Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 611141516

Thread: Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Dumb action and eye candy is pretty much the only highlight.
    Pretty much why I watch this. I just want to see fantasy creatures feel the lovingly fiery embrace of modern (or futuristic) firepower.

There seriously isn't a video game out there that will let me do this stuff? Carpet bomb armies of Orcs/Goblins? SpecOps squads sneaking through castles to kidnap princesses or C4 the place to the ground? Order artillery fire on cocky warmongering kingdoms or barbarians? Chaingunning Ents cuz' they looked at us funny?

Not like those Civilization games were they're like chesspieces, like real-time in your face VGs stuff .

Banned
    All I know about Mahouka is that Chinese blood is portrayed as a catalyst for evil and the heroes go on a heroic pogrom at one point.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by solopy567 View Post
    Well, not like 80% of anime isn't like that anyway.

In other news, today's episode was interesting to say the least. There sure was a huge reduction in the gore as usual, but I think the biggest change I didn't understand is why they made it so the dragon falls down into the volcano and disappears and not have it decapitated like in the manga and delivered to the Empire. Honestly, some of these changes are annoying.
    Guro reduction again, probably. As I mentioned, I'm only here for the Rory, but to be fair, there were many who were watching Chaos Dragon just for Lou. Only difference is that I had high expectations for Chaos Dragon but was disappointed. Here, I had low expectations but was pleasantly surprised. Also, to be fair, as a Chinese American born in China, raised by a family who lived in Communist-controlled China, I would say that this series' portrayal of the Chinese government is not bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    modern (or futuristic) firepower.
    Rather, Cold War era firepower

Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    There seriously isn't a video game out there that will let me do this stuff? Carpet bomb armies of Orcs/Goblins? SpecOps squads sneaking through castles to kidnap princesses or C4 the place to the ground? Order artillery fire on cocky warmongering kingdoms or barbarians? Chaingunning Ents cuz' they looked at us funny?
    Warhammer 40k games?
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    All I know about Mahouka is that Chinese blood is portrayed as a catalyst for evil and the heroes go on a heroic pogrom at one point.
    Japan has also reverted to conservative public morals.

死者 Corpse
    I see this thread has been dead since early 2016. But does anyone know about the quality of the metals used in the weapons of the Saderan Legions?

I can understand the demi-human Auxilia having sub-par weaponry and armor given their role in the military but what about the legions and allied army? normally I would say it'd be iron with steel being rare but seeing as some in the allied army having armor seemingly renaissance era and quality. which leads me to wonder if they are able to supply a large enough amount of steel armor and weapons to the 'knight' class or nobility? or if its just a one instance of the aritst and animators just not caring and went with the 'rule of cool' like they did in much of the series.