Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's Play: Battle Moon Wars!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Keep enough points to max out Ryougi first time you get her, never care about anything ever again.
    Nope, he clearly needs all those points for Sakura....

In Brazil, everybody's hands are burning red.
    upgrade shirou and sakura, win the game.

saddly ryougi wastes too much energy ;_;

Blog Entries
    You peeps. Sakura does not need any tender loving care from me! (She gets enough from Shirou)

Spoiler:
    She's also badass enough where I only need to give her the basic upgrades to still be incredibly useful, post rescue. Even pre capture, I get more use out of her than Haruna. Really really. I don't like Haruna. >=/

There's one thing you forgot to mention about accuracy earlier. Having 100% means that the attack cannot be dodged normally, it's still possible to dodge via insta-dodge skills. 200% means that the attack cannot be dodged PERIOD. Also regardless of your opinions on characters please don't do any character bashing here.
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisLoserisYou View Post
    Really really. I don't like Haruna. >=/[/SPOILER]
    How does it feel to not have taste?

(She's actually pretty useful post-midgame because she goes from barely touchable to killing everything left and right while mocking everyone about how untouchable she is and stuff. Also her theme is awesome and is in no way related to why I like her at all.)

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Please understand that every character "is" useful, I just don't make USE of them because I'm a biased prick sometimes.

(Haruna just fails more at what I tell her to do, but that's the Random Number God's problem, not really hers. Failing an 84% to hit THREE TIMES does not make one happy with her.)

And yes I am aware nite. I did mention that "normally" having 100% for your hit-chance was instant. There are a few instances where the enemy will have an insta-dodge skill preset. You can also dodge 200% via special skills such as Haruna's premonition (which some enemies will have, actually). I was speaking purely in terms of 100% chance to hit in relation to them attacking you, where it can be dodged. And then I said that their chance to hit is halved until, naturally, 200% that can't be dodged.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisLoserisYou View Post
    You peeps. Sakura does not need any tender loving care from me! (She gets enough from Shirou)

Spoiler:
    She's also badass enough where I only need to give her the basic upgrades to still be incredibly useful, post rescue. Even pre capture, I get more use out of her than Haruna. Really really. I don't like Haruna. >=/
    Surely, though, the fact that she's incredibly useful only means you should spend more points on her, to boost her so that she's even more incredibly useful....

Blog Entries
    Surely, though, the fact that she's incredibly useful only means you should spend more points on her, to boost her so that she's even more incredibly useful....
    Don't tell me how to live my life!!!

Blog Entries

The Unit info and terminology dump--updates with the updates!

This here is the "Unit" post! Every time a new unit pops up, I'll be putting down their specs, battle sprite, what series they are from, and what their battle/theme song is right then and there and then update this post to add in that unit. Please note that this means, given enough time, this post will become very spoiler-y. When it comes to that, tread carefully.

While Battle Moon Wars itself has a character directory it's all in Japanese. Except the attacks, which can be viewed at the player's discretion and enjoyment. The attacks are the only things in English, oddly enough.

If you spot an error, a picture that doesn't show, or any other such discrepancy, please let me know.

Terminology--

Youkai: A Japanese term that has no straight up English translation. When the anime "Inuyasha" was on English airwaves, the term "demon" was used in place of youkai but still kind of far from the actual definition of the term (but "demon" fit the mouth flaps of the characters so...there ya go). "Supernatural being" is a much better indicator. In the world of Battle Moon Wars, "youkai" is Shin'i's definition for anyone or anything that is deemed supernaturally powered. Magus, vampire, True Ancestor or otherwise.

Shin'i: Original to Battle Moon Wars. Shin'i is a relatively small organization that is sort of the "supernatural detectives" of this iteration of the Nasuverse. Comprised entirely of "youkai", this organization's task is to investigate any weird goings-on in the world and deal with them accordingly. A separate entity from the various Magi groups and Holy Church, Shin'i has a decidedly less restricting employment record and a more optimistic viewpoint. Also appears to have some moral standards as well.

