Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 123471252 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortissimo EXS // Trigger: Verzweiflung (IC thread)

Blog Entries

Fukami Mikoto
    Road 2- Afternoon

I throw every bit of physical strength I have at Shinozaki and he meets me head on. My initial punch is easily intercepted by his sharp instincts but the barrage of blow only escalates from there. Whereas before we would attack and control the space between us, now we are simply going toe-to-toe. The exchange is acceptionally brutal, but neither of us care. Despite our brutish act, the two of us are communicating in the best way we know how.

Eventually, what started off as an unscheduled brawl dies down as the two of us fall on our asses, completely exausted. In the end, I dare say I won, but that could just be my pride egging me towards a decisive result. Even if I'm a magus with a supposedly immortal body, I still don't consider myself one of the most physically daunting opponents. It's for this reason that I can admire the strength of people like Shinozaki. Perhaps I can even say I'm somewhat jealous of him. While I surely felt Shinozaki's reason for becoming strong, I know that it's an innocent desire.

"Damn... That really hurt, Sempai... Might have to leave round three for another time... Shit."
    Having caught his breath, Shinozaki gives me an indirect compliment and jokes about round three. Feeling my own second wind blowing in, I can't help but instinctively turn to him with a look that asks 'ready to go'. As our eyes meet, I realize how silly the idea of more fighting is and put on an awkward grin. Rubbing the back of my head, I release my brief nervousness with a laugh and Shinozaki soon joins me. Before we know it, the two us are sharing a hearty laugh despite not being in much of a condition to do so.

However, it only lasts for just a moment. Immediately afterward, Shinozaki turns back to me with a serious expression. Unlike when we're fighting, I've never seen him like this in conversation. It makes me feel as though he's opening up to me more and more.

"I want to sign up for the martial arts tournament. It's in a few weeks. But I need a team of four fighters and someone to act as an agent for that... You are the strongest person I know, Sempai, so..."
    He doesn't have to say anymore to get his point across. Know instantly what it is he's trying to say. So, with a smile on my face, I rise to my feet and offer him a hand up, "I'd be honored, Shinozaki-san." Answering him with the same level of seriousness he relayed to me, I take his hand and pull him up.

"But, I can't help but feel like you're giving me a little too much credit here..." Feeling a little sheepish, I speak my mind. "After all, you're no slouch yourself. Personally, I think you're much stronger than me right now. You might not realize it yet though. All the same, thank you. I've never been the strongest person anyone knew before."

With Shinozaki's hand still in mine, I laugh again as I shake his hand to signify a new point in our friendship. With that out of the way, I let go and give him a thumbs up with a confident wink.

"Whatever I can do, I'll help you win that tournament. Count on it." Saying something straight out of a shonen manga, I immediately transition back into rubbing the back of my head while playfully sticking out my tongue. "Just... not today. Sorry... You see, I kinda have a bit of prior business I need to attend to for now. But if you call me up later, I'll be glad to help. Oh! I guess I should give you my number then."

And with that, Shinozaki and I exchange numbers and make it our goal to win the upcoming tournament. Sure there are a few things we'll have to get out of the way first, but I'm more than confident that we'll be able to win it, no prob. After discussing a few plans with Shinozaki, we set off in different directions along the street. However, forgetting to say one last thing, I turn around to voice one last thing.

"And by the way... Sempai is cool and all, but I don't mind if you call me Mikoto either. After all, you're kinda my partner now, Shinozaki."

Dropping the honorfic from the boy's name, I tell him that it's okay if he calls me by my name. Without even waiting for a proper response, I turn around and continue along my way.
    (BGM on)

Drawing closer to the Nakamura household, I feel the stiffness in my muscles begin to fade away. A warm breeze sweeps past me and my body is filled with energy. The events of the day so far have gotten me so pumped up that I'd almost forgotten about the serious matter I wanted to address. And while the issue is still weighing heavy on my mind, I can't help but find myself in a good mood.

"Yosh~!"

Psyching myself up even more, I decide to run the rest of the way towards the Nakamura's. My powers aside, I do have a martial arts tournament coming up. If I want to have any hopes of winning, I have to train every moment I can. And it's like they say, 'no time like the present'!
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Hisamatsu Kanko
    Shopping District – Afternoon

"Hey... My car... That's my car!"

Having seen a car with its doors open and the key inside, you had not hesitated. The number of crimes you bore did not matter, as a hero you put the life that was at stake before your own. Now that you had a vehicle, the chances of survival for the girl had risen considerably. Still, she was in a very bad shape so every minute counted. With no time to lose, you put the pedal to the metal-!

After pulling some amazing driving stunts and almost running over two high school students -You had it under control, really.-, you made it out of the shopping district in one piece and in less than ten minutes you arrived at the hospital. Calling help before doing anything else, a team of medics soon came out of the building and helped you get the wounded out of the car. After that, you could only watch and follow as they carefully placed her on a stretcher and quickly moved her to the Operation Room.

You decided to sit down and wait.

"She was pretty lucky... Have you brought her a couple of minutes, I don't think she would have made it. But don't worry, she'll be fine. Are you friend or family?"

You told the doctor that you were neither, that you had just been in the right place at the right time. A little bit confused, the man tilted his head, before asking a simple question:

"Aren't you Hisamatsu Kanko...?"
    You nodded. "Well, it's weird, because she kept calling out your name. She's conscious and she can talk, so I suppose you should see what's that all about." Then, he added, as an afterthought: "Oh, and while you are at it, Could you ask her for her name? I am sure she would give it to you. On our side we did not have much luck, you see?"

With no other choice but to accept the request, you were literally forced into Room 109. There, the girl was half-sitting on the bed, deep in thought. When she noticed you, however, she simply beamed a natural smile at you. Just from looking at her, you could tell that this wouldn't end here. It was the beginning of a relationship of which you could not escape.

Name:  230px-Jinie [www.imagesplitter.net].jpeg
Views: 1168
Size:  10.0 KB
    LEVEL UP!
    -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

"Name's Saori. Inao Saori. And you are
    Hisamatsu Kanko, pleased to meet you. Thanks for saving my ass back there." She answered before you could even ask. "I am sorry if it sounds a bit creepy, but I am no stalker or anything. The reason I know your name is a tad bit silly, and you probably wouldn't believe me, anyways.

Kanko, do you mind if I call you by your first name? Well, do you believe in magic? I..."
    There was a brief pause, and regardless of your answer, the girl eventually continued: "I can see names over people's heads... And how many days they have left to live. Yeah... No need to pretend, you probably think I am crazy by now, hahahaha- Ow!"

Taking a deep breath, Saori's expression became serious one. Something told you she was going to ask you to do something for her, and indeed, your intuition was right.

"The doc is going to come in a few minutes. He'll probably want to know my name and why I ended up here like this."
    The girl bit her lip. "Could I ask you not to tell him what you saw? Make up something, anything, but please don't tell him the truth. I beg of you, Kanko-san."

At the same time she finished the sentence, the door opened and the devil walked through it.

"Well?"

The doctor avoided the girl's gaze entirely and focused on you. He looked at you as if asking for answers...
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis Suncofold's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hisamatsu Kanko
    Shopping District – Afternoon

"She was pretty lucky... Have you brought her a couple of minutes, I don't think she would have made it.”

Kanko breathed a sigh of relief, feeling a rush of pure joy at the news. He’d saved her, with minimal bloodshed. Nearly sagging in relief, he answered the next couple of questions, before agreeing to talk to the patient. After all, how did she know his name?

