Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Out of curiousity... why can't I find much ShikixArcueid fanfiction out there?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RanmaBushiko View Post
    Please, do so then. Would be nice to see more of Arcueidxanything on the net.
    Well, the main pairing was Rin/Archer, just for forewarning.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I won't mind that. It's not that bad of a pairing, you know. Considering there's a bit of a hint of it in my Blades Under a Crimson Moon, as well. *shrugs* So I can understand where you're coming from.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RanmaBushiko View Post
    I won't mind that. It's not that bad of a pairing, you know. Considering there's a bit of a hint of it in my Blades Under a Crimson Moon, as well. *shrugs* So I can understand where you're coming from.
    But I'm like THE Rin/Archer fangirl in the fandom though. Which is sort of sad . . .

Also, I found some of the story elsewhere: http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Fanf...howtopic=13334
    Last edited by Elf; March 27th, 2011 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xm0123 View Post
    And wait, there are Mary Sues in Tsukihime fanfics, what few there are? I . . . I never thought they would infect this fandom . . . my mind is blown.
    I apologized in the current thread.

And in both threads on the old boards.

Constantly.

Maybe even in the hypothetical children thread that started the whole mess; it's been a while.
    If the only response you can think of for something is an overused terrible image with text on it or a beaten to death catchphrase, you should have a sit down and question your direction in life. "Who am I?" "Do I even have my own personality?" and "When did I replace my wit and social interaction skills with a series of shitty .jpg's?" are only a few examples of things you might consider pondering.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And your stuff is fine.
    Please, don't get upset, ok? I've definitely been enjoying your Daughter of a Shinigami. I just started the thread because it seems like there's too little Arcueid or ArcueidxShiki fanfiction. And your stuff isn't Mary Sue-ish as far as I've read.

Just make sure to include plenty of Shiki, Arcueid, and any of the others, like Ciel, Ahika, ect. and you'll be just fine.

Don't skimp on having family have a role in your story, or introduce a character only to not give them much screen time, unless they're someone you don't know about putting in in the first place.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by O. Hakubi View Post
    I apologized in the current thread.

And in both threads on the old boards.

Constantly.

Maybe even in the hypothetical children thread that started the whole mess; it's been a while.
    It's not that that I'm against, either. One of my favorite Evangelion fanfics (Shinji/Asuka 4 LIEF!) has an OC child, and that child certainly isn't a Mary Sue. And although I haven't read your story, I'll take RanmaBushiko's word for it that you're not guilty.

What I'm complaining about is when an author makes an OC who is a blatantly obvious analogue for the author, the OC chills out with the canon characters the author likes, kills or trash talks the characters the author doesn't like, and has mad sexxors with whichever canon character they like most and/or find the sexiest. And the feel of the original canon is completely lost, only to be replaced with a fanboy or fangirl imagining physically impossible nookie with a fictional person. That is what I'm against, and what I'm sure everyone else is, too. (And you do not want to know how frequently this happens in Pokemon and Sonic fanfics. Let's just say it happens disturbingly often.)

But I don't want to derail the thread,* so . . .

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more Shiki/Arc fics in the future. I'm doing my part to remedy the situation; are you?

*Me, a BL user who doesn't like to derail threads? blasphemy!
    g

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by xm0123 View Post
    It's not that that I'm against, either. One of my favorite Evangelion fanfics (Shinji/Asuka 4 LIEF!) has an OC child, and that child certainly isn't a Mary Sue. And although I haven't read your story, I'll take RanmaBushiko's word for it that you're not guilty.
    A child raised by Shinji and Asuka = Mary Sue? What kind of crazy world would you have to be living in where the child of those two insane characters would turn out to be a Mary Sue? It'd actually be more difficult to make a Mary Sue out of that situation than not to.

What I'm complaining about is when an author makes an OC who is a blatantly obvious analogue for the author, the OC chills out with the canon characters the author likes, kills or trash talks the characters the author doesn't like, and has mad sexxors with whichever canon character they like most and/or find the sexiest. And the feel of the original canon is completely lost, only to be replaced with a fanboy or fangirl imagining physically impossible nookie with a fictional person.
    Also, when they change the main character's personality and likes/dislikes to their own. Continuing Dreams, for example, has Shiki hating Makihisa, despite his canon vague sort-of-like-but-also-dislike relationship with the old man. Shiki just isn't the type of person to hate someone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Also, when they change the main character's personality and likes/dislikes to their own. Continuing Dreams, for example, has Shiki hating Makihisa, despite his canon vague sort-of-like-but-also-dislike relationship with the old man. Shiki just isn't the type of person to hate someone.
    Well, that could be a failed Nasuverse lore check.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Which . . . will probably be around the time hell freezes over. Sadly that fic died. I didn't know where to go with it.

I mean, I'll never say never, I might get back to it someday, but I've got so much other stuff I'm having more fun writing right now.

And "Fairy Tale" was about Arc and Shirou, not Shiki sadly.

Which is sad, because Arc/Shiki is my OTP of Tsukhime.
    oh dammit.

the one elf fic that was active I was still reading.

bugger.

c'est la vie

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This, THIS is one of my major fanfic pet peeves. "I love/hate this character, so EVERY character must love/hate this character, even if that goes against their canon personalities!"

Blog Entries
    incidentally, red night could be considered arc/shiki

...ish.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    incidentally, red night could be considered arc/shiki

...ish.
    Until you . . .
    Spoiler:
    Had poor Arc fucking go berserk and Shiki had to put her out of her misery like a dog!]

I was liking the fic, despite the typo here and there, until that happened!

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...Alright, that's it. Elf deary, even if you Fairy Tale died, you can write a lemony bit that's basically an epilouge with that ending, right? *Applies Mystic Eyes of the Sad Puppy* (With Visual Aid!)

Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Holy shit that's like the cutest thing I've ever seen.