Playable Character Units:

The delicious, cherry-jam center of Battle Moon Wars. Your warriors. Your healers. Your centuries-old cryptozoological wonders. The worlds of the various Nasuverse canons collide with an explosion of blades, claws and magical spells. And it's....it's pretty swell, actually.

Name: Takumi Atsuta

Race: Human (Youkai)

Origin: Battle Moon Wars (original character)

Super-type

Attacks: Futsuno - Strike (Rng 1-3 squares), Futsuno - Rupture

Bio: A frontline fighter, Takumi can take the hits as well as dish them out. A young adult from Shin'i, he is partners with Haruna. Also has a younger sister. Level headed and contemplative, Takumi is the sensible choice for any mission regardless of difficulty. Has superhuman strength and apparently the ability to infuse objects with mana to make them more powerful/sharper.

Takumi, as the Super-type route protagonist, epitomizes all that is Super type--big, tough, wields a massive, overcompensating weapon. Not that I'm complaining, he gets results. Boy damn does he get results. As it comes with being a Super-type, Takumi doesn't have too much in the way of aiming that big fucking sword of his. If push comes to shove and Takumi needs to whack a quicker enemy, be sure to keep Strike handy.

This unit requires very little support. His movement is decent, his attack range is quite good for a short range fighter, his SP Moves are geared towards his attacking and growth with Strike (200% next attack, carries to enemy's turn even after use) and a very early Gain (doubles next battle's exp). Later on, he gains SP Moves that greatly increase his attack damage and nullify 99% damage. Takumi was built for battle and it shows.

My Thoughts: For some reason, I have this SRW inkling to ignore the Super-type protagonist on a first playthrough. I had this problem with Kyosuke in Original Generation. I focused on other chars while leaving the protag in the dust. Relatively speaking, he was tough, but not as tough as he could've been. Second time around, Takumi was the absolute home run KING and his potential should never be wasted. Storywise, Takumi is one of the oldest humans of the group and has a more professional relationship with the rest of the cast. Debatably a natural leader, Takumi seems nonetheless a driving force of the group.

Theme: Rust Sword

Name: Haruna Mochizuki

Race: Human (Youkai)

Origin: Battle Moon Wars (original character)

Real type

Attacks: S. Rifle, Puppet Wasp

Bio: A teenage youkai working for Shin'i, Haruna is fast and can traverse most obstacles easily. Armed with a machine gun and armed with "puppet wasps", Haruna is a mid range lightning bruiser. Once attended school with Akiha. Possesses precognitive abilities and the inhuman ability to fly (without a plane or license).

Opposite of Takumi, Haruna is the archetype of the Real-type unit. That is, she is a lightning bruiser, a speedster, the give-but-can't-taker. Her attacks are mid-to-long range and her SP moves are geared towards helping her hit/evade, her specialties, and obtaining more money through an early Lucky (double BP gained from next battle) to benefit the entire group rather than just herself. Later moves allow her to deal extra damage.

Described as "hit and run" in the game's opening, I find it pretty fitting. To get all those battle masteries, hit and run tactics are practically the mantra of the game. The faster units go in first, hit a few guys and then go deeper, while my slower units catch up whilst cleaning up the weakened enemies left in their dust. Haruna, with enough Will, is also useful for going after enemies most characters can't go after (such as birds perched high atop GET BACK HERE YOU STUPID BIRDS) and eliminating them. Boost her speed and hit to make her impossible to touch and attack for heavy hitting. Her range is something to envy, too.

My Thoughts: I don't really like Haruna. All units are balanced, sure, and I give her shit for THAT WAS A 7% CHANCE TO HIT AND YOU GOT CRITTED TO DEATH, HARUNA WHAT THE PISS!?!, but I found it a little difficult to get what sort of part she played in the story other than being Takumi's more naive female counterpart. Her animeish "huh?"s and restating the obvious are always irks for me. We're fed, piecemeal, the specifics about Haruna's life (such as her large stuffed animal collection) and at times she seems to be a little 2D girly. Not to say she doesn't fit in. A lot of her characterization seems to point towards Haruna being largely naive about some of the crazy goings on of the Nasuverse not out of dumb ignorance but is sort of the "new girl who just moved in" kind of person. On the friendlier side of things, telling others about her life and retaining a more positive outlook despite the utter CRAPHOLE that is Nasuverse, she plays her part well.

I still don't like her.

Theme: Counter Attack

Attachment 6849

Rin Tohsaka

Race: Human

Origin: Fate/stay night

Real type

Attacks: Gandr, One Stone All My Soul

Bio: The teen prodigy when it comes to magic. Rin was one of the potential love interests from Fate/stay night. However, seeing as how Battle Moon Wars takes place after the Heaven's Feel route, Rin has been allocated to "future sister-in-law" status.

In the beginning, Rin has left Fuyuki to search Misaki City for the "puppet master", a magus specializing in the creation of doll bodies in order to commission her to fix Shirou's own doll body. It is at this point her path begins to intertwine with the rest of the BMW cast as she joins Haruna and Takumi's group in order to find out what exactly is going on.

Starting out, Rin is a long range attacker, capable of whittling down enemies from afar or blasting them off the face of the Earth entirely. As a bonus, Rin automatically starts with Hit & Run, a skill that lets the unit move after already attacking (a must for any long range unit). She also possess very good accuracy. Caution should be taken if Rin is to ever engage an enemy that can retaliate as Rin's voluptuous-but-still-teenage body has low HP and next to no defense but only fair dodging capabilities.

Her SP moves allow early personal growth and ensures good Hit/Evade stats. Later on, Rin will be geared towards powering up one very good hit and then blasting an enemy from far away with no chance of retaliation. A very nice unit overall.

Enemy Units:

Aside from most bosses, enemy units are almost entirely comprised of anime references. Being American myself, I don't get a lot of them. But if you do, CONGRATULATIONS! You officially know something I don't. Enemies usually come in three categories--machines, animals (familiars I guess) and Dead Apostles, that nadir of a defining term Kinoko Nasu slapped onto vampires and liches and zombies and the like.

Animals have higher evade and chance to hit, usually with short-mid ranged attacks. Machines tend to have more health and defense power but lack chance to hit and evade, running a gamut of mid range attackers. Dead Apostles are somewhere in between that, usually having mid-long ranged attacks.

Animal/Familiar Types--

Vorpal Rabbit

Origin: Got me. It's a Rattata? Or is it a Nidoran (male)?

Vorpal rabbits are the weakest enemies in the game. They posses only one meager attack that's rather difficult to dodge but one slug from a heavy hitter and they're gone. Best deal with them quickly before they annoy you to death.

Crow

Origin: It's a crow (w/ Yorick in its talon?)

A bird. Can fly on top of stuff and has a mid range attack that will annoy you to no end. Use Haruna or long range chars to defeat them. They have low health but be sure you have a decently accurate character hit them.

Machine type--

Getter Robo 1

Origin: Getter Robo (I assume)

The first machine type encountered. Has a mid ranged attack and some decent defense and health but is totally helpless in the face of an up-close attacker. Has bad accuracy.

Dead Apostle type--

Attachment 6848

Ruriko

Origin: Unknown

The first long ranged Dead Apostle the player encounters. A little girl who is apparently also a cyborg, her only attack causes minimal damage. Nonetheless, they are an annoyance that must be dealt with quickly before they start making the enemy's turns last longer for no particular reason.

Name:  ScreenHunter_577 Oct. 04 15.53.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  10.9 KB

Saori

Origin: Unknown

A mid ranged Dead Apostle who has some fixation on this "Yu-kun" character. Signs point to him being an object of her affection. Said "Yu-kun" likely has no idea she has such feelings for him. Whatever the case, these are like bulkier Rurikos in that they have one minor attack. A very basic mid-ranged enemy.

Bosses (warning: Spoilers will be inevitable)

Name:  ScreenHunter_577 Oct. 04 17.11.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  10.4 KB

Nanaya Shiki

Origin: Kagetsu Tohya

Shiki's other personality and a possible future. That is, a remorseless killer. Very much a dark side of the playable Shiki in that he is very difficult to hit but doesn't have much HP compared to other bosses. He still hits like a tank despite lacking Shiki's Mystic Eyes of Death. Is also the "rival" of the Takumi route.

Boss Theme: N/A

<<<That's all for now. More units will be added as I encounter them in-game. As such, this post will be edited regularly.>>>
    Last edited by ThisLoserisYou; October 4th, 2012 at 05:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    You should mention how Takumi has a thing for Touko.

He likes his women motherly looking (if I remember correctly) or he has a thing for older women.

giggity
    Last edited by ZidanReign; October 2nd, 2012 at 12:50 AM.

Blog Entries

Update 2: Oh look, it's an angry high school girl!

Let's Play Battle Moon Wars: Stage 2: Tsundere Ahoy!

: (I wonder if she'll actually show up at all.) I can't seem to find this so-called seal-appointed super first-class mage no matter where I look...Plus, this town gives me the creeps. I know there's news of missing people and murders (not that that's new to me or anything)...(Even then, this place just feels odd.)

: Hello there, young lady. Wonderful evening, isn't it?

: Who knows? Sometimes I wonder that myself.

: Huh?

: Hahaha! The moon is so beautiful tonight. It's as if fragments of my thoughts are being reflected by it.

: What are you going on about? Is your head on right?

: Ahhh...what a nice setting. I'm such a homicidal maniac. Not that I was implying anything else, mind you.

: ! So, you're the person behind the murders here?

: Not all of them.

: Seriously, I've killed like maybe three people. All of them gangbangers. Actually, I'm pretty certain only gangbangers are the ones out at this hour so consider me doing you guys a favor here.

: Regardless, blame your terrible fortune for our encounter tonight. I'll make sure you get beautifully torn to pieces.

First turn you get...nothing exciting. Just move up three spaces and watch more cutscene.

Fate/stay night battle theme: Swat Metal

: Hey! Swinging a knife like that around a girl is dangerous! And dangerous in general, really.

: ...Two people tonight, eh? I'll use these then, just in case.

Right then! Now the real fun begins...(and not in the Dwarf Fortress kind of way, unless you're into that sort of thing)

Notice here now we got ourselves the Magus, Rin Tohsaka. Pretty, ingenius, and the former Master of Archer during the last Grail War. Befitting her spellcasting nature, Rin is a Real-type long-range specialist. The thing about long range units is that despite their obvious ranged attack advantage, Rin can only attack and move but not move then attack. Positioning long-ranged units in order to make them useful is key to defeating enemies and leveling them up and I shouldn't need to elaborate on how useful a buff long-range mage is when there are enemies that are in desperate need of being purged.

Currently, Rin only has two attacks and needs to boost her Will higher to use her stronger move.

Will is kind of a funny thing. A constant worry. Attack (and hitting) enemies makes it increase by about 1 per hit. Various buyable skills raise more ways to increase Will during or even before stages so that you can use your stronger moves even earlier. What with this still being the first Act, it's not too important but later on it is going to start becoming a problem. Always spare some FP when you start having Will problems. And unless you're a SRW mega buff, you most certainly will be.

Oh and another cool thing Rin can do besides shooting lasers and yelling at Shirou...

Haruna's theme: Counter Attack

If solving problems required magical capabilities, then this is easily Rin's specialty. Rin also comes complete with the Skill called "Off. Support". If she happens to be standing next to one of her companions when they're making an attack, she has free reign to jump in, assuming that she is within attack range! (If anyone knows how ranges work with Off. Support, I would be appreciate you letting me know)

Turning attacks that *almost* kill mooks into...

...delicious XPs. And BPs. And FPs. Money.

So one enemy is down and Haruna is already almost dead. We have to go in and defeat the rest of the mooks and start pounding away at Nanaya before turn 4 ends. Sounds like a plan.

Through several close calls and many, many finger lasers fired, Nanaya is all that's left. But that was the easy part.

See, unlike the long lost crow that Fiddlesticks misplaced while Ult'ing his way to victory, Nanaya will kill either of these two high school aged girls with one attack. Focus, focus, FOCUS COMES TO PLAY HERE!

Even then, saved before going into battle. (It's the enemies turn, as indicated by the red "4" as I damaged him during my turn)

(There's a few missing screencaps here. Next update will be better about this. Pinky promise.)

: I'll spare your life for now, milady. I have other targets to kill tonight. More gangbangers, to be specific. Should we ever meet again, I'll properly tear you to pieces.

: What was up with that guy? He looked dangerous.

: That's what he told me at the start.

: Could he be this city's infamous murderer?

: That's what I thought, too. But he denied being responsible for some of the murders. Which makes sense, really. You wanna talk about gangbangers? I zapped like four on my way here. And I don't think they'll be the last. Wearing red out in the middle of the night was not the smartest idea.

: Uwa! We shouldn't have let him escape. We need to capture him!

: Capture him? Didn't you see him summoning evil spirits to do his bidding? He's no ordinary cutthroat, that's for sure.

: You know about these evil spirits?

: Yeah. I'm not from around here though. I heard about them from another guardian.

: I see.

: Oh, right, I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Haruna Mochizuki.

: In that case, can I just call you Rin?

: Sure. You know about our kind, despite being unable to use magic? Are you a youkai, Haruna?

: Yep. Local division requested our services. Shin'i HQ ordered us to take care of some things.

: Headquarters? The situation here's much worse than I thought. Did you come alone?

: I'm here with my usual partner...

And nothing else.

: But we split up, so I was about to go meet with Akiha, the Misaki guardian.

: Oh~ Have any luck so far?

: Eh. You're cute, but you're definitely not my type.

: Aww, thanks....wait, wha--

*Screen Flashes White!!! (And It's Too Fast So I Couldn't Screencap It)*

: Eh!? What's that pillar of light?

: (That's...)

: It came from the Tohno Mansion!

: (No, it can't be, right? We put an end to that.)

And that's that! A very boring chapter in the pages of RPG history but one that must be traversed if ever oh ever a whiz there was. So we met up with Rin and gained her as a party member, fought some nut with a knife and now, more trouble. So far no major setbacks but hey, Act 1 is the easy part. I'm still technically on training wheels here!

Next time: We finally get that character we got this game to play as!

I know how ranges work. You can use any attack as long as you meet the requirements and the enemy is in range, the thing is though that unlike many other games the supporters range is calculated based on where the first attacker is standing. Also you forgot to mention about core and limit range.
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Blog Entries
    You mean "limit" (yellow) and "core" (red) ranges? I'll get to that the next update. Also, thx on the Off. Support thing. Now Rin can stop screwing with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nitewind View Post
    I know how ranges work. You can use any attack as long as you meet the requirements and the enemy is in range, the thing is though that unlike many other games the supporters range is calculated based on where the first attacker is standing. Also you forgot to mention about core and limit range.
    Artillery style characters confused the hell out of me when I first started playing this. It's also super annoying that, IIRC, range increasing items bump up minimum range in addition to maximum range. Meaning that while yes you can be further from your target, it's also now harder to place your character for bombardments without obsessively checking your range first. And god forbid the enemy moves closer on their turn. I ended up using Kalaido Ruby and getting MP regen on Akiha to use the fire after move skill basically every turn so as to not lose my mind. >.>

Blog Entries

Update 3! I'm not sick anymore!

(Note: I shall never, ever take care of my neighbor's sick kids again.)