Surprisingly enough, she was well enough to sit up in bed, and even flashed him a smile.

“Name's Saori. Inao Saori. And you are Hisamatsu Kanko, pleased to meet you. Thanks for saving my ass back there. I’m sorry if it sounds a bit creepy, but I’m not a stalker or anything. The reason I know your name is a tad bit silly, and you probably wouldn't believe me, anyways.

“Kanko, do you mind if I call you by your first name? Well, do you believe in magic? I..." She paused briefly, and Kanko waited for her to continue. "I can see names over people's heads... And how many days they have left to live. Yeah... No need to pretend, you probably think I am crazy by now, hahahaha- Ow!"

Kanko couldn’t help but feel amusement at the situation. How many times had he been on her end of the conversation, trying to explain his powers to the people he’d saved? Oh, who was he kidding. He never did. But he’d imagined himself trying to countless times, and here this girl was, trying to explain a magic ability to a man already exposed to it. Ironic, he supposed.

Saori recovered from her pain and spoke again. “The doc is going to come in a few minutes. He'll probably want to know my name and why I ended up here like this." She bit her lip. "Could I ask you not to tell him what you saw? Make up something, anything, but please don't tell him the truth. I beg of you, Kanko-san.”

Kanko opened his mouth to ask why when the doctor entered the room. “Well?” the man asked, looking expectant.

“She was being robbed,” Kanko lied smoothly, not missing a beat. “I guess some thugs thought she was a typical rich girl at the mall and tried to jump her. I accidently came across them and, well, one panicked and stabbed her.” He rubbed his head awkwardly. “I had to fight them since they wanted to kill me too, and by the time I dealt with them her wound was pretty bad. I would’ve called 119, but there was no time, so I came directly here.”

Kanko finished and braced himself for the inevitable questions.

Current Fanfics:

Reynard Everheart (Mereo)
    Shopping District
    - Afternoon

"Ahahahahaha! Good answer, good answer!" It seemed your words had succeeded in bringing Johnie Gamble back to a good mood. "I like your attitude, partner. With some training, you could easily become a successful babe hunter, just like me."

As you walked through the Shopping District, you made sure to show Johnie all the points of interest you could spot. And while he, from time to time, stopped his march to show interest in some of the places that were there, the topic would always switch back to 'risk, gamble and/or women'. You figured this was the kind of person Johnie was deep down, and that it would be practically impossible for someone to change him. Still, you couldn't shake the feeling that if he kept playing with life as if it were a game just like that, something... Bad would happen to him. Not that you thought something like that would actually happen, but the premonition was there.

"We should play a game of poker one of these days. And if we manage to get a couple of girls to join us, I am sure we could convince them to play a special kind of poker, if you know what I mean."

Johnie was delighted with the idea of having Japanese girls play strip poker with him. Maybe because of this, he didn't even notice the speeding car that dangerously headed in your direction until it was a little bit too late. You were next to him of course, and while you had noticed this before he had, you had not been able to react in time either. The car had been faster...

...And had somehow managed to avoid the two of you.

That had been a close call. A minute back you had tried to push Johnie out of the way to save his life out of pure instinct. Granted, you had been too slow, but there was a reason why your body had reacted in that way. You were a magus, and as one, being ran over by a car would have done little damage to your body, which also possessed advanced healing capabilities. On the other hand, if the American boy had been unlucky, he could had died right there.

Johnie Gamble was the first to stand. Contrary to your expectations, he was not angry at the driver or anything, and he just wiped off the dust of his clothes as if nothing had happening. He walked up to you and helped you stand up, since you had also ended up on the floor.

"This is nothing. You should have seen how my father drove."

As you stood up, you could feel that Johnie was starting to think of you as a friend rather than just a new acquaintance. A new bond was born between the two of you-!

Name:  rsz_1207352200_f.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  12.2 KBLEVEL UP!
    -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

"I wanna check out that big mall over there. Didn't know they had one of those over here! Come on, Partner! Adventure calls!"

As Johnie literally ran towards the place, you were left with no choice but to follow him. Once inside, you reluctantly agreed to show him around the Milky Way. Every time you had come here it had been with someone who knew how to move inside without getting lost. Now you were on your own as a guide to your new friend. You trusted that with your accumulated experience, nothing wrong would happen.

Ten minutes later, you realized there was always a first time for everything. You were lost-!
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Lucille Fairiday (KT)
    Wonderland - Time Unknown

You chased the after the white rabbit, which led you all the way through a forest and into a clearing. In all honesty, you didn't know how much time you had run, but you were sure that you had covered a considerable distance. There, you met with other people who had chased after their respective rabbits and had ended up in the same place.

"..."

The white haired girl that silently stood there caught your attention first. Unlike you, she had managed to capture her rabbit between her arms and it was evident that, despite the creature's complains, she wouldn't let go of it. Its pocket watch was nowhere to be seen. Before you could approach this girl to talk some information out of her, a wild spectacle interrupted you:

"There we go. That'll show ya not to mess up with me!"

The other person there, a man with a mafia-boss kind of look had finally caught his rabbit and... Killed it. You didn't know where he had taken the bloody knife from, but you wished he would lend it to you so you could get yours to finally shut up. It didn't need to repeat its message a thousand times for you to get it. You weren't a retard.

And then, suddenly...

"Welcome to Wonderland!"

You heard a voice addressing you. No matter how hard you tried, you could not pinpoint the source of the voice, but it had to be pretty close, as you could hear it perfectly. It was as if someone was standing right next to you...

The three of you automatically adopted a fighting stance, aware of the killing intent that surrounded the area.

"Hehehehehehehe!"
    The voice let out a creepy laugh. You could tell that whoever was there was making fun of you, and was having a good time in doing so. "If you could only see the grin in my face right now! Heheheheheheheh!"

"Cut the crap, kid."
    Kubo Naoya had no patience or time for this kind of thing, though. "I don't know what the fuck you did but when I find you I am going to cut you to pieces, ya hear me? What the fuck is this? Where am I?"

After a minute of silence, the voice responded, mildly annoyed, but this time completely serious.

"I told you already. This is Wonderland. But you can probably tell this world is just a result of a magical effect, can't you? You know, because you are supposed to be Magi and all..."
    Naoya took a step back, as this was not the answer he had expected and the straightforward attitude of the voice had caught him by surprise. "The three of you I mean."

Nobody said anything.

"I thought so~ Then stay silent and let me explain why you are here! Heheheheheehehehehe!"
    Happy that it had managed to intimidate you, the voice returned to its usual mood. "Later today, a ritual known as Ragnarok will start, in which several Magi will fight and kill each other in order to reach the Ultimate Magic, something capable of granting your every wish~. You three have been chosen to participate, and you will not be able to avoid this 'competition'."

While the girl and you found yourselves out of words after the mention of something capable of granting any wish one could ask for, the other boy managed to remain unimpressed and still dared to oppose the voice that addressed you.

"Don't joke with me. That shit isn't possible. Even if it were, I don't give a single fuck. Just show your face so we can finish this shit and go home with m-"

However, at that instant, Naoya's mouth was covered with magical duck tape, one that he didn't seem capable of removing himself. Similarly, his hands and legs were quickly bound after that.

"Didn't I tell you to shut your trap? Hehehehehehehe!"
    The voice mocked the now inoffensive man. "Anyhow, I am not here to explain you the rules of this game, nor I am supposed to, but since you three gave me a good laugh, I am going to tell you the basic. So hear well: Whenever Ragnarok takes place, you will be transported to a different space. Only Magi are accepted in that space. Once in there, you are expected to kill at least one Magi to go back to your world. To make it easier, a totally fun feature was added to the original plan. Wanna hear it? Heheheheheehehe!

