Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Out of curiousity... why can't I find much ShikixArcueid fanfiction out there?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Out of curiousity... why can't I find much ShikixArcueid fanfiction out there?

Or even Arcueid centric stuff? Is there just not much of a fanbase for him and her together, or... what?

I'd like to enjoy most of the stuff, but every time I think I've found ShikixArcueid stuff, or even Arcueid centric... it's only a couple thousand words long, at most.

Though, the quality, like the 2 Valentines Day and White day short fics Kieran's done has been good... it's just a bit irritating, you know?

So...yeah. Anyone know anything I've been missing? Or the reason why I can't find much?

Guys, we have a new mission. We must create new Arc x Shiki, or Arc in general. Go out, fanfic writers, make it so in the name of the moon!

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    At a guess . . . Arcueid is powerful. She's almost a deus ex machina, so finding things to challenge her (that won't squash Shiki like a bug) is difficult. Then, too, there are a number of troubles setting her up in a believable relationship, given her nature. We may love it for the tragedy-laden air of romance, but Nasu's basically designed it so that it isn't really possible without fundamental changes. Not in a long-term sense, at any rate.

. . . Then again, it's also possible that most Shiki/Arc fans aren't writers, and that most writers prefer other pairings.

Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    Guys, we have a new mission. We must create new Arc x Shiki, or Arc in general. Go out, fanfic writers, make it so in the name of the moon!
    One of these days - plate's rather full at the moment.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it really is hard to write anything with Arc in it that isn't slice of life because of how ridiculous OP she is. It's almost maddening when you try to think of ideas to do some sort of trick, only to realize that "Nope, she'll win nearly instantly" is all to common.

Elf has the best shpt at anything in a long time concerning Arc imo, with what she's doing in Fairy Tale.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Makes sense. Arcueid's the biggest danger in town, after all... Still, I've enjoyed all the writings you've done, Kieran, on the subject.

Honestly, though, In the Nasuverse... I'm surprised a mage hasn't figured out how the hell to take bloodlust away from vampires yet... or has and just hasn't mentioned anything. Considering Zelretch, Zouken, and the Einzberns made the Holy Grail to be the penultimate wishmaking factory as a side effect for what they really intended to do...
    I wouldn't be surprised if she could make something like that to work with the sheer goddamned power she has, if she put her mind to it...
    or there might be artifacts that can take away a vampire's bloodlust... since didn't she originally not have it in the first place? I mean, she stays in place and dreams whenever she's not off killing a Dead Apostle... or Roa.

Ect. ect. ect. Just a few ideas for anyone that decides to write on this.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I think there's a lack of accessible Tsukhime fanfics in the first place, tbh. Not many SoL, or even fanfics with a nice atmosphere, it's all "lol Shiki gets owned/leaves/is dead, other stuff happens, it's not all that interesting since it's a fuckload of OC/half-canon characters now".

Haven't seen much that'd actually be interesting on ff.net, and if I have, it's either dead or ongoing.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I've noticed that Tsukihime fics in general are scarce. Fate's really popular due to it being the successive work and the larger cast of characters to utilize, but Tsukihime really does need more love.

...I've gotta get off my ass one of these days and work on my Sion/Shiki one, and eventually do a Sacchin/Shiki as well.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Sion/Shiki
    Sacchin/Shiki
    The moment these are completed, you will become my favourite author.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Only one that's caught my eye on FF.net would be the sequel to http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5852269/1/FateStay_With_Me, which has Shirou, Saber, and Arcueid traveling together, and snippets of Arcueid with Shiki here and there.

And considering I read both through in 45 minutes... Having a reading addiction... sucks.

And I don't even want to think about the fanfic I ran into where Naruto summons Arcueid at the beginning of the series...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Yeah I've noticed that Tsukihime fics in general are scarce. Fate's really popular due to it being the successive work and the larger cast of characters to utilize, but Tsukihime really does need more love.

...I've gotta get off my ass one of these days and work on my Sion/Shiki one, and eventually do a Sacchin/Shiki as well.
    I'll read 'em.

Blog Entries
    Well, I did do her some justice back in Kieran's old Challenge Thread a while back that I could paste up here again.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RanmaBushiko View Post
    Naruto summons Arcueid

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Would be nice to see more stuff, that's for sure.

I've been trying to get stuff saved for a vacation in Oregon... probably not going to have Wifi, so if my story's not done by April 3rd, I'll be finishing it afterwards.

I think I'd enjoy more than just playing Visual novels or being on the beach all day, you know?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6790789/...e_moon_princes if you ever want to get bored enough to read such a horrible thing.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I don't think I could ever get that bored.

Ever.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I read through stuff like Hill of Swords in a few hours at the very, very most. Aka if I'm sick as a dog and wondering if I'll see more fanfiction pop up off one of my favorite authors... So I had the misfortune of actually getting that bored.

Then again, they should've renamed it "Sasuke" with how much he's the goddamned drama queen of that story... meh. Shitty series, all in all, after the first 18 episodes. Should've ended it there, honestly.

Wait, the title of that fic is "... SUmmoner of the white moon princes?" Did Arcueid separate into a number of men?

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm assuming the author is someone for whom English is not their first language.

. . . Or a complete idiot, but I'll be nice and assume the former.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Probably the former. Especially considering it was cookie cutter from the other one where he summons Rider instead... or the OTHER other where he summons Saber instead...
    Yeah. Just a couple of sentences different, too.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Yeah, it really is hard to write anything with Arc in it that isn't slice of life because of how ridiculous OP she is. It's almost maddening when you try to think of ideas to do some sort of trick, only to realize that "Nope, she'll win nearly instantly" is all to common.

Elf has the best shpt at anything in a long time concerning Arc imo, with what she's doing in Fairy Tale.
    Ah, where is this, by the way?