Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: A Message to Mike1984 from the Mod Team

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    I'm just glad this is message was a statement and not up for debate. Discussion is purely for understanding.

Or so I've been told.
    Yeah, because how dare they actually listen to me, and make some attempt to actually communicate with me or treat me like an actual human being. I mean, that would be absolutely awful, wouldn't it...?

Also, mike tends to rage even harder when something is private.
    No, I just don't moderate myself in private, because I don't have to.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Yeah, because how dare they actually listen to me, and make some attempt to actually communicate with me or treat me like an actual human being. I mean, that would be absolutely awful, wouldn't it...?

No, I just don't moderate myself in private, because I don't have to.
    So we're on the same page.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm not in the mood for stupid jokes like that, to be quite frank....

Blog Entries
    Well, think about what you just said. It's not public, so you don't have to restrain yourself in hurling abuse at people. You don't think there's a problem there? Things you say in private do still affect people's view of you afterwords.
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, think about what you just said. It's not public, so you don't have to restrain yourself in hurling abuse at people. You don't think there's a problem there? Things you say in private do still affect people's view of you afterwords.
    Perhaps, but I am just telling them how I feel. If they don't like that, then they shouldn't treat me in this way.

Blog Entries
    So it's okay to treat people like shit if you're unhappy?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So it's okay to treat people like shit if you're unhappy?
    No, I treat people in the same way they are treating me. If they treat me like shit, they get the same in return.

Plus, if I am angry, then I am going to express that somewhere. Doing it over MSN is better than doing it on the forum.

Blog Entries
    Yes. I'm just trying to reframe in the hopes that you'll see the problem. It doesn't seem to be working, so I'm done here.

*Sigh*

I wanted to read the whole thread before I wrote this but gave up around page seven when I realized my opinion won’t change. Quite frankly seeing someone call a moderator unfair, fascist, or other colorful terms because they remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason is to me, well a lot of things, but above all else pointless, for the simple reason that we all agreed to let them do so when we joined here.

Why you may ask?

Let me refresh the memory of everybody that’s been here to long.

Quote Originally Posted by Register at Beast's Lair
    Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Beast's Lair will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Beast's Lair, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Beast's Lair reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.
    Your post, your blog posts and accounts are all content items.

Sorry I have to be the one that points this out, but I find the moderators here to be the nicest ones I’ve seen in a long while, and seeing them put in a bad light makes me sad.
    The truth of Shinji
    Dude's a dick because the only thing he really wants to be successful in is the one thing he'll never be able to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by xelloss View Post
    The thing Shinji fails at is Chemistry.
    So he can't make them drugs.

To the best Nasuverse Trading card game

http://dulst.com/gaia
    imo of course

Blog Entries
    No, this has been mentioned many times. And also deemed irrelevant and fascist.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, the fact that we "agreed" to it does not make it any more right for them to actually do it. We agreed to the Proboards ToC, but I don't think anyone is particularly OK with the utterly shitty way they treated us.

I'm not disputing their legal right to ban me, I just do not feel they're treating me fairly, and I certainly do not think they are acting like the friends they claim to be.

Reading the whole pages, I realize Mike is like an onion. People may think he is an insulting anarchist who goes in life, like he stated, by his own morals. But, as you keep taking off layers and layers, you notice that he is exactly the same, and then you start crying.
    Just think about it, what would Kiritsugu do?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now, seriously speaking, I personally think Mike is a good guy and doesn't try to harm people, he just do it by the wrong way. In fact, Sakura was my favorite heroine until he spoiled her for me, but I don't think that THAT was his purpose.
    Mike, why don't you start again with a fresh start? Maybe change your aviee, read other novels, roleplay Sakura-less.
    Not that my opinion matter much since I'm relatively new here, but I think Mike could be better if he wanted to. He has a good rational mindset, just doesn't now how to express it. In fact, I think I will send him a friend request.

For mods and admins, there are more than 2 options to take from here. I don't think Mike should go away with it, but I am also against permabanning, where this community is about sharing opinions. Like Bittersweet stated, I think there is a sub forum control or something? Maybe ban him from the Fanfic threads?
    Let me tell you, I find Mike is really cool when there is no Sakura involved.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynel View Post
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fate Zero - 16 - Large 21.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	6948

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Reading the whole pages, I realize Mike is like an onion. People may think he is an insulting anarchist who goes in life, like he stated, by his own morals. But, as you keep taking off layers and layers, you notice that he is exactly the same, and then you start crying.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now, seriously speaking, I personally think Mike is a good guy and doesn't try to harm people, he just do it by the wrong way. In fact, Sakura was my favorite heroine until he spoiled her for me, but I don't think that THAT was his purpose.
    Mike, why don't you start again with a fresh start? Maybe change your aviee, read other novels, roleplay Sakura-less.
    Not that my opinion matter much since I'm relatively new here, but I think Mike could be better if he wanted to. He has a good rational mindset, just doesn't now how to express it. In fact, I think I will send him a friend request.

For mods and admins, there are more than 2 options to take from here. I don't think Mike should go away with it, but I am also against permabanning, where this community is about sharing opinions. Like Bittersweet stated, I think there is a sub forum control or something? Maybe ban him from the Fanfic threads?
    Well, banning me from the fanfic stuff defeats a lot of the point of me actually being here, particularly if I cannot even read them.

I do screw up, yes, and I do perhaps need a "fresh start", but I don't see how that can work. Changing my avatar would not achieve that, and reading other VNs (well, Tsukihime aside, which I do intend to read at some point) isn't going to affect anything. Plus, my opinion of the admins will not change, and nor will their opinion of me.

I am capable of being "better", but honestly Sakura is not the biggest issue here. I have improved substantially in that respect. I am still Sakura-centric, yes, but I don't jump on people anything like as much as I used to. The real issue here is my anti-authoritarian nature, because they have made it clear they aren't going to tolerate that, and given the situation that's going to be very difficult to get past.

Honestly, if the mods were just a bunch of random faceless people who I didn't know or talk to, I could probably deal with this, but they're not. I simply can't treat them as ordinary users except when they decree otherwise, I treat everyone equally (regardless of what DP might claim), which means criticising them for their faults. I do shout at them when I'm angry, yes, but they are by no means the only people that is true for. They seem to expect to be placed above everyone else and beyond criticism whilst denying that they do, and I cannot cope with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Honestly, if the mods were just a bunch of random faceless people who I didn't know or talk to, I could probably deal with this, but they're not. I simply can't treat them as ordinary users except when they decree otherwise, I treat everyone equally (regardless of what DP might claim), which means criticising them for their faults. I do shout at them when I'm angry, yes, but they are by no means the only people that is true for. They seem to expect to be placed above everyone else and beyond criticism whilst denying that they do, and I cannot cope with that.
    Well, see it this way: you are not asking to be treated like the rest of the forumites, right? (Maybe because you have been for along time, maybe because you help a lot, IDK). It's really not fair. You said you didn't want preferences with the color names, but you want preference now. Isn't that facist? You are even asking to them to not see it like admin/moderators, but as individual persons. It's like a robber to ask the judge to see him as a person who needed to rob, and not as a robber. See my point? I do like your attitude and mindset, but of the several paths you may take, you take the ones that are not precisely the best. I think is better for you to change, not your mindset, but your ways of making it work.
    Last edited by Reynel; October 23rd, 2012 at 05:26 PM.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe ban him from the Fanfic threads?
    no, just no. that creates complications for more then just mike.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, see it this way: you are not asking to be treated like the rest of the forumites, right? (Maybe because you have been for along time, maybe because you help a lot, IDK). It's really not fair. You said you didn't want preferences with the color names, but you want preference now. Isn't that facist? You are even asking to them to not see it like admin/moderators, but as individual persons. It's like a robber to ask the judge to see him as a person who needed to rob, and not as a robber. See my point? I do like your attitude and mindset, but of the several paths you may take, you take the ones that are not precisely the best. I think is better for you to change, not your mindset, but your ways of making it work.
    You see, it is only not fair if you assume that I would not make the same argument about absolutely every other member of the forum. That is simply not true. I know they do have to ban people sometimes, but I wish they would treat everyone as people and not as users. Obviously, when it affects me specifically, I am more likely to speak up, but it is not something I feel applies only to me.

And, yes, I'm asking for them to see it like people and not like admins/moderators, because that is how I believe everyone should see things. If the law is wrong, then the Judge and (especially) the Jury have a moral obligation to disregard it and to do the right thing. Everyone should treat everyone else for who they are, not what they are.
    Last edited by Mike1984; October 23rd, 2012 at 05:32 PM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For mods and admins, there are more than 2 options to take from here. I don't think Mike should go away with it, but I am also against permabanning
    Then abolish permabanning in general.

I wanted tighter rules because I want everybody to be treated fairly and to act like decent human beings (because seriously, at the height of the last forum drama period this place was just horrible), but if there's a majority wanting to go back on the second aspect let's please keep the first one this time, and just remove the permabanning in general.

Maybe not for Randy/CV-tier trolls but for every normal user.

Personally, I'd dislike if the admins give up their right to remove elements that actively destroy the chance of growth for the community, but fairness has to be maintained if people actually want this.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute