Page 300 of 397 FirstFirst ... 200250290295298299300301302305310350 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 6,000 of 7929

Thread: Infinite Library of Swords: A Lyrical Nanoha x Nasuverse drabble thread

The Arms fair is from Fate Orussia.

Tiida? Oh yeah I remember one time I discussed that with a forumite back in FF.net. well we'll see. So far, I'm really enjoying writing The Arms Fair event.

Oh, and just to bring up to speed Fate/Orussia was my attempt last year to introduce an older Emiya Shirou trying to perfect his UBW (which takes 20 years to do) so even in this Arms fair scene he's older than what other fanfics depict him. He's not young but he's not ancient yet.

Tiida is pretty much Waver armed with guns XD He and Shirou is parallel to master and servant from the war XD

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchRegis View Post
    There are too many goddamn snippets to find it. But, I did find this one snippet from Fraggle that merged FSN/Prism Illya/Nanoha: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...l=1#post450092

What ever happened to that idea? Was it just dropped for lack of interest?
    I wrote several snippets of that idea, most of it crack and humor. But yes, mostly dropped.

Fate/Orussia Snippet: Touchdown on Orussia

We did it!

Three words to describe what could have been mankind's greatest achievement of all time. Months ago, a space shuttle was launched from planet earth with a single astronaut on board sleeping his way through the entire trip without interference.

"Unidentified Spacecraft! please respond! Unidentified spacecraft please respond!" The space shuttle's comm system was blaring from a signal the computer barely recognized with its current technology.

Nevertheless, the inventor responsible for the space shuttle brought the astronaut far into Dimensional space undetected by TSAB and there is no reason why the space shuttle will be hindered the moment it reached Orussian's space.

Speaking of the astronaut, he is still in stasis inside his sleeping chamber unaware of what's going on.

Scene Break

"That's it." The same officer who tried to contact the earth made space craft slammed down the communication device back in its place. " Shoot it down!" He ordered; a logical decision considering that the unknown space travelling object is reaching Orussia.

"Denied." His aide refuted.

"What? You can't be serious!" The officer looked at his aide in disbelief.

"Unknown spacecraft's estimate landing is in the desert sir." An officer informed.

"Do I look like I care if it crashes into the ocean!?" He snapped the person informing him of the latest update pertaining the situation.

"Scaglietti called just now. Saying it's a shipment belonged to him."

"Damn." The officer cursed. The name Scaglietti hold weight even in his workplace especially when an arms dealer is a good friend of his superior officers. In other words, he doesn't like it all when other people interfered wit his job to make sure the people of Orussia are safe.

Scene Break

"So he's finally here......" A certain man dressed in Kevlar like outfit watched the space shuttle landing with interest. " Quattro you told me he'll be landing in the desert?" He asked his daughter. Being an arms dealer in a war torn country doesn't mean that he'll be wearing a lab coat all the time because the best tip one can get to survive in Orussia is knowing how to defend yourself from enemies.

"Of course but won't the shuttle and the astronaut die the moment they reach ground?" A pig-tailed combat cyborg answered. Her IS showed her the schematics of the arriving space shuttle above the clouds of Orussia and is the trajectory landing. "Dr. why did you order the army not to shoot it down?"

" Knowing the old man he would made a fool-proof plan to counter that. I wouldn't worry too much about it." the doctor answered. "and Quattro sweetie-" he doted on his daughter. " -Daddy wants to know what kind of person he's sending to me." He added. "whatever he does-

Scene Break

"-Don't do anything stupid!" A far cry from Uno Scagelietti's usual monotonous tone as her public display; a worrisome and caring combat cyborg Shirou knew back on earth greeted him back the moment he woke up from stasis. "I'm not there to tell you what not to do and you're completely on your own!"

The combat cyborg herself in question appeared before him as a hologram. Just like her previous job of being his aide while working for her father, she chastised him for all its worth; a feat only a woman can perform.

" Whatever you say Uno....." Shirou dismissed the hologram. Despite being in his 30s, Shirou is still being nagged like a little kid caught stealing a biscuit from its jar. Humorously, the white hair he sported indicated the amount of stress he suffered for years but sadly the truth is further than a consequence of facing a woman's wrath.

Dressed in blue armor, Shirou reluctantly agreed that the attire fitted him along with its capabilities to defend himself in combat. It;s also special in a sense that it was forged by two certain people in his life that wanted him to be employed as a knight. Just to be sure, he brought along the clothing of the same man he loathed back in the grail war.