One of you will be selected and announced to the other players in a totally cool way! If you fail to kill that person by the time the countdown reaches zero, you will all die! Hehehehehehehehehe!"

What sort of sick game was this?

"That's right. It's a hunting game! And you, like my Master, are hunters! I've called you here because I am sure that you can kill anyone in there just to have your wish granted... Or just to see the world burn! Hehehehehehe!"

"... So," For the first time, the girl opened her mouth to speak. "You want us to cooperate with you and your master. Am I wrong?"

To that the voice just laughed back, amused.

"Yes, you are~. We don't care about the rules of this game! We just love to do what we do and we do it because of love! We decided to call you here to inform you that, no matter who is to be hunted..."
    An ominous feeling. "WE'LL BE COMING FOR YOUR FIRST! HEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHAHAHAHAHAAHAEHEAHEAHHAEHAHA!"

When a sudden surge of light blinded you, you knew it was supposed to take you back to the place where you had come from. However, despite the brightness, you were able to distinguish a vague figure in the distance... In all honesty, it looked like a fat cat... And it was wearing the widest grin you had ever seen in your life.

Lucille Fairiday then awakened, sitting in the back seat of a car, with two corpses and a bullet between the eyes that should had blown her head. It does not take her long to realize that...

The vehicle was currently underwater.

Nakamura Shinji (Neko)
    Starlight Academy - Rooftop - Afternoon

"Oh? I see, so you are The Raven. I hear you."

Yoshiota Chisato had no idea who that was or what offers s/he offered, so in truth she was just pretending to know in order to buy time. Making a 180 degree turn, she made a quick sprint back to the hall were most of the students were. With a quick glance, she confirmed that none of them was using a phone or a similar device. In other words, The Raven was not among them.

And, being completely sure that the culprit was still inside the academy, this only helped to strengthen the theory that Hishikawa Nanako was the one she was looking for.

"Heh. And you know this, how? Your reaction was quite fast, so you must have been prepared... Stop the act, you dripping cunt, I know its you. Give me a reason not to go there right now and give you a slow and painful death."

Well, at least she was talking.

-------

Nakamura Akio
    Sakura Tree - Afternoon

"Ummm... Walking home together would be good, for today. And don't worry, Akio-san, your eyes tell the truth. You are innocent~"

It turned out that Mana's house wasn't that far from yours, so you would be together most of the way back. And although your pace was neither slow nor fast, each second seemed to last an eternity. You needed to strike a conversation, but you needed a topic that would be interesting at the very last. While you would prefer to talk about simple things and get to know each other better that way, you had the feeling that you would have to be a little more creative if you wanted to make a good impression. You were trying to think of one, when Aomori Mana decided to break the ice herself:

"Do you have any preferences when it comes to girls, Akio-san? I mean, I've never been in a relationship before, so I am not sure what is expected of me... You know, assuming I become your girlfriend... What does a girlfriend do for her boyfriend? What does a boyfriend do for his girlfriend?"

Not the most expected questions, but you were supposed to give an answer...

Reynard Everheart
    Road to Shopping District -> Milky Way

"This is nothing. You should have seen how my father drove."

Rei was a little frustrated at the driver. What were the police doing, after all, letting a madman on the street like that? However, when faced with Johnie's rather cool attitude to the fact that they had almost gotten run over, he had no choice but to calm down. It wasn't even surprising, really; judging from the bandages covering him, it was entirely possible that Johnie was simply used to getting injured - not that that was an entirely comforting thought to Rei.

"Still, it's a good thing you didn't get hurt. If you cover yourself in too many bandages, everybody will think the new transfer student is a mummy - and, to be honest girls around here probably aren't too interested in those."

As Rei brushed some dirt off his shirt, Johnie had finally taken note of the Milky way. Rei had hoped to show some of the other shops first, and maybe grab a guide of the giant mall before heading in, but it was too late. Rather than risk Johnie getting lost inside, he opted to chase after him; in the worst case scenario, they would at least be lost together.

Not that that would happen. After all, getting lost was a thing for other people - not Rei.

XXX

BGM

It wasn't too bad, at the beginning anyway. Even Rei was familiar with the layout near the entrance of the mall. It was further in, however, that he had started to get the feeling he had taken a wrong turn somewhere, ending up in a part of the mall he had never been in - or at least never paid attention to - before. Rei didn't want to admit it, but one way or another, he had actually gotten... lost.

It wasn't a big deal though. All he had to do was use his magic, and he would find the way out. No problem, right?

...well, it shouldn't have been anyway. However, while trying to call upon his power, something strange happened. Nothing happened at all, and while Rei was still getting used to his abilities, this had never happened before.

Rei decided that he would need to talk with Akio and Hitomi about this - after he showed Johnie around. Not being able to use magic was worrying, but he had lived most of his life without magic; another day or two without it wouldn't be too bad.

For the moment, he concentrated on how to get un-lost, before deciding it didn't matter. He was here to show Johnie around, after all - so what did it matter if they did a little exploring?

Rei just hoped, you know, Johnie wouldn't notice him looking around, trying to at least keep track of where they had been.

Fukami Mikoto
    Nakamura Residence - Evening

"Ah... You are one of Akio's friends from school, right?"

With bags under her eyes, it was clear that the Nakamura Hitomi who had opened the door had spent at least one night without sleep. A rather messy hairstyle and a somnolent voice completed her hermit-like look. Despite her appearance and the unexpected nature of your visit, she invited you to come in without giving it a second thought.

You had never been inside such a big house before. How many people lived there? The first thing that caught your attention was the size of the TV they owned, but it quickly diverted to the table where you spotted a pair handguns and a handkerchief. If you had to guess, you would say she had been cleaning them by the time the bell had rung.

"They are unloaded."
    The girl said, as she walked towards the fridge. "Have a seat. Would you like something to drink?"

Leaving a gun on the table was a careless act -Let alone two!- considering Hitomi didn't know you well, but it could also be interpreted as a threat: 'You are in my house, so watch your step'. Truth was, it was neither. For Nakamura Hitomi, these guns were part of her and, as an extension, part of the place she called 'home'. Even when Akio and his friend Rei were around, she would leave them at exposed places like this. However, no matter how many times the two boys had tried to get a hold of the weapons she owned, they would always be caught in the act. It was as if Hitomi herself was connected to her weapons and she could feel when they were in danger...

"Damnit, not again."
    She cursed in a low voice, after confirming that the fridge was practically empty. Only a small bottle of water had survived Natsume Raku's wrath. "Sorry, but it water will have to do. We have a neighbor thief that always sneaks in through the window and steals all the food... I can hardly make ends meet like this..." Hitomi sulked, as she took a seat next to you and handed you a glass of water.

"Mmmmm... Akio is late. And I don't think I've have seen you with brother before... What's your relationship with him?"
    Hitomi leaned closer as she asked a rather unexpected question: "Are you his girlfriend...?"
    Last edited by hero; August 12th, 2012 at 01:25 PM.

Blog Entries

Fukami Mikoto
    Road 2- Afternoon

Surprisingly, it isn't hard for me to find the Nakamura household. Despite having no idea of the address, from the descriptions of my classmates, I'm able to find it pretty easily. After all, while it's nothing too fancy, it does have something about it which makes it stand out amongst the rest. It's a rather cozy looking home which gives the impression of humble, yet comfortable, living. The landscaping looks nice and the general area seems really peaceful. Then again, this island is something of a paradise in itself. In the end, the place looks really welcoming.

