Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 27101112

Thread: Project Eternity

Blog Entries
    Thirty day funding period and it's going to be done by the end of day two.

Hope they've got some sweet stretch goals in mind (which don't cack up the actual game) because otherwise they really risk interest in this dropping precipitously.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    And done. $1.1m in thirty hours. Over 10,000 people.

(Mind, only a little over half of that is actually pledges as opposed to Fig's nebulous Ponzi scheme funding).
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    What was wrong with Kickstarter, anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    http://venturebeat.com/2017/01/26/pi...unding-on-fig/

For the sequel, we have turned to Fig for our fan-funding needs because we not only wanted our fans to help shape Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, but to financially share in its potential as well.
    mmhmmmm
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    What was wrong with Kickstarter, anyway?
    Lack of nebulous Ponzi schemes.

Basically, the three 'big' early KickStarter videogame successes (Obsidian, InExile, DoubleFine) wanted to jump on that success while being able to pay themselves a cut instead of KS. Also, fig is set up to allow 'investors' to plough much bigger sums in while acquiring stakes in the game itself instead of just grabbing up rewards. Both accredited investors who are dumping in relatively notable sums, and unaccredited investors who are still throwing in triple figures. In almost all cases, the mathematics demonstrate this is an incredibly stupid financial decision, especially because they're allowed to withhold all returns if they decide it would at any point affect liquidity of the companies concerned. But squeezing bigger sums out of over-invested nerds is very much the point.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    unaccredited investors who are still throwing in triple figures.
    Share price is $1000 USD, so even more lol

But yeah this is a bad idea. I'd be slightly less uncomfortable investing in Obsidian itself. Relatively. Small project-based companies bleh
    Last edited by mewarmo990; January 28th, 2017 at 03:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hah, you're right. Psychonauts 2 was $500 or greater, but I guess they kicked the figure up this time.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    Reasonably cool that they are making pillars 2, but I am reserving my hype for torment which should be coming out soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    Torment by InExile.

Not hugely hyped.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I heard Wasteland 2 was alright but the image of the game they're making on the site looks like it's going to be another Pillars.
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    Reasonably cool that they are making pillars 2, but I am reserving my hype for torment which should be coming out soon.
    Pillars 2 confirmed (for me at least, didn't know) nice.

I'm looking forward to Wasteland 3, though I can hope with bated breath that the weapons are more balanced to encourage focused Team Roles during combat instead of everyone getting an Assault Rifle besides the Sniper. Skills were mostly fine, though Perks were very underwhelming in the Director's Cut of 2. Story was okay.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    don't know how recent this news is but Fig raised the investment cap to $2.25M "due to high investment demand" lol

With two days left in the campaign (though I'd be surprised if they stopped taking investments) they're at $1.49M Fig Funds + $1.59M pledges, out of a $1.1M goal.

Again, I'd advise against buying shares not only because of risk but also the illiquidity problem. EDIT: unless you don't care and this is just your funny money

will probably preorder a copy tho.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; February 22nd, 2017 at 01:25 AM.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Looks like it's just gonna scrape over the $4.25m mark. I think they waited a day too long to roll out the last big push stuff; $5m just plainly wasn't going to come in the time they gave it, and they didn't get enough hype from rolling over the cool (?) new stretch goals on the road toward it.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15