Let's Play Battle Moon Wars: Stage 3: "Are you my Master?" gets another spin

: With all the commotion lately, Akiha and Shiki won't be around

(I am taking out most of the honorifics.)

: Thanks to that, my plans are progressing well. I can start mass production of Mech Hisui RX tonight. By using Mech Hisui as a template and removing her unnecessary functions...I can lower production and maintainance costs and also make the AI more efficient. She'll be even better than the current Mech Hisui. Definitely! No matter how unnaturally strong Akiha and Shiki may be...

: (I finally made it here...Tohno's house. What?...My heart's racing.)

: (Though I'd rather have been invited...It's getting a little gloomy. Anyway...I need to sneak in while Tohno is out.)

: (Alright, I can do it!)

: This is the last room. Then, work will be finished for tonight. Akiha and Shiki have not returned yet, and Nee-san is working on something underground again....

Script for this part says "put pic of Tohno living room here. Otherwise, we will take serious consideration in turning you into a giant, mindless bat. :3" It's fun to write for yourself.

Damn.

That is a nice coffee table.

: Ah, Len.

: ...

(She has such a way with words...<3)

: Are you worried, Len?

: Did something just fall...? Maybe from the Underground Kingdom.

: How'd it get here? Who brought it in?...I'm sure I should leave it alone...But my curiosity is getting the better of me...

SCENE CHANGE!!!!

: Oof!

: (I'm in. I better find her before Tohno comes back.)

: Ah? It sounds like something just fell...

: Eh? Eh? Eh? What?

Do the Mario!

*KABOOOOOOOM! (or something to that effect....I still couldn't screencap it. Not like a blank screen is entertaining at all. I think I might just draw a face on it or something.)*

: Waha! What's this strange light?

: I ask you...

: Eh?

HECK YES!

: Ma-Master?

: Correct. I am the Servant, Saber. Are you not the one who summoned me?

: Uhm...I don't understand a thing you're saying. The sword just went "thump!" and then...

: Hrm...

: Once the light stopped shining, you came falling out and...These elipses are getting kind of annoying.

: Oh Japan. You never change.

: I have no idea what happened (well, I am kind of getting used to these things.)

: Then, who are you, and why did I appear here...Did you unintentionally summon me?

: Ahh...I suppose so. You look absolutely nothing like the mail-order house maid I ordered on Amazon.jp. I mean, you're blond and all, but you're much shorter.

: (Again...)

: Ah!

: Now that one was from where Nee-san is.

: Ah, Len. Where are you...she ran off. Perhaps she went to Nee-san? That particular explosion wasn't unusual...but maybe it's something interesting this time.

Just another day at the Tohno household. Explosions, blond women, and mysterious black cats are all old news.

: Uwaa! That was so bright! What's going on?

: Ah! Somebody's there! Maybe it's...

: Haa...(I don't understand.)

: (Master sounds nice, though...Fufu...I never thought something like this would happen to me. But, this is a nice turn of events...I don't know how strong she is, but you can never have too many pawns!)

: What are you thinking? Why does your face seem so dark?

: No, no. It's nothing. Don't you worry about it.

: Is that so? Let us begin. Can you tell me your name? Please call me Saber.

: I am Kohaku, Saber-chan.

: Ch-Chan...!?

: Uh, is that okay? It seemed like the right thing to call you.

: Ah, no. No one has called me that before. I was just slightly confused. If you wish to address me as such, that is fine.

: Yup. I will.

: Firstly, I am a being known as a Servant. Are you aware of magical familiars, Kohaku?

: Uh... I know that Len is Shiki's familiar. A relationship like that might be embarrassing.

: Familiars vary, but they all have a connection between the contractor and the familiar. They are beings who assist their masters.

: Ah...

: Do you understand? You and I are connected.

: I think so.

: Could you think of the connection as a string or a thin pipe?

: That is fine. It is called a Ley Line. It ties the Servant to the Master.

: Haa...

: Using that, I borrow your mana so that I may exist. Therefore, we can sense each other even when we are separated.

: Mana? Do I have any of that?

: If you did not, I would not be here before you. However, because I am here, you must.

: To be accurate, you do not possess mana, but it's something similar.

Goof Troop'd there a little, Werk.

: (It must be my ability as a synchronizer.)

...what?

: And so, you may think of a Servant as a high ranking familiar. Although the mana bond is the only true similarity between the two. We Servants are almost always stronger than our Masters.

: Then, why are you a Servant?

: A Servant cannot exist in this world alone. Thus, we must depend on someone else in order to maintain our existence.

: You would really go that far to be here?

: Yes, but I am not the only Servant. There are other Masters and Servants, all with the same goal.

: What's that?

: That is...

MEANWHILE, SOMEWHERE ELSE!

: Nee-san, is everything okay? I'm coming in!

: Found her!

: You... You are...

: I'm sorry. If you come quietly, I won't hurt you, but I'll force you to come with me if I have to.

: Huh? What are you...

: Dang...I knew asking so suddenly wouldn't work.

And this is why you don't have a route, Sacchin.

: I'm sorry!

*knock!*

: I have to run for it now.

*Warning siren blares!*

: !

I'm assuming these are gasps. I don't know how one "exclamation marks".

: Kohaku! What is the meaning of this?

: K...Kohaku. What was that strange doll?

: That's Mech Hisui. I'm still developing and improving her. She's my secret weapon for the Tohno Family Takeover Plan. To make Akiha relax her guard, she's just used for household security right now. And for massage therapy.

: M-Mech? Takeover? Is she any good at that last part? The massage, I mean.

: You have no idea. This is more important! If Akiha's house is ruined, you don't even want to know what she'll do to me. We need to follow Mech Hisui!

: I do understand, but if you go, then I shall follow. Perhaps other Servants have arrived.

: What...? What's that? A...robot?

No shit?

: No, this is no time to be surprised. I've got to get away...

OUTSIDE!!!!

: H...Hisui!

: (I am too unconscious to respond.)

: Another Kohaku?

: Well, sometimes I dress up and pretend to be her...Anyway, Hisui's my younger twin sister! She's very important!

: Ah, I see. I must help her!

: (Wah...Now what? I've been completely found out. And there's a foreigner I don't know, too...Who could she be? She couldn't have something to do with Tohno, right...?) I...If I have to...

: If you will not return her...

: (I'm caught.)

Pictured: Saber's game face.

Not pictured: Satsuki's increasingly yellowing undergarments.

: No way...

: Ah, yes...Thank you very much. You're a lot nicer than everyone says you a--

: Yeah, whatever.

*Sacchin retreats with the maid and MECH HISUI follows suit.*

: Hisuiiiiiii!

: Damn it!

: I won't let you follow them, Saber.

Mooks ahoy!

: Caster, why are you here?

: Speak for yourself. That isn't something you should be saying when this is your third time.

: However, you and I are not the only classes summoned...

: Fufufu...Who said it? "That is no such thing as chance. There is only inevitability." That's how it is.

: Saber-chan, talk later! Hurry up and rescue Hisui!

: Ah! That's right. My apologies, Kohaku. I will finish this at once!

: Yup, please do. My medicines can heal you. The side effects...not so much.

: I can deal with a little rash and dry throat, thank you.

: It's more like explosive diarrhea.

: Hah! Is that all? I used to get that every other weekend since I was ten years old!

: Wtf?

: I'll explain later.

[I]
    Alright, so....yeah. I'm just gonna be brief.

We.

Get.

SABER.

Fate/stay night battle theme: Swat Metal

And Kohaku, I guess. She's pretty neat.

In the wise words of someone who has seen many a Star Fox 64 quote:

Stop it. Those got old really, really fast.

Where was I?

Oh, right. Fighting monsters or whatever.

Decisions, decisions...

Kohaku--aside from being our first ever healer--can buff your characters if she stands next to them. A good thing to know is that, while the buffs themselves are kinda tiny, they stack. UNFORTULUCKILY, Kohaku only carries about four gigantic syringes per buff so it would be a good idea to just issue one per character. Or use all four on Saber, but time's a-wastin'.

So have fun.

Saber may be a tank that can blow up other tanks--and usually everything in between--but it's still a three-on-one with the Getters. She'll wipe in one turn unless you make liberal use of the Defend action when it's their turn. You lose if you lose anyone so don't be reckless or HEY YOU HAVE TO START ALL OVER!

(And I wouldn't wish that fate on my worst enemies.)

ANYWHOO!

Very instant turn 2 comes around...

That, miss, is the sound of Saber killing everyone who would dare touch her precious.

We get reinforcements in the form of the prodigal magus herself and....some girl Akiha knew back in middle school.

: Sa-Saber! And Caster! So then, it's true...

: Rin! I never expected to see you again.

: Rin, do you know her?

: Yeah, we fought together some time ago.

: Shouldn't we help them then?

: Obviously. I mean, really, no kidding? Are you seriously thinking we would just leave the battlefield to go water a garden or something?

: Alright, geez...

(I got sidetracked at this point whilst playing. It was in the same folder as all my battle moon wars screencaps so I thought "eh, why not?")

After rough housing some anime references whose existence in this game I cannot fathome, Saber will be a bit battered. Kohaku comes to lend a healing hand. Feel free to go wild with Kohaku's healing SP as well as her natural healing ability.

Now fixed up, Saber naturally goes back to doing what she was put on this Earth to do.

Couldn't screencap the whole thing. Just imagine the Death Star laser and you'll emulate what Haruna was likely feeling at the time (she dodged, though).

One more turn to defeat Caster and her lacky. He dies.

In an invariably pathetic way without honor, dignity or respect: death by support unit

But now it's time for the finale...

Alderaan is so FUCKED.

Haruna attacks and brings CASTAH down to 5000-something. Oh look, Saber still hasn't attacked yet!

Merlin has taught you well, young king.

Caster normally retreats at about 1/10 her health but it is very possible to defeat her. In fact, it's pretty easy. Make sure you do, cuz Saber needs some lovely XPs.

Cutscene Land won't protect you for long, Caster...

: (She doesn't seem to be a mage, but that's Saber, so she's got to be.)

And apparently Rin has learned nothing from her adventures in Fate/stay night.

: Yes, Kohaku!

: They're gone. Rin, should we follow?

: Of course we should! Saber's master looks like an amateur. And we're not doing it cuz I like her or anything.

: Okay, now we're talking!

Well, that was schmalty.

Now I said I'd talk about the "Core" and "not core" damage ranges but actually there's a stage we'll come across after the next one that delves into the issue with its level design. Amongst other things.

So we got Saber and Kohaku and now we have to rescue Hisui from a not-love interest.

(Oh how ironic this will be in a matter of time ^^^^)

NEXT TIME: A REALLY ANNOYING LEVEL AND A CHARACTER REFERENCE MY PUNY AMERICAN BRAIN CAN COMPREHEND!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Aside, use Irfanview for screenshots.

It is neater.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Okay:

Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Aside, use Irfanview for screenshots.

It is neater.
    Screenhunter has an image editor. I just keep not using it. =p that Kohaku pic is staying at that size, darn you!!!

(or did you mean just in general? Cuz those "are" a little big and i used an online program to downsize the portraits. I think I goofed on Caster, though. >_>)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    (In General) Irfan just takes the program window no image editing required. See

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Oh that. I'll try it.

Blog Entries

Update on 4 on hold

I'm not sick this time. Promise.

Working on some oc for the Let's Play to make it look purdy.

That's about it. Hope this turns out great.
    Spoiler:

According to this chart, I have sexual urges towards Sion. Sounds about right.