Taking in all there is to see, I approach the front step and give a light knock on the door. As I do, I finally recall that this is Nakamura-san's home. Briefly I wonder if he's even home yet. School did just let out not too long ago, so it wouldn't be surprising if he isn't. I suppose that would just make all the talk about magic that less awkward.

Having been invited in by Hitomi herself, I'm left to sit in the living room while she steps into the kitchen. In the meantime, my eyes begin to wander around the home interior. Regardless of what I do, I can't recall I time in which I've ever been in a house this big. It's much more spacious than one would believe by looking at it from the outside. What's more, the way the evening sun floods into the room really heightens the warmth of the place.

But... Even still... I can't help but find myself drawn to guns on the table every now and then. Seeing how as this island is so peaceful, I can't really imagine why anyone would need them. Furthermore, by the way Hitomi seems to be handling them, I can assume from my experience that she's either an avid collector or some who knows how to handle them. And seeing how as she left them for me to see, I sure it's the latter. So basically, I'm being warned, maybe even threatened. At this point, I'm more than certain that Nakamura Hitomi is a magus. But really, she seems harmless enough.

"Sorry, but it water will have to do. We have a neighbor thief that always sneaks in through the window and steals all the food... I can hardly make ends meet like this..."
    Walking back into the room looking slightly peeved, Hitomi takes a seat next to me and hands me a glass. Gratefully accepting her hospitality, I take it and take a quick sip. I did have a fight and a run before I got here, after all.

"Ah~ Thank you, Hitomi-san. That hit the spot~ But I've gotta say, it sounds like you have some interesting neighbors to deal with. Honestly, I'm not sure if I should feel sorry for you or be jealous of you."

Since I don't really know Hitomi, or any of the Nakamuras for that matter, I make small talk where I can to break the ice. So, I speak to Hitomi as if I've known her all along while maintaining the manners necessary for strangers. It's not like I'm in a rush or anything and I've got nothing planned for the day. Even if I came here to talk about 'business' there's no reason for me not to extend my social network.

"Mmmmm... Akio is late. And I don't think I've have seen you with brother before... What's your relationship with him? ...Are you his girlfriend...?"
    Just as I return to my cup for another drink, Hitomi leans in closer and asks me a rather unexpected question. Now, I don't mean to brag, but I think I handle it pretty well considering I don't choke on my water. But, I know well that my face probably just lit up a bit. I hardly know Nakamura Akio in passing and I've seriously never really considered a love life. So naturally, that question would come as a bit of a shock.

"Nakamura-san, huh?" accepting the sneak attack in full, I simply tilt up my head and smile at Hitomi, "I actually don't know him that well. While I do go to the school here, I've never really talked to him before. You see?" Letting out a light laugh, I turn away and assume a somewhat 'smug' expression. "But I guess, now that you mention it, he doesn't look too bad. And I've always thought his name was kinda cool. Nevertheless, I'm not really looking into any guys at the moment. Bit of a free spirit."

Jokingly sticking out my tongue, I turn back to Hitomi and set my glass down on the table. It's only then that I realize how close she's moved in towards me. Judging by what she said before, I can't imagine that anyone else is in the house, so I don't really think it was to whisper. Then again, I can't really say that's for certain... and I don't really know Hitomi. Still, I suppose I can have a little fun with her. As payback for threatening me and all.

"You see," my eye's narrow devilishly as I look Hitomi in the eyes, "I actually came here hoping I could talk to you. Couldn't you tell?"

Reynard Everheart
    Shopping District; Milky Way - Evening

You figured that you might as well use the time to explore.

Milky Way wasn't supposed to be that big, anyways. One way of another, you were sure that the exit would eventually come to find you. Together with Johnie, you walked through the mall and discovered places that you didn't even know were there: A mysterious antique store, an arcade, a karaoke, a Disco... Even a Weapon Shop -Probably Illegal-. Now you knew why there was a rumor floating around about the Milky Way changing its layout at night. You wouldn't find it surprising if they told you that many people in the island believed it to be true. Maybe you would start believing, too.

"That was a nice adventure, partner."
    Johnie commented, quite happy with what he had learned. "But I think its time for us head towards the Residential District. I need to make a map that would take me from the school to my house so I don't get lost. Not that I would mind having an adventure with you every day, hahahahaha!" He laughed cheerfully.

You really hoped Johnie had that outfit for a reason. If he was skilled enough to make maps, maybe he could take you out of here. If not well, you were in trouble. You couldn't pretend that you knew where the exit was for much longer, and if you started walking in circles, you friend might begin to suspect something was wrong. As you tried to come up with a solution to your problem, a stranger approached your friend and you.

"... Are you lost?"
    She asked in a quiet voice. Now, you could tell her that you were indeed lost and follow her to your salvation, or you could keep you pride intact with a lie. Either way, a few seconds had passed and the girl had fallen silent. "..."

"Excuse my friend, he doesn't want to admit the truth."
    Johnie elbowed you. Eyeing him up, you could tell that he was probably doing this to hang out with the girl, not because he had seen through your cover. "Show us the way, beautiful lady."

The girl said nothing.

With a nod, she turned around and walked away, and you were left with no choice but to follow her. As you did, your friend whispered silly things to you, like how the girl surely was 'the cute silent type'. Eventually, you made a miraculous turn, and spotted the exit in the distance. It seemed like a lot of time had passed since you had first come in. In the end, you couldn't help but to sigh in relief. You both thanked the girl and...

"What's your name?"
    Johnie asked.

"..."
    The girl stared right back at him. "... Why do you want to know?"

"I am just curious... That's all."
    He replied, pretending to be embarrassed, as he scratched the back of his head.

"... My name is Mihou."
    And after a pause: "... What are your names?"

"My name is Johnie."
    He introduced himself with a nice guy pose.

Mihou turned towards you and looked at you straight in the eyes, as if to acknowledge you. It gave you the impression that this was a serious matter for her. In any case, it was your turn to introduce yourself.

"Rei Everheart."

---At that instant.

The world around you was bathed in deep blue. All movement disappeared, all sound disappeared and the only people left inside Milky way were Sawai Mihou, Johnie Gamble and Reynard Everheart. The new world you found yourself into clearly resembled the one that you had come from, but at the same time, it felt different. Probably because it was not the same. And...

"---GATE OPEN---"

The mall was quickly filled with murderous air.

It emanated from Sawai Mihou, a Magus who had just released her magical weapon with the intent to kill. She had jumped a great distance, now placing herself before you and the exit. You didn't know what was going on or what had inspired such a change of heart but...

---You understood that if you didn't fight back, something really bad would happen.

"... Stand aside, Everheart."
    The girl addressed you in a completely serious tone, as she unsheathed her sword. "Johnie Gamble is an irregular. He must be eliminated before he becomes a major threat."

Johnie, naturally, was too shocked and confused to say anything, let alone move. What were you supposed to do in this kind of situation?

As if to provide an answer, a sharp pain ran through the palm of your hand. Taking a look at it, you saw something engraved on it, as if it were scar. It read:

"Kill the Fallen Mother.
    180 minutes remain."

-------

[Sawai Mihou is preparing herself]

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nakamura Akio
    Sakura Tree - Afternoon
    (BEFORE EYESPACE >_>)

Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    "Do you have any preferences when it comes to girls, Akio-san? I mean, I've never been in a relationship before, so I am not sure what is expected of me... You know, assuming I become your girlfriend... What does a girlfriend do for her boyfriend? What does a boyfriend do for his girlfriend?"
    It was a sincere question.

