Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortissimo EXS // Trigger: Verzweiflung (IC thread)

Reynard Everheart & Nakamura Akio
    Nakamura Residence - Night

Cooking: The art of preparing food by applying heat. Admittedly, it is considered impossible to perform after all the food you own has been stolen by the legendary drunk thief.

However.

Hidden within the depths of the Nakamura Residence lay a miracle, capable of defying fate in order to make the impossible possible-!

It was Hitomi's top secret food storage that only a selected few had knowledge of and it was, needless to say, password protected. Thankfully, you knew the combination needed to open it. No matter which angle you looked at it, it looked like a safe. Maybe because it was a safe. Compact and the best of the best, indestructible. You remembered Hitomi had to ask for a loan to buy such a thing. But, in the end, all was okay, right? It had worked wonders until this point in time.

Standing right behind you, Natsume Raku waited anxiously, for you were about to open Pandora's box.

What you found inside was one plastic bag filled with vegetables and one bag of white rice. They looked as good as new. But what stood out the most was the object next to them, attached to one of the safe's inner corners. You didn't need to look at it twice to confirm, that was definitely a plastic explosive. So that was what would have happened had you imputed the wrong password. Since the bomb was placed inside the safe, probably nobody would get hurt, but all the food would be destroyed. It was hard to grasp why Hitomi would build a system like that, but there were some part of your sister that you would always leave unquestioned.

"Yay-!"
    With a jump, Raku celebrated. "Let's begin, Onii-chan!"

Something told you that the no longer secret storage wouldn't be as safe anymore. But seeing her so happy made the whole thing worth it.

-------

The dinner table had proved to be a weird combination.

Eating rice, salad and pizza at the same time would never be a common occurrence. But since when had anything been common inside the Nakamura Residence? That just proved that, no matter the circumstances, some things would never change.

To be honest, cooking had not been that difficult, but in the end, Raku had taken over. While you had not initially thought that she was trustworthy for the task, as you had not seen her cook ONCE in her life, you were forced to change your mind when you tasted the result of her 'laborious efforts'. The food the two of you had prepared tasted way better than the pizza Rei had ordered. No, in fact, it tasted way better than anything you'd eaten before. The rice looked so bright, so pure... So unreal.

---Ultimate Housewife---
    The innate supernatural skill to maintain a house properly in order, satisfy all of the husband's necessities and take care of the children. Through effort and determination, Raku has polished this ability to perfection. As such, her cooking (among other activities) has reached a level that surpasses that of mere mortals. No, it's more than that. At this point, one could say that Raku's cooking skills surpass that of god themselves. That's the true meaning of 'ultimate'!
    Even Hitomi was affected by its charm.

-------

After you finished dinner, you played videogames together until Raku feel asleep. It was then when the conversation about the elimination game began. The three of you shared what you had been through in detail, trying to compile as much information as possible on the ritual. What caught Hitomi's interest the most was the 'dark' copy of Akio that one of the groups was forced to fight. She promised to contact Kimiko, so she and her friends could aid in the investigation as well. Just when it seemed that the exchange was about to end, Rei revealed the key piece of evidence he had obtained after his battle.

"These notes..."

The participant list. And the Magus code list. If you managed to put them together, then it would be possible to identify a target early in the game. It doesn't take you a minute to realize that said information could be used in more than one way. Either to identify the victim and prevent his or her execution... Or to identify the prey and be the first to take it down. But there are two other things that stood out:

First, Hitomi was not on that list, yet she had been a participant.

The first theory, the one that argued that the list was incomplete, was quickly shot down by Rei himself. Using Johnie as an example, he tried to explain to the best of his ability what Mihou called 'Irregulars'. Apparently, that other space was supposed to allow only Magi (and potential Magi) inside, that as much you had already deduced. However, it seemed that its original function was to allow 'a certain number of specific Magi only'. This led to the theory that, for some reason, the 'rules' of that space had been changed.

And second, and most important... Natsume Raku was on that list.

Everyone in the house had always suspected that the little girl was something more than a human. Even if it was nothing more than a little doubt, each of you had asked yourselves 'What if Raku was a Magus?'. Some of you even took that for a fact. Yeah, the drunk thief being on that list was not as surprising as it should have been. The feelings it gave birth to were rather complicated.

You looked at her, sleeping on the couch. She was harmless.

... Why did such an innocent person have to be involved in this?
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Light and Darkness
    15 chosen to be slain...

Shinji
    Personal Information

Name:
    Nakamura Shinji
    Codename:
    Raven

Battle Stadistics

HP: 240
    MP: 119
    WHP: 960
    Spare GP: 30

Achievements

-Battle won. Opposing Magus was Killed.
    +30 GP
    +200 Max MP
    +General rune set power up (done).

Social Links

Hishikawa Nanako: -2
    Akio
    Personal Information

Name:
    Nakamura Akio
    Codename:
    Fool

Battle Stadistics

HP: 1500
    MP: 440
    WHP: 1600
    Spare GP: 10

Achievements

-Battle won. Enemy was defeated.
    +10 GP (shared experience)

Social Links

Aomori Mana: 2
    Katsurimi Haseno: 1
    Natsume Raku: 6
    Nakamura Hitomi:
    Rei
    Personal Information

Name:
    Reynard Everheart
    Codename:
    Masamune

Battle Stadistics

HP: 50
    MP: 20
    WHP: 860
    Spare GP: 80 (From Fate point)
    GP Debt: 80

Achievements

-Fate Point used.
    +120 GP
    -120 GP loan

-Battle won. Opposing Magus was defeated.
    +30 GP (shared experience)
    +10 GP (hard battle)
    +Item: Mihou's list has been added to inventory.
    +Item: Milky Way's entrance key has been added to inventory.
    -40 GP (loan)

Social Links

Natsume Raku: 2
    Nakamura Hitomi: 4
    Hishikawa Nanako: 1
    Johnie Gamble: 2
    Sawai Mihou: 1
    Mikoto
    Personal Information

Name:
    Fukami Mikoto
    Codename:
    Izanami

Battle Stadistics

HP: 670
    MP: 710
    WHP: 1200
    Spare GP: 10

Achievements

-Battle ended in a draw (interrupted).
    +10 GP (shared experience)

Social Links

Aomori Mana: 2
    Katsurimi Haseno:0
    Tsukabe Motoshige:0
    Nakamura Hitomi:
    Shinozaki Tobei: 4
    Kanko
    Personal Information

Name:
    Hisamatsu Kanko
    Codename:
    ???

Battle Stadistics

HP: 450
    MP: 790
    WHP: 1040
    Spare GP: 5 GP

Achievements

-Battle won. Opposing enemy defeated.
    +5 GP (shared experience)

Social Links

Yamada Hayate: 2
    Inao Saori: 1

Lucille
    Personal Information

Name:
    Lucille Fairiday
    Codename:
    Lucifer

Battle Stadistics

HP: 29
    MP: 2002
    WHP: 850
    Spare GP: 40 GP.

Achievements

-Battle won. Opposing Enemy was Killed.
    +10 GP
    +10 GP (One turn Kill)

-Battle won. Opposing Enemy was Killed.
    +20 GP

Social Links

Nakayama Haru: 0

"The real secrets are not the ones I tell."
    - Mason Cooley

1st Trigger/Entrance Examination
    Day one: End.

Last edited by hero; December 1st, 2012 at 07:55 PM.
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Fukami Mikoto & Reynard Everheart & Nakamura Akio
    Starlight Academy - Morning

After all the strange happenings that had taken place in the island the day before, it felt a little strange to come back to school and see that little to nothing had changed. The first floor hall was filled with activity, as more and more students grouped to discuss the hot topics of the week. Yes, for everybody else but you, life had not changed in the slightest. Maybe that was for the best.

Huh?

For one reason or another, your attention diverted to the area next to the women's restroom. As a place that many students, including you, chose to avoid in the mornings and after class, you couldn't help but to find it strange when a big crowd of girls gathered there to gossip. You remembered that Yoshiota Chisato, a second year student, used to hang out with her group there at this hour and anyone who dared to disturb her earned a beating from her grunts. Seeing as nothing bad had happened to the girls, it was safe to assume that Chisato had decided to skip class that day.

As the bell rang, the three of you headed towards classroom 1-B, ready to start your school day.

-------

"Everyone, before we start, I have two announcements to make."
    Seeing as some of her students were starting to make worried faces, Takudo Noriko smiled to reassure them. "Don't worry, don't worry! Both announcements are good news, actually. Nanako-san, could you...?"

"Yes."
    Hishikawa Nanako, who did not only act as the Student Council President, but as 1-B Class Representative, rose from her seat, walked up to the blackboard and then turned around to face the students. Just looking at her was enough to understand what kind of person she was and why she had been tasked with such a great responsibility. "As some of you may already know, a new student will be joining our class today."

At this point, the whispers and the rumors about the identity mysterious transfer student started. From your seat, you overheard a couple, and to be honest, they all sounded ridiculous. The most popular were 'A ruthless warrior lady from the depths of the Amazon, looking for a worthy opponent to fight' and 'A soldier who has travelled many battlefields and mastered every kind of martial arts, who had chosen Tsukuyomi-jima as his training grounds'.

In the end, they both were half-right. The transfer student sure was a strange person.

"Yo."
    Johnie Gamble adjusted his hat, acknowledging those present as fellow comrades. All the eyes were fixed on him, probably because of the way he was dressed. Right, the boy was not using the reglamentary uniform, his attire resembling that of a jungle explorer instead. Some students were even trying to find where he was hiding his machete. The silence he received made Johnie worried a bit, so to make things right, he raised his fist to the sky and yelled, at the top of his lungs: "Banzai!"

"..."
    Taking a deep breath, Nanako decided to take over before Johnie embarrassed himself any further. "Johnie is from America and is not proficient with his Japanese or our tradition, so I ask of you to be patient. At the same time, I'd like you to use this opportunity to learn as much as you can from him. Understanding others is just another way to grow."

"Ah, Johnie?"
    The teacher called out. "The seat next to Rei is empty, why don't you sit there? I heard from Nanako that the two of you already know each other."

"Yes, Ma'am!"
    The transfer student answered enthusiastically, as if he had wanted to say that for a while now. As he walked towards his seat, Johnie remembered something and turned around to face Noriko once more. "If I may add, sensei, you are very pretty. Could I invite you to dinner tonight?"

"... UWOOOOOOOOOOOH-!!!"

The classroom exploded.

Was he seriously inviting the teacher out on a date in front of everyone-?!

"Huhuhu, now that's something I don't hear from my students every day..."
    The teacher confessed. "But I'll have to shoot you down, Johnie. I am a married woman, you know?" Noriko made a hand wave as if saying 'don't feel bad about it'. "I am sure there is someone else better for you out there~"

"With that out of the way," With Johnie defeated and the class finally settling down, Nanako used the chance to continue. After all, she was not nearly as done yet. "I'd like to introduce the remaining new students that will be members of our class from now on. We didn't get confirmation of their arrival to the island until today, but it is a pleasant surprise to know that we'll be spending some time together. As usual, do your best to get along with your new classmates!"

Two girls stood in front of the blackboard, facing you. After writing down their names in kanji for everyone to see, they opened their mouth and introduced themselves.

"Nakayama Haru."
    "Aomori Mana."
    -------

"Good, good, it seems we are all set."
    With the two girls having found their seats already, everyone awaited the second and surely more important announcement. "It's okay, Nanako-san, I'll handle this one, so you may have a seat." The redhead did as she was told. "So... Ahahahaha, how do I say this?" Noriko let out a small laugh, having trouble to contain her excitement. "The headmaster was originally against it and the truth was that we didn't have enough funds to take all the students on an excursion for a day but~" A small pause meant to tease. "We're spending the whole day at the beach tomorrow-!"

1-B celebrated.

"Thank not me, but professor Shinzou. He was the one who talked to the headmaster in my place."
    Noriko scratched the back of her head. "We've also received a pretty generous donation, so there is that too. Sadly, we won't have the entire beach for us, but it's something!" A light bulb materialized on top of her head, as she remembered something very important. "Don't forget you need your parents' authorization for it!" Then, she pointed towards a particular student. "Akio-! You tell Raku-san, okay? Geez, that girl always skips my classes... Someone please also inform Shinji-san and Ichigo-san, who are absent today."

It seemed that tomorrow would be a promising day, indeed.

"Ok!"
    The teacher decided it was time to finally start with the class. "Open your books on page eleven..."

-------

When ready to move to evening phase, select a NPC you would like to spend time with, or a specific activity you would like to perform. Unless there are any planned events or interruptions, this will 'consume' your evening phase and move you forward to night phase. So please take this into account when making choices.
    Sometimes visiting certain places alone opens up possibilities and events. As a final reminder, some NPCs might like to spend time with you (!) on certain ocassions. It's okay to refuse their invitations, but doing it often might cause the relationship to suffer so it's not recommended.

-Aomori Mana: ! (Nakamura Akio or Fukami Mikoto)
    -Hishikawa Nanako: ! (Reynard Everheart)

Nakamura Shinji
    Shinji's
    House - Morning

Staying at home had never been this productive.

In that sense, you were thankful to Nanako for her threats. While everyone else was forced to spend their time there listening to meaningless lessons, you weren't. Because of this, you were able to use your time in things that actually mattered. Well, that was up to you. The truth was that you were still recovering from your combat with Yoshiota Chisato. You had used more magical energy than you had expected you would -In fact, your reserves were still half empty-, and this had resulted in you feeling exhausted. So, you had decided to spend the morning trying to recover. Thankfully, resting in bed didn't prevent you from using your laptop.

Nakamura Shinji was tired, but the Raven was ready to rumble.

But before getting to that, there was something else you wanted to check out. Apparently, a new information sharing website -Asgard- had come online recently, ran by a certain 'Heimdallr'. Not that his forum could ever rival the services you provided. On the other hand, you thought of the opposite: You could use the information provided to your advantage... Or what's more, create rumors yourself. You quickly registered your account and set yourself as 'invisible', a feature which hid your online status. Skimming over the forum rules, you found out that it was prohibited to name people involved in rumors in their respective discussion threads. This was done in order to avoid causing trouble to these individuals and to protect them from malicious users and their thirst to create false rumors.

Once you were sure you understood the workings of the site, you ventured into the rumors sub-forum and clicked the first thread that caught your attention. In the end, your interest is picked and you end up reading more than one.

1. Transfer Student-?! *Hot*
    -Someone just texted me to say that 1-B got a new student today. Wonder if it's a boy or a girl... Damn why did I have to skip class today?! - By 'IsawIsaw'

--If you mean the guy, he's a perv - By 'Yatagarasu'

---What Yata said. He tried to hit on the teacher. - By 'Lazy_Kuro'

----My fucking face. How did that turn out...? - By 'IsawIsaw'

-----Failed miserably. - By 'Yatagarasu'

--Actually, it's not just one guy. Two more girls joined 1-B, and I heard 2-A and 2-B also got new students. - By 'Things As They Are'

---I will read the rules before posting (Edited by Heimdallr) - By 'Banned'

----Idiot. - By 'Yatagarasu'

--The girl is hot. - By 'Elemental'

---Which? - By 'Lazy_Kuro'

----Brunette. - By 'Elemental'
    2. Immortal teacher!
    -Kuro told me about this teacher at Starlight who never ages. Not sure if true, but discuss. - By 'Elemental'

--Heh, beat me to it. But yeah, actually, A friend of my father showed me a picture of how he looked agesssssssssss ago. To my surprise he looks exactly the same now! - By 'Lazy_Kuro'

---I don't buy it. Nobody lives forever. - By 'Yatagarasu'

--Can someone tell me who are we talking about? - By 'Lurkhunter'

---Read the rules. We can't give you his name. - By 'Things As They Are'

--He might or might not teach
    chemistry. - By 'Yatagarasu'
    3. Disappearances
    -My neighbor is freaking out because her brother hasn't come home since yesterday. I heard he usually hangs out at night, doing strange things. His friends are not any less weird. To be honest, this isn't the first time this happens... But damn, girl is driving me nuts with all that yelling. - By Lux.

--I know that feel. Exactly the same happened to me week ago. Guy never came back... - By 'Lazy_Kuro'

---Think it's related? - By 'IsawIsaw'

----Dunno. To be honest, I don't like how unsafe the island feels lately :/ - By 'Lazy_Kuro'

--Probably dead by now. - By 'Yatagarasu'
    4. I See Dead People
    -Do you know that new Arcade place in the Shopping District, YUZI? The other day I went there to chill but I ended up leaving sooner than I had expected. You see, I saw the ghost of the old owner... What's more, it spoke to me! It still freaks me out... Man... - By 'Storm Vanguard'

--Bullshit. - By 'Yatagarasu'

--How could you tell it was a ghost? Was his body transparent or something? - By 'Lazy_Kuro'

---I don't know about transparency, but his face was real pale-! Seriously, it was a ghost, I swear. - By 'Storm Vanguard'

----China holds the answer. - By 'Heimdallr'
    5. Lunch Boxes
    -So, like... I made a lunchbox for the boy I like. But it happens that it's gone! I remember I had to do some stuff around the house, get ready and shiz, and when I came back it's no longer there. All the doors were closed... There was NO way someone could have gotten inside without getting noticed... Wtf. - By Pure Maiden

--... Why would someone ever steal a lunchbox? o.O Seriously. - By 'IsawIsaw'

--HIDE ALL YOUR FOOD. - By 'Yatagarasu'

---There is one person in the whole island who could have done it. - By 'Things As They Are'

----GO! DRUNK THIEF <3333 - By 'Lazy_Kuro'
    6. Haunted House
    -So, there is this really creepy house a few blocks away from where I live... I heard a dangerous and frightening creature lives inside. Is anyone not a pussy enough to go there at night with me? (Bonus points if you are a girl) - By 'Elemental'

--Points for trying, lol. - By 'Lazy_Kuro'

---Was serious about the exploring part, though. - By 'Elemental'

--Don't go! I heard a family was murdered there! - By Pure Maiden

--It's not haunted. - By 'Yatagarasu'

---Err... A girl has been living there for ages, you know? - By 'Things As They Are'

----Well, fuck. Case closed. Wait... What about the killings? Is that true or not? I think I'll just stay away just in case... - By 'Elemental'

-----Who's the pussy now? - By 'Yatagarasu'
    7. Heimdallr's Gender
    -Boy? Girl? Make your bets. - By 'Lazy_Kuro'

--Kuudere girl. - By 'Elemental'

--Lol. That's a mystery you won't ever solve. - By 'Heimdallr'

---...Maybe Tsundere? - By 'Elemental'

----You are trying too hard. - By 'Yatagarasu'

--Neither! - By 'Things As They Are'

---@TATR: ??? - By 'IsawIsaw'

--For the record, I think Heimdallr is a boy. What about you, Kuro. - By 'IsawIsaw'

---Same here. There are no girls on the internet... 'Sides me. - By 'Lazy_Kuro'
    After spending nearly an hour on the site, you decided it was prudent to log off and get to work. Entering your own site, you checked your inbox for any possible request from your customers. And indeed, there was one waiting for you there. You opened the message and read it:

"Raven, please hear my request.

My name is Kitamura Ruriko. Yesterday, my brother, Ichigo hung out with some friends at night. He was supposed to be back by 3.AM, but that never happened. When I woke up today and saw that he was not here, I knew something had gone wrong. I am worried. Please, I cannot trust the police or any of my neighbors, you are my last resort. I beg you, please find my brother...

I'd do anything for him, please..."
    Last edited by hero; December 4th, 2012 at 03:56 PM.

Nakamura Shinji
    Furikawa Bakery 2nd Floor - Shinji's Room
    Morning

(BGM on)

Shinji's computer screen illuminates the dark room as his eyes scan the message on his screen. It was nothing new to the Forum: a cry for help to search for a missing person or item. He had lost count of the many messages the Forum received that were similar to this one. However menial it was to waste resources on a lost-and-found, The Raven was not one to pass up any form of future assistance or information. With few taps of the keyboard a reply is sent to Kitamura Ruriko, accepting her request and holding her to divulge one piece of information in return for asking for the Congress' assistance. Shinji proceeds to open several windows and sends out requests on files pertaining to Kitamura Ichigo. With Hishikawa Nanako's threat, Shinji had no need to bore himself with school and could spend his time handling the Forum himself.

It seemed like this would be a day that Shinji would get things done. But it would not be now.

(BGM off)

Without warning, Shinji's bedroom door is violently opened by a ferocious kick. Light from the hallway floods the room as a red-haired woman stands in the doorway. Her anger permeates the room as she glares the boy resting on his bed. She was the eldest daughter of the Furikawa family, Furikawa Shizune, an ex-delinquent who is trying to ease her way back into society. During her early years of delinquency, she injured her left eye in a fight and donned an eye patch ever since. The One-Eyed Dragon of Tsukuyomi-jima. Shinji was one of the few people who could weather the storm of her fury, but he had known her when they were children so he knew her in-and-out.

"Wakey wakey, shithead," Shizune growled. "Seeing as you're not going to school, you can actually pay for your stay here. Now get down stairs."

Considering the damage she inflicted last time he didn't comply with her orders, Shinji immediately hurried down stairs.
    Last edited by MssrNeko; December 14th, 2012 at 09:57 PM.

Spoiler:

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nakamura Akio
    Starlight Academy - After School

The classroom was alive with noise.

It wasn't hard to tell what everyone was so excited about; with the appearance of three new students, and the promise of a trip to the beach tomorrow, it would have been odd if the general mood wasn't a pleasant one.

"Alright, let's see..."

Talking quietly to myself as I sorted through the notes I had taken one final time, in order to ensure I could tackle tonight's homework later on, I couldn't help but smile, infected by the general good mood of the class. It was odd that something simple like going to school would be so relaxing, but after what had happened yesterday, I guess I was just thankful a small peace like this could continue to exist...

Satisfied with my notes, I carefully placed all of my things back into my binder, before taking a quick look around the classroom again, not quite willing to go home so soon after the end of class. It was true that I had been entrusted with delivering the message of tomorrow's trip to Raku, but since I saw her everyday, I figured that there wasn't much of a need to just head home right now.

Of course, that alternate world had appeared after school yesterday... Perhaps it was a daily occurence?

I sighed.

I really was way too worried about it. I didn't have enough information to form a plan or anything, so the only thing I could do was wait and see how things developed from here.

For now, I should just enjoy my evening.

Mana had told me she was homeschooled, so it had been a bit of a surprise to see her here today, but it had been a good surprise, and throwing my backpack over my shoulder again, I moved towards her desk, not sure what I wanted to talk about, but simply that I wanted to talk to her for a bit. I kinda wanted to talk to Johnie and Mikoto as well, but I could do that after making sure Mana had felt comfortable here at the Academy.

"Hey Mana," sliding into the now empty desk next to her, I smiled, "How did you feel about your first day here?"
    Last edited by Airen; December 10th, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Hisamatsu Kanko
    Yamada Hayate's Base – Morning

You woke up in an unfamiliar room.

The walls and the ceiling had traces of growing mildew on them; and the bed made annoying noises every time there was a change in weight. As you slowly put together all the events that had taken place the day before, you remembered you were not there to complain. Last night, Hayate had literally carried you all the way to his place, where you had spent the night. Of course, you had initially refused his proposal, but you had been in no room to negotiate at the time. With your body paralyzed by the poison, you had been left with no choice but to comply. For some reason, Yamada had managed to recover a lot faster, despite being the one who got exposed to the toxic substance the most. In any case, you figured that you should thank him for everything he had done and then plan your next course of action.

"---Ah."

As you opened the door, you realized that there was another person on the other side that had been about to do the same. Fortunately, your timing had not been erred; otherwise you would have both ended on the floor. Standing there was a seventeen year old girl with red hair and sky blue eyes, dressed in sport clothes. Lingering traces of sweat were still present on her forehead and you could tell that she was a little agitated. This gave you an idea of what she had been doing until recently. As you didn't know this person, you couldn't help but to take a step back in surprise when she showed up out of nowhere. The first thought that crossed your mind was that the girl could be one of Hayate's relatives. Perhaps his sister.

"... Sorry."
    After a moment of heavy silence, the girl finally spoke. "I'll go tell aniki that you are awake." But she turned around to leave sooner than you had expected. However, spotting a figure walking up the stairs, she stopped her march.

"There will be no need for that."
    Cleaning his forehead with a towel, Yamada Hayate met you with a smile. His top was bare and his fists had been bandaged for practice. It seemed that everyone trained on their free time in here. Placing the towel over his shoulder, he proceeded to introduce you to the girl. "This is Saki, a friend of mine. We run this place together."

Feeling slightly pressured, Takizawa Sakiko shyly offered you a handshake. You accepted it and used the opportunity to introduce yourself as well. Then, a little curious, you asked Hayate about your current location. Now that you were out of the guest room, it was not hard to see that the structure was too big to be a just a house.

"Come, I'll show you."

-------

Well, with all the hints earlier, it should have been obvious.

Before your eyes was what you recognized as a boxing gym. Like everything you had seen before, the place was not in the best condition. Even so, the place was tidy and clean, and you could tell that a lot of effort was being made to hold it together. What caught your attention the most, however, were the drawings and posters on the walls. They were all directed at Hayate -who was addressed as 'Aniki'- and contained diverse words of encouragements and drawings. The quality gave it away that most of them had been drawn by infants.

"I'd like to talk about what it's important."
    The boy started. "But that will have to wait. Saki and I have plans for today. We'll be leaving for school soon, and we won't come back until the night." Saying this, he threw a set of keys at you, which you managed to grab with quick reflexes. "Until then, the place is yours. We will be back with news, so be here by then. If you need something, you know where to find me."

Acquired 'Stand Up Be Strong' Entrance Key.

It was clear that you would part ways with the duo for now. But that didn't mean you could not do some investigation on your own. Once you were left alone, you pondered about what to do. Maybe you could patrol the island, see if you find any clues. Or perhaps you could explore the house. Last but not least, you could arrange to meet with someone.

The countdown to the next event had already started and you didn't have much time. Better make everything count.

-------

When ready to move to evening phase, select a NPC you would like to spend time with, or a specific activity you would like to perform. Unless there are any planned events or interruptions, this will 'consume' your evening phase and move you forward to night phase. So please take this into account when making choices.
    Sometimes visiting certain places alone opens up possibilities and events. As a final reminder, some NPCs might like to spend time with you (!) on certain occasions. It's okay to refuse their invitations, but doing it often might cause the relationship to suffer so it's not recommended.
    Last edited by hero; December 13th, 2012 at 03:40 PM.

Lucille Fairiday
    Residential District - Morning

The pieces of your consciousness were slowly starting to come back together.

The first thing that you remembered was that you had been drawn into a game of life and death. The winner would be awarded 'the ultimate magic', a miracle strong enough to make any wish come true. With it, Takashi Takemori could be brought back from the dead. You had been selected as a player against your will, but the promise that your loved one would return if you killed every other participant had been enough to convince you. It had been only natural, you were the sort of person that would do absolutely anything for the chance of seeing that person laugh again. No matter what.

The next thing that you recalled was fighting against a giant snake. You had blasted her several times with your Last Resort, Superbia, but it had proved to be an extremely tough creature. The image of a blue haired girl flashed through your head. Oh, that's right. You had agreed to distract the serpent while the mysterious Magus focused on chasing its summoner. Remembering anything past that point proved to be an incredible hard thing to do, as every time you tried, a head splitting headache interrupted the process. Had you killed the monster in the end? You could only assume so. Otherwise, you would not be here this day.

Wait... 'Here'?

Finally awake, you took a look around only to find that, just like the day before; you were sitting on the backseat of a moving vehicle. Be it the lingering effects of Jörmungandr's poison or some other drug, you found yourself unable to move properly. However, some of your fingers were regaining their mobility already, so you figured that the effects of this paralysis wouldn't last much longer. Polarized glass made it impossible to tell the identity of the driver, but one thing was for sure: This time, you were dealing with professionals.

"Good morning."

A voice came out of the speakers, greeting you. Contrary to your expectations, it had not been distorted and you could easily tell that it belonged to man. You assumed that he was about to announce what he wanted from you or why he had decided to take you as a hostage. With nothing you could do to stop this, you let the enigmatic person continue:

"I'll go straight to the point."
    He started. "I'm a participant of Ragnarok as well. I have brought you here to offer you a contract of mutual cooperation." So, from what you could tell, the man wanted you to become his ally. But why would you agree to that...? In order to reach your goal, you had been told that you had to defeat every other participant. And someone like you didn't require any help to do that. In other words, your answer should have been a final 'no'. However, what he told you next made you change your mind. "Takeshi Takemori is alive. I brought him back from the land of the dead." A small pause. "If you agree to my proposal, I can show you where he is right now."

