Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: For A Maiden's Chastity - The Frankenstein's Monster Fan Club

MEoDP are awesome, unless they're looking at you. beautyandnotthebeast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    More to the point, the whole electrical angle is an invention of Universal Studios' movie series - at least, to the extent it's usually associated with the Frankenstein mythos. Shelley never goes into details as to Victor's process (in fact, Victor deliberately refuses to go into details), but the implication is that it's as much or more sourced in alchemy as it is in galvanism - if electricity has anything to do with it at all.
    I did make an assumption there. Alchemy makes sense, Victor Frankenstein was an alchemist, or at least had knowledge of alchemy.

Universal Studio's introducing the electricity angle could be an example on how legends being warped can affect the Servant. If we assume that Frankenstein's monster was created by alchemy, then Universal Studios introducing the electrical angle warped the servant. Like Hans Christian Andersen, the legend of Frankenstein's monster was warped so that instead of using alchemy, Berserker of Black had the electricity based Noble Phantasms Bridal Chest and Blasted Tree.
    Last edited by beautyandnotthebeast; February 14th, 2015 at 12:59 PM.
    If the question is Tsukihime vs Fate, what is the answer.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Council's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beautyandnotthebeast View Post
    I did make an assumption there. Alchemy makes sense, Victor Frankenstein was an alchemist, or at least had knowledge of alchemy.

Universal Studio's introducing the electricity angle could be an example on how legends being warped can affect the Servant. If we assume that Frankenstein's monster was created by alchemy, then Universal Studios introducing the electrical angle warped the servant. Like Hans Christian Andersen, the legend of Frankenstein's monster was warped so that instead of using alchemy, Berserker of Black had the electricity based Noble Phantasms Bridal Chest and Blasted Tree.

In Nasuverse, Galvanism is a subset of Alchemy, thus, The electric angle is still possible. Otherwise she would have a rank in Innocent Monster or Demon King.

Unrestricted conversion and accumulation of prana and bio-electric energy. Thaumaturgical attacks involving no material existence -- wind manipulation, energy bullets, beam attacks -- are converted to electricity and rendered without effect, discharged into the environment. Absorbed electricity may be used to implement rapid self-repair and physical attribute reinforcement. Like Phlogiston and Ether, the concept of Galvanism, which explains organic activity as a bio-electric process, falls under the domain of Alchemy.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And to be fair, electricity is credited for likely having something to do with Shelley's inspiration - aside from the whole "thunderstorm on the lake" tale that features in the story of the contest that prompted her to write the tale, Galvani's experiments in "animating" body parts by running a current through them were one of the hot topics of the day. Universal just took it a step further.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Quote Originally Posted by Council View Post
    In Nasuverse, Galvanism is a subset of Alchemy, thus, The electric angle is still possible. Otherwise she would have a rank in Innocent Monster or Demon King.
    And to be fair, electricity is credited for likely having something to do with Shelley's inspiration - aside from the whole "thunderstorm on the lake" tale that features in the story of the contest that prompted her to write the tale, Galvani's experiments in "animating" body parts by running a current through them were one of the hot topics of the day. Universal just took it a step further.
    I'm not fully versed in the Nasuverse, and I haven't read Frankenstein in a while, so you have made good points.
    As a servant, Berserker of Black would most likely be waterproof.
    During her life, if Frankenstein's monster used electricity then it would almost certainly not through technological means, due to risk of a short circuit. So it is likely to have control over the electricity it produced or used alchemy as either the only or the primary means of animating itself. Had it been so, Berserker of Black may have had a skill which weakened her when she was wet.

The electric angle on Frankenstein's monster may have been introduced because it's would have been more simple, more interesting, cooler, and, although I haven't seen many example's of Frankenstein's monster in other media so I can't be sure about this, but having the plot point of Frankenstein's monster being unable to interact with water.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's also how most people know the monster - the image of Karloff with bolts in his neck, and all. It's classic, dare I say iconic - even I'd complain if they'd ignored the electricity angle entirely . . .

And like you, I'm not fully versed in Nasuverse lore (far from it), but I've been researching the book and its variations for about seven years, trying to squeeze a novel/series out of it. I first read it when I was 9 - and every time I re-read it, I ask myself how I got through it/how much of it I really understood the first time.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

It's also how most people know the monster - the image of Karloff with bolts in his neck, and all. It's classic, dare I say iconic - even I'd complain if they'd ignored the electricity angle entirely . . .

And like you, I'm not fully versed in Nasuverse lore (far from it), but I've been researching the book and its variations for about seven years, trying to squeeze a novel/series out of it. I first read it when I was 9 - and every time I re-read it, I ask myself how I got through it/how much of it I really understood the first time.
    The image of Frankenstein's monster is a classic. And with classics what usually done when someone uses that idea again is either maintain close to the original image, try and put their own personal twist of the idea or go off in a different direction. I would be disappointed if I happened to see a adaption that removed the electricity element, or tried to change it in another way and messed it up.
    There have been multiple adaptions across different media of Frankenstein's monster, but with the exception of Berserker of Black I haven't seen any that deviate far from the original (although I haven't seen many versions of Frankenstein's monster.)
    Frankenstein's monster as Berserker of Black was a pretty women because it followed Nasuverse history.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Colored (from fan work) official artwork:

v.4 illustration

Source: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=50178523
    Last edited by Sarn; May 3rd, 2015 at 07:59 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I find the stitches to be surprisingly cute, like in that shower image, that I posted earlier.

Hype hype.

FGO accounts, MP for FCs; updated: 21/05/2017

Spoilered for size

Adorable, don't you think.
    Last edited by beautyandnotthebeast; August 16th, 2015 at 11:55 AM.

Old but lost nothing of its cuteness.
    FGO accounts, MP for FCs; updated: 21/05/2017

Me, fighting? Perish the thought. Stasis's Avatar
    I can't stand anymore Caules/Frankenstein pictures since what happened to them in volume 2 Sadness overload
    You never know when those things come in handy...

Spoiler:

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beautyandnotthebeast View Post
    Spoilered for size

Adorable, don't you think.
    Well, someone sure is after a Maiden's chastity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarn View Post
    Hype hype.

Don't know how I feel about this. To me, Her head piece was already stretching the bounds of okay for me, but I feel the extra projections are pushing it into silly territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Banned
    Blog Entries
    looks less like extra projections to me and more like those tubes have always been in there and it basically just opened up and retracted them becaus its activated? or something to that effect

at least its not two big screws, although the design is probably an allusion to most Frankenstein designs having those