Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Blog Entries
    oh, you guys are still on thisermgonna go back to eating my cookiees

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    oh, you guys are still on thisermgonna go back to eating my cookiees
    Not like it's going to end in anything but further arguing.
    HAVE AN AMV

- - - Updated - - -

wb Seika
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    People haven't gotten into a mob yet, despite DH making it look like that. The only ones who've taken action against Vic and "hurt" him are Rooster Teeth and Funimation by refusing to work with him any longer, and acting as if that is unjustified is dumb. Who wants to work with someone who has that sort of reputation (which most of the time is not baseless nonsense)?
    I am not arguing it has... yet.

But I hope if it does, in any other scenario, turn so... and the arguments end up shut down in court, that these companies consider they might have essentially shat on the labor code.

On the bright side... scratch that, he's probably better off Funimation. Sony's going to run it into the ground.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You're upset at this not because you fear the rule of law is being upended, you're upset at this because you're scared it could happen to you. Just don't be a creep and have some self-awareness, it's a good life policy. One that Vic McGonagall clearly still lacks.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. Maybe substitute "stupid" for "wilfully blind", though it amounts to the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Just off the top of my head.
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...metoo-comments

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, as I said earlier, I'm not going to discuss specific examples. Vic Mignogna is a creep, quote me if you want- I don't give a damn. What I'm trying to do is ring some alarm bells in how much people allow rumours unfounded or at least unconfirmed by any responsible entity, to sway their opinion on matters and people. It's not even just about #metoo and rape allegations, this is but the latest offshoot of a trend that gets more and more alarming in recent years.

- - - Updated - - -

tl;dr utilise ur fucking critical thinking be people not sheeple
    Oh hey pot, nice to meet you, I'm kettle. Are you also equally stupid?

You could use some of that critical thinking yourself too buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    I am not arguing it has... yet.

But I hope if it does, in any other scenario, turn so... and the arguments end up shut down in court, that these companies consider they might have essentially shat on the labor code.

On the bright side... scratch that, he's probably better off Funimation. Sony's going to run it into the ground.
    Hypotheticals are nice to argue and nicer to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    You're upset at this not because you fear the rule of law is being upended, you're upset at this because you're scared it could happen to you. Just don't be a creep and have some self-awareness, it's a good life policy. One that Vic McGonagall clearly still lacks.
    Close, but not quite. I'm upset not because I fear the rule of law has been upended in this particular case, because for the love of God how many times am I going to repeat that I am NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS INDIVIDUAL CASE, I am upset because it could literally happen to anyone whether they are guilty in the slightest or not.
    "Just don't be guilty lol"

Now who's the ridiculous optimist? In the court of "the people", innocence and guilt are determined solely by who can shout the loudest. It's like you've never heard of the witch trials before.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Do you actually think it's that difficult to not do morally questionable stuff that might verge on sexual harassment? Or that we're all hormonal timebombs waiting to go off and go down as creeps?

Do you honestly believe that these things just pop up from nowhere with zero support?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Oh, boo-hoo, Cavill made some extremely asinine comments (seriously, if you're equating "walking up to a woman and talking to her" with "rape", you probably should rethink your behaviour toward women) and was criticised for it, big freaking deal. You talk as if he was blacklisted when that's far from what happened.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like you've never heard of the witch trials before.
    People who suffered from sexual harassment, abuse, or even assault = a mob of ignorant bigots going after anyone who doesn't conform to their standards. Classy, Deathhappens, classy.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, maybe stop generalising things to the point they're no longer applicable to actual concrete cases? Because that doesn't in any way protect hypothetical future innocent people from wrongful persecution, it just demeans the actual present-time victims.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quoting someone else here:

"Also, I hate the “due process” or “innocent until proven guilty in a court of law” defense, as this isn’t a criminal matter. One can still see someone as creepy and not want to deal with them if what they did doesn’t rise to the level of outright criminality or whatever. I also despise the accusations of “SJW-ism” (whatever the fuck that means) auto dismissing this as a smear campaign or whatever. I mean, there’s a reason why said rumors over his behavior have persisted for as long as they have. And from what I can tell, telling someone else about being sexually assaulted or harassed or whatever is incredibly difficult, especially if the person being accused is someone high profile. Isn’t that was the whole #metoo movement has proved? And don’t give me any bullshit about gold diggers or false accusations or whatever, seeing so many accusations means you can’t just dismiss them out of hand."

