Page 395 of 395 FirstFirst ... 295345385390393394395
Results 7,881 to 7,891 of 7891

Thread: Infinite Library of Swords: A Lyrical Nanoha x Nasuverse drabble thread

  1. #7881
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by shounen jump View Post
    Now i am eating my words.
    Also, seeing as how there's two parts to this already, is there any more?
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post1166605

    Knock yourself out.

  2. #7882
    The Rookie Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the clouds
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,258
    You know with how Shirou was thrust into this crossover and been given some rough access to the Nanoha magic system via some means in these snippets, what device do you think he'd use?
    Due to the resemblance they have to the back of Archer's hands, and the fact they wouldn't get in the way of tracing weapons I figured he'd have something similar to Kerykeion.
    It's demonstrated to boost devices/objects in canon so giving him a boost device to supplement his style would be fun choice I think.
    I remember Fraggle had a plan for Fate Night Sky Shirou to have twin blades, and I remember Lyrical Days Shirou was planned to have a sealing device of some kind (that I'm not sure the functionality of beyond the sealing) due to the jewel seed.
    Nasu Knowledge:
    Saw all KnK movies.
    Played all of Fate/Stay Night, most of hollow Ataraxia, read Fate/ Zero, Prisma Illya (read and watched).
    Read Tsukihime manga, Melty Blood Manga, Melty Blood 2 manga and Melty blood X.
    Spoiler:



    What Fate/Stay Night character are you?



    Saber


    You are Saber. You are strong and determined. You fight for justice and honor, and protect those around you. Selfless in every way, you would put yourself at risk to save others. You are a knight; the sword and shield of your allies.



  3. #7883
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    You know with how Shirou was thrust into this crossover and been given some rough access to the Nanoha magic system via some means in these snippets, what device do you think he'd use?
    Due to the resemblance they have to the back of Archer's hands, and the fact they wouldn't get in the way of tracing weapons I figured he'd have something similar to Kerykeion.
    It's demonstrated to boost devices/objects in canon so giving him a boost device to supplement his style would be fun choice I think.
    I remember Fraggle had a plan for Fate Night Sky Shirou to have twin blades, and I remember Lyrical Days Shirou was planned to have a sealing device of some kind (that I'm not sure the functionality of beyond the sealing) due to the jewel seed.
    I see your point with Kery. Shirou already makes his own blades, so he'd need his hands free, and even with him having access to his Circuits at a young age he'd probably still have some problems with Mana amounts. On the other hand though i think it's both too basic plus a lot of unneeded add ons.
    Something with support geared towards Shirou's Circuits(like once i remember someone here had a Device for Shirou that spread the Mana out evenly across his Circuits), plus everything needed to allow Shirou to fight alongside Nanoha&Co, such as Barrier Jacket spells, Flight spells and a AI that could manage such spells.
    Or maybe two Devices, one for helping Shirou with his Circuits and he other with the spells meant for allowing Shirou to fight alongside Nanoha&Co.
    Last edited by shounen jump; February 2nd, 2018 at 02:28 PM.
    For those writers looking for new story ideas visit my account: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6347453/FateOnline. There are dozens of challenges there waiting to be picked up.

  4. #7884
    The Rookie Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the clouds
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by shounen jump View Post
    I see your point with Kery. Shirou already makes his own blades, so he'd need his hands free, and even with him having access to his Circuits at a young age he'd probably still have some problems with Mana amounts. On the other hand though i think it's both too basic plus a lot of unneeded add ons.
    Something with support geared towards Shirou's Circuits(like once i remember someone here had a Device for Shirou that spread the Mana out evenly across his Circuits), plus everything needed to allow Shirou to fight alongside Nanoha&Co, such as Barrier Jacket spells, Flight spells and a AI that could manage such spells.
    Or maybe two Devices, one for helping Shirou with his Circuits and he other with the spells meant for allowing Shirou to fight alongside Nanoha&Co.
    I don't mean a direct 1-to-1 copy of Kerykeion.
    The main two points I'd take from it are a similar physical design and the ability to help with Boost magic.
    While Summoning can be used for inorganic items (such as Caro's chains) that isn't something that I was thinking of translating over to Shirou's hypothetical device.
    I'm pretty sure Caro had a barrier jacket but I see your point on the need for a more advanced AI and Flight spells.

    Though at this point with the fact that he needs a device that can do all of that at once suggests the best choice for him would be a unison device (if it worked for him) at least.
    Nasu Knowledge:
    Saw all KnK movies.
    Played all of Fate/Stay Night, most of hollow Ataraxia, read Fate/ Zero, Prisma Illya (read and watched).
    Read Tsukihime manga, Melty Blood Manga, Melty Blood 2 manga and Melty blood X.
    Spoiler:



    What Fate/Stay Night character are you?



    Saber


    You are Saber. You are strong and determined. You fight for justice and honor, and protect those around you. Selfless in every way, you would put yourself at risk to save others. You are a knight; the sword and shield of your allies.



  5. #7885
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I don't mean a direct 1-to-1 copy of Kerykeion.
    The main two points I'd take from it are a similar physical design and the ability to help with Boost magic.
    While Summoning can be used for inorganic items (such as Caro's chains) that isn't something that I was thinking of translating over to Shirou's hypothetical device.
    I'm pretty sure Caro had a barrier jacket but I see your point on the need for a more advanced AI and Flight spells.

    Though at this point with the fact that he needs a device that can do all of that at once suggests the best choice for him would be a unison device (if it worked for him) at least.
    I know you meant a general Boost Device and not a copy and past Kery. What I meant was that a standard Boost Device is more about supporting everyone including the Mage themselves, more or less. Shirou's should be just about supporting him. Or put another way the parts meant to help a Summoner with Summoning.

    Actually the AI is meant to perform the Jacket and Flight Spells for Shirou. It's been shown a couple times(mainly by Subaru being knocked out and her Device fighting for her) are able of doing everything a Mage can do, even if they are not "programmed" to do so. So one should be able of maintaining a Barrier Jacket and Flight Spells for Shirou. Or the ones like Raising Heart at least should be able to.
    Though given how...different Shirou's magic is it wouldn't be a bad idea to have one Device to help him with Magecraft with the other doing the Jacket/Flight spells, if only to prevent any unforeseen hiccups from happening.
    Last edited by shounen jump; February 3rd, 2018 at 12:33 AM.
    For those writers looking for new story ideas visit my account: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6347453/FateOnline. There are dozens of challenges there waiting to be picked up.

  6. #7886
    The Rookie Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the clouds
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by shounen jump View Post
    snip.
    Okay, I get what you mean.
    I suppose there is the initial question of whether a device is able to link with him at all considering the differences of his magic system to the Nanoha one.

    I suggested a boost device shape since I could see him boosting his traced weapons and possibly ally's as a way to branch out magically but you perefer to set it so he can keep up with the tactics that Nanoha and Fate use for their fights.

    So I suppose you'd prefer if he had a device much like Vivio's?
    Supplementary in nature, not exactly like a unison device but primarily focuses on supplementing him.
    Though that leaves to question what device shape you'd prefer, as you've outlined your prefered function at least.

    I could see arguments for whatever device he has to have a Bow mode if he needs one that is a weapon.
    Nasu Knowledge:
    Saw all KnK movies.
    Played all of Fate/Stay Night, most of hollow Ataraxia, read Fate/ Zero, Prisma Illya (read and watched).
    Read Tsukihime manga, Melty Blood Manga, Melty Blood 2 manga and Melty blood X.
    Spoiler:



    What Fate/Stay Night character are you?



    Saber


    You are Saber. You are strong and determined. You fight for justice and honor, and protect those around you. Selfless in every way, you would put yourself at risk to save others. You are a knight; the sword and shield of your allies.



  7. #7887
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Okay, I get what you mean.
    I suppose there is the initial question of whether a device is able to link with him at all considering the differences of his magic system to the Nanoha one.

    I suggested a boost device shape since I could see him boosting his traced weapons and possibly ally's as a way to branch out magically but you perefer to set it so he can keep up with the tactics that Nanoha and Fate use for their fights.

    So I suppose you'd prefer if he had a device much like Vivio's?
    Supplementary in nature, not exactly like a unison device but primarily focuses on supplementing him.
    Though that leaves to question what device shape you'd prefer, as you've outlined your preferred function at least.

    I could see arguments for whatever device he has to have a Bow mode if he needs one that is a weapon.
    Well a Device links up with Mages mind so that's probably not an issue. And FGO uses what amount to MagiTech(or whatever the slang is) so there's no reason he can't have one to aid him with his Magecraft, though it probably take them a long while to make. So all in all its not like it's unfounded or unreasonable for him to get one that actually does help him.
    On the other hand Shirou is pretty much relying on his RM for everything. Even assuming they can make something to help him actually perform Magecraft all Shirou is doing is using Projection to pull stuff out of UBW. And i can't help but doubt they won't be able of dong anything with that, at least that doesn't involve just giving Shirou better Mana/Od/Whatever so UBW lasts longer.

    That does sound good. The shape doesn't really matter since he'll be merging with it so, unlike with a Boost Device which is worn on the hands and needs to look cool, his just needs it to be something inconspicuous when he isn't merged with it.
    Last edited by shounen jump; February 4th, 2018 at 07:11 PM.
    For those writers looking for new story ideas visit my account: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6347453/FateOnline. There are dozens of challenges there waiting to be picked up.

  8. #7888
    Got bored of the four weapons so I threw them away. bhl88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    323
    Won't the Strike Cannon/Fortress be one of those that works regardless of who uses it?

  9. #7889
    Quote Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
    Won't the Strike Cannon/Fortress be one of those that works regardless of who uses it?
    ... ... ...I'm not sure. If I remember right Nanoha had Raising Heart modify the type of shot but other then that they were basically regular guns in that they have their own battery, so doesn't need power from a mage, and only needs the trigger to be pulled to be shot. Or at least the canon itself. The shields that make up Fortress on the other hand seem to be used like a Device(controlled with ones mind) as they don't have any kind of trigger that activates them and can fly around on their own without any physical commands from Nanoha.
    For those writers looking for new story ideas visit my account: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6347453/FateOnline. There are dozens of challenges there waiting to be picked up.

  10. #7890
    Got bored of the four weapons so I threw them away. bhl88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by shounen jump View Post
    ... ... ...I'm not sure. If I remember right Nanoha had Raising Heart modify the type of shot but other then that they were basically regular guns in that they have their own battery, so doesn't need power from a mage, and only needs the trigger to be pulled to be shot. Or at least the canon itself. The shields that make up Fortress on the other hand seem to be used like a Device(controlled with ones mind) as they don't have any kind of trigger that activates them and can fly around on their own without any physical commands from Nanoha.
    Oh I thought they were standalone, mass-produced xD

  11. #7891
    Quote Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
    Oh I thought they were standalone, mass-produced xD
    They are.
    Unfortunately they don't really go into detail into how they operate other then they convert Mana into some kind of kinetic-based attack and what we can infer from what we see(like the shield unites moving around on their own can only be possible if they have a really good AI or they are linked to a Mage in some way).
    Meaning i could be wrong with everything i said in my last post or i could be on the money.
    For those writers looking for new story ideas visit my account: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6347453/FateOnline. There are dozens of challenges there waiting to be picked up.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •