Page 8801 of 10290 FirstFirst ... 78018301870187518791879687998800880188028803880688118851890193019801 ... LastLast
Results 176,001 to 176,020 of 205787

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Read this brilliant work of Nasu, Higashide and Konoe. You can practically feel every nuance of every plot device. In terms of narrative craftsmanship, the sheer shoddiness, this volume hits a new peak of intellectual bankruptcy. Take the scene with "Giant Exploding Dragon Spartacus". In this scene, Yuichiro Higashide addresses the problems of abusive political authority. "Jeanne Meets Sieg in Avalon" is the most moving scene of the 2010s, about monogamy and commitment. The scene is extremely uplifting. His prose is as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've read in fiction.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Spinach has mistaken me for this dickhead Leopardbear. It seems logical because Leopardbear also posts on the UBW thread and in fact does the exact same ironyposting I do and he also has a penchant for Neon Genesis Evangelion and watches. Leo and I also both fap to boats, although I have a slightly better taste.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Come on, Left. There are a lot more important things than Tsukihime to worry about.

Like what?

Well, we have to finish DDD for one. And slow down the powerlevels race, stop toxicity and grail wars. We have to provide translations to the runeless, and oppose GO discrimination and promote banning rights, while also promoting equal treatment for mods. We have to encourage a return to traditional headcanoning. Most importantly, we have to promote general forum welfare, and less shitposting in young posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Kinoko Nasu's solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially works like "Fate/Grand Order" and, uh, "Fate/Extella". But I also think Kinoko Nasu works best within the confines of the company, than as a solo writer, and I stress the word writer. This is "Fate/Extra CCC", a great, great work, a personal favorite.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Nasu's early work was a bit too old world of darkness for my tastes, but when F/A came out, i think TM really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole LN series has a clear, concise idea, and a new sheen of intellectual bankruptcy.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "Do you know what Frostyvale said about Servants?"

Frostyvale? The BL lemon writer?

"No, serial killer, US, the '10s."

So what did he say?

"When i see a new Servant being released, I think two things. One part of me wants to roll her, listen to her My Room lines, be nice and sweet and give her Grails..."

And what did the other part think?

"How many stars is she?"

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

"I don't think we should quote each other any more."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"My need to engage in sociopathic behavior on a forum scale cannot be corrected, but, ah, I have no other way to fulfill my needs."

"What about the good times?"

"We never really had one."

"You're a troll."

"No...I'm in touch with sincerity. RT, I'm sorry, I just, uh...You're not terribly important to me."

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    There are no more warnings to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the banned, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it, I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better forum for anyone; in fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my ban continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This post has meant nothing.
    Last edited by Frostyvale; January 19th, 2017 at 12:35 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pai, it's Kirby, Kirby Lily. You're my wallet so I think you should know: I've rolled a lot of gachas.

"Thousands of quartz and lots of materials. Grails, and QP in the wallet."

I'm trying to read the new Fate/Strange Fake volume, but Christemo, my supposed friend, keeps buzzing in my ear.

"King Hassan. We'll roll King Hassan. And we'll have to get someone to videotape. Bridge, we should do it."

"Do what?"

"Download it. Play Grand Order."

"No, I can't take the time off posting about Tsukihime."

"Your friends practically run the forum. You can post anything you like, silly."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"You hate that forum anyway. I don't see why you just don't quit."

"Because I want to believe."

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    If they have a great story and they're not translated... then who fucking cares?

Well, let's just say hypotetically, ok? What if they have a great story?

all laugh

I know, I know

more laughter

There are no VNs with a good story.

A good story consists of a loli with a little hard body, who will satisfy all sexual demands without being too slutty about things, and who essentially will keep her dumb fucking mouth shut.

The only VNs with good stories who are clever or maybe funny or halfway clever or funny, though God knows that's impossible, are chuuni shit.

Absolutely.

And this is because they have to make up for how fucking pretentious they are.

“They don't have a good subforum to roll gacha in.”

“Are you sure that's him over there?”

“Yes. Rightunders, I am.”

“He's handling the Paitouch account.”

“Lucky bastard.”

“Lucky whale bastard.”

“Jesus, Leftovers, what does that have to do with anything?”

“I've seen that bastard sitting in his profile, talking on the VMs to the mods, rolling fucking Grails.”

“Not Grails. You roll with Quartz.”

“Oh, my God. Bridgeburner, do you want me to fry you up some fucking Golden Apples? Some monuments?”

“No. Just cool it with the anti-GO remarks.”

“Oh, I forgot. Bridgeburner's friends with someone from /fgog/.

“The voice of reason... the bigshot next door.”

looks at gacha bill

“Speaking of reasonable, only $570...”

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    “New Servant. What do you think?”

“Whoa-ho, very nice. Look at that.”

“Picked them up from the gacha yesterday.”

“Good design.”

“That's 'Koyama'. And the class is something called 'Lancer'.”

“It's very cool, Paitouch...but that's nothing. Look at this.”

(Snax removes his phone from his pocket)

“That is really nice.”

“'Shizuki Morii', with 'Archer' class. What do you think?”

“...Nice.”

“Jesus. That is really super. How'd a whale like you get so tasteful?”

I can't believe that Kirby prefers Snax's Servant to mine.

“But wait, you ain't seen nothing yet.”

(Kirby removes his phone from his pocket)

“'Lancer', 'BLACK'. Swimsuit.”

“Impressive. Very nice. ...Let's see Laith's Servant.

(Kirby slowly reveals Laith's Servant)

Look at that subtle Alter coloring. The tasteful waifuness of it. Oh my God; It's even Grailed.

(Paitouch seethes)

“Something wrong? ...Paitouch? You're sweating.”

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    "I'm leaving. I've assessed the fandom, and I'm leaving."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I turn back at midnight.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    On the stroke of twelve, the spell will be broken, and everything will be as it was before.

Fairy tale, transparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Blog Entries
    Guys I miss Kirbyvale.