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Oh, boo-hoo, Cavill made some extremely asinine comments (seriously, if you're equating "walking up to a woman and talking to her" with "rape", you probably should rethink your behaviour toward women) and was criticised for it, big freaking deal. You talk as if he was blacklisted when that's far from what happened.

- - - Updated - - -

People who suffered from sexual harassment, abuse, or even assault = a mob of ignorant bigots going after anyone who doesn't conform to their standards. Classy, Deathhappens, classy.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, maybe stop generalising things to the point they're no longer applicable to actual concrete cases? Because that doesn't in any way protect hypothetical future innocent people from wrongful persecution, it just demeans the actual present-time victims.
    Your glasses are so polarised they're practically opaque, man. I give up.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    "Polarised". Yes, I suppose being on the side that thinks sexual harassment / abuse / assault is bad does make me "polarised".

Sexual harassment was never the topic.
    We were never on different sides to begin with.

You're so entrenched into your preprepared positions you can't see that the enemy you're shelling isn't fucking there.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Close, but not quite. I'm upset not because I fear the rule of law has been upended in this particular case, because for the love of God how many times am I going to repeat that I am NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS INDIVIDUAL CASE, I am upset because it could literally happen to anyone whether they are guilty in the slightest or not.
    "Just don't be guilty lol"

Now who's the ridiculous optimist? In the court of "the people", innocence and guilt are determined solely by who can shout the loudest. It's like you've never heard of the witch trials before.
    I'm not talking about the individual case alone either, but it's what we started talking about do what're ya gonna do.

Not being a creeper works, yeah. If you don't do gross shit like Vic or Morgan Freeman or many other men like them, you're going to have a fine time. Just don't be ignorant of what harassing behaviour is and thank God more people speak up about it now so you've got plenty of examples of what not to do.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

That's a mighty slippery slope you're proposing to slip down.

- - - Updated - - -

Padre here doing God's own work
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sexual harassment was never the topic.
    We were never on different sides to begin with.

You're so entrenched into your preprepared positions you can't see that the enemy you're shelling isn't fucking there.
    Really, if you're that worried about being caught and fired like Vic, maybe you should take a long hard look at yourself?

Most people get along fine without needing to because they don't act like creeps. And it's not that difficult to do so.

Blog Entries
    That's a mighty slippery slope you're proposing to slip down.

- - - Updated - - -

Padre here doing God's own work
    You're the one proposing a slippery slope by saying it's not about sexual harassment. I'm saying it is, and if not being a creep is a bridge too far for you then, uhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Really, if you're that worried about being caught and fired like Vic, maybe you should take a long hard look at yourself?

Most people get along fine without needing to because they don't act like creeps. And it's not that difficult to do so.
    If you're trying to make me rescind my assessment of you from earlier, you're really not making much progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    You're the one proposing a slippery slope by saying it's not about sexual harassment. I'm saying it is, and if not being a creep is a bridge too far for you then, uhhhh
    Oh great, it's contagious.

Yes folks, clearly what I've been trying to say all this time is that I'm a socially awkward creep and I feel attacked when some other socially awkward creep gets #exposed by the JUSTICE OF THE MASSES, please teach me how to mend my ways

/sarcasm because I honestly don't trust some of you to get it even when I lay it on THIS thick.

Not that I honestly expected any big revelations to come from having this argument for the Nth time, but I was at least hoping this board would be intelligent enough to avoid the pitfall of personal attacks. A shame.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; February 15th, 2019 at 11:47 AM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you're trying to make me rescind my assessment of you from earlier, you're really not making much progress.
    You're the one acting like Chicken Little here in a world where the sky isn't falling. That really says a lot, especially when you ignored the whole "Don't act like a creep, it's easy!" part.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that I honestly expected any big revelations to come from having this argument for the Nth time, but I was at least hoping this board would be intelligent enough to avoid the pitfall of personal attacks. A shame.
    Maybe when you can stop abusing the slippery slope that this is going to hurt more innocent people than guilty people, we could talk.

Can you guys pretend to be fun again yet?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    It’s not so simple. Anyone who’s seen a bad breakup or messy divorce knows people on both sides make shit up all the time. When self interest and emotions get involved you can’t take everything at face value. The divorce industry wouldn’t be so huge otherwise.

But ten years of people saying stuff and your own coworkers? If one person says you’re an asshole then that’s just their opinion, but if everyone says it then you have to ask why there is such a unanimous reaction.

Also, personal testimony IS evidence.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.