Page 9858 of 10289 FirstFirst ... 885893589758980898489853985698579858985998609863986899089958 ... LastLast
Results 197,141 to 197,160 of 205775

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Mahou Shoujo Fushigi Tantei Obvious Sunara's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujaya View Post
    I talk to people all of the time and none of them ever have anything interesting to say.
    Maybe bring up the topics u find interesting? Social situations are weird & sometimes people don't think or are afraid to brouch certain topics.

#OwO#

Quote Originally Posted by Sunara View Post
    Maybe bring up the topics u find interesting? Social situations are weird & sometimes people don't think or are afraid to brouch certain topics.
    Well, most people don't care to discuss politics or are afraid to do so for fear of persecution. Everyday people don't know anything (or at the least, very much) about art or science or literature. Most people I come across just like to attend social gatherings, get drunk and talk about mundane bullshit. There's nothing remotely interesting about that. I like attending museums, listening to a variety of music, collecting things, reading philosophy, debating people and going for walks in the city. I hate nightclubs, parties and theme parks. Not very many people share my sentiments about life, and as you can tell, my "hot takes" are almost always controversial and garner disapproval and ad hominems, but it's the price I pay for attempting to convey what I believe may be true.

The prince says that the world will be saved by beauty! And I maintain that the reason he has such playful ideas is that he is in love.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, most people don't care to discuss politics or are afraid to do so for fear of persecution. Everyday people don't know anything (or at the least, very much) about art or science or literature. Most people I come across just like to attend social gatherings, get drunk and talk about mundane bullshit. There's nothing remotely interesting about that. I like attending museums, listening to a variety of music, collecting things, reading philosophy, debating people and going for walks in the city. I hate nightclubs, parties and theme parks. Not very many people share my sentiments about life, and as you can tell, my "hot takes" are almost always controversial and garner disapproval and ad hominems, but it's the price I pay for attempting to convey what I believe may be true.
    No lie I'm pretty sure I wrote this as a Facebook post when I was in high school.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Small brain: I like philosophy art walks and hate nightclubs and parties

Strife brain: I like philosophy art walks and getting fucked up at insane parties before going to the nightclub

Well, extraversion is certainly a trait, however it proves to be a waste of living.

- - - Updated - - -

And don't mistake my position for "I'm not like the normies, I'm eloquent". I understand your attempt at criticism, and you're well in your right to criticize me, even if you do it poorly.

The prince says that the world will be saved by beauty! And I maintain that the reason he has such playful ideas is that he is in love.

Thank god we're all introverts here then, especially mAc

Blog Entries
    Well, extraversion is certainly a trait, however it proves to be a waste of living.

- - - Updated - - -

And don't mistake my position for "I'm not like the normies, I'm eloquent". I understand your attempt at criticism, and you're well in your right to criticize me, even if you do it poorly.
    Okay but you do seem like you’re trying suspiciously hard NOT to use the word normie is all I’m saying

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    what do you need to read
    I need to translate two passages.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Okay but you do seem like you’re trying suspiciously hard NOT to use the word normie is all I’m saying
    I've been wearing a mask for most of my life in my attempts to relate to people, and i've only recently decided discard that persona for the sake of my enjoyment of life, as well as to partake in the process of individuation, but besides the intellectual gymnastics, I accept that I'm seen as being disagreeable and cynical, but I wouldn't emphasize that to the degree that I employ "me vs them" mentality in any sense besides ironically.

I explained my position on art since that was part of the discussion, I was asked "Why I don't go outside and talk to somebody", I explained that I have a difficult time socializing because I don't care very much for excursions and small talk (and I spend a majority of my time thinking incessantly about things such as this), I was spurned for taking a typical introverted position, and here we are. I do not detest the notion that there are honest, average people, I just think those things are a waste of time. They're not for me. It's as simple as that.

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    Extraversion is so much more efficient than introversion. Wish I had it T_T
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

There are benefits to extraversion as there are to anything else, but the extraverts are the doers, not the thinkers. Kant was INTP, Einstein was INTP, Jung was INTP, and so am I. Efficiency is an illusion. You don't wanna be the extroverted publisher marketing some morons books, you wanna be that moron who does nothing but write nonstop at 3 in the morning about the pictures that fly through his head and make bank off of people who wear purple wigs for fun.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I need to translate two passages.
    have you tried perseus to check if there isn't already a translation
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    No lie I'm pretty sure I wrote this as a Facebook post when I was in high school.
    I can't picture you ever being like that Five

But my attempts to do so are pretty amusing

sorry immanuel but I just kant

Blog Entries
    There are benefits to extraversion as there are to anything else, but the extraverts are the doers, not the thinkers. Kant was INTP, Einstein was INTP, Jung was INTP, and so am I. Efficiency is an illusion. You don't wanna be the extroverted publisher marketing some morons books, you wanna be that moron who does nothing but write nonstop at 3 in the morning about the pictures that fly through his head and make bank off of people who wear purple wigs for fun.
    As a stupid introvert I’m offended by this post

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    have you tried perseus to check if there isn't already a translation
    Dullahan, I could kiss you!

You do know Myers-Briggs is not actually a scientific gold standard, right

it’s like thinking you get a real, credible “score” from a free online IQ test
    Last edited by Gl❀w; July 11th, 2018 at 08:01 AM.

How can IQs be real if our Is aren't real???

Drugs don’t create hallucinations, they merely disrupt the hallucination we call “reality”