Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: A Message to Mike1984 from the Mod Team

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Perhaps, but at least that way they would have tried to resolve the situation without resorting to public threats.

Honestly, all I really want from them is for them to talk to me about things like this as a person, not as Mike1984 the user. They all know me, they all have ways to communicate with me, why don't they actually at least try to make their concerns known to me? Despite what you might think, I am not an asshole, and I don't want to upset people. But, it's very hard to have any kind of discussion when you're being threatened.
    No not "Perhaps" not "Maybe so" its "Almost certainly so." This was addressed in the OP, when they have tried that in the past you make a very long blog or thread breaking apart whatever was said in order to paint them in the absolute worst possible light.

Also. No comment on the fact that you got preferential treatment I see? I do wonder why.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    No not "Perhaps" not "Maybe so" its "Almost certainly so." This was addressed in the OP, when they have tried that in the past you make a very long blog or thread breaking apart whatever was said in order to paint them in the absolute worst possible light.
    No, that's not what happens. What happens is that I try to talk to them, they ignore me and so I make a blog post. The only exception was the last ban, and that happened because they did not even make the effort to talk to me beforehand.

And, honestly, so what if I do do that? I was under the distinct impression that the point of this whole thing was supposed to be to make me change my behaviour so I could remain on the forum, not so they can make themselves look good by showing that they're clamping down on me.

Also. No comment on the fact that you got preferential treatment I see? I do wonder why.
    Because I'm ignoring it, that's why.

I honestly don't care what you think of their prior treatment of me, and nor do I care for your concept of "fair treatment", which means just sticking to the rules rigidly no matter whether or not they make sense (not that they've done that here anyway...).

I honestly don't care what you think of their prior treatment of me, and nor do I care for your concept of "fair treatment", which means just sticking to the rules rigidly no matter whether or not they make sense (not that they've done that here anyway...).
    Indeed, if they had done that you would have been banned ages ago :V

As was stated by Darples, several people claim you as the main reason they no longer browse BL. A fair number of people in FFN forums cite you as the principal reason they are afraid to come to BL and post their Typemoon related ideas here. BL has gotten bad rep and you are normally cited by user name. That buddy, is destructive and bad for the community. Were you anywhere else, you would have been banned ages ago for a mere fraction of the stuff you've been allowed to pull here.

In all honesty? My main grievance with this is that you are a picture perfect example that having friends in high places pays off something fierce.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You've said something like this before, and I didn't comment then, but you are aware the way you're talking about rules makes it sound like they're a completely ludicrous thing?

Rules? Why should we have rules? PFFT, rules, such a ridiculous and utterly demential concept. Maybe we shouldn't have societies and communities, and shared guidelines as people at all! That can all just go screw itself!
    Take that, morals.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    You've said something like this before, and I didn't comment then, but you are aware the way you're talking about rules makes it sound like they're a completely ludicrous thing?
    Yeah, hi there, I'm Mike, BL's resident anarchist (soon to be evicted)....

Rules? Why should we have rules? PFFT, rules, such a ridiculous and utterly demential concept. Maybe we shouldn't have societies and communities, and shared guidelines as people at all! That can all just go screw itself!
    Take that, morals.
    What the fuck does morality have to do with rules?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, hi there, I'm Mike, BL's resident anarchist (soon to be evicted)....
    Go on. That's not what I said at all, but feel free to give my argument reason.

What the fuck does morality have to do with rules?
    Oh, you know, I was remembering that lovely talk you were having on some thread I think was... last week, this week? Relatively early, in which people were talking about the morals established by society, and personal morals, and how you said you didn't care about the morals of society at large at all, because you have your own.

Because they're obviously mutually exclusive, am I right?

Aaaand not even an acknowledgement that having friends in high places has given you preferential treatment.

Wellp, I'm out. Honesty hope this gets worked out.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    If Mike follows his ideals til the end, will he go to Avalon too?
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hen_Ichi View Post
    If Mike follows his ideals til the end, will he go to Avalon too?
    >,<

I know I'm kind of against Mike here, but let's not go there. I'm still trying to be serious.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Go on. That's not what I said at all, but feel free to give my argument reason.
    Well, my general viewpoint is one which doesn't acknowledge or accept rules as a generally good thing.

Oh, you know, I was remembering that lovely talk you were having on some thread I think was... last week, this week? Relatively early, in which people were talking about the morals established by society, and personal morals, and how you said you didn't care about the morals of society at large at all, because you have your own.

Because they're obviously mutually exclusive, am I right?
    No, they're not mutually exclusive, but I only follow my own morals, not those of society.

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    Aaaand not even an acknowledgement that having friends in high places has given you preferential treatment.
    If I was getting "preferential treatment", I wouldn't be being threatened with a permaban....

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What I don't understand is why we are still letting this be about Mike and Mike's issues. Certainly I support fair play, and treating all equally, but if Mike's presence is actively harming the community, no matter the claims to the contrary, he should simply be removed from it to prevent future harm. It may not be pleasant to make the decision to remove him, but as has been demonstrated, Mike has caused great harm to the community with his actions - and despite claims to the contrary, will not change.

It's not personal. It should not even be emotional - its simply triage. Let one die to save the rest, because in the end BL is a community is what matters - what should matter - more than the needs of one individual.

Remember, mercy without justice is neither.

If I was getting "preferential treatment", I wouldn't be being threatened with a permaban....
    If you weren't getting preferential treatment, you would have already been permabanned a long time ago.

Blog Entries
    Mike, I'm neither pro nor contra, but if I had this obvious straight-out wave of malice thrown at me I wouldn't really want to stay here, I would leave and I would probably like to got out with a bang.

That said, I would surely miss the drama you produce, I'm quite fond of it.

Blog Entries
    Well, my general viewpoint is one which doesn't acknowledge or accept rules as a generally good thing.
    Well... it's a viewpoint, so I can't really argue with it in a rational manner. It's just that it's not a very constructive one to advocate for this whole matter.

No, they're not mutually exclusive, but I only follow my own morals, not those of society.
    I wouldn't call that entirely wise, but that's a completely different beast to talk about. I brought it up because it sounded relevant to me.

And by relevant I mean, the fact that you guide yourself by your own morals and don't consider those of people at large might be part of the reason why this has become such a big issue. Correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm simply trying to come up with reasonable conclusions.

Also, my personal pinch of salt on the matter, just to make it clear to you. I don't think you're a bad guy, but you are disagreeable due to a combination of several factors that have already been brought up before, I'm sure. And I think you know that, and you know that it annoys people, and that to some it translates as disrespect, or harassment even. Heck, I'll be honest, it's annoyed me before.

Maybe it's not significant in your compass, but it is for others. And for others, it's already built up into a huge pile-up of incidents that's culminated in this announcement. And maybe it's a good thing it did, because it's a chance of closing this matter down in a final manner. For better or for worse.

That's all I wanted to say. I just hope this gets resolved as quickly possible.
    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; October 23rd, 2012 at 03:52 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    What I don't understand is why we are still letting this be about Mike and Mike's issues. Certainly I support fair play, and treating all equally, but if Mike's presence is actively harming the community, no matter the claims to the contrary, he should simply be removed from it to prevent future harm. It may not be pleasant to make the decision to remove him, but as has been demonstrated, Mike has caused great harm to the community with his actions - and despite claims to the contrary, will not change.

It's not personal. It should not even be emotional - its simply triage. Let one die to save the rest, because in the end BL is a community is what matters - what should matter - more than the needs of one individual.

Remember, mercy without justice is neither.
    Ah, yes, the usual "fuck Mike, he doesn't matter" attitude....

And by relevant I mean, the fact that you guide yourself by your own morals and don't consider those of people at large might be part of the reason why this has become such a big issue. Correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm simply trying to come up with reasonable conclusions.
    Following my own morals does not mean not considering other people. It just means I don't do what I'm told just because someone in authority tells me to do it.

Blog Entries
    Edited my post for my final thoughts.

Blog Entries
    I'm just glad this is message was a statement and not up for debate. Discussion is purely for understanding.

Or so I've been told.

And really, sometime people need a 'shape up or ship out' ultimatum.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

But...he was shaping up. Heck, I don't even go to the Fanfiction section much anymore, and from what I saw in GD he was being a better guy.

but again, why are we putting our own opinions into something not about us?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    But...he was shaping up. Heck, I don't even go to the Fanfiction section much anymore, and from what I saw in GD he was being a better guy.

but again, why are we putting our own opinions into something not about us?
    When something's made public, there will be public opinion.

And because we are part of the community, and because it will affect us as individuals as as a whole, presumably. I assume that's part of the reasoning, at least.

Blog Entries
    Also, mike tends to rage even harder when something is private.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?