Page 118 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1868108113116117118119120123 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2483

Thread: [FF] Trinity VII: The Twilight (Type-Moon/Harry Potter X-over)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This.
    was worth the wait.
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

I will never get bored of reading your fight scenes, from Galen vs Saber to this chapter. Nice work.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

I'm nearly wondering, is there anyone remaining in Voldy's army after this ?
    Good job Kieran, and no problem for the wait (I tend to think finishing a story is the hardest part of writing one)
    "I am the core of my thoughts ; Belief is my body ; And choice is my blood
    I have revised over a thousand judgments
    Unafraid of loss ; Nor aware of gain
    Have withstood pain to update many times
    Waiting for truth's arrival. ; This is the one uncertain path.
    My whole life has been... ; Unlimited Bayes Works !"

- HP and the Methods of Rationality, Omake 4 : FATE/SANE NIGHT

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    This.
    was worth the wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    I will never get bored of reading your fight scenes, from Galen vs Saber to this chapter. Nice work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malphas View Post
    Good job Kieran, and no problem for the wait (I tend to think finishing a story is the hardest part of writing one)
    Thank you, all. I'm more grateful than I could possibly express - both at your understanding, and that you found the wait worthwhile. As I said, this was a monster to set up. Not just in figuring out what each side/member would do, but also in terms of both the scale of the conflict (I've never written a fight this big before, and with something like this, you want to make sure everyone gets a chance to shine), and in the balance of the conflict; it's no fun if it's a flat-out curbstomp for either side.

. . . Well, no - it is fun, but after the buildup of seven books, it would be kind of disappointing if the Seven just wiped out Voldemort without any seemingly significant effort, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Malphas View Post
    I'm nearly wondering, is there anyone remaining in Voldy's army after this ?
    If you think about it, there are at least three major players unaccounted for - not including the man himself . . .
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bellatrix is still unaccounted for...
    Shin as well.
    Not to mention Crouch Jr.
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Very true - although that's assuming that Shin is in any condition to fight (or any condition beyond "room temperature," really) . . .

. . . Incidentally, I neglected to add the music link when I posted last night; that has now been corrected. Enjoy!

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Why I can see the 'ghosts' of the EMIYA-related Servants munching popcorn and commenting on the quality of the massacre, perched on one of the towers?
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Perchè immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchè no?, è la risposta più adatta.
    Almeno, questo è ciò che credo io.

Spoiler:

CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!

Worth the wait, as always!
    Luna is the ONE person any potter story interacts with that I can see thinking of sandstone's properties for use in construction. And then properly abusing the hell out of it.

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    Great Chapter. Voldemort really should've learned by now, EVERYTHING is a TRAP. After all, he's been blown up or shot three times now. I agree with the above. Key players that are missing are Shin, Crouch Jr., and Voldemort himself. I love the back and forth style faux debate over which is the better sword. Can't wait til the next one. Also Takara's line was the funniest in the chapter.

After the final battle:

"You need a mana infusion, NOW!"

"Wait a minute, why are you stripping?"
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

So Live your life, you only get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWkillkenny84 View Post
    Why I can see the 'ghosts' of the EMIYA-related Servants munching popcorn and commenting on the quality of the massacre, perched on one of the towers?
    Now that sounds like a fun omake to read . . .

Pity I wouldn't be able to do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Worth the wait, as always!
    Thank you.

Luna is the ONE person any potter story interacts with that I can see thinking of sandstone's properties for use in construction. And then properly abusing the hell out of it.
    Well, I went to all the trouble of giving them individual fighting styles, as you may recall - I figured I might as well have them use them.

. . . And yeah, I thought that of Luna, too - as well as adding in the giggles sort-of-on-purpose, both because she's having fun beating on the Death Eaters, and because it's even more fun freaking them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai Burnout View Post
    Great Chapter.
    Thank you.

Voldemort really should've learned by now, EVERYTHING is a TRAP. After all, he's been blown up or shot three times now.
    Well, in every encounter, his megalomaniacal ego really doesn't consider the possibility that he'll lose; therefore, he never contemplates that he'll have to suffer those kinds of attacks again.

I love the back and forth style faux debate over which is the better sword.
    Much like with the fighting styles, there was a fair amount of setup and speculation over each sword's properties; I wanted to make sure they were done justice. (And objectively speaking, the Sword of Gryffindor is the deadlier weapon, because it can be used on anybody - whereas Takara's is a bit more target-specific in unleashing its full potential.)

. . . I didn't get a chance to mention it, but Mellinoe's defence can be overwhelmed, if the caster of the spell is more powerful than the enchanter of the sword - but since that's Galen (and to a slightly lesser extent, Shirou), that's obviously a very short list.

Can't wait til the next one.
    Always nice to hear.

Also Takara's line was the funniest in the chapter.
    Oh, good - I was worried it was a bit too risqué - and/or out-of-character for her.

After the final battle:

"You need a mana infusion, NOW!"

"Wait a minute, why are you stripping?"
    . . . Another hilarious-sounding omake I don't think I could write.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Quick update: I'm off to Fan Expo for the next four days, so no update this weekend - or probably next weekend, come to that, since I'll be recovering from my vacation.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Thank you for this good chapter Kieran.
    You're going near "come on! these weapons are too powerful, it's not fair" with these swords but that's a pretty good level of power for all these teams at the end of the final seventh book.
    I am really impressed you made it to keep the level after all the good stuff going on before.
    And again that's very nice of you to make shiny moments for a maximum of people.

Take your time, i'll look forward the last chapters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by belby View Post
    Thank you for this good chapter Kieran.
    And thank you for saying so.

You're going near "come on! these weapons are too powerful, it's not fair" with these swords but that's a pretty good level of power for all these teams at the end of the final seventh book.
    Well, I'd spent so long building them up, I felt they deserved to live up to the hype . . . But I do take your point.

I am really impressed you made it to keep the level after all the good stuff going on before.
    And again that's very nice of you to make shiny moments for a maximum of people.
    And again, thank you for saying so. Honestly, without you readers, I'd probably have given all this up ages ago - this chapter in particular, with all the trouble it gave me.

Take your time, i'll look forward the last chapters.
    I appreciate your patience.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Quick update: I'm off to Fan Expo for the next four days, so no update this weekend - or probably next weekend, come to that, since I'll be recovering from my vacation.
    All four days? I can barely take five hours there. There just never seems too much to do outside the dealers room.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Really? I grabbed one autograph (Cerina Vincent), spent an hour inside the gaming room with a buddy of mine, tried a Doctor Who-themed escape room (loads of fun) and attended five different panels (would've been six, but two of them were cancelled on me) - and if I hadn't decided to skip a couple of events, I would've done more.

. . . And honestly, between the RWBY Q+A, the Carmilla Q+A, Ed Greenwood and Stephen Amell, I haven't laughed so often or so hard in ages.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    . . . So, after chewing things over for a couple of weeks in my "spare time" (thank you, work ), and sketching things out a bit, I've come to the conclusion that I've hit . . . Not quite writer's block, but certainly a stumbling block - and I need your help to continue.

See, we're in the home stretch here - final battle, and whatnot - and it's finally occurred to me that in order to make it satisfying for you all, I really ought to ask what you want (and if I were any denser, I could be used as radiation shielding ).

To that end, I have two questions:

1) Are there any particular matchups you'd like to see? Neville vs. Bellatrix or Barty (since they did, after all, torture his parents)? Galen vs. Greyback? Anything like that? (And Tom Riddle is a special category, so he's not relevant to this particular discussion. )

2) Would you prefer to see Voldemort die in fire, or lightning?

Think about it, and I'll accommodate you all as is possible - please and thank you.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Glad to see there's progress. As for matchups, hmmm..... I would like to see a Galen vs Shin rematch, or Takara vs Shin. Belatrix vs Neville is a good route to go to highlight how your version of him is different. Honestly Greyback could be taken by anyone but I guess Galen has the most reasons to hate him. I think we should break it down so everyone has a personal villain to confront.

As for Voldemort. How about Fire, Lightning and Steel.
    Last edited by Rai Burnout; October 10th, 2017 at 08:49 PM.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai Burnout View Post
    Glad to see there's progress.
    Oh, there is, if not as much as I'd like. As I said, I kept hitting walls - because I wanted to do the best possible job for this; I think after this long, we've all earned it. But I finally realised that I could play around with details in my head forever, but to really do the job right, I needed to know what I should set as objectives - to wit, ask the readers.

As for matchups, hmmm..... I would like to see a Galen vs Shin rematch, or Takara vs Shin.
    . . . All right, then, I suppose he is alive - guess I'll have to figure out how to beef him up into some kind of threat while I'm at it.

Belatrix vs Neville is a good route to go to highlight how your version of him is different.
    That was one of the reasons I considered it - but I also thought a match of the speed demons (Bellatrix vs. Takara) might be fun, so I wasn't sure which way to jump.

Honestly Greyback could be taken by anyone but I guess Galen has the most reasons to hate him.
    Well, him and Remus, yeah. And while I don't want to ignore the "adults" entirely, I'm operating under the assumption that it's the Seven you'd all rather see kick ass, eh?

I think we should break it down so everyone has a personal villain to confront.
    That is the plan - I just want an idea of everybody's preferential matchups.

As for Voldemort. How about Fire, Lightning and Steel.
    While I know what you mean, I feel obligated to point out that steel is a given, since it'll be at sword's-point.

. . . Anybody else?

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Yeah, the story's called Trinity, the focus has always been on the three so Voldermort is a guarenteed showdown between Galen, Takara and Shirou. Plus the way he's been fixated on them lately, he wouldn't have it any other way. I can even see his justification, in canon he was ecstatic at the prophecy, at the idea that only a prophesied hero could take him on. Facing three is a sign of even greater respect. Until they go for the jugular.

As for others, how about Crouch Jr. and co versus the adults?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Shirou vs Voldemort. Son vs Father.

A Star Wars match up.

Takara vs Shin.

A payback long overdue.

Galen vs Greyback.

Another payback long overdue.