Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F/SN Complete Material 3 page translation, confirmation needed about 3rd Grail War

I included the possibility of heretics!
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desu_Cake View Post
    *Living-Space Maker!*

"You should just kill all of the people of the other countries."
    You are a terrible, terrible person. Just thought you should know that.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    It's only heretical if you do it out of pure love for technology. Devoting your life to it to fuck somebody else over is Clock Tower approved!

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    You are a terrible, terrible person. Just thought you should know that.
    I was not aware of that. Thank you for enlightening me.

This thread is now a cross-Nazi-magi-action-idealogy discussion thread.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It's only heretical if you do it out of pure love for technology. Devoting your life to it to fuck somebody else over is Clock Tower approved!
    Not if it involves science.

Scientists pls get out! We don't serve your kind here.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don’t wanna talk to a scientist
    Y’all motherfuckers lying, and getting me pissed

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Fuckin' rainbows! How do they work?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The refraction of liMIRACLES IT'S MIRACLES

I'm sure the magic nazis wouldn't have had to interact with the science nazis very much.
    At least not much beyond "Oh you silly billies with your scientific methods and your killing innocent people for your research, when we're done we'll have miracles, and we kill at least as many people completely by accident!"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Nazis love technology, Magi hate it.
    Not really. The Nazis used technology, but they were also rather into mysticism.

Nazis are all about the Fuher, magi are all about themselves and their family.
    What?

Also the Nazis aligned themselves with the Catholic church.
    Not really. They just let the Catholic Church continue existing in return for the Catholic church not opposing them.

More importantly though is how the Nazis liked to get there hands on everything and then modify it to make it more "Arayan", whereas Magi are about searching for the untainted original.
    What?

I mean I guess it could happen but they would probably be heretics. I sort of imagine a Nazi magus as a magic Red Skull. Pays lip service until he has enough power.
    Well, most of the main magus families probably wouldn't work with the Nazis, no, but they wouldn't use them either. I think you're massively exaggerating the differences between magi and the Nazis, though.

Not to mention, all the magi that don't really seem to care about high-minded ideals at all.
    What do you mean?

Like, for instance, two of the three founding families behind the Grail War, whose entire motivation is "fuck those other two families".
    Erm, what?

None of the three major families are motivated by "fuck the other families". Indeed, in Zero Tokiomi tried to broker an alliance with the Einsberns precisely because he would rather one of the three main families win than someone else.

And this being the Nasuverse, the Thule Society probably was an actual mystic society promoting Nazism, that may or may not have had any connection to the Clock Tower at all. (And it's not like only magi at the Clock Tower doing things the Clock Tower way are real magi or something.)
    Yeah, this too. Just because the MA isn't Nazi, doesn't mean other magi won't be.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    The refraction of liMIRACLES IT'S MIRACLES
    Miracle refraction? That sounds like something Nasu would come up with...

Blog Entries
    None of the three major families are motivated by "fuck the other families". Indeed, in Zero Tokiomi tried to broker an alliance with the Einsberns precisely because he would rather one of the three main families win than someone else.
    The entire reason the ritual always falls apart is because none of the three families can stand the thought of sharing with each other, and Zero even says that Tokiomi is the only one in the Fourth War that still cares about the original goal of reaching the Root. The Einzberns and Matous are in it for their own reasons, and top priority for each of them is making sure neither of the other houses win.

Or did you see a special version where everybody worked together and the Servants fought with hugs and cooperation?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Nasuland magi families: Live free, fail hard.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The entire reason the ritual always falls apart is because none of the three families can stand the thought of sharing with each other, and Zero even says that Tokiomi is the only one in the Fourth War that still cares about the original goal of reaching the Root. The Einzberns and Matous are in it for their own reasons, and top priority for each of them is making sure neither of the other houses win.

Or did you see a special version where everybody worked together and the Servants fought with hugs and cooperation?
    What?

Sure, they're in it for theirselves, but they are not explicitly trying to stop the other families from winning. They are just trying to ensure that they do win.

Tokiomi specifically states that he'd rather the other two families win than some random magus and Zouken is too fucking nuts to care about anything barring his own victory. The only ones who could even possibly think like that are the Einsberns, and at no point in Zero does either Kiritsugu or Iri say anything that implies they think that way.
    Last edited by Mike1984; September 24th, 2012 at 11:29 AM.

Blog Entries
    But they can't win if the other families win. And if the other families win, they lose.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Then it's fuck the world, not fuck the other 2 founding families!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    But they can't win if the other families win. And if the other families win, they lose.
    Well, yes, they are obviously trying to defeat them, but that's not a specific goal, it's just a requirement for them to win theirselves. Their top priority is simply victory.

Blog Entries
    But if they were pure in their ideal of reaching the Root, they'd have no problem working together and sharing the achievement as long as it meant they got there. The fact that they each decided they want the Graill to themselves sort of implies they don't want the others to have it, you know. Tokiomi is sort of an odd duck out, since he really does just care about reaching the Root.

Yeah, I was about to say. Tokiomi is a very specific example that shouldn't represent the whole. You could have made a case for Zouken, because he was originally in it for world peace, but...yeaaaaaah, he's crazy now.

EDIT: Wow, I'm late.