Page 9801 of 9888 FirstFirst ... 88019301970197519791979697999800980198029803980698119851 ... LastLast
Results 196,001 to 196,020 of 197743

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Across This New Borderline RoydGolden's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    well, it's yellowface
    It's actually interesting how the Simpsons are pretty much universally perceived as white even though their appearances have almost nothing in common with RL white people. Goes to show how much whiteness is cultural construct.

JP Friend Code
    BN: FiveX#1720
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    I'm an elite lobsterette on this ocean floor.
    my brain just dissolved
    The Manhattan Project: Is it a sin to kill for your country? In an age of nationalism, where do you draw the line between right and wrong? In the 1960s, eight people seek peace amidst war and tragedy.

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    my brain just dissolved
    That reminds me, has anyone read yesterday's Toronto Star article about Peterson? Very interesting stuff.

I love how daddy's little princes are probably already harrassing and doxing that man's daughter. Way to thank a dude for housing your sleazy cult ass for five months.

Oh, this is a useful https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/...-conservatives
    Last edited by Snow; May 27th, 2018 at 05:12 PM.

I love how daddy's little princes are probably already harrassing and doxing that man's daughter. Way to thank a dude for housing your sleazy cult ass for five months.

Oh, this is a useful https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/...-conservatives
    Hmm. While I agree with the general point of the article you linked to, I don't think its criticism of Schiff is entirely fair. His article was never meant as a purely abstract analysis of Peterson's ideas but an autobiographical account of Schiff's relationship with this very complex, flawed man. To critique it for lacking "objectivity" or focusing on Peterson's character instead of his ideas is kind of missing the point IMO.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    It's actually interesting how the Simpsons are pretty much universally perceived as white even though their appearances have almost nothing in common with RL white people. Goes to show how much whiteness is cultural construct.
    are you serious

Hmm. While I agree with the general point of the article you linked to, I don't think its criticism of Schiff is entirely fair. His article was never meant as a purely abstract analysis of Peterson's ideas but an autobiographical account of Schiff's relationship with this very complex, flawed man. To critique it for lacking "objectivity" or focusing on Peterson's character instead of his ideas is kind of missing the point IMO.
    'complex' and 'flawed' is not how you argue against a cult leader. There is nothing 'complex' about him, except maybe his methods of sucking people in and his ways of eeling out of any substantial discussion with anyone who could dismantle his arguments completely, ie any expert in any field he lies about.

The dude has the right to write his personal account but it doesn't exist in a vacuum.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Plus, not to belabor a point the article already makes, Schiff really does write as if Peterson not conforming to the university's supposed standards is worse than him attacking the social status of trans people, when really, shouldn't it be the other way around?
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

'complex' and 'flawed' is not how you argue against a cult leader. There is nothing 'complex' about him, except maybe his methods of sucking people in and his ways of eeling out of any substantial discussion with anyone who could dismantle his arguments completely, ie any expert in any field he lies about.

The dude has the right to write his personal account but it doesn't exist in a vacuum.
    Every human alive is "complex", so I don't agree with that point at all. Also I'd dispute whether the article is really as ineffectual as Robinson claims. My friend who barely knew about Peterson before yesterday read it and came away with a strongly negative impression of him (as in, probably more negative then Schiff himself).

Idiots aren't complex they're just idiots. I don't have an ounce of sympathy to spare for someone who considers me subhuman and preys on people's insecurities with his hateful ideology for money and social media likes.
    Last edited by Snow; May 28th, 2018 at 11:43 AM.

Idiots aren't complex they're just idiots. I don't have an ounce of sympathy to spare for someone who considers me subhuman and preys on people's insecurities with his hateful ideology for money and social media likes.
    I mean, Hitler was complex too. Recognizing that he's dangerous and needs to be stopped and recognizing he's a complex person who can be insightfully analyzed aren't mutually exclusive, you know.

Blog Entries
    So by the transitive property you're going to start telling me that Peterson has only one testicle in a couple of posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Don't worry, he's got enough people worshipping the ground he nervously paces on, me being pissy won't hurt him.

So by the transitive property you're going to start telling me that Peterson has only one testicle in a couple of posts.
    I mean the uncontrollable whiny aggression has to come from SOMEWHERE, I ain't saying but

Well, I can't prove otherwise...

Blog Entries
    Well, I can't prove otherwise...
    I think that's a Patreon tier, tell us what you find.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

He wants 25k to debate Žižek, I wonder if his sexual memoirs would be an extra goodie for the elite lob.

Bisschen mehr ist nicht zu viel verlangt I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    while seeing zizek dunk him would be funny thinking he can be "defeated" on an ideological level is a dumb idea that does not work
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife ❤️ View Post
    Capitalism has failed me

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    what is good ideology

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    while seeing zizek dunk him would be funny thinking he can be "defeated" on an ideological level is a dumb idea that does not work
    zizek dunking, what world do you live in, it'd be two drunk old men stumbling over each other in increasingly abstract ways