Page 9863 of 9871 FirstFirst ... 886393639763981398539858986198629863986498659868 ... LastLast
Results 197,241 to 197,260 of 197415

Thread: Posting Thread

Mahou Shoujo Fushigi Tantei Obvious Sunara's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujaya View Post
    Those are just my reasons against attending social gatherings. I don't like hedonism. As for conversation, there are just very few people that I can hold a genuine conversation with. There's a Stanford professor emeritus I enjoy talking to about prog rock, my drug addict friend, and a guy that went to MIT who I find really funny. Most other people try to talk to me about sports or other menial things that I just don't understand. Maybe I'm autistic or something, I don't know.
    Honestly, I feel like you are giving excuses to hide.... I have a co-worker with autism that is really smart because she works super hard to learn/relate/etc. And even though I know a lot; I recognize that others are just as smart if not more. There's a lot to be learned from other people even the druggies you look down on. (And yes, I'm in an infested town too.) You never know what someone might know unless you bring up a topic. They might surprise you.

I personally find the creativity & resourcefulness, of some of the people I meet, intriguing. Learning new ways of doing things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    make your own plot kiddos
    Isn't that called reading manga, in a language you don't know, & guessing the story? XP

#OwO#

No I meant get laid

- - - Updated - - -

But really you may take my words for whatever you want to
    [14:18:48] <Zurv> so who's the most ecchi
    [14:19:40] <Canon> you, zurvan
    [14:19:45] <Canon> you are the most ecchi
    [14:21:06] <Fallacy> .-.;

JP Friend Code
    I choose the significantly more achievable option

Blog Entries
    Aesthetics and art are something I take very seriously. You guys were talking about how art and artists are criticized now a days, and I explained to you that the reason why was because art has lost its value, and that's because artists don't care about art. How does my analysis not suffice? Is art not intellectual? Does it not take a certain understanding of the world and of meaning to be an artist? I admit that the Sally Amaki thing was just me being retarded. I hate her persona because I think it's cliche, it's simple. I don't always dullahanpost, and I enjoy it because I know it improves my writing. And writing is not exhausting because it comes easy to me. I never even wanted to be a writer, but writing, analysis and philosophy have become things that I enjoy doing. I certainly don't spend 2 hours on each shitpost if that's what you think.
    I am snippy but I don't go after people. If I do it's because I feel like they're going after me or others. I'm just disagreeable. For the record I do enjoy taking commies apart but that's an isolated circumstance
    Dude, you need to take a chill pill, not insult every single artist & know what you're talking about. At this point, you're just trolling.
    I know many artists (irl) and they work very hard at it. The images you see take many years of training & drawing/practicing every single day. You can't do that if you "don't care about art." There is a lot that goes into producing a single piece; let alone an entire comic, etc. Both the art & writing fields require a lot of revision and learning.

- - - Updated - - -

No I meant get laid

- - - Updated - - -

But really you may take my words for whatever you want to
    That is always good too... XP
    But I was trying to lighten the mood by making a joke.

#OwO#

I thought we had plenty of jokes itt

- - - Updated - - -

I kid, of course

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    I choose the significantly more achievable option
    I always knew you were a chad deep down

Blog Entries
    What, you're a goat? And here I thought you were Zurvan. XP

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm going to disappear again.... stuff to do, sleep to be hadden, things to learn, media to consume like a good little flame.... I mean human. XP

Trying to learn the pixiv art app, learn Japanese, figure out how to create my comic, etc etc & juggle chores when I'm not working 40 hours a week.
    Last edited by Sunara; July 12th, 2018 at 05:46 AM.

#OwO#

Blog Entries
    Me at Vatican City yesterday.

Last edited by Strife ❤️; July 12th, 2018 at 06:34 AM.
    ///:layer:8

Blog Entries
    No I meant get laid
    Don't exactly need any help there buddy

Look at you, oh how quickly they grow up

Blog Entries
    been a while actually

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Hello, I’ll be filling in for Dullahan tonight. Ahem. They do not have characterization because they are in the acclaimed video game Fate Grand Order.
    Not enough-

Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    Not enough vitriol
    Damn you, Canon!

I thought we had plenty of jokes itt
    No, no, Zurvan, we call those "posts" in civilised company, not "jokes".
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

Blog Entries
    I'm probably the closest thing to a republican you're going to see on this website.
    I regret to inform you there are multiple Republicans on this site actually

Quote Originally Posted by Sunara View Post
    Dude, you need to take a chill pill, not insult every single artist & know what you're talking about. At this point, you're just trolling.
    I know many artists (irl) and they work very hard at it. The images you see take many years of training & drawing/practicing every single day. You can't do that if you "don't care about art." There is a lot that goes into producing a single piece; let alone an entire comic, etc. Both the art & writing fields require a lot of revision and learning.

- - - Updated - - -

That is always good too... XP
    But I was trying to lighten the mood by making a joke.
    That's where I think you're wrong. Art is mediocre, and I'm not talking about tumblrinas who draw pictures of the people from frozen with big red noses. We're not talking about animators and patreon artists. That is not what I mean by art. None of that goes up in a museum.

i will gladly insult anyone who does shit like this.

Or this
    Spoiler:

This is not art. It's obscene. Even writers and artists who come out of Harvard are god awful. Walk into any contemporary art museum and this shit is everywhere. It's sickening.
    Last edited by Mujaya; July 12th, 2018 at 11:53 AM.

The prince says that the world will be saved by beauty! And I maintain that the reason he has such playful ideas is that he is in love.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Harvard is an art school?
    Atlus: Just Make an Eroge Already.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED IGLOO 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt S2 IBO

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Harvard is an art school?
    Harvard has an art school and many people who come out of Harvard with English degrees go on to be novelists. They suck at it fyi.

The prince says that the world will be saved by beauty! And I maintain that the reason he has such playful ideas is that he is in love.

Blog Entries
    That's where I think you're wrong. Art is mediocre, and I'm not talking about tumblrinas who draw pictures of the people from frozen with big red noses. We're not talking about animators and patreon artists. That is not what I mean by art. None of that goes up in a museum.

i will gladly insult anyone who does shit like this.

Or this
    Spoiler:

This is not art. It's obscene. Even writers and artists who come out of Harvard are god awful. Walk into any contemporary art museum and this shit is everywhere. It's sickening.
    Obviously I don't know you and all but no offense you sound like someone who's not very well versed in art and art history.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Obviously I don't know you and all but no offense you sound like someone who's not very well versed in art and art history.
    I am very well versed in art. Like i've said before, I come from a family of artists, so my aesthetic sense is far from unrefined. I know about minimalism and neo-expressionism, and impressionism and abstract expressionism and brutalism and post-modernism and all of that other shit. I'm saying it's bad. Brutalism in architecture was a shit show, and I know you know this because you're an architect. Abstract expressionism and minimalism are both garbage. I like neo-expressionism because of Basquiat. Banksy is a moron, as are many of the other anarchist social critics. I frequent art museums and I've studied the histories and some of the practices of painting, music, literature and poetry extensively. Some of my favorite artists include James Turrell, Yayoi Kusama, and Robert Irwin.

They do not encompass art as a whole, however. Art as a whole has been lacking since about the 1960's when Andy Warhol decided that he thought he could "mass produce" art. Either that or it was when James Pollock swindled people into thinking that he had talent.
    Last edited by Mujaya; July 12th, 2018 at 12:16 PM.

Lol art elitism
    a compass by which to get lost

a collection of facts and amusements

14:55 Elyhime: I rolled some garbage

04:59 AndroUser2: On one hand
    04:59 AndroUser2: Vlows a total savage
    04:59 AndroUser2: But she's lsokinda based
    04:59 AndroUser2: Shame she's msffrir

Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    you can choose to instead be emotionally constipated I guess
    when a random guy hits on you you can just brush him off

when a random guy hits on you and he has an aussie accent, that's the devil's temptation
    god everytime I open your signature my lifespan is shortened by 3 years
    and no disrespect who the fuck is glow

Quote Originally Posted by Gl❀w View Post
    Lol art elitism
    As if that's a bad thing. There is no elite in art. Why do you think nobody cares about it? There sure as hell aren't very many people willing to send their kids to art school.

like, honestly, i just feel bad for you. i am aware that there is nothing that i can say that will change the lens through which you view this world, and that you are willingly and gleefully charging headfirst into a denial of the beauty in all its forms around you is, in all sincerity, one of the most tragic ways i can conceive to spend a life.
    a compass by which to get lost

a collection of facts and amusements

14:55 Elyhime: I rolled some garbage

04:59 AndroUser2: On one hand
    04:59 AndroUser2: Vlows a total savage
    04:59 AndroUser2: But she's lsokinda based
    04:59 AndroUser2: Shame she's msffrir

you can choose to instead be emotionally constipated I guess
    when a random guy hits on you you can just brush him off

when a random guy hits on you and he has an aussie accent, that's the devil's temptation
    god everytime I open your signature my lifespan is shortened by 3 years
    and no disrespect who the fuck is glow