Page 366 of 397 FirstFirst ... 266316356361364365366367368371376 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,320 of 7929

Thread: Infinite Library of Swords: A Lyrical Nanoha x Nasuverse drabble thread

Projecting your dislike of Shinji in the snippet felt like a bit much.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomos View Post
    Projecting your dislike of Shinji in the snippet felt like a bit much.
    Errr, that might be true but I think it's mostly because that's how I interpret his character. In canon, Shirou became friends with Shinji first before meeting Sakura so their relationship might've been better but in my fic, that didn't happen so they're more hostile with each other.

BTW, I don't hate Shinji that much. I've read some fics where he was still an asshole but more likable. Kariya's Legacy for instance. I even debated having a scene where Sakura saves Shinji's life from a car accident to improve their relationship but thought better of it since it was too random.

US Friend Code
    The grail war was already going to be different due to Illya's absence. Would've been interesting if Sakura's and Shinji's roles changed a bit, both in the war and in terms of their relationship. You could have them showcase Shirou's (possibly failed) attempt to befriend people like Nanoha did with him.
    This is how you smalltext
    [ RUBY=small text] Normal text [/RUBY]

JP Friend Code
    Reading through a bit of the stuff here made me realize a few parallels with the Nanoha Cast's and Shirou/CG EMIYA's dilemmas.

Both Nanoha and Shirou have an issue of being alone during their time, however, Shirou never garnered the strength to rectify the issue.

Both Fate and Shirou alone chase an essentially impossible or misunderstood dream to gain their respective parent's smile in one way or another, however, Shirou never had anybody come to pull him out of it.

Both the Wolkenritter and EMIYA are bound to always serve to kill again and again in their respective hells, however, EMIYA can never be saved and removed from his binds.

Both Chrono and Shirou never cried at their father's deaths and devoted their lives afterwards to them, however, Shirou was left alone after Kiritsugu's death and is still bound by what his father left behind.

Shirou is a good chunk of the Nanoha cast's issues compounded into one person.

This took waaaayyy~ longer than I thought. Other than a writer's block, RL has been keeping me busy with two part-time jobs. Anyway, have fun reading. I hope.

***Snippet Start: Part 5****

"Thank you for everything, Senpai. Goodbye."

The last words of one of the most precious people in his life before she tried to commit suicide. Although he didn't want to admit it, death would've been a salvation for Sakura compared to what happened to her after that.

What had started it all that had led to her kouhai's tragedy was what Kiritsugu had tried to prevent from happening again by interfering with the land's leylines.

The event that had robbed him of his earlier memories and made him an orphan.

A ritual that summons heroes from legends long past and forces magi that participate to kill each other.

The Fifith Holy Grail War.

He knew of the Holy Grail War from Kiritsugu's journal but he had stumbled upon the ritual by complete accident. After all, he never expected the event to ever happen again after the last one ten years ago. So it was completely normal for him to start patrolling the streets of Fuyuki at night looking for a serial killer that was reported in the news without expecting any supernatural happenings.

He should've known better but the half a decade he spent in peace had dulled his judgement since his daily training focuses on his physical and magical abilities and doesn't include any combat experience.

Which was why he ended up having his spleen shattered even after Reinforcing his body when trying to save Homurahara's school idol, Tohsaka Rin.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

On the third night of his patrol, he had stumbled upon a battle at the Fuyuki Central Park. There were several women in strange maid like clothing (which he would later find out to be Einzbern homunculi) who were attacking Rin. They wielded all kinds of weapons like broadswords, giant axes, spears and even morning stars. Seeing such a spectacle, he had tried to save his schoolmate and although he was successful in doing so, he himself almost died from the ordeal. Not to mention that the only thing he managed to do was to buy some time for Rin's Servant, Archer, to arrive and slaughter the attackers.

If it wasn't because Rin felt indebted to him enough to heal him, his soul would already be recycled by Akasha to be reborn anew by then.

After some lengthy negotiations with Rin that took all night, he managed to form an alliance with her. In exchange for helping her end the War since the truth about the ritual was known, Rin would help him stop anymore innocent people from becoming the War's casualty. Rin would also be given full access to Kiritsugu's notes and journals pertaining to the Emiya magecraft and all the information he had on the Holy Grail Wars.

As he wasn't exactly a proper magus, he didn't really mind though Rin was flabbergasted at first with how easy for him to agree with her conditions which would make a normal magus outright reject her. Apparently, she was even prepared to brainwash him with logical reasoning like the importance of their survival and such.

That whole night had effectively crushed the image he had of Rin being a perfect model student.

Still, he was glad to have her on his side. After that, Rin had helped him with his Servant summoning when they discovered that he was a Master. Initially, Rin had suggested to hide the fact about the War being a bogus hope for Servants to have their wish granted from his would be Servant so that they could easily get their cooperation but he strongly objected.

He refused to deceive someone who was going to be his partner. Rin only sighed at his naivety but in the end she relented. Even she didn't want to resort to such a thing despite being the one that suggested it. Thus, they decided to hope for the best that his summoned Servant would be willing to help them regardless of the promised prize's absence.

Using Avalon as the catalyst, the result of the summoning was that he successfully became the Master of Saber, The Once and Future King of Britain, Arturia Pendragon.

Kiritsugu's diaries and journals didn't have much detail on the King of Knight's character but what Kiritsugu did mention was enough for him to know that Saber valued honor and dignity. Thus, he didn't mince his words or made excuses and honestly and sincerely asked for her help the moment she appeared in front of him.

It proved effective as she was willing to hear him out.

In the end, although Saber despaired, she was also enraged after finding out the truth of the Heaven's Feel ritual. She didn't need much convincing and was all too willing to help them end the War due to her own sense of justice.

Afterwards, they discussed about the viability of getting the cooperation of other Masters as well. The chances were slim but they all agreed to at least give it a try rather than marking them as enemies from the very beginning.

He went home just before dawn with Saber in tow. Explaining Saber's presence was quite simple as he said she was a friend from Uminari. Thanks to that, Taiga didn't bother Saber more than necessary as she recalled what happened the last time she pestered his friends. Sakura just accepted Saber without much fuss. What he didn't expect was Rin moving into his home later that day. He couldn't find any reason to refuse her since it was strategically sound to have his allies nearby during such a dangerous period.

This was especially true since he couldn't get in touch with Nanoha, Fate, Hayate and her knights or any of his friends in the TSAB since they seem to be on another important mission at the moment though he didn't know any of the details. He hadn't told Rin about them yet though. He wasn't exactly sure what her reaction would be if she found out that he was friends with mages that could be described as inter-dimensional police. He decided that he would tell Rin once he's able to contact them. Better to have reinforcements in these situations.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

In the end, he was never able to get in touch with Nanoha and the rest of his friends in the TSAB.

The Fifth Holy Grail War had lasted for roughly only two weeks but he could honestly say that it was the most gruesome two weeks of his life.

Within just a few days after his alliance with Rin, the school was turned into a hellhole when Shinji, who became Rider's Master, had decided to sacrifice the whole school for his sick pleasure. Shinji had made him watch as he ordered Rider to activate her Noble Phantasm, Bloodfort Andromeda. He had laughed like a maniac as he watched people who had scorned him fell one by one.

All because Shinji wanted to mock his dream to become a hero which was known to almost everyone in the school. Shinji didn't even care about the Holy Grail being corrupted and just wanted revenge on him. He had even found out that Shinji was the serial killer he was initially been looking for who was reported in the news.

By the time Archer was able to defeat Rider, almost half the people in the school had fallen into a coma. Saber and Rin wasn't able to join the fray as well because the Einzberns had also decided to obstruct them at the same exact same day. Saber was forced to fight against the Servant Berserker, Mordred, The Knight of Treachery, during the whole ordeal while Rin had to fend for herself as she was again targeted by the Einzbern's homonculi.

He was forced into a battle to the death with Shinji, who somehow gained control over deadly insects while he himself looked like he was on death's door, and won as he was finally able to decapitate Shinji around the same time Archer had defeated Rider.

With Shinji and Rider gone, the Einzberns had decided to withdraw. They were busy during rest of the day as it was filled with rescue operations as he, Rin, Saber and Archer helped as many people as they could after contacting the the hospitals and clinics around Fuyuki.

A silver lining from the event was that they had somehow gained a potential ally who had been watching everything that happened from the sidelines.

Servant Caster, Medea, The Witch of Betrayal.

She had been watching when he had revealed to Shinji the true nature of the Holy Grail which was what prompted her to decide to ally with them for the duration of the War. Although Rin was reluctant to join forces with Caster who was the perpetrator for the strings of comas reported as gas leaks in the city, she relented seeing that Caster held back from outright killing or causing any permanent damage to her victims.

Thus, they managed to form a (shaky) alliance with Caster and her Master, Kuzuki Souichirou, their school teacher.

****End of snippet: Part 5****

Well, that's it for now. The next one's going to be late too. Sorry.

Will Assassin be the same or will it be True?

Quote Originally Posted by Base View Post
    Will Assassin be the same or will it be True?
    Both.

You mean...

You mean...
    Recall how True showed up.

Damn, Fake is my favourite character, hang on if Rider's dead...

US Friend Code
    I hope Lancer gets a cool bro moment in this route...

I mean, there's no way for him to survive, but at least if he can go out like a badass or something....

JP Friend Code
    Funny how this was suppose to be 3 or so snippets.
    Oh well, I won't complain. I am enjoying the ride.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggle View Post
    Ah yes, the rumored "family of steel" route from the Vajra series. We have dismissed that claim.
    Heh.

I want more 17/18-year old Shirou x Signum or Shirou x Fate. Or possibly Shirou x Signum x Fate.

Why was Mordred not summoned as Saber, she was summoned before the Grail War started.

Why was Mordred not summoned as Saber, she was summoned before the Grail War started.
    If you're asking something like that than why didn't Heracles get summoned as a Saber or Archer in canon? You don't really have to think too hard about these things.

The Warrior of the Shadows kinlyki's Avatar
    Wasn't Heracles purposely summoned as Berserker? Mordred was a homunculus knight, not a demigod with enormous strength. I don't see why the Einzberns would summon Mordred as Berserker rather than Saber.
    With each day, one draws closer to death,

With each day, one expends more of one's life,

With each day, one obtains more memories,

With each day, one gets closer to losing them all.

Quote Originally Posted by kinlyki View Post
    Wasn't Heracles purposely summoned as Berserker? Mordred was a homunculus knight, not a demigod with enormous strength. I don't see why the Einzberns would summon Mordred as Berserker rather than Saber.
    Errr.....okay. How about this? The Einzberns wanted a tool instead of a noble knight? They used part of the Round Table as a catalyst so they wouldn't know which of the members would be summoned.

Is this a good enough reason? Please don't tell me I'd have to change the Servant roster now.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Well frankly having a mad Berserker, like say Heracles, is much better as a mindless tool completely under their control. Summoning Mordred means the possibility she may not follow their orders.

US Friend Code
    blabla tactical reasons bla bla meshes better with the master.

Although I think Mordred might make more sense if Illya were still a master. For thematic reasons or something. If you can argue that with her master in this story it still works tho.

JP Friend Code
    Not like it really matters in the long run. The whole thing is from Shirou's perspective. How would he know?