The holographic Uno sighed. " For some reason, I can imagine you're trying to play hero anyway....." Something in her voice made Shirou hesitate for a moment. It was the same tone she used back on earth when they were working together as a team. "What am I going to do with you....." It's as if she is inside the shuttle with him in person that her eyes had that sad look Shirou saw back home.

It affected the magus that he wanted to reply to a recorded holographic footage; to comfort the woman from his previous life on earth.

"Never mind, Knowing you you'll probably bulldoze your way through like always...." The combat cyborg quickly changed the mood of the situation. Considering that she is her father's robot she expressed more emotions than most people Shirou knew.

That comforted the magus. He left behind Uno back on earth and yet she has never failed to ensure him that she is a strong woman metal heart or not.

"Still, I implore you to be careful." Uno warned. "You're in a dangerous world now. My father's records of Orussia is scarce and I can only make due with what I have. Don't get involved with too many conflicts at once." Her hologram displayed her IS; showing him a screen telling him that information regarding Orussia is lost.

"I know Uno...." Shirou replied; feeling a bit annoyed over her nagging. Immediately he found the button to open the entrance. For a

"One more thing before I go." Uno looked away slightly; her face marred with the color red and her ears would have released steam from her processor. She even bit her lip for emphasis. "Whatever happens, please come back to me."

"I know Uno." Shirou repeated; his tone softened.

"Come back to me my hero."

This caught the magus off-guard.

"Uno you-"

The holographic recording stopped.

Shirou sighed; knowing that she had the last word in the end. True to her usual misconduct back in the early days, she left him hanging.

Without a word, the magus made his way outside. The combat cyborg informed him that the air in Orussia is almost identical to earth so he wouldn't need a spacesuit to walk around. Much to his surprise, the gravity level is lower than on earth as he nearly made a long jump into the air by mistake.

The desert night comforted him for some reason as he gazed upon the silver moon in the sky.

Apart from the abandoned ship, the only indication left behind by the magus are his footprints soon to vanish by the cold desert wind in the night.

His journey into a brand new world is starting.

AN:

Writing Fate/Orussia requires Shirou to be on that world from chapter 1 with him experiencing Vietnam war-esque flashbacks during his time on earth.

Nevertheless, tell me what you think.
    Last edited by shikyo21; August 1st, 2014 at 08:02 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Shirou's heroic tendencies even caught the heart of a combat cyborg.

Typical.

Great snippet though. I still wonder if Shirou's going to become the antagonist against the Three Aces since he's working with Scaglietti of all people.

Last year when I first tried Fate/Orussia, they first met by Uno wanting to fill his body with bullets......imagine her pointing a gun at him.

Uploaded The Clone Chronicles back at FF.net, it feels like a B-movie but hey I'm a huge fan of Clone Shirou and I think I interpreted his existence in Nanoha canon nicely. tell me what you think though it's still the same scene I posted here with additional scenes I added.
    Last edited by shikyo21; August 3rd, 2014 at 04:40 PM.

Blog Entries
    I am in the process of rebooting Vajra partly because the muse has struck me and partly because I was getting really, really sick of dealing with a grown up Nanocast and trying to make things work. Vajra is currently the one idea that isn't turning me off out of all the stuff I have written or scratched out. Even Dark Souls Nanoha was sounding like a pain in the ass to even think of continuing.

So... question.

I have a general idea of what I want. But is there anything that you all would like to see or think might be a good addition? Something to cover or touch on with the idea of Shirou raising Fate?

P.S. I'm not dead.
    The Art of Shipping is as profound as it is dangerous; not for the faint of heart nor the weak of will, it makes gods and devils out of us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
    I am in the process of rebooting Vajra partly because the muse has struck me and partly because I was getting really, really sick of dealing with a grown up Nanocast and trying to make things work. Vajra is currently the one idea that isn't turning me off out of all the stuff I have written or scratched out. Even Dark Souls Nanoha was sounding like a pain in the ass to even think of continuing.

So... question.

I have a general idea of what I want. But is there anything that you all would like to see or think might be a good addition? Something to cover or touch on with the idea of Shirou raising Fate?

P.S. I'm not dead.
    Awesome! Best news I've heard all week.

How about, maybe trips (not necessarily chaotic adventure ones filled with action) to various places, to let Fate see more of the world in a peaceful (or not quite, perhaps) setting?

So... question.

P.S. I'm not dead.
    1) Shirou is not the perfect father.

