Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: [FF] Trinity IV: The Tournament (Type-Moon/Harry Potter X-over)

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    Missed some.
    Got 'em all, thanks. That should be the last of them, because it's the last of the reposts. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    YES! It has been revived!
    Yup - now we'll see if I can regain my momentum.

Oh geez, they're all scary.
    Absolutely.

Whoa, Dumbledore. Manipulative old bastard.
    But it's For the Greater Good . . .

Seiba's back!
    Even leaving aside her profound effect on Shirou and Galen, I'm a fan, and they're in England - I can't not do a cameo from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    “Yeah - I did need the talk, I guess. And however you got here, the Room was right - you, I would*listen to.” He smiled. “My thanks for putting up with me, Milady.”
    Whups! Wot's tha' doin' thar?

Ahem. That aside, I was kinda surprised that Galen didn't take that as Hermione choosing Ron over him, period dot. She just begged for his life- okay, she was actually begging for Galen's, because he'd end up in Azkaban or just put down, but he seems to twist things in his head.

EDIT: Oh, and I"m calling it now- Shirou, at the bottom of the lake, for everyone. Nobody else.
    Last edited by ringlhach; March 30th, 2011 at 01:57 AM.

Oh I've been waiting for this to come back up.

Glad to see Galen got some sense talked into him. I was kinda worried he'd gone to do something stupid when he disappeared. Thank you RoR. Your gift is gratefully received. *bows*

Bad Dumbly-dorr is bad Dumb-ydorr.
    I think the ones who'll be dumped inside the lake will be Shirou, Fleur and Luna. Dunno would be chosen for Takara... Ginny? Galen? :/

Well, think about it...

Shirou for Ilya is obvious. He's Neville's idol, and along with Galen, he's one of Takara's best friends. The only person more convenient would be her little brother- but I don't see either of her parents letting that happen. Galen is (a) a werewolf, (b) an acknowledged whiz at counterspells, and (c) both evil-tempered and powerful enough to mess up whoever tries to stick him down there.

We don't know enough about Rin, though. On one hand, in their home 'verse, they may have been lovers, depending on the route, and as EMIYA, he was her Servant. Fleur might make more sense for her, now that I think about it... but it wouldn't be as funny.

EVERYONE GRAB A LIMB AND PULL~!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ringlhach View Post
    Whups! Wot's tha' doin' thar?
    Got it - I don't know what causes those. They seem to appear at random when I transfer my documents to the board. I really should ask a mod about it.

Ahem. That aside, I was kinda surprised that Galen didn't take that as Hermione choosing Ron over him, period dot. She just begged for his life- okay, she was actually begging for Galen's, because he'd end up in Azkaban or just put down, but he seems to twist things in his head.
    Too soon - he's waiting for the sudden turnaround in sixth year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeranion View Post
    Glad to see Galen got some sense talked into him. I was kinda worried he'd gone to do something stupid when he disappeared.
    Nope, just violent - it might be a matter of degrees, but he is better than he was.

EDIT: Oh, and I"m calling it now- Shirou, at the bottom of the lake, for everyone. Nobody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by FcS View Post
    I think the ones who'll be dumped inside the lake will be Shirou, Fleur and Luna. Dunno would be chosen for Takara... Ginny? Galen? :/
    Well, think about it...

Shirou for Ilya is obvious. He's Neville's idol, and along with Galen, he's one of Takara's best friends. The only person more convenient would be her little brother- but I don't see either of her parents letting that happen. Galen is (a) a werewolf, (b) an acknowledged whiz at counterspells, and (c) both evil-tempered and powerful enough to mess up whoever tries to stick him down there.

We don't know enough about Rin, though. On one hand, in their home 'verse, they may have been lovers, depending on the route, and as EMIYA, he was her Servant. Fleur might make more sense for her, now that I think about it... but it wouldn't be as funny.

*chuckle* God, I hope I can live up to expectations here - I may have to do an omake (or more than one) just to cover all the possibilities.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Still no proper talk tsun talk something with Rin...

Blog Entries
    Call it "building suspense."

. . . Speaking of building suspense, I wonder - how many of you figured out who Galen was talking to before I mentioned her name?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I accidentally read the comments before reading the chapter, so I had been spoiled.

Not at all what he’d expected, but it wasn’t the truly surprising part. The second chair was occupied. Given his mood, it would have made sense to see her equipped for battle, prepared to give and take punishment - mostly give, honestly. But her blue skirt and white shirt were devoid of any armour, and she delicately held a cup of tea in her hand, instead of a weapon. Clearly, battle was not on the agenda.
    I get a nagging feeling with this

and caught on with this.

Her eyes opened again, and focussed on him. “The question is a simple one. You are aware of my life and its history, after all - so I ask of you, am I happy?”

“No - you’re too driven to be happy.”

“And you know why that is.”

“Yes.”

Suddenly blazing eyes glared at him. “Then why, by all that is sacred, do you seem so intent on repeating my mistakes?”

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    even if it's a cameo. hell yes. Saber.
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, the blue skirt and white shirt were a bit of a giveaway.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle B.B. Rain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Originally Posted by ringlhach
    Originally Posted by FcS
    Originally Posted by ringlhach
    Well, think about it...

*chuckle* God, I hope I can live up to expectations here - I may have to do an omake (or more than one) just to cover all the possibilities.
    And thus, in a panicked rush to have a proper second task (and shortly before that, avoid a castle-destroying catfight over whether Illya or Rin get to take him to the ball), Albus Dumbledore, Galen Salvatore, and Hermione Granger set aside their differences and perfect cloning overnight. Or Dumbledore massively abuses short term time-travel and memory charms on Shirou, whichever.

As for the conversation...The clothes-armor waylaid me. Instead of continuing to read, I spent the next few minutes going back and forth over the previous few paragraphs trying to figure out where the site chopped your mention of Saber, figuring it was either that or I absent-mindidly skipped over her name. Then I realised you didn't neccesarily have to have her name period, or at the start of her scene, and went back to reading.

As for your response to my originally posted Galen-tricky-fixer-upper-false-arguement...Wow. Good thing he can't read the boards. Or something. Maybe just good that I have you as a filter between my big mouth and his crazy self-destructive-doubt?
    Last edited by B.B. Rain; March 30th, 2011 at 01:08 PM.

Dumbledork seems to be this world's answer to A Wizard Did It. Besides, what's causality, anyway?

A cheap cop-out when people spend too much time questioning the Saber or Archer/Shirou 5th war hijinks?

Blog Entries
    DISCLAIMER: Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of Kinoko Nasu and Type-Moon, along with anyone who's happened to license them, like Geneon or Funimation. Harry Potter and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of J.K. Rowling, along with her publishers and Warner Bros., as regards the movie material.

This is a not-for-profit, just-for-fun project.

Writer's Note: Certain dialogue sequences in this story are lifted from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but I trust in the intelligence of my readers (and the availability of the books) to recognise them when they see them.

Chapter 13 - Reactions

November 1 - 3, 1994

No one was in a particularly pleasant mood the next day. The murderous rage seemed to have passed, but everyone’s emotions were nonetheless particularly fragile, and so they did some no-contact sparring, for fear that even light contact would cause someone’s control to slip, and cause serious injury. Ginny was particularly displeased, and when she managed to corner her youngest brother before breakfast, she took pains to let him know it.

“You are the most thick-headed, insensitive git to walk the face of the earth,” the youngest Weasley hissed. “It’s bad enough you threw a jealous tantrum over not being chosen for a contest you couldn’t enter, but to actually accuse Neville and Takara of cheating - and in front of us . . .!

“And that’s the bloody problem!” Ron exploded. “They’ve got you brainsoaped, Gin - you’re a Weasley, not one of them!”

“It's 'brainwashed' - and if I wasn’t a Weasley, Mum would be arranging your funeral this morning!” she fired back. “No one is happy about Takara and Neville’s competing, Ron, and they were looking for someone to take it out on - Galen, especially. He’s never liked you - ”

“Bloody mutual, that is,” her brother spat.

“And he’d love to have an excuse to hurt you,” Ginny finished, as though he hadn’t spoken. “Last night, he’d have torn you apart with his bare hands, and Takara and Shirou were right behind him - the only two people on the planet I can think of who could stop him, and they were just as ready to rip you to pieces. Did you feel what happened then, Ron? Do you understand what pissing them off means?”

She gave him a searching look, hoping that somewhere, the brain that was so good at using chess strategies could comprehend the level of danger he’d almost brought down on himself last night.

“They were ready to kill you, Ron - and if there’s a next time, they probably will, because I can’t think of anyone who could stand up to that kind of power, that kind of focus. So for the love of Merlin, Morgana, and any other witch or wizard you want to invoke - shut up and stay away. Don’t ever give them a reason to come after you again, because Galen said that even Hermione couldn’t make him stop more than once. And if the other two side with him, I don’t think there’s a witch or wizard on the planet who can stop them.”

Ginny whirled and left, and really hoped her brother would listen to her. She wasn’t happy with him right now - or most times, really - but as she’d said to Takara, he was her brother, and she loved Ron even if she didn’t like him very much. And until last night, she’d never been so scared for him in her life. Then again, she’d never been so scared of her friends before, either.

The youngest Weasley had always known that Takara and the boys were different. She knew, even if she didn’t fully understand, that they were from some kind of alternate future, where they’d been older and more skilled. And they’d always seemed to have an edge in power - their problems mastering the Patronus Charm had more to do with their state of mind than any lack of raw ability (heck, Galen still couldn’t do a full Patronus). But until last night, Ginny had never fully appreciated how different her friends really were.

Hogwarts is over a thousand years old. It was created by four of the most legendary magic users in history, and the protections on it, according to Dad, have been added to by each Headmaster. It’s never fallen to anyone or any thing in all that time, and is supposed to be more secure than the Ministry itself . . . But Gryffindor Tower was trembling under the weight of their combined power last night. If they’d unleashed it, I think they could’ve destroyed the entire castle as easily as I could kick over an anthill - and they’re nowhere near the full maturity of their power yet.

Ginny, along with everyone else in Gryffindor house, had been forcibly shown that Galen wasn’t the only monster in her circle of friends - just the most obvious one. The eldest three members of the “Scarlet Seven” (she’d long since resigned herself to the nickname) carried themselves cautiously at times, but without a hint of fear, and now she understood exactly why that was.

With that much power, what should they be afraid of? Malfoy? He’s a joke - I could take him, and those three could blast him to the Moon, even without their combat training. Dumbledore? He’s tricky, but he’s also old - and he can’t be any more powerful than that, he just can’t! Plus, there are three of them, so they’ve got him outnumbered. The only other possible wizard who could threaten them is You-Know-Who . . .

Ginny considered that for a moment, and then found a slight smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.

I think I’d pay every Galleon I have to watch that fight - from a safe distance, of course. But wouldn’t it be something to see?

As she headed to breakfast, Ginny considered the implications of last night. She realised that there were basically two ways she could react to it. First, she could be afraid - very afraid - and discouraged. Not only had Galen and Shirou shown themselves to be vastly more powerful than she’d ever dreamed, Takara had demonstrated similar ability, and proved that no matter how hard she tried, Ginny would never achieve her dream of being just like her. She was strong, but not - and would never be - that strong. And knowing how powerful the three of them were, just contemplating the possibility of their turning that power on her was downright terrifying.

On the other hand, as Luna had once said, there was a certain comfort in knowing that such terrifying power was ready and waiting to be used against anyone who harmed her. That was, after all, what had prompted last night’s display in the first place - Ron’s inability to either grow up or keep his mouth shut, which had led to his badmouthing Neville and Takara. The three of them would be no less fierce against anyone who hurt her, Ginny knew. In fact, they’d probably be worse - being one of the group’s youngest members had its drawbacks, but one of the benefits was that all the older kids tended to dote on her and Luna. They wouldn’t let her get hurt if they could help it, and they’d make whoever did hurt her pay dearly for it.

And, Ginny admitted, she’d always been outclassed. She was athletic, sure - but not in Takara’s or Shirou’s league. She was far from stupid, but Hermione and Luna could think rings around her. Magical power she had, but compared to Galen she might as well have been a Squib, a comparison which seemed even more accurate now. Even her Animagus form wasn’t that impressive - she couldn’t fly, and she lacked the size and strength of Neville or Hermione, to say nothing of the speed that Hermione (and Galen) were capable of. Her senses were sharp, but so were everyone else’s. No, all in all, she really wasn’t that special, and in that sense, she could understand some of Ron’s bitterness. It was hard, being the one who was nothing special - especially since she was very special to her family, as the youngest child and only girl.

But as she entered the Great Hall, Ginny found her decision very easy to make. They - all of them - were seated in their usual spot at one end of the Gryffindor table, with an empty chair, waiting for her. Eyes which were particularly attuned to movement tracked the opening motion of the doors to her entrance, and she was greeted with a profusion of welcoming smiles, or at least nods in the case of her less intimate or more distracted friends. It was clear that whatever else had changed as a result of last night, she was still expected - still wanted.

And so it was with a smile that Ginny sat with them, pleased to see Takara smile across from her, and feel Hermione’s fingers brush against her arm as part of her customary way of saying “hello.”

“Everything all right?” Shirou asked her, as Neville and Luna glanced at her in anticipation of her response.

“I think Ron will keep his gob shut from now on,” Ginny said with a hopeful grin.

“Good,” the trinity of older students said, Shirou and Takara sporting matching smirks.

Galen slid her copy of The Monster Book of Monsters over to her. “You’ll want to reread the section I’ve marked before you start your Care of Magical Creatures lesson, Ginny - and if Hagrid doesn’t tell you to wear your dragonhide gloves, remind him that you should be.”

Ginny glanced at the feral book, which seemed to be gnawing on a strip of leather, but otherwise purring contentedly as it looked at her with glittering eyes. Galen did have an undeniable knack for soothing the savage tome - it hadn’t given her anywhere near the trouble Ron had complained about last year.

“Will do,” she said aloud. “And thanks.”

Galen grinned. “No problem.”

A very easy decision to make, indeed, Ginny thought to herself, pleased.

“So, what did I miss down here?” she asked brightly.

Hermione bit her lip nervously as she stood outside the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom. Never having been assigned a detention before, this was entirely new territory for her - and the fact that Professor Moody was the one overseeing it made her uneasy on several other levels. Like Snape, she couldn’t dispute that the man knew his subject intimately, but neither could she say the man had both oars in the water. He was constantly hammering at them on the subject of vigilance in class, proclaiming that the world was a very dangerous place, and they needed to be on high alert at all times - and taking steps to demonstrate that fact to them. It was a view she found pessimistic, if not outright paranoid - but her friends took him very seriously, which meant she couldn’t dismiss him out of hand.

She instinctively moved a little closer to Galen, and struggled to hide her dismay when she felt him tense, and then gradually relax. He’d been closed-mouthed on where he’d disappeared to the night before, and why - but she could feel the wall between them again. He was instinctively retreating behind it, and then forcing himself to open up . . . And she couldn’t be certain why he was performing either action.

Is he ashamed that he lost control? He’s always been so afraid of hurting one of us - and if there was ever a time when it might’ve happened, last night was it. I never knew he could be that angry . . . Not even with the troll.

