Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Captain arrogance at his finest... If you spoke Spanish, I would accuse you of cunaismo, but the point is going to be lost on someone who's clearly seating in a horse too high to see beyond the immediate event.

Not letting people with you have a punchline and jump to conclusions. We barely know how his contract works and I worry about the very idea that people can be fired for sneezing in the wrong direction. Like, it genuinely pisses me off. That kind of treatment in Spain would end with a really big lump sum and media coverage in favor of the affected. This has less to do with Vic and more to do with Funi being just able to lay him off, no questions asked and owing him nothing in the event they get it all wrong.

I know it's Texas and not Spain, but... still... it doesn't piss me off any less.

Companies should bow to their former ex-employee if wrong.
    Says the person who's ignoring credible accounts and evidence from multiple accusers just to moan about how cruel and unjust it is that people decide to remove a toxic personality from their workplace because of said evidence.

Bitching about the law is pointless when this isn't covered in the law and bringing up fringe cases and hypotheticals to try to defend Vic is essentially trolling. You're saying it's fine if people decide to be jerks to you and others at work and that they can keep their jobs even if they are hurting others.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 34 View Post
    Just build the wall already
    Can't they just build it per annum. Also, whatever happened to the You-smack-a (mole)/"You, Simca" deal that was the thing that would funnel the money to fund it?

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Says the person who's ignoring credible accounts and evidence from multiple accusers just to moan about how cruel and unjust it is that people decide to remove a toxic personality from their workplace because of said evidence.

Bitching about the law is pointless when this isn't covered in the law and bringing up fringe cases and hypotheticals to try to defend Vic is essentially trolling. You're saying it's fine if people decide to be jerks to you and others at work and that they can keep their jobs even if they are hurting others.
    I am not defending Vic. You must be confusing me with the other guy who actually was.

What I am talking about is essentially if a company can remove a person on their own volition without the state saying "hold on". Apparently, this is the case in Texas and I've acknowledged it as such (no clue because I didn't bother reading into your post, I just took it at face value and assumed your argument was truthful). THIS is what worries me because it means the law cannot protect people from extortion. I am not saying this case is so, but I would be worried if there wasn't at least some laws that forced the company to compensate you for removing you if an investigation says you've been removed unlawfully. I am not saying he should be allowed to continue, but in those scenarios, you furlough them. They stay home without pay until the investigation is done. If you're guilty, the furlough turns into a sacking. If not, you get compensation for all the time you weren't paid, just like US Govt workers during shutdown.

Essentially, plenty of people having a legitimate complaint (or hell, one person with a legitimate and verifiable complaint) is a fair reason to get sacked if confirmed. Having a mob of people who hate you and can badmouth you off a company is hell for worker's rights. You have no clue how often I ended up working with people who wanted me off my workplace (apparently, showing favoritism to the best worker under you is a bad thing) and how they knew they had no recourse because making something up or saying X, Y and Z would've launched an investigation into the issue and if I was cleared, the company would have to compensate me for the time I would be laid off, not lay me off until the Tribunal sent their ruling and even take fire those who were guilty of conspiring against me.

If you can point me to a similar set of protections existing in Texas, I'll shut up and say this can't happen. Hell, I wasn't even into the Vic issue when I learned about it. I simply felt the ability to fire someone on request with no actual court verdict (thus, "people's justice" or what I'd call "mob rule" is the one who judges people) is something I would be wary off and that I hope it's not as simply as telling someone to pack up their stuff without a professional's input.

Take it from someone who's been in that actual position (thus it's personal) where, had I been in Texas, I would've lost that job. People's words are NOT reliable unless they can be corroborated by professionals or authorities.

I think I'm gonna be sick. No wonder you guys consider a centrist European a communist!
    Last edited by AsGryffynn; February 20th, 2019 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Don't bother answering. I already know how horrific American labor regulations are.

Can you girls continue this boring ass snoozefest in PM's?

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Can you girls continue this boring ass snoozefest in PM's?
    I just wrapped it up (hopefully).

I'm still horrorized by the fact so many US states have no implied contract exception... in other words, it's 100% their call unless you can claim the employer was forcing you to do something illegal or happen to be member of a "protected group".

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Or the gladiatorial arena.

