Page 292 of 397 FirstFirst ... 192242282287290291292293294297302342392 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,840 of 7929

Thread: Infinite Library of Swords: A Lyrical Nanoha x Nasuverse drabble thread

Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    There was no shipping of any kind in Lyrical Days. After all, the cast was 10 and it wasn't a CLAMP work.
    It's all fun and games until the holy grail war.

You know, the thing is, Fate Night Sky and Lyrical Days are the basic stories we got. If you want to combine the two universes, and, lets face it, that is what the thread is about, then we have 3 main focuses. The Grail War, the start of Nanoha series, and the start of the Book of Darkness arc. Of the three, the grail war doesn't feel right to begin with because the readers would prefer the main characters be around the same age. Especially for shipping purposes. So if you start at the grail war then you lose out on Nanoha Seasons 1 and 2.

We already have two two basic stories for that. The first has Shirou partnering with the Knights. The second has with him partnering with Nanoha as she starts her journey, with the Holy Grail War coming later on with an improved Shirou newly able to handle the war much better then his canon self.

These are the stories. While possible to start out with everyone as an adult you lose out on a ton of background. No one has come up with better ideas then the templates LD and FNS have come up with. If you are going to be writing, it's all going to basically be a remake. We can change things here or there, Maybe Hayate is Shirou's sister, or maybe Shirou first meets Fate instead of Nanoha, but the basic structure is in place. If the focus is writing a good Fate Stay Night/Nanoha cross story, you are likely to start during Nanoha season one or two.

I think you have to resign yourself to the fact that you are pretty much condemned to doing a remake of one of these unfinished stories, if you are serious about making this cross work. Without the basic story, you don't really want to continue on to the strikers area. You could also do something weird like following along that Ilya centric magical girl story, or perhaps having an adult Shirou meet Nanoha early on but in the two years people have been posting on this site, no one has really come up with a better origin story.

So either bite the bullet and write and rewrite it until it comes out acceptably or find some new angle to go at cause things have been at a standstill for a long time now.
    Last edited by TomaO2; July 3rd, 2014 at 12:42 AM.

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There are plenty of better templates for a Nasu x Nanoha crossover. You don't need to establish a background within story for it to work. Hell, doing it within the first two seasons of Nanoha isn't even a necessity. The TSAB is such a fun template for shenanigans. The main problem with thinking of a Crossover is thinking that you need to use the Aces. We've got plenty of fun characters to use.

Remember both the Nanoha and Nasu verse are pretty damn fleshed out. Mostly through spin offs, remakes, and tons of extra stuff, but they've got plenty to work with. Heck, just the idea of Lost Logia are full of potential. Tsukihime could easily work with a Lost Logia as a McGuffin for the TSAB (Remember doesn't need to be the Aces) to meet and cause misunderstandings. We know there are mages from Earth other than Nanoha or at least one, so it wouldn't be that far of a stretch to have Graham cross Kiritsugu, even if its while undercover. One going to off a dangerous mage, another going after a Lost Logia on Earth.

You could have this cool parallel story of both of them inadvertently interfering with each other. Even better, you could still completely hide Magecraft from Graham because Kiritsugu uses so much mundane tech.

Just... guys. Don't be restrained by the whole, Shirou grows up in Uminari or Shirou with the Knights ideas. There are plenty of other good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by TomaO2 View Post

These are the stories. While possible to start out with everyone as an adult you lose out on a ton of background. No one has come up with better ideas then the templates LD and FNS have come up with.

I think you have to resign yourself to the fact that you are pretty much condemned to doing a remake of one of these unfinished stories, if you are serious about making this cross work. Without the basic story, you don't really want to continue on to the strikers area. You could also do something weird like following along that Ilya centric magical girl story, or perhaps having an adult Shirou meet Nanoha early on but in the two years people have been posting on this site, no one has really come up with a better origin story.

So either bite the bullet and write and rewrite it until it comes out acceptably or find some new angle to go at cause things have been at a standstill for a long time now.
    My ideas don't count? I only follow LD template when it comes to gags but the more serious ones I don'y use LD and FNS at all.

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    The aces are literally the least exciting or interesting parts of the stories here.

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    The aces are literally the least exciting or interesting parts of the stories here.
    I have to agree with you on this half anyway depending on how important their role is to the story.

"Breeding Project", I feel, is a bad name.
    ...that's ironically the point. It's supposed to be a bad name for Vita's bad idea. Hell, the whole point of them was to watch Vita crash and burn later on with her 'perfect' canidates that she found at the end of the second one.

Unless it involves Fate, devourer of Shirou, of course.

FATE, devourer of Shirous was great.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Archer Cats, Assemble! FateScarlet's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    PM for code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    I second this.
    IGN: Fate
    Last updated: January 30, 2017.
    Supports

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroslayer View Post
    There are plenty of better templates for a Nasu x Nanoha crossover. You don't need to establish a background within story for it to work. Hell, doing it within the first two seasons of Nanoha isn't even a necessity. The TSAB is such a fun template for shenanigans. The main problem with thinking of a Crossover is thinking that you need to use the Aces. We've got plenty of fun characters to use.

Remember both the Nanoha and Nasu verse are pretty damn fleshed out. Mostly through spin offs, remakes, and tons of extra stuff, but they've got plenty to work with. Heck, just the idea of Lost Logia are full of potential. Tsukihime could easily work with a Lost Logia as a McGuffin for the TSAB (Remember doesn't need to be the Aces) to meet and cause misunderstandings. We know there are mages from Earth other than Nanoha or at least one, so it wouldn't be that far of a stretch to have Graham cross Kiritsugu, even if its while undercover. One going to off a dangerous mage, another going after a Lost Logia on Earth.

You could have this cool parallel story of both of them inadvertently interfering with each other. Even better, you could still completely hide Magecraft from Graham because Kiritsugu uses so much mundane tech.

Just... guys. Don't be restrained by the whole, Shirou grows up in Uminari or Shirou with the Knights ideas. There are plenty of other good ones.
    In a distant past Claus G.S. Ingvalt watched helplessly as Olivie Sägebrecht was twisted into a near-unstoppable monster called ROA. Although he eventually managed to put his former friend out of her misery his despair grew as he learned that the dark will which had twisted Olivie had merely moved on, destined to reincarnate untill the end of time. Fueled by both grief and anger the Prince of Shutra swears that he and his descendants will haunt this abomination until the end of time...

In the present day a girl named Einhart Stratos arrives at unadministrated world 97, pulled along by memories of a dark past. And deep within her castle a princess awakes, prepared to once more join the hunt.

Illya is best servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    Vita is the best, yes.
    Though I feel we haven't had enough GaoGaiGar-tan. :V
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Before ViViD, Subaru was the closest thing to fanon!Hayate in the canon setting.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Carpe_Noctem's Avatar
    I still remember the Vajra snips that Iron and Santo did back in the day............ and I realize that a small part of me is still hoping for more.........
    Spoiler:
    I am the bone of my bullet
    Severing is my body and binding is my blood
    I have created bullets from my ashes
    Unknown to mercy
    nor known to hope
    I have stopped even time to win my battles
    yet, these hands will never save anyone
    And so, as I pray
    Innate Time Control

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_Noctem View Post
    I still remember the Vajra snips that Iron and Santo did back in the day............ and I realize that a small part of me is still hoping for more.........
    I actually would enjoy a full legitimate Vajra fic more than anything else discussed so far.

Probably. Night/Sky is pretty tempting still.....

Archer Cats, Assemble! FateScarlet's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    PM for code
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_Noctem View Post
    A BIG part of me is still hoping for more...after all, it's full of flufiness! (Santo's strong point)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    I actually would enjoy a full legitimate Vajra fic more than anything else discussed so far.

Probably. Night/Sky is pretty tempting still.....
    I dunno about that... I would put it around the same amount as Night/Sky and LD...
    IGN: Fate
    Last updated: January 30, 2017.
    Supports

To be fair, Vajra isn't just about fluff. To be even more fair, Santo's snippets of Vajra are the main source of fluffiness in that story.

Spoiler:
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Megaolix's Avatar
    Bit late to say this, but I found F/NS goddamn great for the character interactions. Especially the little things, like Shirou taking care of Signum's hair. Of course, we all knew I clusterfuck was incoming with the start of the Holy Grail War and Chrono taking over the investigation of the Book of Darkness and I still wonder how it would go.

Then there are the bits between Shirou and Reinforce and I still want that Big Damn Hero moemnt for Shirou to save Reinforce. Hell, I feel like writing an omake with the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Vita is the best, yes.
    Though I feel we haven't had enough GaoGaiGar-tan. :V
    How would you like her to appear in future snippets?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    You didn't burn out on Lyrical Days until I left, after all. So the answer is obvious, you just need someone there to bounce ideas off of to keep it fresh.

That and someone to crack the whip.
    does this mean that I can start blaming you if people ask why i'm not updating Lyrical day? SWEET!

*procrastinates like a BOSS*

Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    It is said that one unfortunate fool once told Fate to to put a leash on her 'possessive' side after having witnessed several incidents. Fate being FATE, she took it rather literally.

Illya is best servant

Quote Originally Posted by fraggle View Post
    does this mean that I can start blaming you if people ask why i'm not updating Lyrical day? SWEET!

*procrastinates like a BOSS*
    I'm afraid that would only work with Lyrical. Night Sky is another thing.

It is said that one unfortunate fool once told Fate to to put a leash on her 'possessive' side after having witnessed several incidents. Fate being FATE, she took it rather literally.
    So... that's why EMIYA has so many straps? Interesting...

Spoiler: