Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F/SN Complete Material 3 page translation, confirmation needed about 3rd Grail War

F/SN Complete Material 3 page translation, confirmation needed about 3rd Grail War

Can somebody translate a page from Complete Material 3 for me?

More specifically -- supposedly, according to this page, there were Nazis involved in the 3rd Holy Grail War. Can anyone confirm/deny that?

Here are the translations of Complete Material 3 in actuality ---Petrikow
    Last edited by Petrikow; December 12th, 2021 at 04:26 PM.
    The telescope at one end of his beat
    And at the other end the microscope,
    Two instruments of nearly equal hope,
    And in conjunction giving quite a spread.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that only applies to heroic spirits and other magical constructs, because there's no way in hell an ancient warship could defeat a modern one.
    This is Nasu. A trireme would totally ram a 122 gun SotL and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mereo Flere View Post
    But it's mostly the arguments. This had to be my favorite moment:

"You don't own BL."
    "Actually, he does..."
    "Well, he may legally own it, but it's not morally right, just like giving cancer sticks to children and being Satan. N-not that I'm comparing him to those or anything, baka."

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I believe that's true, yes. It's been translated before....

I believe that's true, yes. It's been translated before....
    I've seen some translations, and rumors, saying so. But I wasn't sure of how accurate/trustworthy they were. So I'm kinda wondering if somebody can confirm or deny it with more certainty.
    Spoiler:
    I'm pretty sure that only applies to heroic spirits and other magical constructs, because there's no way in hell an ancient warship could defeat a modern one.

"You don't own BL."
    "Actually, he does..."
    "Well, he may legally own it, but it's not morally right, just like giving cancer sticks to children and being Satan. N-not that I'm comparing him to those or anything, baka."

Blog Entries
    Yeah, IJA and Nazis messing around in Tokyo and landmines in the streets. That's the Third for you.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll have a shaky translation done in a bit, if no-one more competent butts in first. (Please butt in).

But if all you want is confirmation, look under the 1930s entry in the first column. It says 'ナチス' midway through the second line - that means Nazis, as I expect even Google Translate will tell you.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    第二次世界大戦前夜に執り行われた回。
    小聖杯を巡り帝国陸軍やナチスを交え、帝都を舞台に戦いが繰り広げられたが、小聖杯が破壊され 失敗。
    聖杯降臨地は冬木協会。
    アンリマユを取り込み、大聖杯が汚染された。
    Took place on the eve of World War II.
    The Imperial Army and Nazis clashed around the Lesser Grail. The battle was fought on Imperial turf, but the Lesser Grail was accidentally destroyed.
    The Descent of the Holy Grail was at Fuyuki Church.
    Angra Manyu was taken in, and the Greater Grail was polluted.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Wasn't this already translated?

(Oh, so the original translation couldn't be found and it was quicker to do a rough translation?)

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Took place on the eve of World War II.
    The Imperial Army and Nazis clashed around the Lesser Grail. The battle was fought on Imperial turf, but the Lesser Grail was accidentally destroyed.
    The Descent of the Holy Grail was at Fuyuki Church.
    Angra Manyu was taken in, and the Greater Grail was polluted.
    Thank you for confirming it!
    Spoiler:

"You don't own BL."
    "Actually, he does..."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ratstsrub View Post
    Wasn't this already translated?

(Oh, so the original translation couldn't be found and it was quicker to do a rough translation?)
    Don't think so. People haven't really bothered with that page, because its overviews are so cursory. I actually think I'm the only one who's done it, and that was because I wanted to learn about the First and Second Wars, which get so little focus that even the scraps are useful. Then this came up to make me do the Third.

(Additionally, its brevity makes it easier for me and my appalling Japanese to handle, at least in some ways).
    Last edited by Seika; September 18th, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    arai translated it on the Complete Material wikia.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    Hm. So he did. Go with that one, then.

Held on the eve of WWII. There were battles over the Lesser Grail with the Imperial Army and the Nazis as well, and the fighting unfolded in the Imperial Capital, but the Lesser Grail was destroyed and the ritual failed. The evocation site of the Grail was at Fuyuki Church. Angra Mainyu was taken in and the Greater Grail was contaminated.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Hm. So he did. Go with that one, then.

Held on the eve of WWII. There were battles over the Lesser Grail with the Imperial Army and the Nazis as well, and the fighting unfolded in the Imperial Capital, but the Lesser Grail was destroyed and the ritual failed. The evocation site of the Grail was at Fuyuki Church. Angra Mainyu was taken in and the Greater Grail was contaminated.
    Wait does that mean the IJA and members of the Nazi party sent representatives to the Grail War? And is there any mention of what type of fighting unfolded in Tokyo?

Blog Entries
    That's all that's in the entry - I quoted the Japanese with my translation, you can see that it's very brief. From other stuff in HA, we know things like Masters employing landmines, but the nature of Hollow Ataraxia means we don't get all that much.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If real world Nazis had been involved in the 3rd Holy Grail War, it would most probably have been the Ahnenerbe.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I see what you did there.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    At least we know something we didn't know already

The Nazi's did it.

Blog Entries
    If we're more realistic, of the known participants, the most likely to have been involved with Nazis would be the Edelfelts.

(The other chief candidate would be the Einzberns, but they're kinda reclusive)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    If we're more realistic, of the known participants, the most likely to have been involved with Nazis would be the Edelfelts.

(The other chief candidate would be the Einzberns, but they're kinda reclusive)
    Well, the Einsberns seem more likely than the Edelfelts to me, not least because they're actually German (although Finland was a Nazi ally, that was only really due to circumstance, and only came about when the Soviets started attacking them). Plus, the Edelfelts don't seem particularly evil.

Blog Entries
    The thing with the Einzberns is that they hate asking for outside help. That's why I'm not having them as the main suspects. Nothing to do with their evilness.

The Finnish higher classes had already been allied with Imperial Germany in the 1917 Civil War (this wasn't Nazi Germany, of course).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Well, the Einsberns seem more likely than the Edelfelts to me, not least because they're actually German (although Finland was a Nazi ally, that was only really due to circumstance, and only came about when the Soviets started attacking them). Plus, the Edelfelts don't seem particularly evil.
    However, Nazism was a workers' movement. Populist. Like communism it primarily relied on the masses and had little in common with the aristocracy. Also, like communism, it seeked to replace traditional focuses of loyalty. Hitler and many of the men who went into high positions under Nazism were primarily working-class individuals. I could see the Einzberns being Junkers under the German Empire, if they were Prussian, but Nazi Germany and Imperial Germany were very different. Hell under Nazi Germany they probably would've been persecuted due to being aristocracy. Yes the SS contained some people who were nobility and many nobles did join, but it was primarily a lower-class movement. This TV Tropes page says it better.

Aldeayeah: Considering the Edelfelts are also nobility, what reason would they ally themselves with a movement that was primarily lower-class in origin and drive?
    Last edited by warellis; September 20th, 2012 at 09:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Pretty much all established magi families are elitist aristocrats, so by that logic no regular Master would have sought Nazi help. Yet someone did.