I'm not saying his negligent but raising a child on your own while wanting to be an ally of justice well there's bound to be sacrifices and I don't mean people's lives I mean how his job affects Fate.

Not to mention, when it comes to fathers Shirou is as bad as Fate is because he doesn't have that much exposure.

Hell, I would like to see a HF like scenario where he chooses to save everybody or his step-daughter.

2) How powerful is Shirou.

When writing a Nanoha crossover I am particular about his age because it indicates his power level. An older Shirou means more experience and more weapons he spotted compared to his younger version.

3) Age

Shirou as a father would be more impactful if he's portrayed as older like in his 30s/40s/50s. Doesn't feel right he's early 20s and his step daughter is 9 that's more like brother and sister.
    Last edited by shikyo21; August 4th, 2014 at 01:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EVA-Saiyajin View Post
    Awesome! Best news I've heard all week.

How about, maybe trips (not necessarily chaotic adventure ones filled with action) to various places, to let Fate see more of the world in a peaceful (or not quite, perhaps) setting?
    Trips I think I could definitely do. Especially with Britain considering Rin and the Clock Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by shikyo21 View Post
    1) Shirou is not the perfect father.

I'm not saying his negligent but raising a child on your own while wanting to be an ally of justice well there's bound to be sacrifices and I don't mean people's lives I mean how his job affects Fate.

Not to mention, when it comes to fathers Shirou is as bad as Fate is because he doesn't have that much exposure.

Hell, I would like to see a HF like scenario where he chooses to save everybody or his step-daughter.
    I won't be going HF level, but you do bring up a good point. If I don't show Shirou's faults then he's really going to look boring. Plus, there's no such thing as a perfect parent. Especially someone raised by Kerry of all people...

2) How powerful is Shirou.

When writing a Nanoha crossover I am particular about his age because it indicates his power level. An older Shirou means more experience and more weapons he spotted compared to his younger version.
    Hard to guage, especially considering the incompatibility between Nanoha and FSN power levels. But he's hardly a slouch and given this is an UBW Shirou with some years on him. (Really, he's my favorite and has the most options available for storytelling) he's going to have a good arsenal at his disposal.

3) Age

Shirou as a father would be more impactful if he's portrayed as older like in his 30s/40s/50s. Doesn't feel right he's early 20s and his step daughter is 9 that's more like brother and sister.
    Right now he's mid-30's to early 40's. I'm having a hard time deciding. The older he gets the harder it is to use Rin and the younger he is, the more he falls into that issue you are pointing out. Though I could bypass the Rin issue and give Fate a long distance mother...
    The Art of Shipping is as profound as it is dangerous; not for the faint of heart nor the weak of will, it makes gods and devils out of us all.

Just asking, how does Shirou meets the Nanoha cast in this reboot?

Trips I think I could definitely do. Especially with Britain considering Rin and the Clock Tower.

I won't be going HF level, but you do bring up a good point. If I don't show Shirou's faults then he's really going to look boring. Plus, there's no such thing as a perfect parent. Especially someone raised by Kerry of all people...

Hard to guage, especially considering the incompatibility between Nanoha and FSN power levels. But he's hardly a slouch and given this is an UBW Shirou with some years on him. (Really, he's my favorite and has the most options available for storytelling) he's going to have a good arsenal at his disposal.

Right now he's mid-30's to early 40's. I'm having a hard time deciding. The older he gets the harder it is to use Rin and the younger he is, the more he falls into that issue you are pointing out. Though I could bypass the Rin issue and give Fate a long distance mother...
    Why not just use both Rin & Saber (Good!UBW) or Sakura (True!HF) to become Fate's mother figure? Hell, if you end up using an AU route I'd like to see if you can portray a motherly Illya (of course you have to find a way to cure her first).

I have to agree with fsnfan on this one use an AU route at least Shirou won't be tied up to any heroines from canon. at least it focuses on the father and daughter relationship between Shirou and Fate.

Heck maybe fate secretly ships Shirou with a woman from Nanoha cast because she thinks Shirou could use a wife and she needs a mother.............

Blog Entries
    Just asking, how does Shirou meets the Nanoha cast in this reboot?
    At the moment it's something kind of simple as being in the wrong place for the right reason. He was investigating a Dead Apostle lead and wound up getting sucked into the tail end of the Jewel Seed Incident. As crappy a magus as he is, he's not so oblivious as to miss a giant time-space distortion right in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by fsnfan View Post
    Why not just use both Rin & Saber (Good!UBW) or Sakura (True!HF) to become Fate's mother figure? Hell, if you end up using an AU route I'd like to see if you can portray a motherly Illya (of course you have to find a way to cure her first).
    Using both Rin and Saber might be a good idea, but I am concerned about adding too many characters. Plus if I add Saber, then I need to address the question of why there aren't any munchkins running around at this age. I have a passable reason if it is just Rin though.

