Page 101 of 397 FirstFirst ... 51919699100101102103106111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 7929

Thread: Infinite Library of Swords: A Lyrical Nanoha x Nasuverse drabble thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shikyo21 View Post
    For that alien the rule is simple; don't go bother it.

Shirou is rather bad at this, getting his local alien all 'hot and bothered' :P

Illya is best servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post
    I wonder how much 'mystery' magically-induced falling rocks have.
    Prolly none? Unless it's the first rock used to kill a person or something? A rock is just a rock.

Funny thing is, it's Nanoha that would have a hard time. Mana Conversion Affinity allows for efficient lightning or flame attacks which Resistance can't block so the "aliens" Fate, Erio and Signum could fare better.

Servants are a whole can of worms, though. You can probably reason that since the Wolkenritters originated from ages long ago they might have enough Mystery in them, but everyone else will have it very hard.

Since this is a x-over anyway, how about this: within its purview, Gaia misidentifies the alien magics as belonging to an established Theory, like say Kabbalah, and thus recognize them as Magecraft. That or as AoG magic because those aliens are actually descendants a of lost magic-using ancient civilization from Earth who went into an off-planet exodus for one reason or another.

TBH, I just find the 'mystery' argument annoying since instead of awesome 1v2,3,10 fights, you get Servanthaxroflcurbstomp.

Blog Entries
    Why always bring Servants, though? It's a Lyrical Nanoha x Nasuverse thread, and if memory serves there's more to Nasu than the Grail Wars. Or Fate Stay Night, for that matter.

Hell, there's always a slot for Nanoha x Prisma Illya fic

(And I'm pretty sure that half a day before the arguments are more skewed towards NanohaSuperBeamhaxroflcurbstomp, which is just as annoying as Servanthaxroflcurbstomp)

Because they're almost always the counterargument used?

That or as AoG magic because those aliens are actually descendants a of lost magic-using ancient civilization from Earth who went into an off-planet exodus for one reason or another.
    And this is just too damn cliché. Beside, I agree with Tiresias here. Servants don't appear unless the Grail War is involved, and that take places after a long period of time.
    Underneath the Stars

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    Hell, there's always a slot for Nanoha x Prisma Illya fic
    No arguments here.

Also, off to read 3rei's first chapter =D

(And I'm pretty sure that half a day before the arguments are more skewed towards NanohaSuperBeamhaxroflcurbstomp, which is just as annoying as Servanthaxroflcurbstomp)
    I either missed that or I have no idea what you're referring to. Unless you're talking about the discussion on MGLN!magic's stun setting.
    Last edited by nununu; December 9th, 2012 at 10:17 AM.

Since this is a x-over anyway, how about this: within its purview, Gaia misidentifies the alien magics as belonging to an established Theory, like say Kabbalah, and thus recognize them as Magecraft. That or as AoG magic because those aliens are actually descendants a of lost magic-using ancient civilization from Earth who went into an off-planet exodus for one reason or another.

TBH, I just find the 'mystery' argument annoying since instead of awesome 1v2,3,10 fights, you get Servanthaxroflcurbstomp.
    Roa uses Numerology, a Kaballah based system, and Nanoha Mages use "programs" based on advanced equations so that would seem to fit as the closest "parallel" and would likely be the first thing that comes to mind if a Magi found out about how Mages do things. It would certainly make sense for a Magi to believe that Nanohaverse Mages use a Numerology analogue system independent from the Kaballah in order to fit it into their world view. We know it is different of course, but a Magi would not think "aliens who are physically identical in most ways to humans" as the first thought to explain a Mages powers.

At least that is how I would see someone like Rin's first reaction to a Mage's "Magic". Gaia, I don't know about it interpreting it as Numerology, but something similar is a distinct possibility.

Personally I see all Supreme Reality Marble's functioning on base physics that make up the universe. Individual "world's" develop their own sense of "reality" the same way humans do by interpreting their surroundings in a way they can rationalize, but at the base the "material" they use, such as atoms and molecules, are still the same at their base. Nanoha style Mages could thus be manipulating the "base" reality that all worlds share, but as a cost must follow it's laws rather then warping and bending them to an individuals viewpoint as Magecraft and a Planet's Supreme Reality Marble does.

In short Magecraft and Reality Marbles are tied to "belief" letting them warp reality as according to these beliefs, whereas Nanohaverse Magic is grounded in "reality" and must always follow the laws of "science" and are restricted to what they can prove with scientific study.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    Do remember that Nanoha uses pure magical energy attack. And so...

So no, Nanoha won't be soloing a Grail War without breaking a sweat
    The problem is the scale. If utilizing her linker core allows Nanoha the ability to discharge say 1000 units of magical energy, the energy requirement of excalibur and what Rin and Sakura were throwing around when fighting at servant level in HF, it would take Rin armed with the Jeweled sword, caster, dark grail sakura, ilya, or ciel to nullify that attack. Everyone else who isn't Gilgamesh, Saber, Lancer, Berserker, and MAYBE Archer/Shirou would still be fucked.

Is always seeking the horizon. Knives91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    The problem is the scale. If utilizing her linker core allows Nanoha the ability to discharge say 1000 units of magical energy, the energy requirement of excalibur and what Rin and Sakura were throwing around when fighting at servant level in HF, it would take Rin armed with the Jeweled sword, caster, dark grail sakura, ilya, or ciel to nullify that attack. Everyone else who isn't Gilgamesh, Saber, Lancer, Berserker, and MAYBE Archer/Shirou would still be fucked.
    True. It would also draw the attention of the entire world and then all hell would break loose. Provided the remaining Magi and Servants don't try their damnedest to kill her first. And given who all might survive that kind of bombardment, the odds aren't looking to be in her favor.
    Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know.

PRAISE THE SUN!

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    < reads current discussion >
    *w*

So... I seem to recall reading something about Fate/Stay Night which mentioned that Magic Circuits were a more recent thing, and that magi from the Age of the Gods didn't have Magic Circuits and had other ways to use mana.

(*c*) < What if magi from the Age of the Gods used Linker Cores instead?

*bolts* --------------> ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    < reads current discussion >
    *w*

So... I seem to recall reading something about Fate/Stay Night which mentioned that Magic Circuits were a more recent thing, and that magi from the Age of the Gods didn't have Magic Circuits and had other ways to use mana.

(*c*) < What if magi from the Age of the Gods used Linker Cores instead?

*bolts* --------------> ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
    Nope. They talked, and magic listened, like it was their puppy.

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    Nope. They talked, and magic listened, like it was their puppy.
    Pretty much this. =V

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A Magic Puppy. Like Clifford the Big Red Dog, Wishbone or Lassie.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    >.>

<.<

I break my self imposed ban to bring you this:

M-Master... Please, hurry back to me...

Now back to work on that bath...
    The Art of Shipping is as profound as it is dangerous; not for the faint of heart nor the weak of will, it makes gods and devils out of us all.

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    ...damn ye...

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ... GODDAMN IT IRON.

0///0
    ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    Pretty much this. =V
    *looks at Hayate and Reinforce*

You know...

"They're all excellent kids after all." Sky Master's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
    >.>

<.<

I break my self imposed ban to bring you this:

M-Master... Please, hurry back to me...

Now back to work on that bath...
    I approve of this... though I think an embarrassed expression would fit this scene better...
    Last edited by Sky Master; December 9th, 2012 at 10:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    I feel weird for being one of those people that just never really got the appeal of Reinforce. The original, I mean. I guess it's something I'd understand if I played the AU game where she survived?