Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1015181920

Thread: A Message to Mike1984 from the Mod Team

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Yes, this is true, but they did not even try to talk this over with me first, and Altima even told me to "forget it" for a while after saying on MSN that we needed to talk about stuff. This would have worked far better as a private thing, and if I decided to make it public, then they could always set the record straight then.

It's not true that they had "no alternatives", though. They could have talked to me privately, and they could have been less formal about it, and less threatening. IMO, at least, that would have led to a far better outcome for everyone, except those members of the forum who want me to be banned....
    Im sure they have tried before and please tell me how these conversations usually end. If not I say this again talk to all of them, not as this person a or this person b but as a member addressing an issue with a mod or admid, also using other means of communication will work as well just be patient with them.

They did this out of experience, I think they felt no other reasonable alternative was the headaches of trying to set the record straight, thus having elf write this. She is not a mod or admid if I recall so she wrote this withno bias and only stated what they felt was needed to be addressed.

Again, your not banned and you can still post so use this to talk and discuss with them for a compromise and reach an agreement. Also I believe that neither of you wanted this drama. It it had to be adressed.

Teasing the Penguin God!

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Wait, I only used fucking once? Whoa that's weird, it's like my favorite crutch word.

Blog Entries
    Twice now, haha.

+9001 to Seika for being awesome, by the way.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Wait, I only used fucking once? Whoa that's weird, it's like my favorite crutch word.
    its probably because using foul language against mike is like trying to use the caps lock key against a RON PAUL supporter. it just doesnt work
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    its probably because using foul language against mike is like trying to use the caps lock key against a RON PAUL supporter. it just doesnt work

I remember a bunch of jerks who'd glitch abuse in FPS's to trap players in, and refuse to let them out unless they would use voice chat to vocally support Ron Paul. It was kind of funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi
    [18:56] <Satehi> I will never leave Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru
    [12:28:01] <Lian|work> I'm not a shotacon!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt -- Abraham Lincoln

Join Mafia 5 - A great game for losing friends and making enemies!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
    She is not a mod or admid if I recall so she wrote this withno bias and only stated what they felt was needed to be addressed.
    Erm, yes, she is....

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Erm, yes, she is....
    She is? Well I forgot then but that still didn't change the meaning of my post too much.

Teasing the Penguin God!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
    She is? Well I forgot then but that still didn't change the meaning of my post too much.
    Well, it removes part of the "no bias" reasoning, but other than that, yeah, it doesn't change much.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Fucks given about this:
    ZERO. GOOSE EGGS. NADA.

Mike, I love you to death, but really. Drop the hardline Sakura shit. It's becoming somewhat of a problem. Hell, I'll hold and intervention to separate you from your waifu if you need it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    Mike, I love you to death, but really. Drop the hardline Sakura shit. It's becoming somewhat of a problem. Hell, I'll hold and intervention to separate you from your waifu if you need it.
    What?

Blog Entries
    What?
    Intervention:

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    This is a revision and shows the punishment system in detail.

So people won't get confused, the offenses are the same as in the above posts in this thread, with these changes to punishments:

We will give the members who cause such offenses one private warning, which we will PM to the offender, asking for compliance and we will review said offense.

If the offender continues, they will be given an additional warning in the thread pertaining to the offense, publicly.

If the behavior continues, they will receive an instant one day ban.

Further behavior will institute a three-day ban.

Even further behavior will institute a one week ban.

Lastly, there will be a permanent ban for people who continue.

On each level of punishment after warnings, the mods will keep tabs on the offender and discuss their behavior,and if their behavior after a certain amount of time is sufficiently in accordance with proper forum etiquette, the marks on their record will be taken off.
    Just decided to look into the rules and noticed something others might have overlooked. Since the incidents are so spread out, perhaps having a separate thread was necessary?
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticFellow View Post
    Just decided to look into the rules and noticed something others might have overlooked.
    Actually, that doesn't apply here at all.

If you look at the way the rules are structured, the line in question is followed by "if the behaviour continues, they will recieve a one day ban", which is not what is being threatened here. I am at this point essentially at the "one-week ban" stage, only without them handing out any such ban.

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Actually, that doesn't apply here at all.

If you look at the way the rules are structured, the line in question is followed by "if the behaviour continues, they will recieve a one day ban", which is not what is being threatened here. I am at this point essentially at the "one-week ban" stage, only without them handing out any such ban.
    True enough. Just felt like pointing it out anyway for those who objected to what was happening without reading the rules.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticFellow View Post
    True enough. Just felt like pointing it out anyway for those who objected to what was happening without reading the rules.
    Honestly, the rules have little to do with this, this particular circumstance is not documented in them (although, for the benefit of those who are accusing them of "special treatment", they have said that CV got much the same warning before being permabanned, only privately).

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RR121 View Post
    I remember a bunch of jerks who'd glitch abuse in FPS's to trap players in, and refuse to let them out unless they would use voice chat to vocally support Ron Paul. It was kind of funny.

6:06.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post

I'm not entirely sure what sort of moron thinks that a promise to vote for Ron Paul made to get rid of a griefer in a video game is in any way binding, but I guess that's not really the point of what they're doing....

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post

Yep, that's the one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi
    [18:56] <Satehi> I will never leave Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru
    [12:28:01] <Lian|work> I'm not a shotacon!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt -- Abraham Lincoln

Join Mafia 5 - A great game for losing friends and making enemies!

Blog Entries
    All right, I think the points have been made. Thread's locked until further notice.