- - - Updated - - -

Also just a heads up, the word is "horrified".
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

At times I really do see potential for greatness fishrin

Why, do you avoid reflective surfaces?
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Can't they just build it per annum. Also, whatever happened to the You-smack-a (mole)/"You, Simca" deal that was the thing that would funnel the money to fund it?

I am not defending Vic. You must be confusing me with the other guy who actually was.

What I am talking about is essentially if a company can remove a person on their own volition without the state saying "hold on". Apparently, this is the case in Texas and I've acknowledged it as such (no clue because I didn't bother reading into your post, I just took it at face value and assumed your argument was truthful). THIS is what worries me because it means the law cannot protect people from extortion. I am not saying this case is so, but I would be worried if there wasn't at least some laws that forced the company to compensate you for removing you if an investigation says you've been removed unlawfully. I am not saying he should be allowed to continue, but in those scenarios, you furlough them. They stay home without pay until the investigation is done. If you're guilty, the furlough turns into a sacking. If not, you get compensation for all the time you weren't paid, just like US Govt workers during shutdown.

Essentially, plenty of people having a legitimate complaint (or hell, one person with a legitimate and verifiable complaint) is a fair reason to get sacked if confirmed. Having a mob of people who hate you and can badmouth you off a company is hell for worker's rights. You have no clue how often I ended up working with people who wanted me off my workplace (apparently, showing favoritism to the best worker under you is a bad thing) and how they knew they had no recourse because making something up or saying X, Y and Z would've launched an investigation into the issue and if I was cleared, the company would have to compensate me for the time I would be laid off, not lay me off until the Tribunal sent their ruling and even take fire those who were guilty of conspiring against me.

If you can point me to a similar set of protections existing in Texas, I'll shut up and say this can't happen. Hell, I wasn't even into the Vic issue when I learned about it. I simply felt the ability to fire someone on request with no actual court verdict (thus, "people's justice" or what I'd call "mob rule" is the one who judges people) is something I would be wary off and that I hope it's not as simply as telling someone to pack up their stuff without a professional's input.

Take it from someone who's been in that actual position (thus it's personal) where, had I been in Texas, I would've lost that job. People's words are NOT reliable unless they can be corroborated by professionals or authorities.

I think I'm gonna be sick. No wonder you guys consider a centrist European a communist!
    Firstly, you seem to think I'm American when I'm Indian and studying abroad in Malaysia. So American labor codes don't mean a lot to me, especially when I have zero experience with them.

Secondly, Funimation did do an investigation when the allegations arose before firing Vic, it's even stated in their tweet about Vic. This isn't random people complaining and gettimg their way, some of the stuff was looked at and Funi ended up deciding it wasn't worth keeping him. Witness accounts and photos are evidence enough for them as they aren't the law or justice. They don't need trials and courts to decide for them whether to keep someone or not.

Which has zero relation to the derail about potential worker abuse and lack of such protection. Unless you have some reports or such that this is a big problem in Texas or similar places, it's essentially pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Why, do you avoid reflective surfaces?
    Geez, you make me blush

- - - Updated - - -

I just wrapped it up (hopefully).
    Hahahahahaha

Mind you, (I believe) most everyone has potential. For most people it ends just being potential, too.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

A sentiment I share

Blog Entries
    actually the fact that if you’re a molester you can’t be fired in europe is bad
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't care that you put it in spoiler tags, please never post anything like this again. God knows why you thought it was a good idea to share this shit.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Yeah that was weird as fuck.

Here's more news about old Vic: https://io9.gizmodo.com/one-of-anime...ssm-1832390505
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

don't add more fuel...

- - - Updated - - -

hey mac do you like the color red

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Red is a strong color. So naturally.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

I like it too

a color that sends a message

wink

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    zurvan im taken

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    concubine
    Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes
    A world where tragedy is the only measure by which a narrative holds value is not one I am going to live in even where the circumstances in a particular work are tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    If an adult themed work can have graphic slaughter and the like, it can have sex. Just do it competently if you want to go explicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    How dare you she's a married woman
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    No but why ask him to pull out right before the end tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    God is dead and I'm gonna kiss all his cute girl saints
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    MAMA BURST
    A Writer's Fate
    F/GO JP (Updated: 4/11/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    zurvan im taken