went there, and you miss me?”

“. . . A little bit,” he admitted. “But it is a good school – it just cracked the top five academic rankings, worldwide. And its curriculum additions put it ahead of just about anywhere else in terms of non-magical integration. Yeah, Mahoutokoro keeps up, because it has to at the pace Japan moves – but unless I never want to leave Asia, it’s not going to get me a lot, going there. Hogwarts, on the other hand, has a better international presence, so . . .”

Takara laughed. “You sound like Mother – or Hermione.”

“Mom made sure I knew my options – and Aunt ‘Mione taught me a lot,” Alexandre said sadly. “I miss her, too . . . And you didn’t answer my question,” he added accusingly.

Takara smiled sadly. “No, I didn’t . . .”

She looked at him steadily. “But I’ll tell you a secret that only Hermione knows, right now – and that’s that with any luck, we’ll have it fixed by the time you come home for Christmas break.”

Really?” he gasped. Then he blinked, and in an entirely different tone, repeated “Really? You think you can have everything fixed that fast, after all this?”

“Well,” Takara admitted sheepishly. “I’m kind of that hoping that my surprise birthday present will let me take advantage of an unspoken family tradition, and then that will be that.”

And presuming that tradition held, then after a decade and a half of fighting for her family’s lives and well-being, in one circumstance or another, Takara finally felt she would be able to declare “All was well.”

“. . . I don’t get it,” he confessed, after a moment of thought.

With a mischievous glint in her eyes, she took his hand, and placed it against her body.

“The tradition is,” she explained in a serene tone, “that no matter how bad the fight is, or how deep the grudge, babies are a cause for reconciliation.”

It took a beat, but eventually Alexandre’s eyes widened suddenly, and she smiled at his realisation.

“That’s right – by the time you write your final exams next year, you’ll be an uncle.”

And Takara made a mental note to be sure that Hermione had recording devices on hand. If the look on his face was anything to go by, then Galen’s expression when she shared the news would be a riot . . .

Fin.

Additional Writer's Notes: And so, after six-and-a-half years, 888 pages and 364 262 words, we come to the end. Or, if we count the entire Trinity series, almost fifteen years, and more pages than I can remember, never mind the number of words.

. . . It's been a hell of a ride - longer and bumpier than I ever imagined when I first started, with a few surprising twists and pleasant detours along the way to keep things interesting, in both senses of the word. It's certainly more than I expected to write, given that the whole concept started with reading a fic about a vampire Hermione and thinking "OK, I can do better than that . . ." And it's absolutely more than the people who immediately replied, long ago on a board far, far away, with "A Harry Potter crossover? Are you NUTS?!"

Yes, yes I am - I've never denied it - but even I'd have said that, if I'd known how this was going to turn out. And thankfully, a lot of those people (and others) gave it a shot anyway, and kept it going until we could reach this end.

I'm grateful to all of you who've stuck with this work as long as you have - whether from the beginning, or somewhere closer to now. Your encouragement, enthusiasm and excitement are what made this possible, because I freely admit I would never have stuck to this for as long as I did without you. I hope that you found this journey as rewarding as I did.

In this, I find the written word inadequate, because "Thank you" is all I have available to me to say - and it's nowhere near enough.

And the rest, as the Bard says, is silence . . .
    Last edited by Kieran; January 23rd, 2023 at 11:21 AM.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Wait... is there gonna be a sequel to this series eventually? I dunno if there will be.

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    It’s finally OVER! It was a hectic ride but it is finished. I’m glad I kept my promise on not spoiling the epilogue, the suspense was crazy. I don’t believe Trinity needs a sequel, plus Kieren probably wants a break. I’m looking for a job right now and can’t write it myself either. Sidestories every once in a while aren’t a bad idea. Perhaps the Aozaki’s reaction to the news perhaps. Thanks for the ride Kieren.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

So Live your life, you only get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

Blog Entries
    Whoops - I forgot to add the music AGAIN. And after all the hassle I went to last night to track it down . . . *Sighs*

Anyway, that's fixed now.

Wait... is there gonna be a sequel to this series eventually? I dunno if there will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai Burnout View Post
    I don’t believe Trinity needs a sequel, plus Kieren probably wants a break.
    ^ This, basically. While there are more than a few possibilities, as the "Trinity Angles" thread shows, and I even have a half-done lemon story from back when I was trying to practise writing them that I could polish off, there's no set sequel plans. I have been at this for a long time, and a break would be appreciated - besides, I did have other stories in the *ahem* works . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Rai Burnout View Post
    It’s finally OVER! It was a hectic ride but it is finished.
    Indeed.

I’m glad I kept my promise on not spoiling the epilogue, the suspense was crazy.
    Me, too. And thank you for that.

Sidestories every once in a while aren’t a bad idea. Perhaps the Aozaki’s reaction to the news perhaps.
    Not a terrible idea . . . Though I suspect that at least a couple of Aozakis' reactions are easy to predict:

Aoko and Touko: This. Does NOT. Make Us. OLD.

Thanks for the ride Kieren.
    You're very welcome - and thank you for joining me.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Hmm.... the epilogue is kinda confusing with some loose ends (which I think can be answered with after stories).

What are they fighting now? Why the need for the distraction so that Takara can just speak to Alex? Did Rin just marry into the Edelfelts? What happened after Voldy's death? In the end who's the prophecy's chosen? What happened to the rest of the professors?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsnfan View Post
    Hmm.... the epilogue is kinda confusing with some loose ends (which I think can be answered with after stories).
    Indeed, it could. And I admit, I'm toying with the idea of doing another thread to publish them - and the "canon" omakes I've already written, so people don't need to trawl through the "Trinity Angles" thread to find them.

What are they fighting now? Why the need for the distraction so that Takara can just speak to Alex?
    "What" is, admittedly, unstated - but shouldn't be difficult to figure out, given the previous book . . .

And as to "why" - speaking as someone who's been through family fights like this, doing workarounds to avoid confrontations is usually far preferable to the alternative, even if they're complicated to pull off.

Did Rin just marry into the Edelfelts?
    Very good. You're the first one to comment on that; I was afraid no one had noticed - though I'm guessing your French isn't all that good, since you're not commenting on the full implication . . .

What happened after Voldy's death? In the end who's the prophecy's chosen? What happened to the rest of the professors?

Excellent questions.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette