Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: A Message to Mike1984 from the Mod Team

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    The funny thing is that you yourself have been in there multiple times with nobody including yourself raising a fuss.
    Yes, I know, but that's not the point. It still is a chat primarily used by a certain group of forum members.

More than occasional, according to the admins. And frankly, I've seen enough to agree with them. The net result is a loss for the forum. Ergo, no, you're not productive.
    It seems pretty damn "occasional" to me....

It should, you don't have the right to act as you please.
    Tact is not something you just suddenly get. I can try to be tactful, but I'm always going to struggle.

And I think you're completely wrong because they, spineless as they are, at least bother to phrase their statements carefully.
    So what? The result is still just as insulting.

Only you think there's been mistakes in your direction. And this is not one of those.
    What?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
    Also I don't think anyone would brush important things under the carpet, but perhaps your complainings aren't that correct...
    Perhaps, but I do not agree with them, hence why I make my opinion known publically, so the members of the forum can make up their own minds.

Blog Entries
    I criticize DP (almost) every time I see him on notes! :3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Yes, I know, but that's not the point. It still is a chat primarily used by a certain group of forum members.
    Mike, out of all the points you make, you might just want to drop this one. It makes you sound like you're complaining that a store had a sale on a day you weren't there. Not really a valid grievance. X(

Blog Entries
    Mike, it's difficult to make up my mind when most of it is frightened away from the frightful WOTs.

It's not a joke, I'm pretty sure most people come to this forum to have fun man, if you want people to understand your situation at least you should try to cut things a bit shorter.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
    Mike, out of all the points you make, you might just want to drop this one. It makes you sound like you're complaining that a store had a sale on a day you weren't there. Not really a valid grievance. X(
    Yeah, it's not a big grievance at all. I'm just explaining what I felt. You don't have to agree with me, but I do not think it is fair to refuse me the right to possess and express an opinion just because it is one the mods do not like.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Mike, it's difficult to make up my mind when most of it is frightened away from the frightful WOTs.

It's not a joke, I'm pretty sure most people come to this forum to have fun man, if you want people to understand your situation at least you should try to cut things a bit shorter.
    Well, perhaps, but that's got fuck all to do with this. This is long because I have to get my point across, and hope that they see reason.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    You're right, it IS an awful place full of RP talk. I'm told that's because it's an RP channel. Why such a terrible thing exists I can't fathom.

Tact is not something you just suddenly get. I can try to be tactful, but I'm always going to struggle.
    But it's been months and years.

So what? The result is still just as insulting.
    Well that's the point. The net result is not the same. If you actually took the care to not throw the worst words you can think of, this wouldn't be happening in first place.
    Last edited by Kyte; October 23rd, 2012 at 12:47 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You're right, it IS an awful place full of RP talk. I'm told that's because it's an RP channel. Why such a terrible thing exists I can't fathom.
    Exactly, it's an RP channel, not a BL channel....

But it's been months and years.
    And I have improved.

Well that's the point. The net result is not the same. If you actually took the care to not throw the worst words you can think of, this wouldn't be happening in first place.
    I don't "throw the worst words possible", I just express what I think. I called it "mod abuse of power" because I thought he was actually abusing his power....

And I have improved.
    I think one of the problems you probably have would be that you think that you're the one to judge that.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Exactly, it's an RP channel, not a BL channel....
    It's a BL RP channel. :V

I don't "throw the worst words possible", I just express what I think. I called it "mod abuse of power" because I thought he was actually abusing his power....
    Well please try to curb your enthusiasm. :V

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Man, you talk like a leftist or anarchist demagogue every time you make a post about the mods. If you really want people to listen to you, you should at least try to chose milder words than calling them fascists or Nazis. (Man, I ain't no historian, but I could tell you that the Holocaust is just the sharp tip of the oppressive Nazi iceberg.) Much better if you made rational arguments defending your point of view because, whether you like it or not, logic and tactfulness appeal to the masses more than this sort of connotative and bombastic language. And by using the latter instead of the former, you are not being rational and are simply getting some emotional sympathy., much like a dictator.

I thought George Orwell talked about this already.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Mouse View Post
    Man, you talk like a leftist or anarchist demagogue every time you make a post about the mods.
    Well, yes....

If you really want people to listen to you, you should at least try to chose milder words than calling them fascists or Nazis. (Man, I ain't no historian, but I could tell you that the Holocaust is just the sharp tip of the oppressive Nazi iceberg.)
    Yeah, sure, but I never called them "Fascists" or "Nazis" this time.

Much better if you made rational arguments defending your point of view because, whether you like it or not, logic and tactfulness appeal to the masses more than this sort of connotative and bombastic language.
    Whilst this is somewhat beside the point, that statement is so horribly wrong it's unbelieveable. There's a reason politicians don't ever tell the truth....

And by using the latter instead of the former, you are not being rational and are simply getting some emotional sympathy., much like a dictator.

I thought George Orwell talked about this already.
    My arguments are rational, though. Go read my blog post. I called it "abuse of power" because that was how it looked to me at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enhance View Post
    I think one of the problems you probably have would be that you think that you're the one to judge that.
    I'm the only person who truly knows what I'm thinking, and all the times where I have not reacted to things. I know I'm not the judge, but that doesn't make them any less wrong.

Blog Entries
    I thought #notes was the place you went on irc if you didn't want to get shooed off the lawn by the users of the old beast's lair on #beastslair, lol. It is an rp channel?

Blog Entries
    I thought #notes was the place you went on irc if you didn't want to get shooed off the lawn by the users of the old beast's lair on #beastslair, lol. It is an rp channel?
    Not really would be my opinion, but, what can you say.

(join and complain with zlol about NS )
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

I'm the only person who truly knows what I'm thinking, and all the times where I have not reacted to things. I know I'm not the judge, but that doesn't make them any less wrong.
    So what you're saying is that you're not the judge but you're right to judge and your judgment is the one and only true one?

Also, you seem to have put a badge on yourself saying "Achievement unlocked: Got better!" and stopped with it. It's just not enough.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I've never RPed on it... o_o

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhance View Post
    So what you're saying is that you're not the judge but you're right to judge and your judgment is the one and only true one?
    No, I'm saying that they're not judging me fairly because they only see the bad things and not the good things.

Also, you seem to have put a badge on yourself saying "Achievement unlocked: Got better!" and stopped with it. It's just not enough.
    I have improved and I am trying to improve further. However, they are unwilling to give the chance to actually do this.

Honestly, if they truly believe I can achieve what they're asking (i.e. perfection), then they should have banned me already, because it clearly means that I'm exploding at people intentionally....

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    It turns into an RP channel every evening when they start talking about onigokko and and they refuse to shut up. :V

- - - Updated - - -

No, I'm saying that they're not judging me fairly because they only see the bad things and not the good things.
    And that's a problem. If your good things aren't visible, you aren't improving at all.

Also they ain't asking for perfection, you're just settling for ridiculously low standards.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It turns into an RP channel every evening when they start talking about onigokko and and they refuse to shut up. :V
    Nobody complains when you start with your boring as fuck fanfic talk, so I don't think you got much room to cry either :V

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And that's a problem. If your good things aren't visible, you aren't improving at all.
    See, the thing is, that's simply not true, because the things they are asking me to do are by definition "not visible". If I don't explode at anyone, there is no way they can tell that I am doing that. They only ever see the times where I do explode.

Also they ain't asking for perfection, you're just settling for ridiculously low standards.
    Yes, they are. If I make one more mistake, ever, I get banned.

Blog Entries
    Omg, when they finally stop onigoku talk, they start talking about Pokimunz. :V