Illya... could be hilarious and awesome. And I might be able to do that. It'll just take longer and require major tweaking of UBW.

Sakura I could do one of two things at this point. One, have her married off to a reformed Shinji. Two, have her be the sacrifice for the Grail in place of Illya because Gil is really good at improvising.

I have to agree with fsnfan on this one use an AU route at least Shirou won't be tied up to any heroines from canon. at least it focuses on the father and daughter relationship between Shirou and Fate.

Heck maybe fate secretly ships Shirou with a woman from Nanoha cast because she thinks Shirou could use a wife and she needs a mother.............
    I'm... really trying to avoid Shirou shipping with Nanoha characters here. In this timeframe I'm limited to Signum, Shamal, Lindy, and Precia. Lindy just feels awkward for some reason. Shamal isn't much better off. Signum has to get past the "I tried to kill you" barrier. And Precia is... Precia.

So... question.

P.S. I'm not dead.
    Wait when did you do a dark souls nanoha fic? And where can I find it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by teknofan View Post
    Wait when did you do a dark souls nanoha fic? And where can I find it?
    It's on ff.net.

Here's the link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8719197/4/Scrap-Iron

So... question.

P.S. I'm not dead.
    Wait... Dark Souls Nanoha? WHERE?!

*calms himself and sees the link*

Cool!

*ahem*

About the idea... I'm not sure of what can I add that other people hadn't said already. Except that maybe I would go to a late 20's to early 30's Shirou. Not only he would be at his prime (at least physically), but he'd probably wouldn't be as weary as a late 30's one, and there would be more chances of him actually going to do his "Ally of Justice" thing than if he is older. As "distorted" (I hate that word) as Shirou is, this is a Shirou that had been on Rin's tenderly (not sure if sarcastic here) care, so he should like himself a bit more at least, and people get tired of wars and conflicts, so the chance of living peacefully with a daughter and ignoring the "call of duty" would be much more appealing to an older Shirou, while a younger one would be more inclined to go, from time to time, to do his thing.

Ultimately, I see him choosing his daughter over saving a bunch of people (all the routes taught us that Shirou really is inclined to give to his loved ones at least a bit more of priority that to unknown ones, specially HF, I agree, but the others also shows us that Shirou prioritizes), but while an older Shirou would choose this almost from the beggining, a younger one would delay that option a bit more.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Hey Ergast

How about late 20s? at least at that age people on the street assumes he got married young?

I know I'm repeating this but well the clone story is uploaded in my FF.net account. Sorry for mentioning twice today I'll stop with this post.

I was just reading through Old Iron's snip thread and The Lives and Times of Kaleido Shirou and was reminded of the talk about shipping Shirou with Signum in the Vajra continuity that went on a while ago.

And suddenly...MORE VAJRA! Probably.
    Slightly dissapointed that my ship probably wont happen but on the other hand: Vajra.
    Could...could we perhaps get some bro-ish Signum? Bro-ness is is pretty much just as good as romance in my books.

Archer Cats, Assemble! FateScarlet's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    PM for code
    Vajra!? Yay!!

Illya... could be hilarious and awesome. And I might be able to do that. It'll just take longer and require major tweaking of UBW.

I'm... really trying to avoid Shirou shipping with Nanoha characters here. In this timeframe I'm limited to Signum, Shamal, Lindy, and Precia. Lindy just feels awkward for some reason. Shamal isn't much better off. Signum has to get past the "I tried to kill you" barrier. And Precia is... Precia.
    Well, If you're trying to go with FS shipping, then I'd definitely go with Illya... a young Fate having her "mother figure" as someone looking as young as she is could be hilarious... Though if she is grown up and acts like Irisviel, well, poor Fate...

Also, why isn't Hayate as a shipping candidate!? She would love it!!
    IGN: Fate
    Last updated: January 30, 2017.
    Supports

Using both Rin and Saber might be a good idea, but I am concerned about adding too many characters. Plus if I add Saber, then I need to address the question of why there aren't any munchkins running around at this age. I have a passable reason if it is just Rin though.
    Can Servants give birth? I thought that because of their spiritual bodies that it's impossible. I know that Saber is a special case but still.