You didn't even have the freedom to think before you answered. A faint 'yes' escaped from your mouth as soon as the man finished speaking. Truth was that you still didn't buy his words. What if this was some kind of trick that exploited your one weakness? What if this person was just trying to use you for his own purposes?

"Look under your seat."

Doing as the man had said, you looked under your seat to find an envelope attached to it. You grabbed it, opened it, and spread all of its contents on the back seat. Pictures, most of which belonged to people you did not recognize. The girl with blue hair from the previous night was there though. Looking at the photos closely, you discovered that each of them had a name written on their backside.

"These are the people who pose a threat to me. The only thing I ask of you is to eliminate as many as them as possible. In other words, I want you to play the game in the same way I am sure you normally would."

You took your time to stare at every picture and memorize the names of the people captured in them:

-Aomori Mana.
    -Yamada Hayate.
    -Fukami Mikoto.
    -Nakamura Hitomi.
    -Natsume Raku.
    -Sophie Kaede.
    -Shinzou Kamui.
    -Nakayama Haru.

"The next time that world, Eyespace, will materialize will be tomorrow, and most of the people in that list will be at the beach that day."
    The mysterious person commented. "Some of them are pretty strong, so maybe it would be best if you could turn them against each other, instead of taking them head on. If you are too direct, they will attack you all at once and I can guarantee you will not be able to survive that."

At that moment, the car stopped and its door opened, inviting you to step outside.

"Takashi Takemori is waiting at his house. You might want to pay him a visit."
    The voice said. "I couldn't restore his powers as a Magus, sadly. But that's okay with you, right?"

One final pause.

"Just know that his life rests in the palm of my hand now."
    Last edited by hero; December 14th, 2012 at 03:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Fairiday
    Residential District - Morning

"Thank you." She turned back to the car and waved, a smile on her face that was almost as sweet as the morning sunrise. Those were the first genuine words Lucille Fairiday had ever said since she had returned to the island since vanishing from it years before. And surprisingly, those words had no killing intent. Just a gentle tone, one Lucille never used often. She turned to the house, which reeked of nostalgia for her. It was his house, the one where she and Takemori-chan had spent many a day playing the role of hero.

I'm not worthy.

She pulled out the envelope and looked at it, casually skimming the contents as if she had all the time in the world. These were the people she had to kill. Finding them would be easy - with her resources and a good private detective, nobody could hide from her.

Putting it away, she strolled towards towards the plain white house, and knocked on the door. Once, twice, thrice. Four, five, six. Seven. And eight. It was a familiar pattern; she had always knocked on the door to Takemori-chan's house like that, and he did the same to her. She didn't remember the joke; something about the number of virtues and an additional knock for good luck, or something like that. It was cute, though, so that's why she did it.

The familiar sound of the door unlocking reached her ears, but the door didn't open. He - Takemori-chan - usually opened the door... It was because it was her, wasn't it. What she did. What made her think that Takemori-chan would welcome her back with open arms?

Lucille wiped her tears and steeled herself, and opened the door in one fell swoop. She had a reputation to maintain, after all, one without weakness.

Inside was a simple living room that served as the heart of the house. A TV, a coffee table, and a couch, and another thing that was on the couchbutthankGodandeverythingintheheavens

HewasaliveafterallohGodwhatshouldshedowhatwouldshe dodamnitwhywassheallweakatthekneescrapsheneededtoc losethedoorohfuckingGodhewashereandalive

She cried. The prideful woman known on as Lucille Fairiday slammed the door behind her, got on her knees, and cried and cried, tears falling like heavy rain.

Then she felt someone pull her up and give her something she hadn't gotten in a long time; a hug.

"...It's
    alright, Lucy. I'm back, no need to cry, it's okay, it's okay..." It was him, it was him, it was him, it was him it was him it was him and he wasn't mad

"I'm s-s-s-s-s-sssssorry..." She held on to him like a child, bawling into his shoulder as if there was no tomorrow. "I d-didn't..."

"It's fine, it's fine... Take a few deep breaths, Lucy. It was just an accident, okay? You didn't mean it, it's nothing to be sorry for... Heck, it's my fault anyway, for not noticing that you felt that way..."
    Takemori-chan was always this nice. In the end, it was always his fault, and that just wasn't right with her.

It was my fault, damnit...

"I-it's my fault, Takemori-chan..." The flow of tears had stopped, and she looked him in his soft brown eyes, and frowned. "And d-don't you say it's your damn fault again, okay? I screwed everything up! I... I-"

"Just let it go, Lucy. I'm fine now, alright?" He let go, and for a few minutes, waited for Lucille to let go as well. He sat on the couch and put his hands behind his head, staring through the window. "So, mind if we catch up on things?"

Lucille nodded and sat down right next to him, putting her hands in her lap, grinning.

Thank God.

---

"So that's what happened...? Well, nothing I can do, and I can't even make up lost time..." Takemori-chan held out his hand, as if summoning something, and promptly gave up when nothing happened. His frown of disappointment struck her heart like and icy dagger, and she could only frown along with him. "Guess being alive again had a price..."

"If I hadn't-"

"Don't say anything, Lucille. It's an accident, alright?"
    Takemori-chan put a hand on her shoulder, and sighed. Then his eyes flashed with anger, and he glared at Lucille. What had she done wrong this time...? "I'm so useless..."

"Don't say that! It's my fault and... I think I know a way to give you your magic back." Lucille muttered the words softly, because it hurt to lie to him. But if he knew what she was doing... it would break his heart. And she didn't want him to look so sad anymore.

"What...?" The look of happiness on his face was so amazing she wished she had a camera.

"The same way you're alive again... if I recreate the ritual, I can give you your powers again! A-and you won't have to worry about not being able to save anyone, 'cause you're going to be stronger." The way she said it so confidently made the doubt creep into her head. What if... she wasn't strong enough to kill them all? What then?

No. She would do this for Takemori-chan.

"Don't comfort a broken man, Lucille, you're only going to be in more pain." She frowned. Had death broken his spirit? All she wanted was for him to smile. To smile! And if he was happy if people were saved...

"No. You and I said that we'd save everyone, right!? And if you need to be saved, I'll help you no matter what!" She wouldn't give up on him. Even if she died, she'd always have faith in him.

He put his hands in his pockets and gave Lucille a hard look, as if he didn't believe her. That was probably what he was thinking...

"Lucille, promise me something."

"What?"

"When you leave... remember that I'm not the only person who needs to be saved, okay?" He smiled, and she never could resist that innocent smile.

"...I promise."
    Despite how absurd those words were... she didn't feel like they were a lie. "D-do you mind if I stay here until the afternoon...?"

"You always were an angel, Lucy. And, of course. Make yourself at home, okay?"
    Takemori-chan went back to sit on the couch, and Lucille dived into the kitchen, wondering if there was any food.

Angel. She hadn't been called that for a long time.
    Last edited by Katie; December 14th, 2012 at 10:54 PM.

Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis Suncofold's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hisamatsu Kanko
    Yamada Hayate’s Base – Morning

Kanko watched as the door closed. Teenagers went to school. For a moment, he’d actually forgotten people of that age did such a thing. Compared to where he’d been a few weeks ago, most were lucky to know how to read, much less do… well, whatever teenagers learned these days.

A wry smile came over his face. Like he would know. This was his first time back in Japan in five years. He was… nineteen now? Kanko grimaced; he couldn’t be completely sure, and that was slightly worrying. Time wasn’t as important in the long term, and he’d rarely paid attention. Either way, he was reasonably sure he was nineteen, and that meant he had only been fourteen when he fled on his journey.

Sadly enough, that meant his education was…lacking.

Well, that wasn’t important now. Kanko glanced at the keys in his hand. Hayate was pretty trusting to just throw him the keys like that. Of course, Kanko wouldn’t actually do anything with the keys, but it was strange that Hayate would so easily give him the responsibility of looking over the gym.

Things to do, and a finite amount of time to do it. Twirling the keys around his finger, Kanko headed towards the door. He’d feel better after patrolling for a bit and acquainting himself with the island.

Besides, he’d left that girl behind yesterday. Inao Saori. With a destination in mind, Kanko pushed open the door and locked it behind him. Hospital first, then patrol.

Current Fanfics:

Reynard Everheart

Rei had already known about Johnny - but to find out that the girl that Akio had met yesterday was suddenly joining their class...

It seemed a little convenient.

There was something else that bothered Rei too. According to Akio, Mana had been home schooled; in that case, it seemed strange that the school wouldn't have known that she was on the island if she had been living here for some time. Maybe Nanako had misspoken, but that seemed unlikely too; the school president wasn't known for making mistakes.

Still, whatever concerns Rei had about her, he kept them silent for now; he trusted in Akio's judgment, even if Rei would ask to be updated later.

And as for Nakayama Haru... well, to be honest, her name wasn't in the list Mihou had given Rei. Then again, neither had Johnny's. Given the timing of her arrival, Rei knew that it would be stupid to overlook her simply because she wasn't one of the official participants. If she was a magus, or even just had the potential to be one, it was possible that she would be dragged into this mess as well.

In the end, though, the person that occupied Rei's thoughts the most was none other than Nanako herself. Rei would be the first to admit that he had spent most of the night worrying about her; with no way to contact her, all he could do was wait until morning.

Now that he had finally seen her, though... he was relieved, but also very, very worried. While it was true that she had agreed to let him escort her, they had never set aside any particular day. He knew that she still had to go to the student council meeting after school, and he wasn't sure how long it would take for her to be free from her duties. Still, he couldn't wait for the weekend to come either.

Ultimately, he had to see her today.

He had tried being discreet throughout the day. However, being able to become president as a first year meant that Nanako had been - and still was - very popular. Even with three new transfer students to draw some attention away, she was still surrounded during breaks, and there was no moment to be alone with her.

Soon, the end of classes came. Even then, there was a group of girls around her - and he knew she would head to the student council room before. In the end, if he wanted to ask her out in private, he would need to take drastic measures.

"Johnny," Rei said, turning to the classmate beside him. "Did you know that the girls in our class love the cakes at the Furikawa Bakery?"

Nakamura Akio

Aomori Mana blinked in surprise.

Out of all of the students Akio could have chosen to talk to, he had picked her? She would not lie: After seeing just how easy it had been for the boy to get along with so many women the previous night, she had lost all hope that something like this would ever happen. But, to be honest, being the 'chosen one', even if it were for just a single day, felt incredibly good. There was no time for daydreaming or any other distractions, however. In the name of love, If she ever wanted to become Nakamura Akio's girlfriend, she couldn't let this wonderful chance slip by-!

"Well, umm... It's hard to say. I feel like I've already been over what's been taught in class, so I don't think grades are going to be a problem for me, hehe. Noriko-chan is also a very good teacher; she is really kind with the students and knows how to make the lessons engaging."
    It was rather funny to see Mana come up with all these conclusions after just one day at school, but she sounded really happy and excited about the whole thing, and so you didn't really mind. "I haven't made any new friends yet but, it's okay, right? Got to give it some time." With a friendly hand wave, she quickly dismissed the topic, not really bothered by it at all. "But, anyways, Akio... Got something to do today? If you want, we could go somewhere together..." Something made Aomori Mana's voice trail off. From the look on her face, you could tell that she had remembered something important. "Oh right! I almost completely forgot..."

"Let's seee~"
    Reaching into her bag, your friend pulled out three small objects. She placed two of them on the palm of her hand, and stored the third into her pockets. "Here, pick one." Mana said with friendly smile. Seeing as it was an identical pair, you simply picked one at random. With a closer look, you determined that you were now holding a small ornament based after some kind of bird. "It's a turtle dove. They are a symbol of friendship and love." The girl explained. "So long as we both keep our turtle dove, we will be friends forever."

Aomori Mana let out a small laugh.

"I bought them at the store this morning, on the way to school."
    She confessed, a little embarrassed. "Thank you about yesterday."
    Last edited by hero; December 22nd, 2012 at 02:17 PM.

Reynard Everheart

"That's cruel, partner;
    sending me to slay the dragon while you rescue the princess."

Johnie Gamble adjusted his hat with a visible grin on his face, his comment making it evident that he was no fool. While the American boy enjoyed the company of women and indeed, there were many beautiful girls around the Student Council President at the time, he had always been a man who sought a challenge and aimed high. He had no interest in girls he could get with a single snap of his fingers or those that had feelings for him already. Only the 'hardest' of women caught his attention. That was just the kind of person Johnie was.

"Hahahaha, but don't worry, guy."
    The boy laughed as he patted you in the back. "I get the message." He said, and without delay, he made his way towards the crew. As he did, Johnie Gamble raised his right arm and made a thumbs up sign with his hand, as if to say that everything would be okay. "Partner," He called out to you, from a distance and with an overly dramatic voice, one suited for a heroic sacrifice scene. "This time, I will protect you."

The declaration didn't make much sense, but again, that was just the kind of person Johnie was.

"So, girls."
    Wrapping his arms around two of the girls, the American Boy quickly made his move. "Who'd like some 'Furikawa' cake?"

-------

In the end, your friend had not managed to convince all the girls to go on a 'group date' with him -Maybe that had been a little too much to ask-, but at least those who had rejected his invitation had not stayed around for long. In a matter of minutes, the chance you had been waiting for manifested itself. Making up your mind, you approached the red haired class representative, aware that it was still impossible to make your conversation a hundred percent private. There were still students in the classroom and in the halls which could easily overhear anything you said. And, thanks to Hishikawa Nanako's popularity, your words and actions could give birth to rumors which could affect either of your respective status in Starlight Academy.

"Hello there, Rei."
    Nanako smiled. Perhaps she had been waiting for an opportunity to talk to you as well. "Got business with the Student Council?"

For some reason...

This felt like a twisted test of some sort.
    Last edited by hero; December 23rd, 2012 at 04:55 PM.

Reynard Everheart
    Starlight Academy

Rei wasn't surprised when Johnny saw through his plan - but then again, it was fairly obvious that Rei wanted a distraction. On the other hand, Johnny didn't completely realize exactly what he was getting into. Sure, the Furikawa Bakery was well known on the island... but the person who ran it was almost as well known on her own. Furikawa Shizune would probably be one of Johnny's types - and not just because they both wore eye patches, but... well, Rei wasn't sure if that would be a good thing or a bad thing. Whatever would happen at the bakery was sure to be interesting, though.

That said, Rei couldn't help but feel like he was forgetting something about that place - but it probably wasn't important. Instead, he thanked Johnny for the help, and focused on the girl left in the room.

Even though he had quite a bit of time to think, he still hadn't decided on what to say. No matter how he looked at it, bringing up the alternate dimension would look suspicious. Even though he was glad he had a list of names, simply approaching the people involved without any explanation... well, it just didn't look good. The only people who would know who the other participants were were the person pulling the strings and the people working underneath them.

He had to consider what her circumstances would have been. As an official participant, Nanako had undoubtedly been dragged into the other world. Even if she hadn't been dragged into a fight, the sudden disappearance of everybody else in the world would not have gone unnoticed; even if one were to have locked themselves away alone in a room at the time, the sudden silence would not have gone unnoticed by someone like the president. To be honest, Rei wasn't even sure how Raku had managed to avoid all of the trouble yesterday, considering that she had (by Akio's account) been left alone sleeping, only popping up when she tried to steal the fridge.

If she had been dragged into a fight, though... her survival could have meant several things. She could have been protected like Mana, awakened like Johnny, or was already a magus like Akio. In that case, was he supposed to promise her protection? Offer to teach her what he knew about magic? Suggest an alliance?

Somehow... none of that seemed right.

"Hello there, Rei. Got business with the Student Council?"

Rei ran a hand through his hair, buying himself an extra moment to think. In the end, what was the most important thing that he wanted to talk to her about, the one thing he had to make clear above all else?

"No," Rei finally said, shaking his head even as he smiled back at her. "I don't have any business with the student council. Whether it's the president of the student body, the representative of Class 1-B, or the #1 ranked student of the school - I'm not here for any of those people today.

"Right now, I'm only here for Hishikawa Nanako."

Hisamatsu Kanko
    Hospital – Morning

"..."

You entered the room with silent steps. Inao Saori rested on the bed, her eyes closed. As you sat down next to the small crystal table near the bed, you remembered what the doctor had told you just a few minutes from ago: Her condition had worsened considerably in the past twelve hours. There was seemingly no explanation for this, he had said, and while Saori's life was out of danger, it seemed like she would have to stay within these walls for quite some time.

And there was nothing you could do about it.

As a hero, it was your job to prevent things like this from happening. You could 'save' other people, but you were no healer. You could not 'cure'. Indeed, whatever happened from now on was up to the medical team and Saori herself. You could only stand and wait.

And hope for the best.

"Hey... There..." The girl turned her head towards you. You could tell that speaking was not such an easy task for her anymore. She sounded exhausted. "I... Didn't... Think I'd... See you... Here... Again..." Despite this, Inao Saori was smiling. She was happy to see you. "What... Happened... Yesterday?"

That question hurt.

You had disappeared without explanation the day before, leaving her completely alone. In your defense, you had been dragged to another world against your will; you had never intended to leave without saying goodbye. But it was not like you could use that as an excuse, right? Well, this was bad. You didn't know what to say...

If you said something inappropriate, it could make Saori upset. It would be the same if you chose to stay silent. And if you told her the truth, it was highly likely that she would not believe it.

Wait a minute.

You were talking with Inao Saori, a girl who claimed that she could see people's names and remaining lifespan on top of their heads. In the end, you figured it was more likely that she would trust your story over some lame excuse you came up with like being called from work or something. On the other hand, telling her about who you were and what you did could not be the wisest choice of them all...

What to do, it was up to you to decide.

Nakamura Shinji
    Furikawa Bakery -
    1st Floor

The Furikawa Bakery was rather lively today.

There was quite some movement, even at this time in the morning, customers coming in and out with just a few minutes between each other. Those were the only breaks you were allowed to take. Time flowed rapidly, and the next thing you knew, morning was over. But, even so, you didn't feel as if you had wasted your time. On the contrary, you felt somewhat revitalized, as if all that work had helped your body recover. Plus, it was not like you had made no progress during all this time. Perhaps Nakamura Shinji spent his entire morning selling bread and baking cakes, but the same could not be said about his machine. By now, It had probably collected enough information on Kitamura Ichigo for you to begin your investigation.

That would have to wait one more minute, though.

Just as your shift was about to end, a final customer walked through the door, and what a customer he was. Not only was the boy surrounded by girls, he was also wearing a cowboy outfit, with the hat and everything. The right side of his face was partially covered in bandages, hiding what could possibly be an eye injury. As a final note of interest, he came in holding a package wrapped up like a present. Noticing you were the only one behind the counter at the time, the man acknowledged your presence by adjusting his hat. Then, as if he had all of his companions under trance, he told them to stay behind, and so they did. Finally, the foreigner walked up to the counter, placed the package on top of it and extended his hand, offering you a handshake, gesture which caught you off guard.

"Good afternoon, my friend. My name is Johnie. Johnie Gamble."
    The boy introduced himself. "And I am here for some 'Furikawa' Cake."

A little weirded out by this particularly unique individual, your attention focused on the package, so much that you couldn't help but to ask about it before giving the customer what he had asked for. At this, Johnie laughed, as if he had completely forgotten about it.

"Oh yeah, this... It was right next the door, so I picked it up. Maybe you've got a secret admirer or something, hahahahaha!"
    He then made a pause and crossed his arms, a little more serious. "You can open it now if you want, I don't mind."

You stared at the package for a second.

It had a card attached to the envelope. It read "Best Wishes". On the other side of the card, you spotted some information on the sender. Although there was no name, there was an address. While you could not picture what was there exactly, -As your memory was a bit fuzzy, probably due to yesterday's events- you were sure you could take the time later to pay it a visit if you wanted to.

With all that said, it was time to make a decision. You could open it now or you could open it later. Or you could never open it and give it back to Johnie. Whatever the case, you should think it through.

Something told you that this was no ordinary package.
    Last edited by hero; January 4th, 2013 at 09:59 AM.

Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis Suncofold's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hisamatsu Kanko
    Hospital – Morning

Kanko’s calm smile froze at Saori’s question. Shit, he should’ve had a plan!

His first instinct was to not tell her. After all, why would he endanger an innocent person by recklessly spilling information that could get them killed? It made no sense, and no matter how many feelings were hurt, he couldn’t speak out like that. Besides, it wasn’t like someone mundane could ever understand…

But then the crux of the issue presented itself – Inao Saori was not mundane. If her claims were taken as truth, she had an ability that Kanko almost wished he had. If he could see the death date of everyone, shouldn’t that make him more effective in his efforts to save people? At the same time, he was aware of its drawbacks – he would never rest easy with such a power, and it would most likely be a one-way track to obsession and insanity.

What to do? With knowledge, and even possession of supernatural powers, Inao Saori would believe the truth over any kind of mundane excuse he could make. Kanko knew his own limits, and he wasn’t confident in his ability to spin a half-truth, not when he had to puzzle out the true meaning behind the <<other space>>.

In war, there was no such thing as an unsuitable target. And that meant that if Inao Saori wasn’t a part of the <<other space>>, he couldn’t tell her.

Yet again, there was another side. Inao Saori’s ability could make her a target anyway. Even if she had no knowledge, even if she wasn’t truly involved, that wouldn’t prevent anyone from taking advantage of her ability. For the ability to see when someone would die meant an instant calculator of “Who will win?” With the right abilities and the right strategies, one thing was certain.

Inao Saori could be the tool to win the war.

And it only depended on who knew what her ability was. Kanko wasn’t a detector type, so there was no way to be certain if Saori could be picked up out in a crowd.

Fuck, there wasn’t a right answer to this at all.

It was a question of exploitation now. By telling her now, Kanko would get her involved, but there was a very real chance of her getting involved even if he didn’t tell her.

“I… well…” Kanko started, then stopped. He ran a hand through his hair, slightly frustrated. Where was he supposed to start?

This was his first time telling someone out of the blue about his powers, after all.

Current Fanfics:

Blog Entries

Fukami Mikoto
    Starlight Academy- After School

(BGM on)

"Sleeeeeeeeeeeeepy..."

Grumbling to myself through a yawn, I say the one thing that's really on my mind. I'm tired, and rightfully so. Not only did I end up exerting myself more than I planned, but I also spent the majority of the night worrying about just what exactly is going on. I even went out of my way to contact some associates of mine in regards to 'that space'. Tsubaki, Terra, Mei, Kazumi-sensei, heck, even Ryo... But no matter what, I couldn't seem to contact anyone capable of helping at the moment. So it looks like, for now, we're blind and on our own.

"...What a drag."

Knowing I'll grow even more weary if left with my own thoughts, I take a moment to scan the room. Classes have already ended for the day and everyone is already setting off for their afternoon activities. Seeing everyone going about their lives so innocently and carefree is kind of sobering and helps to put a smile on my face. However, it only serves to strengthen the unease I feel knowing that people's lives are on the line.

Placing my chin in the palm of my hand, I look over at Nakamura Akio and one of the new students, Mana. From what I can tell, they're having a pretty casual conversation, but I feel that Nakamura is actually worried just as I am. While it's true that coincidences do occur, the fact that Mana transferred to this school right after all that... Not too long ago, I'd say 'she's suspect'. Magic attracts magic, after all. And the idea that I can confirm the presence of four mages in this school already... It isn't exactly calming my nerves.

Turning my attention towards Nakamura's 'brother', I notice that he's doing something similar in approaching another new arrival, Johnny Gamble. This two seem to know each other too, though I can't exactly say I know the reason why. It's possible they're just you're everyday friends, but I can't shake the thought of the cowboy being a mage as well. Regardless, if that is the case, it's best to leave it to Rei for now.

Which just leaves one more person, Nakayama Haru. If my intuition is leading me in the right direction, then the chances of Nakayama being a mage is rather reasonable, but it's a stretch. While I guess it's definitely worth checking her out, if she's just a civilian, I could possibly drag her into this mess. In the end, I'm not sure exactly how that zone works. I lost my jacket last night within that space, but I was able to leave with the scarf I created. Yet at the same time, all the damage to the surrounding area simply disappeared. It's all really troublesome, and I don't like it...

"..."

With an annoyed groan, I scratch my head and just get up from my seat. While it's true I could do the 'sensible' thing and investigate the school and surrounding area for changes, at the same time, I need to rest. Worry over every little detail like this isn't going to do me a damn bit of good. So for now, I should just return to an average life and rest up in case something new pops up.

"Oi~ Nakayama-san," putting on a smile while loading my bag, I call out to the blue-haired girl, "Want to hang out for a bit? I was gonna head over to Milky Way to shop for some clothes for a bit. Interested?"
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Reynard Everheart
    Starlight Academy
    - After School

"..."

Silence. Almost every student inside and outside the classroom had stopped talking just to pay attention to the conversation you were having. Without a doubt, Nanako and you were the new center of attention. With everyone's stares fixed on you, it was impossible not to feel under pressure. Whatever words you used would have much more weight from now on.

However, this didn't seem to bother Hishikawa Nanako in the slightest. Even after your blunt declaration, she showed no hints of weakness. Instead, the face she wore was still that of a victorios person. It was as if, little by little, every piece of her master plan was slowly falling into place.

"I see."
    Nanako responded, sounding somewhat distant. "Then, please, voice whatever concern you might have with me."

At this point, it became obvious to the onlookers that they were about to witness a love confession. After all, this was not the first time it happened. Through the year, many have tried their luck and asked Nanako out in a date, or outright confessed their feelings for her. It was always the same thing. First the guy approached her, in public or in private, and showed off with a cool line meant to impress the girl. Then, Nanako responded with something similar to what she had said just now. The final act was the boy confessing and Nanako shooting him down instantly. The apologize and lecture that came after that was not any less forgiving on the souls of those who'd had the bad luck of falling in love with her. So yeah, to the audience, you were just a temporal source of entertainment. While many students watched anxiously, others had begun to lose interest. Perhaps it was equally painful to watch someone else get rejected in their place.

But... Were you here to get rejected? Or, better yet, Were you here for a love confession...?

Whatever the case, it was clear that Nanako wanted you to say it out loud for everyone to hear. You did not know if she had a reason for it, or if this was just the way she did things. In the end, you had two choices. Either do as she said and voice out your concerns for everyone to hear, or simply dismiss the whole thing and walk away.

Nobody would hate you for doing so.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nakamura Akio

Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post

"I bought them at the store this morning, on the way to school."
    She confessed, a little embarrassed. "Thank you about yesterday."
    Once again, the innocent actions of a friend knocked away the remnants of my stress.

"I was happy to help," still smiling, I turned my gaze from the turtle dove in my hand, to Mana's face, "After all, it's natural to protect your friends, right?" Realizing that I was being a bit cheesy again, I laughed for a brief moment before continuing, the turtle dove now safely stored in the right pocket of my school jacket, "I'll definetly treasure this, so let's be friends forever, alright?"

...Yeah, even when I tried to avoid it, it seemed I was destined to say some pretty lame things. But when faced with such a sincere affection, it was always best to respond with the truth.

"Anyway," a bit embarrassed about my answer, I moved to answer her earlier question, "I don't have much to do today, so yeah, if you want me to, we can hang out for a little bit."

Shifting in my chair, I noticed for the first time that the classroom had grown pretty quiet-

Quote Originally Posted by Nanako
    "Then, please, voice whatever concern you might have with me."
    ...Oh man.

It wasn't the first time a thing like this had happened, but it was the first time I had ever seen my best friend in this sort of situation... I hadn't even known he'd had a crush on Nanako, and yet, here he was, in the "heartbreak trap."

Ordinarily, the best friend of such a person should prepare themself to repair the damage caused by a public rejection, but...

I had complete faith in Rei.

If there was someone who could avoid the unavoidable rejection, it was him.

Quietly, I raised my hand, and knowing that only he could see me from his angle, gave him a thumbs up, the only encouragement needed, before turning back to Mana, completely unworried about how things would turn out for my 'brother.'
    Last edited by Airen; January 9th, 2013 at 12:33 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"