Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2474114119122123124125 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 2483

Thread: [FF] Trinity VII: The Twilight (Type-Moon/Harry Potter X-over)

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    I noticed the fact that Rin apparently married Luvia. The hate sex must be the reason. Also Shirou and Illyasviel just can’t stop considering the fact that they now have 4 kids.
    Nice touch naming them after friends lost.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

So Live your life, you only get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai Burnout View Post
    I noticed the fact that Rin apparently married Luvia. The hate sex must be the reason.
    You're not wrong . . .

The official story involves (among other things) a little scheming, a lot of alcohol, and a thoroughly wrecked hotel suite. Ilya didn't stop cackling over it for a month, Shirou had to throw the bachelor party as Rin's best man, and Rin kicked Galen in the balls so hard he cleared six inches off the ground - but he's on Luvia's Christmas card list for life.

Also Shirou and Illyasviel just can’t stop considering the fact that they now have 4 kids.
    They were both only children, and didn't want that for their own kids. Also, as previously noted in the series, Veela are (super)naturally inclined to be wives and mothers. That said, she didn't expect Shirou to be quite this effective . . .

Nice touch naming them after friends lost.
    Indeed - or in the twins' case, ones they might have known, in another life.

. . . Funnily enough, Miyu is shy and quiet, while her twin is fairly outgoing - and has yet to really develop a sense of shame . . .
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

*read the epilogue* Let me guess, Ai is also a future In-Law for Ciel and Shiki?
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Perchè immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchè no?, è la risposta più adatta.
    Almeno, questo è ciò che credo io.

Spoiler:

CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWkillkenny84 View Post
    *read the epilogue* Let me guess, Ai is also a future In-Law for Ciel and Shiki?
    If she has anything to say about it, yes.

The fact that the resulting union will lead to an heir with both the Aozaki name (through Alex) and Aozaki blood (since Ai is Touko's granddaughter) is icing on the cake, really.
    Last edited by Kieran; January 15th, 2019 at 05:35 PM.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Huh, looks like u left the whole fight regarding hermione unsaid, but well placed. although this is as good a prologue i'd expect
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    . . . I suppose it could be a prologue - but to what?

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    . . . I suppose it could be a prologue - but to what?
    A wrecking of that horror called Cursed Child?
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Spoiler:

A bit late, but thank you for this end and whole story Kieran, nice work .

And in the meantime Tracey is still in the basement ^^
    "I am the core of my thoughts ; Belief is my body ; And choice is my blood
    I have revised over a thousand judgments
    Unafraid of loss ; Nor aware of gain
    Have withstood pain to update many times
    Waiting for truth's arrival. ; This is the one uncertain path.
    My whole life has been... ; Unlimited Bayes Works !"

- HP and the Methods of Rationality, Omake 4 : FATE/SANE NIGHT

Blog Entries
    Not really a problem, given that most of the characters involved are either dead (Albus' father, Scorpius' father, that guy who originally stole the experimental Time-Turner) or just flat-out don't exist to begin with.

(Not that it was ever going to be a problem, because as much as I'd like to see it performed on-stage just to see how they do it, that abomination has as many plotholes in it as the entire rest of the series combined . . . )

. . . Which is not to say, depending on my muse and whims, that said experimental Time-Turner might not be a problem in itself . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Malphas View Post
    A bit late, but thank you for this end and whole story Kieran, nice work .
    Late . . . Not really - but it's always appreciated. Thank you, and you're welcome, yourself.

And in the meantime Tracey is still in the basement ^^
    This is true . . . And, assuming she's let out, profoundly unhappy with the way things turned out.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Galen's cool and all, but can he defeat the Trolley Witch?
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Nope - she's got enough chocolate to take both him and Takara out of the fight.

. . . And Shirou would probably end up challenging her to a culinary contest, so that means it's down to the Hogwarts Four to save the day!

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    . . . OK, a couple of thoughts:

First, as I consider things, I do think I might do a "Trinity: The Aftermath" thread, for post-series one-shots and to "reprint" this omake in the Trinity Angles thread that I consider canon to the series. In terms of long-term sequels, however . . .

As far as the Wizarding World itself goes, the "Fantastic Beasts" series does a lot to broaden my imagination, but doesn't do much to do anything new, story-wise - not to mention that it's an ongoing series (for, probably, the next decade), which has issues of its own. So, I suppose, we'd be better served by a crossover, and preferably one that can mesh with the present setting, without doing another world-dump . . . But what kind?

The aforementioned Angles thread has netted a couple of promising ideas: "RWBY," various iterations of the "Persona" series, and "Artemis Fowl," to name a few - to say nothing of going back to TYPE-MOON for "Fate/Grand Order" or "Extra." However, each has their own pros and cons. In no particular order . . .

1) RWBY - It's action-packed (mostly), humorous, and has grand conspiracies and world-ending threats. However, it's an ongoing series with a lot of hidden backstory; and one I can't seem to access the latest season of, which slows my planning. Not to mention, knowing what I've learned of the more recent episodes, I'm not sure of the point . . .

2) Persona/Megami Tensei - Again, humorous and world-ending threats, to say nothing of eldritch powers beyond mere wizardry - but insofar as Persona 3, 4 and 5 are concerned, there's the drawback of our protagonists being a decade-plus older than the others, which makes the whole "high school" bit a little far-fetched. And the Megami Tensei stuff is just grim.

3) Artemis Fowl - Wizards vs. fairies vs. twelve-year-old criminal mastermind. While "Artemis Fowl" doesn't have quite the same urgency as, say, "Harry Potter" (a lot of the series' threats being personal, and not applicable if I fix them in early books), it does have someone capable of outthinking them on one side, and a second hidden society of magitech wielders who are on par with witches and wizards. Besides, I can't possibly screw it up worse than the actual author did in the last couple of books . . .

4) Marvel Cinematic Universe - This one is tricky, because it's another ongoing series, but I think I could do it. The catch being, of course, what do I get that the series doesn't already do?

5) DC Cinematic Extended Universe - This one is even more tricky, because the films are a mess. At least, "Batman vs. Superman" and "Justice League" are, but because of what they are to the canon, that's a problem . . .

Now, that said, I think I can fix it, if I use the Nolanverse trilogy as my basis for Batman, as opposed to reinventing the character a third (or fourth, if you count Schumacher's stuff as separate) time for the silver screen. It means a bit of a lag between that and the rest of the series, but I think it might be worth trying - maybe I can even through in the "Green Lantern" film for giggles.

. . . Or, I suppose, I could try "Justice League Dark" - it does have connections to Merlin . . .

6) The Mummy/Dark Universe - Yes, this was cancelled, but it had such potential . . .

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

I personally would love to see the Trinity as well as the rest of the Scarlet Seven go to Grand Order. A major part of that desire stems from me wanting to see the original from Typemoon cast react to facets of their world even they didn't know about as well as see their reactions to singularities like Camelot and Babylon where they have to face familiar faces under vastly different circumstances.

If I have to choose from the list however my pick would be the Persona crossover. While Megami Tensei is a very grim setting I feel the Persona setting is generally much more positive and the Trinity cast can always take on a mentoring role in the highschool setting. It would be thematically fitting too, as they graduated from being students so are now teachers.

Blog Entries
    Grand Order is tempting - really, really tempting, for so many reasons - but it's also an ongoing series. And one with no particular end in sight. Either I'd have to pick a cut-off point (which potentially means I'd miss out on things that people might want), or I'd be writing forever . . .

And that's not even getting into the curveballs that F/GO seems to like throwing around - Yu Miaoyi, just for starters . . .?

EDIT: I forgot to point out that I am not averse to taking ideas; nor am I immune to considering other TYPE-MOON crossovers - such as Rin and Luvia adopting a little girl they come across . . .
    Last edited by Kieran; January 23rd, 2019 at 10:08 AM.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I kind of would like to see the whole fight that came about after Hermione's... "revelation" of her condition.
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

Grand Order is tempting - really, really tempting, for so many reasons - but it's also an ongoing series. And one with no particular end in sight. Either I'd have to pick a cut-off point (which potentially means I'd miss out on things that people might want), or I'd be writing forever . . .

And that's not even getting into the curveballs that F/GO seems to like throwing around - Yu Miaoyi, just for starters . . .?

EDIT: I forgot to point out that I am not averse to taking ideas; nor am I immune to considering other TYPE-MOON crossovers - such as Rin and Luvia adopting a little girl they come across . . .
    You could always stop at "BEAST I/King GOETIA's defeat", with the justification "because/thanks to the 're-reincarnated' characters taking the places of this and that characters plus their actions the whole Crypters&Lost Belts bussiness got wrecked beyond recognition. The Alien God that caused them in the first place? Got nommed as the midnight snack by the Crystal Spider because the 'foreign entity' made the fatal error of landing in its area of residence in South America instead of in the Antartic".
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    I kind of would like to see the whole fight that came about after Hermione's... "revelation" of her condition.
    That would go in the "Aftermath" thread - if I ever write that particular chapter. As I said earlier, I've been through a couple of family fights like that in my life; they're really damned depressing, to put it mildly.

You could always stop at "BEAST I/King GOETIA's defeat", with the justification "because/thanks to the 're-reincarnated' characters taking the places of this and that characters plus their actions the whole Crypters&Lost Belts bussiness got wrecked beyond recognition. The Alien God that caused them in the first place? Got nommed as the midnight snack by the Crystal Spider because the 'foreign entity' made the fatal error of landing in its area of residence in South America instead of in the Antartic".
    True . . . Though it would still be a long project. Although, I must admit, some of the scenes might be amusing . . .

Hermione: All right - I know we joke about "adding to the harem," but given that we're going to meet up with people that Galen is extremely fond of and attracted to, it's more possible than he'd want to admit. So, he'll want to avoid temptation, which means not sending him out on certain missions.

Takara: Like . . .?

Hermione: *Sighs* Well, let me think . . . Orleans has Jeanne d'Arc Alter, London has Frankenstein and Mordred and Nursery Rhyme - though they're all less of a worry than Alter; Mordred is even less interested in romance than Arturia, Frankenstein he mostly wants to hug and comfort, and Nursery Rhyme is a little girl.

Takara: Which means that she's more someone who pushes his "Aw, how cute!" buttons . . .*Smirks* At least we could tease him about her.

Hermione: True, but he'd only retort that she's actually a storybook -

Takara: *Raises eyebrow* Which means we can tease you about her?

Hermione: TAKARA! . . . *Sighs* In any case, Septem is also a non-starter - Nero is possibly an even bigger threat than Jeanne d'Arc Alter.

Takara: How so? I thought Nero was a Roman Emperor . . .?

Hermione: She is - she also manifests as a bustier, more shameless clone of Arturia, with all the hedonism associated with the Roman Empire. And there's a very good chance that, upon meeting us, she'll attempt to add us to her harem . . .

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

That would go in the "Aftermath" thread - if I ever write that particular chapter. As I said earlier, I've been through a couple of family fights like that in my life; they're really damned depressing, to put it mildly.

True . . . Though it would still be a long project. Although, I must admit, some of the scenes might be amusing . . .

Hermione: All right - I know we joke about "adding to the harem," but given that we're going to meet up with people that Galen is extremely fond of and attracted to, it's more possible than he'd want to admit. So, he'll want to avoid temptation, which means not sending him out on certain missions.

Takara: Like . . .?

Hermione: *Sighs* Well, let me think . . . Orleans has Jeanne d'Arc Alter, London has Frankenstein and Mordred and Nursery Rhyme - though they're all less of a worry than Alter; Mordred is even less interested in romance than Arturia, Frankenstein he mostly wants to hug and comfort, and Nursery Rhyme is a little girl.

Takara: Which means that she's more someone who pushes his "Aw, how cute!" buttons . . .*Smirks* At least we could tease him about her.

Hermione: True, but he'd only retort that she's actually a storybook -

Takara: *Raises eyebrow* Which means we can tease you about her?

Hermione: TAKARA! . . . *Sighs* In any case, Septem is also a non-starter - Nero is possibly an even bigger threat than Jeanne d'Arc Alter.

Takara: How so? I thought Nero was a Roman Emperor . . .?

Hermione: She is - she also manifests as a bustier, more shameless clone of Arturia, with all the hedonism associated with the Roman Empire. And there's a very good chance that, upon meeting us, she'll attempt to add us to her harem . . .

And what of Illya 'Animusphere', seeing as some of the summoned ones do a bodysharing with the other members of the Emiya Harem? This of course not adding Murphy messing with the summonings and have one of the Boobturias (Lancer/Lancer Alter) being 'canon' Arturia (the Fate Route one)?

Oh, to add more hijinks, what if in said Grand Order Scenario they summon Caster: Harry Potter... during Babylonia? Would he be able to understand Tiamat (given the fact that Parseltongue is a part of his legend)?
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    And what of Illya 'Animusphere', seeing as some of the summoned ones do a bodysharing with the other members of the Emiya Harem?
    Well, short of Ishtar probably ending up in Luvia (and Ereshkigal still being Rin), not much would probably change - though you're right that some of the meetings would be interesting (Chloe and Prisma Illya, alone - and now Miyu-chan! ) . . .

This of course not adding Murphy messing with the summonings and have one of the Boobturias (Lancer/Lancer Alter) being 'canon' Arturia (the Fate Route one)?
    True . . .

Oh, to add more hijinks, what if in said Grand Order Scenario they summon Caster: Harry Potter... during Babylonia? Would he be able to understand Tiamat (given the fact that Parseltongue is a part of his legend)?
    That's sort of been done, actually.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Fixed a math error on the epilogue, because I'm an idiot - it took me this long to realise it . . .!
    Last edited by Kieran; January 23rd, 2023 at 01:19 PM.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette