Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: A Message to Mike1984 from the Mod Team

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    *Blinks*

You know, I usually kind of consider myself kind of a chill person. I mean, I have my rage moments, but these are rare, and pretty far away from one each other.

But I still feel like saying, with a pretty angry tone, that now you are freely admitting that?

I mean, it has been a long time since then, but you know that the insistence on not admitting that whole thing with giving him special treatment is what made me wall off out of most of the forum and enclose myself in the RP section?

I think it is one of the few moments that I can say that the whole BL drama has come near making me genuinely upset.
    Race, don't even start. You of all people are not in any sort of position to say that they are a calm person. You have trolled, baited, flamed and flooded in with several people to antagonize Mike numerous times in the past. To say that *you* should be indignant is laughable to such an extreme I can hardly believe you bothered to say so. Not only have we been extra considerate of him, but also very much tolerant of the trolling from you and several others, in order to have a more liberal community as we always have. We have admitted this because it is the truth, but to come as if you are indignant? Ha!

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Yes, I bring her up in a "I would like to see her in this fic" kind-of way. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    All the time, Mike, all the time. And you just won't move on when people say that it's not their plan. You just keep at it. Whether you acknowledge it or not, whether you intend it that way or not, it is aggressive. No question.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    All the time, Mike, all the time. And you just won't move on when people say that it's not their plan. You just keep at it. Whether you acknowledge it or not, whether you intend it that way or not, it is aggressive. No question.
    When? Point me at an example where I've "kept at it", at least recently.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    ...Yet we have not seen that promise take effect yet even after we’ve given him admittedly special consideration that we may not have given other members. We’ve bent over backwards trying to help him, but it’s been a thankless task and made already stressful lives even more stressful.
    So you guys FINALLY admit you've been biased jackasses? Way to go. :V

Blog Entries
    Guys pls be polite :(

(no, I am not implying anything at all, this is merely preemptive, please do not jump on me and shoot me for saying something)
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To be honest, I think it would be better to lock the thread right now. Nothing that is going to be said is going to contribute much at all, except further inflaming the oncoming shitstorm, and this shouldn't have been public in the first place. Any doubts and things in general Mike feels the need to say to the moderators and admins should be by PM. This thread is not going to end well.

@Altima: I could point many flaws in your arguments, I could link you a lot of posts, I am pretty sure that number the hundreds, that prove you wrong. I could also point out that nothing in your post justifies giving Mike special treatment at all and has not much to do with anything I said in my post. However, I know how you play your game, so I am just going to have this post of yours stand by itself, alone, and prove my point better than any post of mine ever could. Sorry, but for once I am not taking that bait, and I am going to be the bigger man.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    When? Point me at an example where I've "kept at it", at least recently.
    Trying to find a way to kill Zouken without harming Sakura?
    Fic idea proposed -> immediately go to Sakura.

Doesn't it let Rin turn into AU versions of herself?

Hell, she could just give the thing to Sakura and have her turn into an alternate Sakura who found a way to control and change the worms.

Or, alternately, give it to Zouken and have him turn into an alternate version of himself who is dead
    Fic idea proposed -> immediately go to Sakura. And if you tell me you didn't keep at that argument, you'd be a liar, bluntly, and the next couple of dozen posts would attest quite handily to that.

Those are both from the last five days. I found them within the first 100 search results for your posts in the Fanfics forum.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    Now, this really doesn't have to be as complicated (and emotional) as people are making it to be.

The question is, why are we not having a set of rules that treat all members equally?

Blog Entries
    Mike, you got PREEMPTIVELY angry at theoretical people who would join milbunk's rp and take a character from you whom you haven't even written a profile for.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    To be honest, I think it would be better to lock the thread right now. Nothing that is going to be said is going to contribute much at all, except further inflaming the oncoming shitstorm, and this shouldn't have been public in the first place. Any doubts and things in general Mike feels the need to say to the moderators and admins should be by PM. This thread is not going to end well.
    Right, yeah, because obviously the mods can't possibly listen to everyone telling them that they've fucked up again. I mean, we can't have actual dissent....

Fic idea proposed -> immediately go to Sakura.
    And? What the hell is wrong with me suggesting something like that when it fits?

Fic idea proposed -> immediately go to Sakura. And if you tell me you didn't keep at that argument, you'd be a liar, bluntly, and the next couple of dozen posts would attest quite handily to that.

Those are both from the last five days. I found them within the first 100 search results for your posts in the Fanfics forum.
    That was a fic idea, that is totally different. Fic ideas exist for discussion, saying "hey, this is how you could add Sakura" is entirely legitimate.

I won't deny that I'm Sakura-centric, but that does not in any way fit what they are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    Mike, you got PREEMPTIVELY angry at theoretical people who would join milbunk's rp and take a character from you whom you haven't even written a profile for.
    I have written the profile, at least in part. I think it's unfair for someone to jump in at such late notice and take someone else's spot.

I could easily have tried to go for the role of Tokiomi, but I avoided it because I didn't think it'd be fair on KT.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You know, for all you complain about my blog about IRUn, at least I gave him the chance to respond before I made that post, even if I was a little hasty. You just posted this whole thing publically without talking to me at all.

Blog Entries
    And? What the hell is wrong with me suggesting something like that when it fits?

That was a fic idea, that is totally different. Fic ideas exist for discussion, saying "hey, this is how you could add Sakura" is entirely legitimate.

I won't deny that I'm Sakura-centric, but that does not in any way fit what they are saying.
    But when you do it all the time (as I said, those are very recent examples), people notice. And they don't feel like mentioning those ideas or posting written versions, because they know that you will be there to bring her up. It's what the mods said - your insistence makes people uncomfortable. Keyne and Mil (aka the next two biggest character-obsessives on these forums by my reckoning) manage not to do it, and I wish you could hold back like that. And whilst you can argue that it 'fits' in the ideas, it was also obviously not the thrust of them: Rin was the focus in each case and I imagine both members would rather you had discussed her instead of leaping to what she could do for Sakura.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Banned
    Blog Entries
    But when you do it all the time (as I said, those are very recent examples), people notice. And they don't feel like mentioning those ideas or posting written versions, because they know that you will be there to bring her up. It's what the mods said - your insistence makes people uncomfortable. Keyne and Mil (aka the next two biggest character-obsessives on these forums by my reckoning) manage not to do it, and I wish you could hold back like that.
    Yes, I am Sakura-centric, I won't deny that, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If someone suggests an idea, there is no reason not to suggest a way Sakura could be involved, or ask about her.

And whilst you can argue that it 'fits' in the ideas, it was also obviously not the thrust of them: Rin was the focus in each case and I imagine both members would rather you had discussed her instead of leaping to what she could do for Sakura.
    He asked for a backstory for her, I suggested one. What is the problem with that?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's nice to see something being done about Mike. Any time I post, he seems to follow me around trying to find a way to be offended by whatever he can. It's getting tiring having to defend myself from him for posting something like a smiley face.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hang on, so I'm being threatened with a ban, and yet a guy who is the most fucking obvious troll since CV is still here, despite getting a week ban and then immediately jumping back into trolling so obvious that I was pointing it out...?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hang on, so I'm being threatened with a ban, and yet a guy who is the most fucking obvious troll since CV is still here, despite getting a week ban and then immediately jumping back into trolling so obvious that I was pointing it out...?
    This right here ladies and gentlemen

Blog Entries
    Yes, I am Sakura-centric, I won't deny that, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If someone suggests an idea, there is no reason not to suggest a way Sakura could be involved, or ask about her.
    Like I said, it's wrong because the sheer constancy with which you do it means that people (not incorrectly) have started to decide that it's inevitable that you will go down that route whenever they post a story or idea. (Moreover, you're not just going to mention it, you're not going to drop it). And that puts them off. We want new writers with new ideas, we don't want them deciding to keep away because you badger people like that.

He asked for a backstory for her, I suggested one. What is the problem with that?
    It's illustrative of your obsession, and that obsession is one of the issues at stake here, because it leads into often-aggressive confrontations between you and forum writers, or into people avoiding the forum because of a potential confrontation.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Like I said, it's wrong because the sheer constancy with which you do it means that people (not incorrectly) have started to decide that it's inevitable that you will go down that route whenever they post a story or idea. (Moreover, you're not just going to mention it, you're not going to drop it). And that puts them off. We want new writers with new ideas, we don't want them deciding to keep away because you badger people like that.
    Sorry, but that is their fault, not mine. As long as I am not harrassing new authors about their lack of Sakura, then it is not my fault if they take my entirely legitimate actions in other discussions to be an indication of me jumping on them.

It's illustrative of your obsession, and that obsession is one of the issues at stake here, because it leads into often-aggressive confrontations between you and forum writers, or into people avoiding the forum because of a potential confrontation.
    Sorry, but I am Sakura-centric, and that is not going to change. If my Sakura-centricity is the issue (and I don't think it is), then they might as well ban me right now. Further, I don't get involved in all that many fanfic idea discussions, it's just that the ones I do get involved in tend to be about Sakura.

Blog Entries
    As long as I am not harrassing new authors about their lack of Sakura
    I think the point is that you are?
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You jump on everyone at any chance you get. In the Experts thread you instantly assumed that I must be lying rather than the possibility that I might be good at things. If you chase away all the experts then the forum will be full of people with questions but nobody to answer them.