I hadn't expected her to ask me something like that though, and to be honest, I wasn't exactly sure what form my answer would take at first. I mean, this wasn't the sort of question that had a definite answer in the first place. Whether it was good or bad, people had a tendency to view relationships in different lights. Some people simply wanted the undying, eternal attention of their partner, while others liked their personal space, and even beyond that, I was sure that everyone who existed in the world had their own personal idea of what a relationship should be like...

Still, she expected me to answer, so I would simply be truthful with my answer, and tell her exactly what I thought.

"What do they do for each other?" Repeating the question aloud, I stopped to gather my thoughts for a moment, eyes closed, "I guess the most important thing a couple does, is love each other."

It seemed like an obvious answer, and it was, admittedly a simple answer, but I felt that it was the best one.

"When you love someone, you want to be with them and support them, no matter what, right?" Smiling, I continued, "So, if nothing else, I think a boyfriend should cherish his girlfriend, and a girlfriend should cherish her boyfriend. If they do that, then anything else they do after that should come naturally."

I laughed nervously almost immediately after I gave my answer, wondering if I had gotten a bit too serious with my response.

"I'm sorry Mana-san," going back to the old nervous habit of running a hand through my hair, I continued, "That must have sounded kinda lame, right?"
    Last edited by Airen; August 28th, 2013 at 07:18 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Reynard Everheart
    Eyespace - Evening

Despite that little adventure, Rei was a little relieved when they found a guide - and, as embarrassing as it was to admit he was lost there were worse things in this world than being led around by a pretty girl. Normally, that would even be a good thing... unless, of course, said girl went crazy and declared that she would kill one of you.

In hindsight, Rei should have realized that nothing about today would be normal. From the President accepting a date with him, to getting a text about the Queen apparently liking him (news that, quite frankly, he found frightening), to almost getting run over, to apparently losing his magic... so many things about today were simply unbelievable. However, Rei was already used to unbelievable things happening, and did the only thing he could do when Mihou drew her sword: He refused.

"Sorry," Rei said, as a revolver appeared in his hand - his power coming back to him now that they were in this strange new place. "But I can't do that."

Johnie Gamble - an irregular? Certainly he was eccentric, but Rei wasn't going to stand aside and watch her eliminate him. When an enemy bared its fang at a friend, you had to smile back and show them who had the sharper bite.

In an instant, Rei's clothes changed as he raised his revolver at the girl. The school uniform he had been wearing was gone; in its place was a red and white military outfit, complete with a hat that now sat upon his head. Even his hair changed, from the beautiful gold color that could make even the Sun jealous to a shade of crimson, matching his new clothes.

He didn't hesitate. Gathering his mana, he focused it in a single bullet and fired.

"Aura Bullet."

Rei didn't know what she was preparing to do, but he wasn't about to allow her to simply do it. Before she could gather her power, he would simply cut off her source of mana.

XXX

Activated Runes
    Aura Bullet: 80 MP

Nakamura Shinji
    Starlight Academy - Rooftop - Afternoon

"My my, such harsh language Chisato-san. Although you are smarter than you appear...but still you are quite lacking in brains. Has your rage blinded you that you fail to see the clues?"

Raven knew what would transpire once he revealed certain information so he began to pack his items.

"Did it ever occurred to you that the person you suspect is actually an innocent party? What would she gain from this act other then a grisly fate worse than that friend of yours? That certain girl's hate is true enough but she's smart enough to stay within her boundaries. Now the question is...who are you talking to? Who in this academy can profit from this proliferation of knowledge?"

His computer packed, Raven strides over to the entrace of the rooftop and opens it wide, placing a wedge to keep it from closing.

"...Hm. I guess this we should not put this off for too long. I put you so much trouble that it would be rude if I did not introduce myself. If you want to know who this mysterious person is...

"...Come join me, Queen of Tsukuyomi-jima. The view up here is quite nice at this time of day."

With that invitation, Raven tosses the now-useless cellphone off the edge of the building. Chisato would be here in no time. The pale youth fixes his glasses as he stands on the other side of the entrance on the wide space, his back to the sun. All he had to do now was wait.

Spoiler:

Fukami Mikoto
    Nakamura Residence - Evening

"Huh?"

Nakamura Hitomi had never been the kind of person that liked to tease others. But today, when an unexpected guest had arrived at her place, she had decided to try her hand at it, for once. Call it the spirit of an overprotective sister or whatever you want, but she had known about Fukami Mikoto for a while now. And while she had not been actively following her every move, she was aware -or at least she had initially thought- that the girl was someone she could trust. So, all things considered, she had used the mention of her brother to launch a super effective surprise attack against the visitor, hoping to witness some amusing reactions. She knew she had won when she saw Mikoto's face lit up a little.

... But she had never expected such a fast and brutal recovery, let alone a fierce counter-attack. The seemingly harmless sheep had turned into a smug devil in a matter of seconds, and in all honesty, she had no idea of how to handle it.

"A-Ah."
    Nakamura Hitomi had no choice but to surrender. Not that she would openly admit defeat, though. "Ah... That's too bad, I guess." She bluffed, as she retreated to a more comfortable range. "Akio needs a girl to watch his back when I can't be there."

You could feel some truth behind her words. Maybe this was the beginning of something?

Name:  rsz_1hitomim.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  9.8 KB
    LEVEL UP!
    -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

"I-In any case, the reason why you came to visit me--?!"

Before Nakamura Hitomi could finish that sentence, however, the world around the two of you was submerged in blue and filled with hostility. Without your consent, your body forced itself to stand and assumed a defensive stance. With a quick glance, you saw Hitomi do the same thing.

Two things came to mind when you take the time to analyze what's going on more carefully: First, Nakamura Residence was no longer the Nakamura Residence you had been in for the past few minutes. It's mere gut feeling but this 'world' did not seem to be the same. If anything, it reminded you of a bounded field, for some reason. And second, whatever this place was...

---It was filled with pure evil.

"---GATE OPEN---!"

The second Nakamura Hitomi realized she could release her magical weapon in this space, she did so without hesitation. After a blinding flash of light, the girl appeared holding two pistols. While they were nothing fancy -Only their aiming point, which resembled angel wings, was remarkable- you could tell that these weapons were strong on their own and capable of performing impossible feats. Yes, unlike before, with her powers active Hitomi had no reason to fear the unknown-!

"Heaven's Gaze-!"

With a bad feeling looming in her heart, she put everything aside and focused on a single person: Her brother.

---Heaven's Gaze---

Something that is best explained as a 'perfect sense,' this ability allows Hitomi, through intense concentration of her enhanced senses, to 'see' everything around her in a certain, but still rather large radius, even those things that are hidden by physical obstacles. Originally an ability that only extended twenty feet in all directions, Hitomi has refined this ability to a point of limited omniscience, able to not only see the entirety of the island she stands upon at all times, but track the individual movements of everyone on the island. This sense is so refined, that even monitoring the muscle movements of an enemy leagues away is possible, and gives all of her shots the property of 'intercepting the enemy.'
    And, just like that, her worst fears were confirmed to be true. Among the twenty individuals left in the island after this unforeseen phenomena, was Nakamura Akio. Not only him, but his friend Reynard Everheart too, together other people Hitomi knew and valued. Aware of the danger that surrounded them, Hitomi felt the responsibility to find them... And bring them to safety.

"I have no idea what this is, but I know my brother and his friend are in danger."
    The blue haired girl finally addressed you, as she walked towards the door. "And judging by the situation, It's likely that I am going to need a hand with this one. I won't force you to come with me bu--?!"

Sensing immediate danger, the girl pushed you away, and at the same time, a titanic figure came crashing down from the roof.

"Damn."
    While Hitomi had sensed the presence of this unknown individual nearby, she had not expected it would be hostile towards them. "We have to get out of the house-!"

You ran through the door as Hitomi fired a few 'warning shots' at what could be described as a monster. Once outside, the two of you decided to wait and see what its next move would be. Only then did you notice that there was something engraved on the palm of your hand:

"Kill the Fallen Mother.
    173 minutes remain."

... For how long had it been there?

"Is that the way to welcome someone into your house? Fuck you."
    A humanoid creature walked past the door and stopped there. "Really, nothing personal... But if I don't kill one of you before time run-"

"You forgot to knock."

Without delay, two magical bullets were fired from Hitomi's pistols. This time they were not 'warning shots'. Charged with a considerable amount of Mana and aimed at its vital spots, this was an attack meant to be fatal. Yes, because she knew of the dangerous situation her brother had been dragged into, she had no time to waste with a trivial battle like this-!

---However.

"... That's-!"

"Tch. Should you really be aiming those things at me?"
    The 'man' emerged unscratched. "I am not the target for this game... She is.

...Fukami Mikoto, the Fallen Mother."
    Last edited by hero; August 13th, 2012 at 06:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Fukami Mikoto
    Road 2- Afternoon

(BGM on)

Before I knew it, the warm world which I'd become ignorant of was dyed with a cold blue hue. Naturally my first instinct was to jump up, but in reality doing such only stabalized my nerves. My mind already knew this world wasn't natural, my body was just late to the party. That why it doesn't even come as much f a surprise when Hitomi activated her magical abilities. However, everything that transpired afterwards is what's really throwing me off.

"I am not the target for this game... She is. ...Fukami Mikoto, the Fallen Mother."
    "Hold on..." as my brain scrambles a mile a minute to make sense of it all, I remain calm and address the enigma, "What do you mean I'm the target of this game? Is this Fallen Mother busiess supposed to be some kind of joke?"

A sliver of hostility runs off with my sarcastic words. But it can't be helped. When some unknow approache you in a situation like this, calling you a 'target', you can help but get a little anxious. While he's done nothing to make him my enemy, he isn't exactly on a one-way road to being my friend either. And by his alien appearance and what happened earlier, I can assume he's a magus of exceptional defensive capabilities. The fact that he approached us like that means he's fully prepared for a fight. As a result, I can't help but let out a bit of killing intent.

"Let me get this straight..." setting aside the change of scenery, I continue on with a level tone, "... I'm not going to assume that you came here to fight, but from the looks of things, I'll say you are. But what bothers me is what you're saying. Not just because you're designating me as a target, but because you said that you have to kill one of use before time runs out... Something like that, right?" Holding out the palm with the mysterious notice on it, I continue. "But, if this is a game, then clearly there is only one target. Am I wrong? Furthermore, if this is a game in which one is the target, then why inform the supposed target that she has to defeat herself? So either you're a complete goof or you don't really know who this 'Fallen Mother' is. Which brings me to my next question..." lowering my arm, I sharpen my gaze, "...How did you find us so fast?"

Judging by the events of the day, I'd say whoever is behind this 'game' is the same person who's put up this space. Also, seeing how as I couldn't use my magical weapon earlier, but Hitomi could just use hers, I can also assume that this game master is the answer to my question. Which is why I find it odd that as soon as this field went up, a magus would not only know our location, but would attack us as well. It just doesn't add up. This world, the notice, and the attack... it's all too well coordinated to be a mere coincedence. So if my theory is correct, I'd have to say someone is orchestrating a hit on me. But why is the question.

(BGM off)

"If you really mean what you say and mean nothing personal... then I ask that you explain yourself. None of this makes any sense. If you're so pressed to kill me that you'd barge into someone else's house, the least you can do is explain just what the hell is going on."

Realizing that my frustration is peaking, I pause for a moment and take a deep breath. Had something like this happened a couple of years ago, I might have just accepted it as judgement for being too different. But now I know better. I know that I shouldn't take someting like this lying down. With my mind clear, I say the words which changed my life forever; the same words which transform me into something more than myself.

The path which was once closed opens up to me yet again. My body is bathed in a torrent of warm light as the ring which can only be mine wraps around my finger. In that moment, the girl known as Fukami Mikoto takes a back seat and ceases to exist. What is left in her place is an immortal being, the magus known as Izanami.

"Sorry if I'm coming off as a bit aggressive. But please, try to understand that this is pretty vexing. So... if at all possible, I would like to resolve this misunderstanding with a bit of diplomacy. But if that's not reasonable..."

Focusing my mind, I bend the magical energy within to my will. Envisioning the miralce I'd like to give form, I sculpt it, mold it, give it definition and reason. It only takes a moment, because I've perfected it to an art. When I'm done, I project that spell onto reality and announce its existence to the world.

"---KAMUI!---"

The jacket draped aroundmy shoulders and shoes on my feet cease to be. Not because I've erased, but simply because they now 'were never there'. In their place... a katana strapped to my back and a pair of bladed inline skates on my feet. This is the power with which I've been gifted. Kamui: the ability to insert myself into any object's past and change it to my liking.

"...Then I regret to inform you that I can't allow you to take my life... It's nothing personal, but I simply have too much I've yet to do."

Reaching for my sword, I draw it and leave its blade ready at my side. Stepping forward, I reach up on my head and bring my goggles over my eyes, completing my combat stance.

"I'm sorry about all this, Hitomi-san." Without looking back, I address the person standing behind me. "It's apparently my fault that this is happening. It seems like you have something here tht you're willing to protect, so if you strike at me as well... I won't hold you at fault. The same goes for you, I suppose..." Speaking to the man in front of me, I communicate where I stand. "But... just know, I have no intentions of holding back against those who threaten my dream."

---KAMUI---
    Authority of the Gods
    Mikoto’s ability allows for her to “destroy” and “recreate” the reality of that which she touches. To this extent, she can use her power to “substitute” one item for another of similar nature, so long as it exists within a certain point in time and she is in contact with it. For example, she could take a jacket and create a split in the past, turning it into a sword by simply making it so that “it was always so”. However, at her level, she cannot turn something like a candy bar into the Golden Fleece.
    Last edited by Sei; August 13th, 2012 at 07:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Fairiday (KT)
    Wonderland - Time Unknown

Alice in Wonderland.

That's what the situation was like. She was Alice, and she was following the retarded rabbit.

How enjoyable. At least she caught the damn thing.

Lucille looked at the people around her with interest; apparently, she wasn't alone. Not only that, but...

One of them, a guy, had murdered his rabbit. The other was clutching on to it for dear life. At least the guy knew what he was supposed to do with the rabbit, like a normal person. How that girl could handle all that freaking babbling was something she couldn't understand. Tolerance was never a virtue she learned.

She snapped the rabbit's neck easily, with a satisfying crunch. If only she could do that again. And again. And again. And agaaaaaaain~

Even when that weird voice spoke, she didn't particularly care. Blah blah blah, it knew they were mages, blah blah blah, he had no originality, blah blah blah. If that voice wanted her to care, it should-

"I thought so~ Then stay silent and let me explain why you are here! Heheheheheehehehehe!" Happy that it had managed to intimidate you, the voice returned to its usual mood. "Later today, a ritual known as Ragnarok will start, in which several Magi will fight and kill each other in order to reach the Ultimate Magic, something capable of granting your every wish~. You three have been chosen to participate, and you will not be able to avoid this 'competition'."
    Oh?

A wish. And murder as the means.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha~

Just her type of game. Life or death didn't really matter, because one way or another, she'd be reunited with Takemori-chan! If she had to brutally kill everyone in her way, so be it! If she had to break out of Hell and climb her way to Heaven, so be it! Takemori-chan was her life, her goal~

And now that it was achievable, she'd never lose that chance.

Takemori-chan was waiting for her, and she couldn't let him down!

She listened attentively. All she had to do was to kill the prey, and if she was that prey, then all she had to do was survive! Simple as that.

Unfortunately, the Cheshire Cat that came after was really unpleasant. Obnoxiously unpleasant... She'd rip all those teeth out of that damn cat, one by one!

-
    --
    ---

...The car. It was under fucking water, those useless as shit kidnappers were still useless as shit. Ugh. She hated getting wet...

Thankfully, water had not been leaking into the car and cracking the windows yet, which means it had only sunk recently.

Oooh, I still have the rabbit and the pocketwatch!

Proof of her wonderful trip to Wonderland, which inspired hope in her heart and blood lust in her veins. She slammed the rabbit against the window, hearing the sounds of bones breaking (she loved that sound) and frowned when it didn't even leave a mark.

Oh well.

She slammed the pizza sized pocket watch against the window, easily shattering it; but the flood that came through was another thing. Lucille took a deep breath and waited for the car to fill, swimming out when the torrent had mostly subsided. Now it was only a trip to the surface, and Lucille was fairly certain she could make the distance.

Well, being wet didn't really matter right now. She still had the rabbit and a person to kill~

Nakamura Akio
    Road to Residential District II - Evening

"Maybe."
    Mana stuck out her tongue. "But it was also kind of cute."

As you continued to walk towards the Residential District, your conversation became more fluent. Of course, you ended up talking about those topics you had specifically tried to avoid, but it didn't really matter, as the two of you got along surprisingly well. That's how you learned about Mana being homeschooled -Which would explain why you had never seen her at the academy- and her parents often being away from the island because they were part of the world of business. On the other hand, you spoke about how life at school was like, the sports you practiced and some of the friends you had. All in all, the girl seemed to be quite impressed, and while your school life wasn't really anything special, you felt glad that at least one person showed admiration for it.

The thought of trying to convince her join school did cross your mind, but you decided to leave it for another time.

Name:  rsz_67l178.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  13.9 KB
    LEVEL UP!
    -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

"That should be enough for today."
    Pointing at a house not too far from where you were standing, Mana said so with a smile. "I don't actually have a phone number to give you, Akio-san, but if you want to talk to me you know where to find me.

I'd really like to walk with you like this a--

---Heartbeat.

In the blink of an eye, the world you knew had changed completely. The houses and trees around you; the orange light of the sunset; the air itself... Everything had been dyed blue in color. You soon found yourself in a new space with no sounds, no warmth and no company.

... gain?"

No, you were not alone. Not completely. Aomory Mana was still standing there, now frozen in shock, probably a natural reaction to being faced with the unknown. The same could not be said about you, however. You had been in so many dangerous situations in your past that space-time travel did not really inspire any fear.

"What... Is this...?"
    The girl stared at her hand, puzzled. "... Some kind... of joke?"

It didn't take much longer for you to realize that there was something wrong with your right hand, too. Engraved on its open palm was a message which you couldn't really understand:

"Kill the Fallen Mother.
    180 minutes remain."

If there was one thing you were sure of, it was the fact that this island was no longer a safe place for either of you. You knew that, right now, it would be unwise to leave the girl alone. You were an experienced Magus, but you doubted Mana had any abilities of the sort. While you could freely summon your magical weapon in this space, she had nothing to protect herself. She seemed as fragile as a normal human...

... Because she probably was one.

You had a feeling there was more to this place, and that things would escalate pretty fast. So, the first thing you needed to do was to make your new friend feel secure. She had been quiet, but it was just a matter of time before panic would take over. And you were fully aware of what panic did to a woman.

"Ah..."
    Just as you were about to say something to comfort her, Mana pointed at something behind you, trembling. "... Over there..."

Turning around, you saw a white haired woman standing there. She wasn't moving, so you figured she was probably as scared as your friend was. It was when Mana was about to call out to her that...

"---GATE OPEN---"

... The immense power coming from her left Mana speechless.

A large, floating mirror had materialized next to the mysterious individual. Yes, you had no doubts about it: Just like Aesop, that mirror was a magical weapon of great power. And judging by the killing intent that surrounded her, you could tell that she was willing to fight to kill-!

... Fortunately, it seemed that the white haired woman had yet to notice your presence.

---Presence Concealment---

Not even something he really does consciously, Akio has a natural talent for sneaking up on people, seeming to blend into the background unless he consciously does something to draw attention to himself.

Better think carefully of what to do.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nakamura Akio
    Sakura Tree - Afternoon (Eyespace)

Quote Originally Posted by Mana
    "Ah..." Just as you were about to say something to comfort her, Mana pointed at something behind you, trembling. "... Over there..."
    Moving to place myself between Mana and whatever was frightening her, I turned to see a white haired woman standing on the road behind us, her back turned to us, and her body stiff and unmoving, as if she was paralyzed with fear. It was an understandable reaction, even though I was a magus, I instinctively felt uncomfortable in this place. There was no wind, the streets carried a feeling of inevitable death, and it was so quiet that, if I hadn't been standing with Mana, I would have initially thought that I was alone in this place.

And judging from the way Mana and this other woman were acting, I'm sure the things I felt were hitting normal humans like them in a much more severe manner-

"---Gate Open---"

...Never mind, this girl, whoever she was, was definitely not a normal human.

She was a Magus.

Ignoring the oppressive feeling of the woman's power, along with her killing intent, I found my eyes drawn to the floating mirror that she had summoned, instinctively aware that this was the most likely candidate for the girl's magical weapon. The shape of the Magical Weapons possessed by Magi almost always had something to do with their base functions; a magical weapon that took the form of a gun would fire some sort of a projectile, and something like a sword would be used for Melee combat...

Mirrors however, were not normally used as a weapon, after all, their main function was simply to 'reflect' things...

"..."

Yeah, no matter what actual abilities she possessed, this woman was going to be an annoying person to fight. Her killing intent was clear and unmistakeable, and even though she hadn't seemed to notice us yet, I knew that it would simply be a matter of time before Mana and I became her one and only focus.

And to be honest, even if she was attractive, I didn't want the attention of that sort of girl.

Still, I had to protect Mana.

"Mana," turning my head slightly back towards my trembling friend, I smiled, "Things might get a bit odd from here, but I'll protect you no matter what happens, I promise."

Moving my gaze ahead, I paused for a moment.

"So stay close to me, alright?"

Holding out one arm as if to grasp something, I reached for the power that allowed me to stand upon the pinnacle of humanity-!

"The journey begins again..."

"---GATE OPEN---"

"Come to me, Aesop."

My body flaring for the briefest of moments with heatless blue flames, seventy-eight cards burst into existence around my form, spinning slowly, deliberately, as I moved my gaze to the hostile woman. One card in particular, carrying the image of a man about to step off a cliff into the sea, floated silently next to my chest, as if it's only duty was to shield my body.

That card itself was special, the only one of it's kind that existed amongst the seventy-eight, and the thing that allowed Nakamura Akio to exist as a Magus.

The unnumbered suit...

The Fool Arcana.

"Arcana, Sword."

Declaring my intent, I held one hand out to the side, the spinning form of one of the seventy-eight cards, whose face carried the image of blades, exploded into blue flames as it touched the palm of my hand, leaving me gripping the shining metal of a simple looking steel blade.

If she hadn't been aware of my presence before, I was sure my use of magic would draw her attention to me.

Still-

"Hey," calling out to the enigmatic woman, sword in hand, I made sure my body was still between the girl and Mana, the remaining cards that made up my magical weapon already moving to circle and shield my trembling friend, "Do you know what's going on here?"

There had to be a reason for the killing intent. I wasn't sure why we had been dragged into this world, but if that girl was hostile, she may know a bit more about this world than I did, enough that she knew to be on her guard at all times.

Still, if she was a magus, and I was sure she was, she would understand why I had armed myself with a weapon.

If I was able to talk her down, then that would be ideal.

But something told me that would be impossible, and since her magical weapon was a mirror, I was understandably wary about launching any sort of attack. Even if I could guarantee a counter attack against myself would fail, if I attacked now I would still be leaving Mana somewhat unprotected until I understood how the woman's magic worked.

For now, I settled into a casual combat stance, sword hand closest to my opponent, while I waited for her to respond to my inquiry, hopefully with words, and not some sort of random offensive magic.

In the end, it would be up to her if we fought.

I would not allow any harm to come to Mana, and I would not allow myself to be killed, and if I had to fight to protect those things, then so be it.

----

Activated Rune

Minor Arcana: Sword
    Use 1 - MP Cost: 20
    Last edited by Airen; August 29th, 2013 at 11:18 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Hisamatsu Kanko
    Hospital Room – Evening

After a couple more questions, the doctor left claiming that, no matter what, he had to inform the police of what had happened. But that was no problem, considering you had made up all the information you had given to him. By the time the hospital or the authorities found out, Saori would be at home with nothing to worry about.

Still, you couldn't leave this as it was. The girl must have had a reason for asking you to lie, and you thought you at least deserved to hear it. Now that you were alone again, you voiced your thoughts with no hesitation. To that...

"Yeah, sorry, I just couldn't let my dad know."
    She admitted, a little embarrassed with all that had happened. "He's the chief of the police in this island, and if he found out that her daughter had been stabbed by some thugs, I am sure he would go out to make justice on his own." After saying that, Saori had a small laugh and looked out of the window. "Which is funny, because that's just what I was doing. That gang is the source of all the bad things that happen on this island. Since the moment it was born, Tsukuyomi-jima peace has suffered greatly. I just couldn't help it, you know... What I did..." She turned to look back at you. "Was it wrong...?"

"Kanko-san...?" But Hisamatsu Kanko was no longer there. "..."

Inao Saori let out a bitter sob.

-------

What had happened? Before you could even give an answer to Saori's question, she had disappeared, just like it had happened to that man in the alley-!

Or maybe it had been you the one to disappear. In all honesty, the world around you looked the same. The one thing that was odd was that everything around you had been painted a deep blue. But it didn't take long for realize that there was something completely wrong with this new world you were in...

Because it had not just been Saori...

Everyone in the Hospital but you was gone, and they had left without leaving a single trace.

After searching the place for around five minutes, you noticed a burning inscription in the palm of your hand. It read:

"Kill the Fallen Mother.
    174 minutes remain."

You felt naturally curious as to what did it mean, but you soon come to the realization that it didn't really matter. There was someone who was going to be killed, and if the 'target' happened to be a human being, well... You were not going to cross your arms and do nothing. You looked through the window and determined that it was possible that the entire island had been swallowed by 'the blue'.

And then, you saw movement.

A single soul moved through the streets.

Yamada Hayate was looking for someone.

Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis Suncofold's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hisamatsu Kanko
    Hospital – Evening [Eye Space]

Kanko quickly turned in a circle, taking in the world around him. What the hell? Where… no, this is the hospital, so what happened to everyone? What happened to Saori? Everything was as it was just a moment ago, just with a deep blue tinge to everything.

And, of course, there was no sign of anyone.

Kanko elbowed through the door of the hospital room and glanced both ways down the hall. Nothing. A short inspection of the neighboring rooms yielded the same result; it seemed that he was alone.

Returning to Saori’s room – he didn’t want to stray too far from his entrance point if he had no information, Kanko examined the walls, the former glaring white turned a deep blue. In a detached manner, he noticed that his hands lacked the same tinge as his surroundings.

The writing on his hand hooked his attention. That definitely hadn’t been there earlier.

"Kill the Fallen Mother.
    174 minutes remain."

His eyebrows furrowed in distaste. A strange writing ordering him to kill someone within a time limit? Sounded like some kind of bad…well, terrorist threat, honestly. Either way, there was no way he was gonna kill someone just because someone said so.

Actually, this could be bad. Staring out the window, Kanko couldn’t see an end to the all-encompassing blue world that he had entered. If it covered all of Tsukuyomi-jima, then chances were there were at least a few people in the same situation; he wasn’t arrogant enough to assume he was the sole recipient of this strange fate. If so, there were a few possibilities.

First, there was a chance that everyone had the message, but had the name of different people on their hands – a large circle of cat and mouse. Kanko entertained the idea for a moment, but then discarded it as improbable; what was the point of a massive battle like this if it wasn’t either a battle royale or a manhunt? Not to mention that there was a chance of having no survivors, and it was probably a lot of trouble to identify each and every participant, and then match them up. It seemed like a lot of work with almost nothing to gain.

And that led to the second idea, that everyone had the same exact message, with the same exact time limit. A surge of anger coiled in Kanko’s stomach. It was, in essence, a combination of a manhunt, and elimination. Only one person needed to be chosen, and if this continued – after all, there was no guarantee that this would stop – there would definitely be one winner. And that winner would definitely be strong.

Kanko swore as he came upon a second conclusion; if there was more people, then there was a very high chance that they were also Magi. So this ended up being some kind of sick tournament? With a very high chance that all the participants were Magi – or had the potential to be. And right now, there was almost certainly several heading toward this “Fallen Mother”.

It was all so very much against his ideals. And so Kanko decided that he would—

Movement caught Kanko’s eye, and he jerked to stare out the window. Someone was walking down the street, completely alone in this strange, blue world. Thoughts raced through his head. Did he know something? Would he have information regarding this abnormal situation?

Making his decision, Kanko only paused to open the window before blasting out of it, the backlash of his sudden acceleration sending a powerful draft through the room. Landing lightly, he sprinted forward, accelerating to a speed far beyond the capabilities of a normal human. The sudden slapping at his waist made Kanko realize he’d forgotten to untie his jacket from around his waist, and that his shirt was still somewhere in the hospital.

Dismissing it as unimportant, Kanko came in at an angle and planted his feet, sliding with an almighty screech of rubber versus asphalt to a halt about eight meters from the lone person. It was a muscular guy with protective gloves and a crimson cape. The cape was all he wore above the waist, revealing three jagged scars, almost like that of claws.

Kanko straightened and shrugged on his jacket. The wide blue world around him was unsettling, and even though he did not truly fear dying, he felt exposed to danger without his jacket. It wasn’t anything more than a purple and white zip-up, but it was something he’d had ever since he was young. A…coping mechanism, of a sort.

“Excuse me!” he called, injecting a bit of cheer into his voice. “Can you tell me what’s going on?”

Current Fanfics: