Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rose That Blooms Nowhere Else

Blog Entries
    Oh no, this is the actual fanclub for Scathach as she is portrayed in Type-Moon. You've seen her quite a lot, honestly, but yes, the closest representation would be someone who looks a bit like Rin. Hint hint.
    Seriously, there's nobody here who knows what I'm talking about?
    Oh, and Altima of the Gates? TM takes less liberties with the actual mythos than you guys would like to think. For example, King Arthur. Thank you for not taking this down, and if ever anything happens, feel free to contact me.
    I would have assumed that there was SOMEONE else here drawn by what the Nasuverse really is. Ah well.
    Have a nice day~

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    King Arthur being a girl is a pretty huge liberty and Scatach was never shown do we havent seen her a lot.But keep on truckin I guess, should she ever show up you have the rights of the founder I guess.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    It bears mentioning that Scathach is one of the characters in The Manhattan Project II, Five's 1960s Grail War fic.

Spoiler:

TEACH US, SCATHACH-SENSEI!!

*ba-dum*

Scathach-Sensei: Hello, everyone, and welcome to the first ever, "Teach Us, Scathach-Sensei!!" I know, I know, it's a stupid name but it works here. I, of course, am Scathach, witch of the land of the dead, teacher of Cu Chulainn and the beau-ti-ful lady who gave him his spear! From my lair somewhere in this Washington place, here is your first lesson!!

Blog Entries
    Hm, rather what I meant was the King Arthur is a huge liberty from the legend he was based on. Who's to say that the Le Morte d'Arthur is a story about the actual King Arthur anymore, anyways? I swear, you mortals are quite dense. I've been giving quite a lot of hints already, check my post history.
    In any case, keep living your lives normally. Good day~

EDIT: That's about accurate, really. Not precise, but accurate, both of which I mean in the scientific sense. Ah, and Setanta is the possessor of the Gay Bulge, because that's what it is when it's in his possession. Nasu's talked about that somewhere. Go look.
    Last edited by Archetype EMIYA; October 29th, 2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: got sniped

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Archetype EMIYA View Post
    I would have assumed that there was SOMEONE else here drawn by what the Nasuverse really is. Ah well.
    It is whatever its creator wants it to be.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    This is hilariously premature.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chacho View Post
    It bears mentioning that Scathach is one of the characters in The Manhattan Project II, Five's 1960s Grail War fic.
    Aha, someone other than me shills my fic! But yeah, there's that, I guess. Maybe I can force coerce politely ask EXiku to draw something of her?

^ IRUn, you know that's begging for a joke. :3
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    She a redhead?

She'd better be a redhead!

For some reason I see her as a combination of Aoko and Rin, but even MORE terrifying.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Aha, someone other than me shills my fic! But yeah, there's that, I guess. Maybe I can force coerce politely ask EXiku to draw something of her?

^ IRUn, you know that's begging for a joke. :3
    This club is so premature that we should abort the concept faster than the end result of a broken condom?

I am so going to hell for this. Assuming I wasn't already.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    She a redhead?

She'd better be a redhead!

For some reason I see her as a combination of Aoko and Rin, but even MORE terrifying.
    She hasn't shown up in the story for a while, buuuuut, last I remember she was a redhead with a big, classic witch hat and a robe covered in leaves. She summons Cuchulain and then learns about doggie treats.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    This club is so premature that we should abort the concept faster than the end result of a broken condom?

I am so going to hell for this. Assuming I wasn't already.
    Nah, you didn't mention anything about coat hangers and bath tubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    She hasn't shown up in the story for a while, buuuuut, last I remember she was a redhead with a big, classic witch hat and a robe covered in leaves. She summons Cuchulain and then learns about doggie treats.
    Nice. Very nice.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    now elf read manhattan project plz ;__;

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I thought redhead too. But she'd have GOLD eyes.

Blog Entries
    My image of Scathach is that she looks a lot like Altrouge.
    She does.
    Therefore, I looked up the most awesome (and accurate) fanart of Altrouge I could and here we go. Voila, Scathach~
    http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/...est-black_hair

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    King Arthur being a girl is a pretty huge liberty
    Sure, but it's not really that big a change. I don't see any reason why King Arthur couldn't have been a girl in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Archetype EMIYA View Post
    Hm, rather what I meant was the King Arthur is a huge liberty from the legend he was based on. Who's to say that the Le Morte d'Arthur is a story about the actual King Arthur anymore, anyways?
    Well, yeah, exactly. The Arthurian legend has been bastardised so many times and is so anachronistic that we really have no idea what was in the original.

I swear, you mortals are quite dense. I've been giving quite a lot of hints already, check my post history.
    Eh, what?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh god is this dude an otherkin or something
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Sure, but it's not really that big a change. I don't see any reason why King Arthur couldn't have been a girl in disguise.
    Considering what they did to make other parts of legend fit, I'd say that it was a pretty big change. Mordred? He's still Arthur's son by his sister! It's just that Merlin had to give her some man-parts to make it work. And said sister didn't sleep with her but instead stole said sperm instead! (Man, it would have been so such easier if Mordred was just Arthur's nephew instead...)

Love triangle? Of course that still happened! But Arthur had to marry Guinevere to keep up appearances and when Gwen fell in love with Lancelot...

On a completely unrealted note, is a bit sad that this fanclub for a pretty much nonexistent character has managed to hit two pages faster then some the other fanclubs for other characters out there. (Including my own. )
    My photocomics

Founder of "The Gorgon Slayer", a Perseus/Proto-Rider Fanclub
    "Knight of the Sun," a Gawain fanclub

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nortan the Bunny View Post
    On a completely unrealted note, is a bit sad that this fanclub for a pretty much nonexistent character has managed to hit two pages faster then some the other fanclubs for other characters out there. (Including my own. )
    It would be somewhat sad if more than about three of the posts had even mentioned Scathach....

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Clarification.

None of you are getting it so far, huh. Then allow me to attempt to show you. Let's take apart the one single paragraph written explicitly about her on the Type-Moon wiki. (That is an acceptable source, right?)

Scathach was the witch of the Land of Shadows, called a "scarier version of Tohsaka Rin", and Cu Chulainn's teacher.
    "Witch of the Land of Shadows". First off, what exactly is the Land of Shadows? That will be answered later on, just keep reading. However, since she's the "Witch of the Land of Shadows" it can be said that she's the only one there (most times). I mean, a witch, living in a land of shadows. Who goes there? Also, the fact that she can lick you without trying (She taught Lancer, for crying out loud, and let him borrow her spear. Why do you think it's called the Gay Bulge when Lancer's handling it? He can't use its full ability.).

She was a person who became too close to the gods with a mortal body, and her existence began to be turned into a concept in the same way as Souren Araya.
    By "too close to the gods with a mortal body" it is meant that she essentially becomes God. Where else have you heard of people becoming concepts? Someone related to Type-Moon has written such already - or rather, has been told to write such.

She was too skilled in the art of battle, too well versed in the arcane, and killed too many people, wraiths, and gods, which made her reach the point where even she could not take her own life.
    Further proving that she's basically God. Especially the last part. When not even you can kill yourself no matter how much you try, that definitely implies that your purpose is much, much bigger.

Her realm was essentially a land of the dead that is neither in the plane of the ethereal nor the plane of the living.
    What other locations in the Nasuverse are like this? Name the first place (besides Avalon) off the top of your head. Somewhere virtually untouchable. A place like that would hold the greatest mysteries that anyone would like to obtain for their own use. (Sadly, you're not going to get there if I get a say in it.)

She wished to die as a human being, and this situation is paralleled by Bazett's situation in the looped world.
    "[P]aralleled by Bazett's situation in the looped world." Seriously, if any of you understand this, contact me. The eternal return is very horrifying. I do not want to go again.

Hm, by the way, is there a Kajiura fanclub here for all the awesome music she's given the Nasuverse?

Blog Entries
    Terrible gimmick. Dumb thread. Hit up Wild Mass Guessing in GD.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?