Embracing him last night had been like grabbing onto the static electricity generator they displayed at the science museum she’d visited in primary school - Hermione had felt his power crackle over her. She’d always known that Galen was a powerful wizard (no one who could throw a troll that weighed over thirty-five stone at least ten metres could be anything else), but she hadn’t really realised that Takara and Shirou were at least on par with him. And it hadn’t been a simple addition - the union of their magical energies seemed to produce a geometric increase.

Maybe he’s afraid of what he might do to me, if he got angry enough . . . And, she admitted to herself, maybe he’s right to be.

Hermione had nowhere near the kind of power her friends had displayed, and she likely never would. If it had come down to a full-out fight against them, they’d have been scraping her pieces off the common room walls afterward. The thought send a shiver through her - until this point, she had frequently been afraid for Galen - but never of him. Now that the thought had been planted, it made her sad . . . And the person she would normally go to for reassurance was the cause of her distress.

I can’t ever tell him this. If he even suspects that I’m afraid, he’ll vanish - “for my own good,” of course, but I’ll never see him again. And that would be worse.

. . . Maybe if I’m lucky, tonight’s detention will be sufficiently traumatic that I can actually talk Galen into a “fur therapy” session before bed.

They’d been rare last year - only on Hallowe’en and once before exams, when she was exceedingly stressed - but nothing soothed her mind like the gentle warmth of his fingers running down her spine, or scratching her chin and ears. The feel of his body against her back as he rubbed her shoulders was heavenly . . . As a human, of course, it would thoroughly improper (though, she suspected, quite satisfying), but her lioness body wasn’t human, and it revelled in the closeness, the physical contact - craved it, even. And she didn’t find her mind racing as much as a lioness - what mattered then were simpler things. It was much easier to relax, and let her cares drift away for a while . . . Like a long soak in a hot bubble bath.

“Time to go in,” Takara noted. “You want to take this one first, Galen?”

He shrugged, and drew his wand. Hermione was about to say something about surpassing the limits of reasonable paranoia, when Galen cast threw open the door and cast a Shield Charm - just in time to stop a trio of rapid Stunners.

Oh yes, Hermione thought. I’m apparently very lucky tonight.

“You’ve got brains,” Moody said. “You’ve got power, and some training, and from what I hear, probably the devil’s own luck as well. But luck runs out, and that’s when you need skill if you’re going to make it through. And I plan to beat it into you, so you’d better pay attention - especially you two!

He whirled on Neville and Takara, affixing them with a glare that bordered on the malevolent.

Somebody’s gone to a lot of trouble to set up one or both of you,” he continued, “which means if you’re going to get yourselves out of it, you need to be alert, aware, and prepared for anything. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!”

“I thought you weren’t allowed to help the champions, Professor,” Ginny said carefully.

Moody snorted. “With two underage champions competing from one school, I’d say the rule book’s already been fed to the dragons - and if you think those other two Heads aren’t working directly with their students to give them every possible advantage, you’ve better lose that naive attitude fast. Cheating’s as much a tradition in this Tournament as anything else, Weasley - the trick lies in not getting caught at it.” He smiled grimly, adding, “Besides, I don’t give a damn whether they win or not, so long as they survive.

“So with that in mind, the first thing you’re going to show me is what you can really do,” Moody continued. “Not everything - that’s your first lesson, that only a damned fool shows every card they’ve got - but I figure I’m safe betting my other eye that you lot are capable of more than I see in this room during class hours. We’ve got a limited amount of time, and if we’re going to make the most of it, I need to know what I’m really working with.”

He scowled at them. “Flitwick tells me he trained at least three of you, and the rest of you hold your wands like you know what to do with them - so pair off, and start duelling. And fight like you mean it.”

Hermione automatically squared off against Neville, her usual duelling partner. Not that she didn’t duel everyone else, but he and she had been training for longer than Ginny and Luna, in addition to being older, giving them a certain advantage against either girl - and the trinity often took it upon themselves to spar two-on-one, which neither of them felt comfortable doing yet. But with their uneven numbers, Takara’s speed, and Galen’s defences, it was often easier for those three to practice that way.

And if Professor Moody wants to see what we can really do, this is the best configuration. Ginny and Luna are roughly an even match, as are Neville and I - and the other three can really only let loose against each other.

The memory of Gryffindor Tower shaking in the face of their combined magic surfaced again, and Hermione restrained a shudder.

Yes, I have to ask him for fur therapy tonight - otherwise, I may never sleep soundly again.

Accio textbook,” Shirou said firmly, and snatched it out of the air when it zoomed towards him. This spell, he had to admit, was damned useful - he could think of more than one occasion in his life when having the ability to cast it would’ve been a literal lifesaver. And certainly, it had saved Galen’s life last year, so its utility hadn’t faded with the change in universes.

Neither, it seemed, had his own knack for finding trouble.

Things in Gryffindor had been relatively tense the last couple of days. Shirou didn’t think for a moment that the house had suddenly changed its mind about Takara and Neville’s forcing their way into the Tournament - but no one had the guts to say so out loud any longer. Between their display in the Great Hall, Galen’s work in the common room, and the surge of wild, angry magic that set the tower shaking . . . No, any Gryffindor who still believed that their champions had somehow cheated their way in didn’t dare say so, for fear that they might be overheard. To be fair, nobody on the Quidditch team believed it, now - but Shirou had to wonder whether or not that was the fear talking in their case, too.

Still, Neville seemed able to deal with conversations stopping as he entered a room better than outright dislike, especially since they tried to make sure he was never alone. The others could see them as bodyguards or babysitters if they wanted - but even though Galen’s theory of how Neville got entered made sense on paper, they’d all agreed it was better to assume that the would-be assassin was in the castle, and ensure that Neville wasn’t easy to get to.

Better to be paranoid than wrong again, Shirou thought grimly. Especially if this goes as far as second year did to make us wrong.

Relations with the other houses were trickier. The Slytherins were appalled, of course - Hogwarts represented by a Gryffindor, and a half-blood at that? Absurd! And the fourth champion who managed to cheat his way into the Tournament also a Gryffindor, and not a Slytherin? Shameful! The Ravenclaws, on the other hand, believed it was all trickery, and seemed more annoyed that they couldn’t figure out how it was done. Especially as Takara’s reputation was primarily as a Quidditch player, and Neville’s as a Herbology student, if he was thought of around the school at all. On the other hand, Takara had been one of their Head of House’s duelling students, so any Ravenclaw inclined to snark about it was very careful to say nothing in Professor Flitwick’s hearing.

The bigger surprise was Hufflepuff - or maybe it shouldn’t have been. The house renowned for loyalty had thrown its complete support behind Neville and Takara, with banners appearing at their house table, smiles and well-wishes in the corridors, and active arguing with the Slytherins who tried anything when they were around. Shirou was somewhat curious about the ferocious stance, so in the break between morning classes, he tracked down Cedric Diggory, whom he knew Quidditch matches against Hufflepuff, to ask about it.

The prefect shrugged. “There’s a bunch of reasons - first, Professor Sprout sat us all down after the Hallowe’en feast and explained what had happened. Something or someone hexed the Goblet of Fire, or it would never have chosen an underage champion. Whether or not it was Neville, I don’t know - but a bunch of the fourth-years say it’s more likely that somebody played a prank on him, and now he’s stuck with it. I mean, supposedly his grades have improved this year, but he’s not exactly a genius when it comes to magic, is he? And Takara’s brilliant at Defence and Potions, but fourth-year spells against the Goblet of Fire?”

He shook his head. “Wouldn’t happen. Now, Hermione Granger, sure - I could see her getting past Dumbledore’s Age Line, or Moody’s runes - but why would she stick Takara or Neville with competing in the Tournament? And besides the fourth-years, there’s also us Quidditch players. Takara’s a bloody nightmare on a broomstick to go against, but she plays as fair as any of us. And her parents are bloody Aurors - for Merlin’s sake, I remember her mother teaching us Defence a couple of years ago, and I have no doubt she’d skin Takara alive for pulling a stunt like this. Since Takara has to know it too, there’s no way she deliberately put her name in.”

Cedric grinned. “And, like it or not, those two are now our official champions - who are we going to cheer for, if not them? Granted, mate, your sister’s a looker and all, but it just wouldn’t be right to root for Durmstrang over Hogwarts.”

Shirou grinned back. “Well, we appreciate it - we’re going to have enough stress dealing with the bloody tournament, we don’t need every student in the school turned against us, too.”

“And we didn’t really need a war in the Hufflepuff dorms, either.” Cedric chuckled at Shirou’s quizzical look, and explained, “Between them, Neville and Takara ferried almost half of Hufflepuff’s first years across the lake this year. None of them believe that anybody nice enough to keep them warm and dry in that miserable storm would cheat like that - and the ones the rest of your little group got are inclined to believe Neville and Takara because you obviously do. I’d have a heck of a time keeping the peace as a prefect if the first-years started a feud with most of the rest of the house. So, being supportive is a lot easier on my nerves, too.”

Shirou smirked. “Good to know.”

Cedric paused. “. . . I don’t suppose you could put in a good word for me with your sister, could you?”

Shirou shrugged. “Sure, but I can’t guarantee it’ll do any good. Ilya tends to make up her own mind about things.”

Which was true enough, as far as it went - and it wouldn’t set the rumour mill flying about his sister wanting to date him.

According to Galen and Takara, we’ll get enough of that when Miss Rita Skeeter arrives . . .

As Shirou hurried across the courtyard to his Transfiguration lesson, he caught a glimpse of pale blue and froze.

Rin was sitting on one of the benches, seemingly oblivious to the November chill, her eyes intently studying the book in her hands - it looked like the magical theory text they’d been assigned in first year. Fleur Delacour - her sister, he corrected himself - sat beside her, watching her just as intently, though her head tilted around occasionally, as though she was making sure they were alone. So far, Shirou hadn’t been spotted - he was half-hidden by a support column, and his distance vision might have been better than hers.

What are they doing that they don’t want anyone to see? he wondered.

The answer wasn’t long in coming. Rin set the book down, gripped her wand, and muttered something that even he couldn’t make out, waving it in the book’s direction.

Those movements . . . The Hover Charm? Why would she be studying a first-year spell so deeply?

. . . And why didn’t it
    work?

Rin all but hurled her wand to the ground, obviously frustrated. Fleur moved in closer, obscuring his view as she embraced the Tohsaka heir.

Something is very wrong . . . But she wouldn’t tell me if I asked, and I don’t have time to investigate now.

Still, Shirou kept it in mind as he hurried along to Ancient Runes. He knew it was liable to be important, later.

Not that anything involving Rin isn’t important, he thought wryly to himself. But now’s just not the time . . . Story of my life.

And with that thought, he turned another corner, reluctantly leaving the two girls behind.
    Last edited by Kieran; May 7th, 2011 at 10:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Proving that Hufflepuff is, in fact, the Bro house.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They can choose to be bros of your foes, though.

Uh oh... Looks to me like Rin isn't compatible with the Harry Potter universe brand of magic. If that's the case, I'm curious about what she'll do to get through the tasks or if she'll instead be limited to her Jewel magic and Gandr...

Uh....It's been a while, so I don't remember the details from the discussions on the old Lair, but wasn't it concluded that a Nasu-verse mage was crazy powerful compared to a Potter-verse mage? Even if she isn't as versitile, or a Servent, or Nanaya, or Grail, wouldn't a Tohsaka Rin in possession of her original magic be a huge game-changer?