Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: A Message to Mike1984 from the Mod Team

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RR121 View Post
    Hey, its better than when they're talking about relationships. Then its just sad.
    Yeah it's almost as sad as when that Fshy guy brags about how he's an IRC expert.

What was his BL username again, I forget.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I'm sure creationists think they're being very rational when they express their opinion regarding the origin of Earth and explain why they think what others believe is wrong.
    Perhaps, but they're not. What I said there was actually entirely rational, and several other people agreed with me on that. I was a bit harsh on IRUn, but my basic complaint was valid.

Blog Entries
    #notes was made to be a channel about the notes RP. People kept joining, and that rp is dead. They still come, and they happen to be from beast's lair. That does not make it a beast's lair channel, and it should have no bearing on your complaints about beast's lair. It's like complaining about a place across town that happens to have people you know in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Yeah it's almost as sad as when that Fshy guy brags about how he's an IRC expert.

I loled.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    #notes was made to be a channel about the notes RP. People kept joining, and that rp is dead. They still come, and they happen to be from beast's lair. That does not make it a beast's lair channel, and it should have no bearing on your complaints about beast's lair. It's like complaining about a place across town that happens to have people you know in it.
    It does matter when DP starts giving out privileges to people on there....

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    ...you sadden me by this, Santo. :/
    Lyco: ;A;

Santo: :U Delicious delicious tears.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I still want my purple name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
    I still want my purple name.
    You can't have it.

Because purple poisons the Soul. :V

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    It does matter when DP starts giving out privileges to people on there....
    Not really, no. Think of it like running into your boss (assuming he doesn't hate you) in a coffee shop.

And even though I agree on the name thing, I has absolutely nothing to do with how you decide to comport yourself here.
    Last edited by Neir; October 23rd, 2012 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I want a purple name too.

Is this the lineup for purple names?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    Not really, no. Think of it like running into your boss (assuming he doesn't hate you) in a coffee shop.

And even though I agree on the name thing, I has absolutely nothing to do with how you decide to comport yourself here.
    DP talking on #notes is fine (it would be exceptionally hypocritical of me to complain about people talking to admins off-forum...), the problem I have was solely him giving out privileges based on it, and even then I didn't consider it that big a thing.

Hey. Hey, hey. Everybody not talking about Mike's "last warning", please take it to the 7th. I don't even know why this is still active. As the message is addressed to Mike, why should it be public, and why should all of us (including myself) be putting our own opinions into this?

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No, but I have the right to express my opinion of their actions.
    Then why are you here right now? Why does this topic exist, with you on the hot seat and the spot light? Why are people telling you that you are scaring new fanfic writers away, that you are rude to the mods, that you flame other members, that you don't change and generally that you are regarded as pariah to this forum, someone who should be banned? I could state my opinion about something without resorting to connotative language, anyone can do so. So, if you are simply expressing an opinion, then why are you accused of such things? Even I could attest to your modus operandi, Mike. Why does this topic exist, then?

Rational means reasoned. It doesn't mean you aren't defending a belief.
    Defending a belief need not to be heated and laden of name-calling.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    Hey. Hey, hey. Everybody not talking about Mike's "last warning", please take it to the 7th. I don't even know why this is still active. As the message is addressed to Mike, why should it be public, and why should all of us (including myself) be putting our own opinions into this?
    Its simple enough, there were several valid reasons to take this public, but the most obvious was the simple fact that it would have been made so anyway, had we sent it privately, shortly thereafter some rage at the machine style blog or thread would have been created thereafter anyway, likely filled with a text wall litany of complaints that would make the OP of this thread look like a footnote, so we saved time and preempted that step. Plus it was better that our greviances were posted in a single continuous statement as opposed to separated and parsed out as mike would have undoubtedly done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post

You know, for the life of me, I can't remember...
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi
    [18:56] <Satehi> I will never leave Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru
    [12:28:01] <Lian|work> I'm not a shotacon!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt -- Abraham Lincoln

Join Mafia 5 - A great game for losing friends and making enemies!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Its simple enough, there were several valid reasons to take this public, but the most obvious was the simple fact that it would have been made so anyway, had we sent it privately, shortly thereafter some rage at the machine style blog or thread would have been created thereafter anyway, likely filled with a text wall litany of complaints that would make the OP of this thread look like a footnote, so we saved time and preempted that step. Plus it was better that our greviances were posted in a single continuous statement as opposed to separated and parsed out as mike would have undoubtedly done.
    Maybe that would have happened, maybe not. But, if you had made it private, it would at least have demonstrated that you were doing this to actually try to resolve the issue rather than to threaten me. By publicising it, you have ensured that there is no way to negotiate this or discuss this. It is just a set of demands which I have to obey or else, and if you do not stick to what you've said you're just inviting criticism.

You claim you want a "civil discussion", and yet you posted this in a form that makes that almost impossible to achieve.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    yeah, i have to admit mike's right here, regardless of your intentions, this format shoots any resolution in the foot
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    See, what has upset me the most about all of this is the way Altima has lied to me throughout the process. He came on MSN a few days ago and said "we need to have a talk, it'll be serious", and then said "no, it's not threatening". Then, a day later, he said "forget it, we're still talking about what to say". Then, he just acted like nothing was happening whilst they were obviously planning to drop this bombshell on me.

OK, I can understand their reasoning for making it public, because it almost certainly would have come out eventually, but I still think it was extremely unfair of them to just post it straight away without talking to me first. Particularly given that one of the main drivers for this was me doing exactly that with IRUn. If it's so bad for me to make a blog post about IRUn without giving him time to respond, then why is it OK for them to post a final warning to me without giving me a chance to respond or discuss it?

Blog Entries
    It was the right move to make. You say threat, I think the word "warning" fits better, and its one I truly hope you listen to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Maybe that would have happened, maybe not.
    Umm...if previous experience shows that the only thing that comes out of that is an angry blog or thread one goes from the "Maybe this will happen." to "According to the previously observed pattern this is almost certainly what will happen seeing as to it has happened pretty much every other time." >,>

And for the record. Usually you don't really negotiate. Most of the time you come across as "I am right everyone else is wrong so deal with it."

Me? I'm pleasantly surprised they openly admitted to giving you preferential treatment. I think better of them because of that.
    Last edited by Santo; October 23rd, 2012 at 02:50 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It was the right move to make. You say threat, I think the word "warning" fits better, and its one I truly hope you listen to.
    No, it's a threat. And, honestly, I will try not to get banned, but I do not trust your judgement at all, so I am not expecting much. Particularly given that you seem to expect me to be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    Umm...if previous experience shows that the only thing that comes out of that is an angry blog or thread one goes from the "Maybe this will happen." to "According to the previously observed pattern this is almost certainly what will happen seeing as to it has happened pretty much every other time." >,>
    Perhaps, but at least that way they would have tried to resolve the situation without resorting to public threats.

Honestly, all I really want from them is for them to talk to me about things like this as a person, not as Mike1984 the user. They all know me, they all have ways to communicate with me, why don't they actually at least try to make their concerns known to me? Despite what you might think, I am not an asshole, and I don't want to upset people. But, it's very hard to have any kind of discussion when you're being threatened.

And for the record. Usually you don't really negotiate. Most of the time you come across as "I am right everyone else is wrong so deal with it."
    That is simply not true. I do "negotiate", it's just that the negotiation usually happens privately, not via a blog post. The blog post is the result when the negotiations are not working or, more commonly, in order to get the admins to actually bother even trying to negotiate in the first place.
    Last edited by Mike1984; October 23rd, 2012 at 02:57 PM.